Forums

Energy Minister Franklyn Khan has died

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Energy Minister Franklyn Khan has died

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 17th, 2021, 8:07 am

Hearing some news about minister Khan. Might be rumours. If more people start singing the same song, I'd share same

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby 2WNBoost » April 17th, 2021, 8:25 am

Seems to be true
IMG_0776.JPG

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 17th, 2021, 8:26 am

Fly high king

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby Redman » April 17th, 2021, 8:30 am

Rest in Peace

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 17th, 2021, 8:39 am

MINISTER FRANKLIN KHAN HAS DIED

Energy Minister Franklin Khan has died.

He passed away this morning.

Khan leaves to mourn wife Laura, and two children.

Khan was being treated for years for heart disease.

In late 2016, Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister Stuart Young denied reports that Khan had a heart attack while on vacation in Thailand.

Young did confirm that Minister Khan was hospitalised. He said it was due to a viral infection leading to excess fluid in his lungs.

In February 2017, Khan took leave after having a procedure done for heart-related issues.

Khan had the procedure done shortly after his return to T&T from Thailand.

The Government said then that Khan’s surgery was successful and he would remain on leave while he recuperated.

In April 2020 he underwent another medical procedure.

Khan is originally from Guayaguayare, a village on Trinidad's east coast.

He was first elected as the Member of Parliament for Ortoire/Mayaro in 2002. He was then appointed Minister of Works and Transport, a position which he held until May 2005.

Following the 2015 general election, Franklin Khan was appointed to the Senate as a member of the 11th Parliament. He was appointed Minister of Rural Development and Local Government on September 11, 2015.

Franklin Khan is a Petroleum Geologist by profession, having spent twenty years in the energy sector both locally and abroad in a wide range of positions both at the technical and managerial levels.

Senator Khan holds a BSc Degree in Geology and Geography (1980) from the UWI (Mona) Jamaica, and a MBA (2007) from the Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business, UWI (Trinidad).

Professionally, Senator Khan served as President of the Geological Society of Trinidad and Tobago on two occasions. He also served as a Director of the Water and Sewage Authority (WASA) (1986-1990) and as Chairman of National Petroleum Marketing Co. Ltd. (NPMC) from 2001-2002.

In government, under the Patrick Manning administration, he served as Minister of Works and Transport from 2002 to 2005, and as Member of Parliament for Ortoire/Mayaro from 2002 to 2007. In 2015, he was appointed as the Minister of Rural Development and Local Government in the Keith Rowley administration, and in 2016, he was appointed as the Minister of Energy and Energy Industries, a position that he currently holds.

PORTFOLIOS

Minister of Energy and Energy Industries - 19 August, 2020 - Present

Minister of Energy and Energy Industries - 31 October, 2016 - 9 August, 2020

Minister of Rural Development and Local Government 11 September, 2015 - 30 October, 2016

Government Member - 4 May, 2005 - 28 September, 2007

Minister of Works and Transport - 15 October, 2002 - 13 May, 2005

Source: https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/f ... 3936f.html

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » April 17th, 2021, 9:01 am

Rest in Peace Mr. Khan

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » April 17th, 2021, 9:05 am

RIP Mr Khan

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » April 17th, 2021, 9:07 am

Ok
Noted.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

RIP Franklin Khan

Postby Dohplaydat » April 17th, 2021, 9:36 am

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 17th, 2021, 9:38 am

ok, he daed.
so tell me, why should I or anyone else care?

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 17th, 2021, 9:42 am

Serving minister dying is noteworthy.

Franklin was a decent guy to me at least. Did some minor work for his company (actually think his wife owned it, but didn't matter) and he took me on site to some land up in Aripo he owned.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 17th, 2021, 9:43 am

Wonder who gets this ministry now?

Possibly Brian Manning?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 17th, 2021, 9:44 am

Dohplaydat wrote:Serving minister dying is noteworthy.

Franklin was a decent guy to me at least. Did some minor work for his company (actually think his wife owned it, but didn't matter) and he took me on site to some land up in Aripo he owned.
A decent guy also to the workers in Pt lisas and Petrotrin

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » April 17th, 2021, 9:46 am

RIP Mr. Khan.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » April 17th, 2021, 9:55 am

FB_IMG_1618667502807.jpeg

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » April 17th, 2021, 10:03 am

How old was he?

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » April 17th, 2021, 10:53 am

DMan7 wrote:How old was he?

