RBC DEBIT Card Customers on Tuner

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

RBC DEBIT Card Customers on Tuner

Postby bluefete » February 27th, 2021, 7:12 pm

Those of you or those who have family members with RBC DEBIT Cards:

Be advised that RBC is switching over to new RBC chip Debit Cards.

If your last name starts with A or B: You have until March 31st to pick up your new card.

After that date, RBC will deactivate your old card even if you did not pick up your new one.

Those of you whose last names start with C or D: You can start picking up your new cards from March 1st and you have until May 31, 2021

Those of you whose last names start with E, F or G: You can start picking up your cards from May 1st and you have until June 30, 2021.

If your last name starts with anything after, check this site for updates:

http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/caribbean/t ... hedule.pdf

Real people will end up with non-working old RBC debit cards and not know why because the bank assumes everyone buys a newspaper everyday or visits their website regularly.

Whatever happened to reaching out to your individual customers by e-mail / phone call etc. I forgot - Is RBC.
Last edited by bluefete on March 1st, 2021, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Re: RBC DEBIT Card Customers on Tuner

Postby fokhan_96 » February 27th, 2021, 8:55 pm

Omg, omg , wwgd... release the cracken !!!

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » February 27th, 2021, 8:59 pm

what RBC is doing seems pretty reasonable. Just go in the bank and join the line and walk with one form of photoID. When folks discover their old cyard stop working, again just join the line.

I think they worst to handle the transition is FCB. They mailing out your cyard and you have to call in to active it. But Real people getting ketch because they can't remember their CIF number and doh even know what a CIF number is.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » February 27th, 2021, 9:32 pm

took me two hours on monday, horrible waste of time.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » February 27th, 2021, 9:46 pm

Republic Bank mailed the card to me and you just have to use the card in an ATM machine and put in a PIN number and that's it the card is activated and you can discard the old card, it doesn't work anymore.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » February 27th, 2021, 9:52 pm

paid_influencer wrote:I think they worst to handle the transition is FCB. They mailing out your cyard and you have to call in to active it. But Real people getting ketch because they can't remember their CIF number and doh even know what a CIF number is.

What is CIF? I don't know what it is and got my card activated a few weeks ago.

The asked name, DOB, Address, and credit card limit.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » February 27th, 2021, 10:01 pm

wagonrunner wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:I think they worst to handle the transition is FCB. They mailing out your cyard and you have to call in to active it. But Real people getting ketch because they can't remember their CIF number and doh even know what a CIF number is.

What is CIF? I don't know what it is and got my card activated a few weeks ago.

The asked name, DOB, Address, and credit card limit.

debit card, not credit card

basing it off this
https://www.firstcitizenstt.com/persona ... -Card.html

Step 3: Self activate your card using Telebanking via 62-FIRST or 223-4322:

Here’s what you need to do when your card has arrived:

1. With your new card in hand, call 62-First (623-4778) or 223-4FCB (4322)

2. Select Option 1 for the Self Service System – you will be prompted to enter your CIF number which is the same as your User ID for internet banking and your telebanking PIN. If you cannot remember your telebanking PIN, please follow the instructions to reset your telebanking PIN via online banking:

Click on the “My Home” Tab
Select the “Security Information” Tab
Authenticate by entering your existing password within the first field then scroll down to Telebanking PIN
Enter and Confirm your New 4-digit telebanking PIN in the relevant fields
Click submit and you are finished.

3. Using the Self Service System Option #1, Select Option #6 to activate your card

4. Enter your 16 digit card number, the last 4 digits of your account number and your date of birth in the format yyyy-mm-dd e.g. if you we born January 1 2000, enter your date of birth as 2000 01 01

5. Choose a four (4) digit PIN only know to you and that you will remember

6. Your card will now be activated and can be used immediately

compare this to republic, where you just go to an ATM and enter your PIN,

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » February 27th, 2021, 10:16 pm

My last name starts with E and they gave me mine 2 weeks ago at my branch..

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 28th, 2021, 2:28 pm

VII wrote:My last name starts with E and they gave me mine 2 weeks ago at my branch..

You hadda be one ah dem high class customers to GT like that!! :x :x

Did they call you or did you go to do another transaction and they told you about it?

