TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Bad decisions people make in their 20's..

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Bad decisions people make in their 20's..

Postby matr1x » April 9th, 2021, 5:06 pm

Also when you retire, hobbies keep your mind sharp.

You don't want to be and old man with his mouth open, not knowing what to do with yourself.

I would kill myself. Because at that stage you half way dead already

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » April 9th, 2021, 11:44 pm

Lots of people age like milk after they retire. They figure that housework and gardening would keep them busy when it really wont.
The 3-5 years after retirement really hit a lot of working class folks hard.

Worse yet if they take early retirement with no plan other than retiring early.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 10th, 2021, 2:50 am

matr1x wrote:Also when you retire, hobbies keep your mind sharp.

You don't want to be and old man with his mouth open, not knowing what to do with yourself.

Studies show that mind stimulation activities like crossword puzzles can help prevent dementia in later life, so don't wait until retirement.

matr1x

Postby matr1x » April 10th, 2021, 6:27 am

De Dragon wrote:

Studies show that mind stimulation activities like crossword puzzles can help prevent dementia in later life, so don't wait until retirement.

It's true. my point is, following the forum title. Get a hobby early on.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 10th, 2021, 7:46 am

The way how things going in Trinidad, you're lucky to reach retirement age healthy and live.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » April 10th, 2021, 11:48 am

retirement doh mean u stop doing anything physical & siddong on a rocking chair , watching plenty tv\net & letting d health problems slide in , u have to keep urself active even if it means taking a stroll , doing a small back yard garden , wash d car , bathe d dog etc ... find something to do

i have seen 80+ yr old men on youtube who do mechanic & car customizing in their prime still doing it in their ole age , they theory is when u stop doing work ur body stops living & u die

like everything else its all about keeping a balance ...

matr1x

Postby matr1x » April 10th, 2021, 1:14 pm

There is an 84 year old astronomer from Florida who used to come down before chinee flu. If he does it, not much excuses to be had

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Bad decisions people make in their 20's..

Postby MaxPower » April 10th, 2021, 1:35 pm

Team,

What ever your choices are or were,

Eat clean, exercise, surround yourself with positive people and energy but most of all....pray.

Haven’t spoken to God in years? That’s ok, start now.

Try not to be too hard on yourself for what you could and could not do in the past.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » April 10th, 2021, 3:12 pm

De Dragon wrote:

them ole tanties mind active with other ppl business

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 10th, 2021, 5:45 pm

Agreed.

I like this thread. Most importantly is the mistakes made in our early adulthood need to be converted to learnings to educate our kids and the young ones in our society.

And of course, we too need to learn from our mistakes to constantly improve ourselves.
MaxPower wrote:Team,

Eat clean, exercise, surround yourself with positive people and energy but most of all....pray.

Try not to be too hard on yourself for what you could and could not do in the past.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » April 10th, 2021, 6:15 pm

Boi i does just lay around all day when i have time off
Cant even muster the energy to do anything else. I go dead fast if i had to retire

ScHoolboySoloQ
Trinituner Peong

Postby ScHoolboySoloQ » April 10th, 2021, 6:27 pm

MaxPower wrote:Team,

This is the most important thing to do, put on the armor of God. Many question the existence of God, so did I because I was an atheist. I felt God's presence few months ago, it was as real as it gets.

1) Do not push God out of your life. This should have been first on my list.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 13th, 2021, 10:09 pm

How does a conviction in your 20's affect you as you progress through life?
Anyone know of any persons with this experience?

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » April 13th, 2021, 10:38 pm

Well that would vary according to the crime . Murder compared to stealing

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » April 14th, 2021, 7:56 am

Most important thing in Life is?.......................TIME.
What you do with it determines the life you live.
We have a limited time on earth, spend it wisely; you are not sure if you will live for tomorrow so be grateful you are here today.
Live today like if is your last BUT prepare for tomorrow.
Always do what makes you happy, whether is alco, cig (not too much obviously), women, beach, travel, hard pong, fast car, fast bike, reading, gym, feteing, carnival and the list goes on. But make sure keep your health in check.

Don't criticize or compare yourself to others.
You might prefer to spend your time and travel the world whilst someone else might get joy in working on a "project car". To each his own. Always remember that.