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Re: Energy Minister Franklyn Khan has died

Postby Kenjo » April 17th, 2021, 11:01 am

K74T wrote:
DMan7 wrote:How old was he?

Oh he was actually quite young . But the public things about heart disease really are no minor matter . A few times he had issues that were announced before

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » April 17th, 2021, 11:08 am

Rip

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » April 17th, 2021, 11:16 am

He take the vaccine?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » April 17th, 2021, 11:19 am

ole saying : if u doh have good things to say then doh say anything ....

:|
Last edited by Rovin on April 17th, 2021, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 17th, 2021, 11:23 am

Vaccinated Khan spoke with colleagues hours before passing
https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/v ... 1f04a.html

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » April 17th, 2021, 11:33 am

Quote from express
'The Express was told by sources in the Peoples'a National Movement (PNM) that Khan was among parliamentarians who received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine last Tuesday.'

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 17th, 2021, 11:39 am

88sins wrote:ok, he daed.
He made millions while his constituency remained in the past. He was also involved in corruption and had to resign. He was sneaky

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 17th, 2021, 11:41 am

Rovin wrote:ole saying : if u doh have good things to say then doh say anything ....

:|
Tell that to the thousands of workers who loss jobs under his ministry

Petrotrin and Pt lisas, that's what he left behind

This man was shady and did very little
Last edited by zoom rader on April 17th, 2021, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » April 17th, 2021, 11:41 am

Anyone else seeing the irony here?

But when the family of the man who got the blood clot and died after taking the vaccine, complained, the "DOCTAHS' said they were lying.

Doctors have confirmed that Princes Town resident Ijaz Haniff, who died eight days after taking the COVID AstraZeneca vaccine, suffered cardiac failure due to a lack of sufficient blood and oxygen leading to his heart.

The report, done by surgeon Dr Ammiel Arra, gave the cause of death as multi-organ failure, bilateral limb and abdominal wall ischaemia, aortic thrombosis, diabetes mellitus/ischaemic heart disease and congestive cardiac failure.

https://guardian.co.tt/news/man-dies-8- ... 9da1deb7cb

Habit7 wrote:Vaccinated Khan spoke with colleagues hours before passing

aaron17 wrote:Quote from express
'The Express was told by sources in the Peoples'a National Movement (PNM) that Khan was among parliamentarians who received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine last Tuesday.'
Last edited by bluefete on April 17th, 2021, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » April 17th, 2021, 11:44 am

zoom rader wrote:
He made millions while his constituency remained in the past. He was also involved in corruption and had to resign. He was sneaky

Corruption charges against Khan dropped
by

Mon Sep 20 2010
Reshma Ragoonath

Minutes after corruption allegations against him were dropped former PNM Works Minister Franklin Khan was overcome with emotion, declaring that the past five years have been "torture for me and my family."

Yesterday, Khan, who was showered with hugs and kisses from relatives and supporters, made the brief statement as he emerged from the San Fernando Magistrates' Court after the charges were dropped. Director of Public Prosecutions Roger Gaspard, who appeared before Deputy Chief Magistrate Mark Wellington, indicated the State could no longer rely on the evidence of its star witness, former PNM councillor Dansam Dansook. "Therefore, the prosecution wishes to offer no evidence against this accused," Gaspard said. The DPP alluded to certain developments that happened prior to the yesterday's court matter. However, he did not divulge what were the developments.

Gaspard said Dansook made "certain utterances" which were reduced into writing and, based on those utterances, he had launched an inquiry. "It amounts to a conspiracy to pervert the course of public justice," Gaspard said. He further contended that based on recent developments, "I do not believe Dansam Dansook is the type of witness that the prosecution chooses to mount any further prosecution against Franklin Khan." Yesterday's development comes two years after former PNM Energy Minister Eric Williams, who was facing corruption charges levelled by Dansook, was freed of all charges. Khan was charged following allegations he accepted bribes from Dansook in exchange for contracts from 2001 to 2003.

Yesterday, Dansook hastily went to his vehicle following the matter. He told reporters: "I have nothing to say." He spent close to six days under intense cross- examination from defence attorney Gilbert Peterson SC during the preliminary inquiry and was expected to return to the witness stand yesterday. However, Gaspard appeared before Wellington and made the surprise announcement. He apologised to the court for the absence of lead attorney in the matter, Queen's Counsel Christopher Sallon. Gaspard said even though Dansook had given evidence it was insufficient to "mount a prima facie case." Peterson told Wellington the DPP informed him of the developments in the matter.