Anyways, if E is being given out, it moots the point of the notice from May 2021.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » March 1st, 2021, 11:58 am

woow republic bank actually better than other banks for once. btw thats my bank so i kno dey suck

DMan7 wrote:Republic Bank mailed the card to me and you just have to use the card in an ATM machine and put in a PIN number and that's it the card is activated and you can discard the old card, it doesn't work anymore.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » March 1st, 2021, 2:05 pm

Teller just told me they had my card in the middle of other transaction...and just before that I was enquiring from the clerk talking to customers in the line and she asked me about my last name and said they ain't doing that letter yet and they would call me when it's ready in how many weeks etc...

Was pleasantly surprised when teller told me she had my new card for me out of the blue..signed the bottom of the document it was attached to and walked over to machine to activate it with teller after .

bluefete wrote:
VII wrote:My last name starts with E and they gave me mine 2 weeks ago at my branch..

You hadda be one ah dem high class customers to GT like that!! :x :x

Did they call you or did you go to do another transaction and they told you about it?

Anyways, if E is being given out, it moots the point of the notice from May 2021.

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » March 1st, 2021, 4:08 pm

bluefete wrote:Those of you or those who have family members with RBC DEBIT Cards:

If your name ends in A or B: You have until March 31st to pick up your new card.

After that date, RBC will deactivate your old card even if you did not pick up your new one.

Those of you whose last names end in C or D: You can start picking up your new cards from March 1st and you have until May 31, 2021

Those of you whose last names end in E, F or G: You can start picking up your cards from May 1st and you have until June 30, 2021.

If your last name ends in anything after, check this site for updates:

Real people will end up with non-working old RBC debit cards and not know why because the bank assumes everyone buys a newspaper everyday or visits their website regularly.

Whatever happened to reaching out to your individual customers by e-mail / phone call etc. I forgot - Is RBC.

I had to read this a couple times and I still don't think I get it. If my last name ends with an 'A' I getting a new card now, sure you don't mean if your last name starts with an 'A' you will be first to replace- surley the latter system makes more sense

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » March 1st, 2021, 4:12 pm

steups.

Eff that card renewal. I wanted to terminate my account but they told me months ago that as my home branch no longer exists I hadda go to the Promenade branch.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » March 1st, 2021, 4:15 pm

First time I appreciate grammar police on 2NR - :D :D

You are right. If your last name ends in A or B and so on. Thanks for that observation. Corrections made right through, including here.

SMc wrote:
bluefete wrote:Those of you or those who have family members with RBC DEBIT Cards:

If your last name starts with A or B: You have until March 31st to pick up your new card.

Those of you whose last names start with C or D: You can start picking up your new cards from March 1st and you have until May 31, 2021

Those of you whose last names start with E, F or G: You can start picking up your cards from May 1st and you have until June 30, 2021.

If your last name starts with anything after, check this site for updates:

I had to read this a couple times and I still don't think I get it. If my last name ends with an 'A' I getting a new card now, sure you don't mean if your last name starts with an 'A' you will be first to replace- surley the latter system makes more sense
Last edited by bluefete on March 1st, 2021, 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » March 1st, 2021, 4:18 pm

This is exactly how I used to get my cards over many years ago in foreign. Many years ago and only Republic Bank has gotten it right.

DMan7 wrote:Republic Bank mailed the card to me and you just have to use the card in an ATM machine and put in a PIN number and that's it the card is activated and you can discard the old card, it doesn't work anymore.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » March 1st, 2021, 4:22 pm

Les Bain wrote:steups.

Eff that card renewal. I wanted to terminate my account but they told me months ago that as my home branch no longer exists I hadda go to the Promenade branch.

Great customer service for you. You could terminate your account at any RBC branch. Somebody was pulling your chain.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » March 1st, 2021, 9:08 pm

bluefete wrote:

Great customer service for you. You could terminate your account at any RBC branch. Somebody was pulling your chain.

That is what they bamseehole CSR tell me over the phone. I ask them if that is how they rolling with a pandemic going on and they say yeah.

Thanks though. I will re-attempt.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » March 1st, 2021, 11:28 pm

Les Bain wrote:
bluefete wrote:

That is what they bamseehole CSR tell me over the phone. I ask them if that is how they rolling with a pandemic going on and they say yeah.

Thanks though. I will re-attempt.

I went to close an account at a branch that was not my home branch.

RBC ent business. They told me join the line and the teller will close the account. No questions asked as to why.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”