Forums

Driving with one headlamp

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ray mitch
Riding on 13's

Driving with one headlamp

Postby Ray mitch » February 24th, 2021, 10:56 pm

Good night peeps was in a roadblock last night one of my headlight was not working and on the ticket the police wrote vehicle without 2 head lamps what's the charge for 1 head light not working

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Re: Ticket system in Trinidad

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 25th, 2021, 12:38 am

Ray mitch wrote:Good night peeps was in a roadblock last night one of my headlight was not working and on the ticket the police wrote vehicle without 2 head lamps what's the charge for 1 head light not working

It is listed here
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=704899
Driving without 2 headlamps - fine of $1,000 and 2 demerit points

The charge is for not having 2 headlights.
You only had one working - in other words you did not have 2 headlamps.
Even if you had no headlamps the charge is still "driving without 2 headlamps" so the charge is the same $1,000 and 2 demerit points.

It is not a charge per headlamp

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Driving with one headlamp

Postby daring dragoon » February 25th, 2021, 6:23 am

they could setup road block with license officers all over the place and have a vehicle to run down someone who turn around as i saw in couva last week but they slow to setup road block call out the defense force etc when one of our women is kidnapped etc. they should close down all departments of police and make all them traffic police and call that TTPS. why no road block was setup all over arima when the young lady was taken. they could have work with the banks to see where and when the atm withdrawal is being made and get footage from the camera there. but all them want to do is make cook and use the vehicles to go by the bar.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » February 25th, 2021, 9:19 pm

Ray mitch wrote:Good night peeps was in a roadblock last night one of my headlight was not working and on the ticket the police wrote vehicle without 2 head lamps what's the charge for 1 head light not working
So you didnt read the fpn? No sympathy for drivers with one headlight working as the majority of you turn on your high beams and blind oncoming drivers.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 25th, 2021, 10:21 pm

You operating a vehicle that has one functional headlamp on a public road. You prefer the ticket read "one left headlamp working and one right headlamp not working" ?
The real question you should be asking yourself is why you thought it was ok to drive that vehicle with a defective headlamp on the road in the first place.
Because unless you so seriously unlucky that the light just happened to decide to stop working the moment you run into the road exercise (unlikely, but possible), is your fault and you got ticketed for it. If it wasn't working due to a problem in the wiring hard luck, but these things happen. Either way, same end result. Pay yuh ticket, learn from the experience and try to not repeat it and move on with your life.

Not to hijack the thread eh, but I don't understand people sometimes, but then again musbe I just weird. Why not just keep a few spare bulbs in the vehicle? Incandescent vehicle bulbs blow and stop working without warning, and they cheap and can be found practically everywhere, and don't take up much space or weight. I usually keep a little box with 2 of each bulb I know my car uses. Headlight, taillight, indicator, reverse light, and and a few others. I also keep a gas can, jump starter, compressor, plug kit, spare hose clamps, and a few other things in case of emergency in addition to the usual tools.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it fellas.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 26th, 2021, 12:07 am

couple years ago same thing happened to me coming home late from whole day at the hospital. told the officer all that, he say see if i could get it fixed while they watch the documents. ended up being a over heated jack. wiggled it, avoided the ticket.

whole road from sando hospital was lit, didnt even notice any light reduction. got away that night.

just a hard luck scenes there.

present laws too onerous as is. the majority of the fines need to be converted to notice to fix, and the fine enacted after that time has passed and it still not fixed.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 26th, 2021, 6:03 am

yeah i could understand a blown brake light
but to drive with a blown headlight one should be more observant

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 26th, 2021, 6:45 am

pugboy wrote:yeah i could understand a blown brake light

Dis

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » February 26th, 2021, 7:17 am

Police stop me for one headlight once.

But it was actually the low beam alone. Told him the law states nothing about high and low but just myst have 2 lights

He walked around the car found a brake light and I still get ticketed for that instead
88sins wrote:
pugboy wrote:yeah i could understand a blown brake light

Dis

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 26th, 2021, 7:52 am

PariaMan wrote:Police stop me for one headlight once.

But it was actually the low beam alone. Told him the law states nothing about high and low but just myst have 2 lights

He walked around the car found a brake light and I still get ticketed for that instead

i find that is real nonsense, to ticket someone for a single tail light bulb that an cease to function at random and is located behind them. If BOTH not working, well yeah, hadda do something about that. but if one blown, what's so terrible about issuing a warning that they HAVE to give people a $1000 ticket for a$3 bulb that the diver cannot easily see while the vehicle is in operation on the road?

quotas haffi fill bai, quotas haffi fill

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » February 26th, 2021, 10:40 am

Contesting your traffic ticket

Under the new traffic ticketing system, matters only reach the court’s list when a motorist files a notice to contest their traffic ticket. If you decide to contest a traffic ticket, you may seek the assistance of an Attorney-at-Law. You can file a notice to contest with the Court within fifteen (15) days from the date of issue via the portal on 

https://contest.ttlawcourts.org 

or by visiting a Magistrates’ Court.
Detailed instructions on how to contest a traffic ticket are printed on the reverse side of your traffic ticket.
You will need the traffic ticket number, your address, telephone contact and email address. You also may also provide your reasons for challenging the traffic ticket. Upon filing the notice to contest the traffic ticket, the matter will be initiated for a court hearing. You will be informed of the date, time and location you will be required to appear.
After filing a notice to contest, and the thirty-day period has not elapsed, if you no longer wish to contest the traffic ticket, you are still allowed to pay the fine. You can pay the fine within the prescribed thirty (30) days at any authorised TTPOST location.
If you are found guilty by the court, this can result in the maximum fine under the law. For example, the stipulated fine on a traffic ticket may be $1,000.00 whereas under law, the fine for the same traffic violation may be $6,000.00.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 26th, 2021, 2:36 pm

Contest your ticket bai.Policescops doh show up in court.If a serial rapist could get away, you might be in luck

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”