"I must say it is a commendable position to take. I did not expect anything else," he said. Khan, who appeared teary-eyed, declined further comment on the matter and directed all questions to his attorney. Peterson said it appeared that Dansook had recanted on his statutory declaration on which the charges were based. "This is obviously a witness on whom the DPP has, in my view, correctly considered...that he cannot rely upon to advance prosecution against anyone, far more a public officer in public office," Peterson said.

He also agreed with the DPP's decision to launch an inquiry. "I think it's the proper counsel. I do not think the DPP has a choice otherwise. I think he is discharging his duty by commencing or commissioning a criminal investigation into what he says appears to be a conspiracy to pervert the course of justice," Peterson added.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/article-6.2. ... 6f4dc55bc9

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 17th, 2021, 11:44 am

bluefete wrote:Anyone else seeing the irony here?

But when the family of the man who got the blood clot and died after taking the vaccine, complained, the "DOCTAHS' said they were lying.

https://guardian.co.tt/news/man-dies-8- ... 9da1deb7cb

Habit7 wrote:Vaccinated Khan spoke with colleagues hours before passing

aaron17 wrote:Quote from express
I was just about to point it out

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 17th, 2021, 11:46 am

bluefete wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

by

Mon Sep 20 2010
Reshma Ragoonath

Minutes after corruption allegations against him were dropped former PNM Works Minister Franklin Khan was overcome with emotion, declaring that the past five years have been "torture for me and my family."

Yesterday, Khan, who was showered with hugs and kisses from relatives and supporters, made the brief statement as he emerged from the San Fernando Magistrates' Court after the charges were dropped. Director of Public Prosecutions Roger Gaspard, who appeared before Deputy Chief Magistrate Mark Wellington, indicated the State could no longer rely on the evidence of its star witness, former PNM councillor Dansam Dansook. "Therefore, the prosecution wishes to offer no evidence against this accused," Gaspard said. The DPP alluded to certain developments that happened prior to the yesterday's court matter. However, he did not divulge what were the developments.

Gaspard said Dansook made "certain utterances" which were reduced into writing and, based on those utterances, he had launched an inquiry. "It amounts to a conspiracy to pervert the course of public justice," Gaspard said. He further contended that based on recent developments, "I do not believe Dansam Dansook is the type of witness that the prosecution chooses to mount any further prosecution against Franklin Khan." Yesterday's development comes two years after former PNM Energy Minister Eric Williams, who was facing corruption charges levelled by Dansook, was freed of all charges. Khan was charged following allegations he accepted bribes from Dansook in exchange for contracts from 2001 to 2003.

Yesterday, Dansook hastily went to his vehicle following the matter. He told reporters: "I have nothing to say." He spent close to six days under intense cross- examination from defence attorney Gilbert Peterson SC during the preliminary inquiry and was expected to return to the witness stand yesterday. However, Gaspard appeared before Wellington and made the surprise announcement. He apologised to the court for the absence of lead attorney in the matter, Queen's Counsel Christopher Sallon. Gaspard said even though Dansook had given evidence it was insufficient to "mount a prima facie case." Peterson told Wellington the DPP informed him of the developments in the matter.

"I must say it is a commendable position to take. I did not expect anything else," he said. Khan, who appeared teary-eyed, declined further comment on the matter and directed all questions to his attorney. Peterson said it appeared that Dansook had recanted on his statutory declaration on which the charges were based. "This is obviously a witness on whom the DPP has, in my view, correctly considered...that he cannot rely upon to advance prosecution against anyone, far more a public officer in public office," Peterson said.

He also agreed with the DPP's decision to launch an inquiry. "I think it's the proper counsel. I do not think the DPP has a choice otherwise. I think he is discharging his duty by commencing or commissioning a criminal investigation into what he says appears to be a conspiracy to pervert the course of justice," Peterson added.

Yeah that's when you have a red governments judge's and Dpp freeing him.

He was very shady and enriched himself

Stupes, was waiting for someone to post this bluefete took the bait

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » April 17th, 2021, 11:48 am

zoom rader wrote:
bluefete wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

by

Mon Sep 20 2010
Reshma Ragoonath

Yeah that's when you have a red governments judge's and Dpp freeing him.

He was very shady and enriched himself

Stupes, was waiting for someone to post this

He was no different to any of them in the UNC and the PNM! Everybody in it to enrich themselves and their families.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”