Old Unpaid Non Traffic Fines

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Smallie girl1
Ricer

Old Unpaid Non Traffic Fines

Postby Smallie girl1 » February 18th, 2021, 5:04 pm

Hello,
Does anyone has any experience with arrest warrants for unpaid non traffic fines. Its for a small spliff before it became decriminalized. Your advice is appreciated.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Old Unpaid Non Traffic Fines

Postby eliteauto » February 18th, 2021, 5:08 pm

Go to the court where the fine was imposed and talk to the clerk, try to have pertinent info like which court/magistrate/date etc that the matter was determined and see what their records say. IIRC post decriminalisation those records were supposed to be expunged but having not paid the fine there may be a warrant out

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » February 18th, 2021, 8:30 pm

I'm 100% sure there's a tac warrant for op.

Pm your name and dob if you want me to verify. And an address to come pick you up at :lol:

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 18th, 2021, 11:55 pm

rollingstock wrote:I'm 100% sure there's a tac warrant for op.

Pm your name and dob if you want me to verify. And an address to come pick you up at :lol:

Even though I sedated, can I still come? she sounds like Jenna

Our laws aren't retroactive from my experience. I had a run in, same warrant etc

If there is a law for it then, it applies. If it doesn't, then you free.

If there was a law then and you broke it, it applies. Doesn't matter if it changed now. You get a ticket for going 90km/h before highway limit raise to 100km/h, it still applies.

Padna and me discussing putting a dc motor on a bike with a controller, generator and battery pack. As far as the law concerned, is a bicycle. We have nothing in place for a bike retrofitted with an electric system, its not an engine. Or pm yu his address one time? :lol: :lol: :lol:

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » February 19th, 2021, 12:17 am

Send his address one time. Electric or gas it's mechanically propelled. Shaft.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » February 19th, 2021, 5:37 am

them is govt workers in the court etc and police so you safe. is people who does work you have to worry about.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 19th, 2021, 6:22 am

OP, your question comes across like you hear it have a warrant on you and you trying to circumvent d embarrassment.

As elite say, you could go to the court with the relevant information. You will still have to pay the fine. And here's why.
Say you were arrested, charged and fined in 2008. You would have been given a deadline by which time you should have paid the fine. By not paying it to this day, you disregarded the magistrates orders and were still in breach of the law and the final action required to complete the case remains undone by you, so your case is technically still pending completion.

Or, you if you know that it has a warrant for your arrest, and the station it's in, you can also go to the station with your attorney. You will be detained, and taken to court. If you go to court on the matter without an attorney you will probably either face a short term incarceration, or an additional fine, but more likely to be locked up. Make sure you have a damn good reason that you can prove for why you haven't paid it thus far (not in the country, sick and bedridden with no income, etc.) Of you don't, depending on the magistrate you might get shafted.

Good luck. Let us know how it works out.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”