TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Asking any and everything about frontier - HELP / ADVICE

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Re: Asking any and everything about frontier - HELP / ADVICE

Postby Joshie23 » February 25th, 2019, 3:29 pm

Gents, it appears that my pedal sensor and MAP sensor have given up the ghost on my ZD30-equipped D22. I can drive the van but the throttle response is poor. Can anyone advise??

I'm also looking for mudguards; need to do inspection. I saw in the thread that Filter Proz might have..again, can anyone advise??

Captain Awesome
Sweet on this forum

Postby Captain Awesome » February 25th, 2019, 6:43 pm

Joshie23 wrote:Gents, it appears that my pedal sensor and MAP sensor have given up the ghost on my ZD30-equipped D22. I can drive the van but the throttle response is poor. Can anyone advise??

I'm also looking for mudguards; need to do inspection. I saw in the thread that Filter Proz might have..again, can anyone advise??
Is it happening in one gear or all gears? Also, are you getting any smoke?

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » February 26th, 2019, 6:10 am

Installed a oil catch in my d22 4x2 td27 vehicle, was getting some oil in the intake and a deal with a baffled oil catch came up. Honestly it made a big power impovement, around 2500 the van was feeling sluggish, now its pulling alot stronger, climbing hills in 3rd when before i used to gear down to 2nd.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » February 26th, 2019, 10:35 am

Captain Awesome wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:Gents, it appears that my pedal sensor and MAP sensor have given up the ghost on my ZD30-equipped D22. I can drive the van but the throttle response is poor. Can anyone advise??

Is it happening in one gear or all gears? Also, are you getting any smoke?

Thanks for the response. Basically, when I sink the pedal to overtake or climb a hill or anything that requires more power, it's just not there. The only smoke I get is a little on mornings when I start up but no smoke on idle or when driving. Imagine a little Ford Focus passed me on a stretch this morning. :cry:

Ted_v2 wrote:Installed a oil catch in my d22 4x2 td27 vehicle, was getting some oil in the intake and a deal with a baffled oil catch came up. Honestly it made a big power impovement, around 2500 the van was feeling sluggish, now its pulling alot stronger, climbing hills in 3rd when before i used to gear down to 2nd.

Neat little mod. Thinking about one as well.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » March 3rd, 2019, 7:09 am

I know it's Carnival season but anything on the above folks? I ran a diagnostic scan on the van and got something about the accelerator pedal, cleared it and still had the issue. Scanned again and got a 0095 code, Turbo Pressure. Cleared same and still have the issue (which is expected because nothing was replaced), but I'm fed up. A NA TD27 (no offense :lol: ) ran up on my boosted 3 litre engine with the pedal to the floor and I almost shed a tear.

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » March 8th, 2019, 7:27 am

Ted_v2 wrote:Installed a oil catch in my d22 4x2 td27 vehicle, was getting some oil in the intake and a deal with a baffled oil catch came up. Honestly it made a big power impovement, around 2500 the van was feeling sluggish, now its pulling alot stronger, climbing hills in 3rd when before i used to gear down to 2nd.

Got pics? please.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » March 8th, 2019, 8:24 am

Any engine especially a modern one requiring a thin body oil will benefit from a catch can. Have one installed on a new sentra and one would be shocked how much oil is being ingested into the intake manifold.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » March 14th, 2019, 4:22 am

My mechanic and I diagnosed the problem to be the park/neutral switch on the gearbox getting disconnected. Somehow, it causes the ECU to reduce the engine output. He also blanked the EGR. We were thinking about putting on the turbo from an E25 version ZD30 and maybe intercooling and lifting but I'm selling as is. Thanks for all the assistance.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » March 15th, 2019, 7:23 pm

Once I remember in the morning I'll post it. Rell good idea. I getting 1 small drop about a match grain size after 800km
SNIPER 3000 wrote:

Got pics? please.

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » March 15th, 2019, 8:11 pm

Excellent.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » March 17th, 2019, 2:25 pm

Forgot again. But I'll organise it tomorrow morning. Simple enough. No cutting of anything.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 27th, 2019, 8:15 pm

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Postby cueball1990 » August 22nd, 2019, 10:47 am

hey guys recently bought a d22 with QD32 engine looking for some advice on a few things. The van needs repairs but working good for now.

Where can i get the body/chassis bushings?

Where can i get the bonnet side rubber stops?

Where can i get the duraliner tie loops or the side rails with the hooks?

The driver side front door vibrates alot and i was wondering if changing the hinges and pins would fix this? Door has a bit of a space on the top also.

Looking for some bulbs for the cluster display as well as it is a bit dim. will t5 bulbs work?

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”