Always remember your youth is valuable. That 20-30 year bracket will never come again. There are some things you can do in these years that you will not be able to do it in your 40's. I know quite a lot of people who regret not enjoying their youth. So make sure and enjoy these years and do what makes you happy. Most important if you have partying and "feteing all night" in your bucket list. This is the age bracket to do it. In remember back in my 20's, I partied from Carnival Saturday (Feteing) straight to Carnival Tuesdays on the streets playing mas without sleep and I normal back out to work Ash Wednesday. And now if I make just one "all night" partying I need ah two/three days to recover.

With respect to children. Always remember as a parent you "provide" for your children. When they turn 20 they are going to start their own family and leave you out, to focus on their own. I see some parents put all their effort in their children that they forget about their own well-being and life. So whether you want to have children in your 20's, 30's or 40's it don't matter once you enjoy your life. Don't compare your situation against others. I know of some people who had children in their early 20's and children move out. They in their 40's now trying to party and live like if they 20 but to no avail. Their bodies will not allow them too. But most important they are happy and that is the key. Don't be like some parents who never lived their life and children move out and only check on them via phone-call. Trust me they are plenty.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 14th, 2021, 9:01 am

mad wrote:Most important thing in Life is?.......................TIME.
We have a limited time on earth, spend it wisely; you are not sure if you will live for tomorrow so be grateful you are here today.
Always do what makes you happy, whether is alco, cig (not too much obviously), women, beach, travel, hard pong, fast car, fast bike, reading, gym, feteing, carnival and the list goes on. But make sure keep your health in check.

You might prefer to spend your time and travel the world whilst someone else might get joy in working on a "project car". To each his own. Always remember that.

Always remember your youth is valuable. That 20-30 year bracket will never come again. There are some things you can do in these years that you will not be able to do it in your 40's. I know quite a lot of people who regret not enjoying their youth. So make sure and enjoy these years and do what makes you happy. Most important if you have partying and "feteing all night" in your bucket list. This is the age bracket to do it. In remember back in my 20's, I partied from Carnival Saturday (Feteing) straight to Carnival Tuesdays on the streets playing mas without sleep and I normal back out to work Ash Wednesday. And now if I make just one "all night" partying I need ah two/three days to recover.

With respect to children. Always remember as a parent you "provide" for your children. When they turn 20 they are going to start their own family and leave you out, to focus on their own. I see some parents put all their effort in their children that they forget about their own well-being and life. So whether you want to have children in your 20's, 30's or 40's it don't matter once you enjoy your life. Don't compare your situation against others. I know of some people who had children in their early 20's and children move out. They in their 40's now trying to party and live like if they 20 but to no avail. Their bodies will not allow them too. But most important they are happy and that is the key. Don't be like some parents who never lived their life and children move out and only check on them via phone-call. Trust me they are plenty.
Great advice here. Some parents spend their last dollar on their children and when they get older, children abandon them and threat them like crap. Sometimes it makes sense to enjoy yourself a little bit before making kids.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » April 14th, 2021, 12:57 pm

wtf wrote:

Great advice here. Some parents spend their last dollar on their children and when they get older, children abandon them and threat them like crap. Sometimes it makes sense to enjoy yourself a little bit before making kids.

Or doh make none at all... best life ever!!!

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » April 14th, 2021, 12:59 pm

Gladiator wrote:
wtf wrote:What are some bad decisions, actions and behaviors that people make in their 20's that affect their lives later on?

Hooking up with a fat chick and remaining with she for 10 years...like some bloke on tuner LOL

Dat is zoom self..and then bawling he single and using oman , but secretly he paying maintenance to a fat chick! :lol: :D :lol:

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 14th, 2021, 1:14 pm

This, I was a tied-down mooks in my early 20s due to being with a girl who didn't like carnival and parties.

It's been over 10 years since we done and I have partied so much, but also worked hard too. Studied and worked abroad, very competent in my field. Still so some consultancy on the side, but now I own a couple of businesses that do well enough.

No kids yet, but that will happen before I turn 40.

Live your life according to you. There is no right path. My friend is a surgeon who hates his life, but everyone seeing his life (rich, wife and kids) would think he 'made it'. He envies me.

But remember the grass is always, don't fall into the trap of comparing yourselves to others. You do you.

Just don't get addicted to drugs and be lazy, that's all the advice I have.

Oh and buy cyrpto cuz them things have at least 10-50X growth still left.
Last edited by Dohplaydat on April 14th, 2021, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » April 14th, 2021, 1:52 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:

This, I was a tied-down mooks in my early 20s due to being a girl who didn't like carnival and parties.

It's been over 10 years since we done and I have partied so much, but also worked hard too. Studied and worked abroad, very competent in my field. Still so some consultancy on the side, but now I own a couple of businesses that do well enough.

Live your life according to you. There is no right path. My friend is a surgeon who hates his life, but everyone seeing his life (rich, wife and kids) would think he 'made it'. He envies me.

But remember the grass is always, don't fall into the trap of comparing yourselves to others. You do you.

You're a girl?

Inbox bobs and vagene plese.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 14th, 2021, 2:10 pm

*with a girl, hell of a typo to make there

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 14th, 2021, 4:50 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:

This, I was a tied-down mooks in my early 20s due to being with a girl who didn't like carnival and parties.

What kind of business you have and what type of consultant are you? What industry?

mragoobir
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mragoobir » April 14th, 2021, 5:01 pm

Sh!!!!T,in my early 20's "23" i done had two kids, we still went an party,lime, fete,but not every weekend,now in my late 30's,an kidds in their late teens already chozen which career they want to go foward with in their life, as for me,housecars children close to RIDDIN OUTit dont get much better than this,so i just ask GOD for health and stength an thanks for his Guidance
This was not my Decision or my Plan, but the fact iz Life Happens an we are all here to Live it so go Brave
#noregret

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 14th, 2021, 5:17 pm

wtf wrote:What kind of business you have and what type of consultant are you? What industry?

Businesses are related to food and carnival and they not doing too well as you'd expect. But small thing, it will be over eventually.

Consultancy is related to engineering wuk, but trying to phase that out.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » April 14th, 2021, 6:00 pm

mragoobir wrote:Sh!!!!T,in my early 20's "23" i done had two kids, we still went an party,lime, fete,but not every weekend,now in my late 30's,an kidds in their late teens already chozen which career they want to go foward with in their life, as for me,housecars children close to RIDDIN OUTit dont get much better than this,so i just ask GOD for health and stength an thanks for his Guidance
This was not my Decision or my Plan, but the fact iz Life Happens an we are all here to Live it so go Brave
#noregret

Children in their late teens close to riding out? You probably not living in trinidad then

A172

Postby A172 » April 14th, 2021, 7:39 pm

tall tales thread

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 14th, 2021, 7:51 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:
mragoobir wrote:Sh!!!!T,in my early 20's "23" i done had two kids, we still went an party,lime, fete,but not every weekend,now in my late 30's,an kidds in their late teens already chozen which career they want to go foward with in their life, as for me,housecars children close to RIDDIN OUTit dont get much better than this,so i just ask GOD for health and stength an thanks for his Guidance
#noregret

Children in their late teens close to riding out? You probably not living in trinidad then
I was thinking the same thing..

lalloboy101
Sweet on this forum

Postby lalloboy101 » April 16th, 2021, 8:25 am

early 40's male here, I made a lot of choice in life that i regret . I was married at 21, met my then wife at 19. I have a daughter now who attends university. I never got the opportunity to enjoy my 20's or even 30's, it was always when i have my own home or have this or that I would be happy. My advice to you younger guys never wait, live in the moment
But now I exercise almost everyday, eat mostly clean and i had admit im now in my best shape i have ever been.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 16th, 2021, 8:27 am

lalloboy101 wrote:early 40's male here, I made a lot of choice in life that i regret . I was married at 21, met my then wife at 19. I have a daughter now who attends university. I never got the opportunity to enjoy my 20's or even 30's, it was always when i have my own home or have this or that I would be happy. My advice to you younger guys never wait, live in the moment
But now I exercise almost everyday, eat mostly clean and i had admit im now in my best shape i have ever been.
What are you saying. Dont get married too early? What is your definition of enjoyment in your 20s and 30s?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 16th, 2021, 8:31 am

wtf wrote:
lalloboy101 wrote:early 40's male here, I made a lot of choice in life that i regret . I was married at 21, met my then wife at 19. I have a daughter now who attends university. I never got the opportunity to enjoy my 20's or even 30's, it was always when i have my own home or have this or that I would be happy. My advice to you younger guys never wait, live in the moment
What are you saying. Dont get married too early? What is your definition of enjoyment in your 20s and 30s?
Do not get married period.

Build yourself and weath, women are not worth your time, money and freedom.

Idiots are those that have a man cave while the wife has the entire house .

Your entire house is your man cave and not a garden shed.

Men that have man caves are weak beta males

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”