Job Letter to Open Bank Account

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

mirohid424
Street 2NR

Job Letter to Open Bank Account

Postby mirohid424 » February 12th, 2021, 1:14 pm

Good day tuners,
I would like to open an account but the financial organisation is asking that I provide a job letter (understandable). I don't have a job at this moment as I am a full-time university student. However, I have worked in 2019 for a small business and I have a pretty good relationship with the boss. At the risk of sounding immoral, should I ask the boss if they can do up a job letter for me just so that I can open the bank account even though I'm not working there? Do people do this? If I decide to ask and they agree, what consequences am I to face?

Also, a friend suggested that I use the job letter I received from that boss in 2019 and just change the date using a software. But that sounds like trouble and very risky as I am unsure if the bank will actually notice/call the boss/ all sorts of other things. I believe they would be able to tell a copy from an original and I would have to get it stamped to show authenticity. So I just decided that I could ask the boss. But I don't want this to ruin the relationship that I have with the boss, to be honest.

Advice?

Thanks

DMan7
punchin NOS

Re: Job Letter to Open Bank Account

Postby DMan7 » February 12th, 2021, 1:25 pm

Why don't you open one of those student accounts. You just have to show your document that you're attending a university as a full time student. Obviously you won't have to provide a pay slip or job letter considering you're a full time student and don't have a job currently.

Take it look at this, Career Builder account at Republic Bank.

https://republictt.com/personal/career-builder

What you will need
Before visiting our branches, ensure you have the following documents:

Identification Requirements if you are:
Full Time Student and Part Time Student
Young Working Adult
Non-Resident or Foreign Based National
One (1) form of Identification which clearly states your nationality (e.g. National Identification Card or Passport).

Kindly note the following:
Where a Drivers License has been presented which does not explicitly state your nationality, you would be required to provide another form of Identification such as your National ID, Passport or any other document that validates your nationality, for instance your Birth Certificate
If you have dual nationality, you are to provide one (1) form of Identification stating the nationality relating to each country of which you are a national.
Full-Time Student and Part-Time Student Career Builder account
Be enrolled in a course/programme that runs for more than one (1) year.
Letter of acceptance from the school.
Deposit a minimum of TT$100.00.
Present a recent utility bill/ Authorization Letter if Bill is not in your name

mirohid424
Street 2NR

Postby mirohid424 » February 12th, 2021, 1:28 pm

DMan7 wrote:Why don't you open one of those student accounts. You just have to show your document that you're attending a university as a full time student.

Yeah, I know the student accounts you're talking about already but I want to open one with UTC for the fund you were telling me about. I contacted them about it and they said I needed to provide a job letter/payslip and other documents which I have. I just don't have a job letter/payslip.

mirohid424
Street 2NR

Postby mirohid424 » February 12th, 2021, 1:29 pm

DMan7 wrote:Why don't you open one of those student accounts. You just have to show your document that you're attending a university as a full time student. Obviously you won't have to provide a pay slip or job letter considering you're a full time student and don't have a job currently.

Take it look at this, Career Builder account at Republic Bank.

https://republictt.com/personal/career-builder

What you will need
Before visiting our branches, ensure you have the following documents:

Identification Requirements if you are:
Full Time Student and Part Time Student
Young Working Adult
Non-Resident or Foreign Based National
One (1) form of Identification which clearly states your nationality (e.g. National Identification Card or Passport).

Kindly note the following:
Where a Drivers License has been presented which does not explicitly state your nationality, you would be required to provide another form of Identification such as your National ID, Passport or any other document that validates your nationality, for instance your Birth Certificate
If you have dual nationality, you are to provide one (1) form of Identification stating the nationality relating to each country of which you are a national.
Full-Time Student and Part-Time Student Career Builder account
Be enrolled in a course/programme that runs for more than one (1) year.
Letter of acceptance from the school.
Deposit a minimum of TT$100.00.
Present a recent utility bill/ Authorization Letter if Bill is not in your name

Yeah I have this account with republic.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » February 12th, 2021, 1:31 pm

Oh, I guess UTC investment accounts require this sort of thing. Maybe you can look at Mutual funds at other banks which might have something for students not requiring job letter / payslip.

mirohid424
Street 2NR

Postby mirohid424 » February 12th, 2021, 1:33 pm

DMan7 wrote:Oh, I guess UTC investment accounts require this sort of thing. Maybe you can look at Mutual funds at other banks which might have something for students not requiring job letter / payslip.

@DMan7 Thanks. I pm you hope you don't mind. I wanted to ask you a question privately.
Last edited by mirohid424 on February 12th, 2021, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 12th, 2021, 1:35 pm

Op

Open a joint account with one of your working parents.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » February 12th, 2021, 8:22 pm

student account, right start i think its called.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 13th, 2021, 6:56 am

zoom rader wrote:Op

Open a joint account with one of your working parents.

Simplest solution.
Or
Have your parents open the account and use that for now, and later on when you start working and can get a jl open your own and transfer all thats in your parents account to yours.

EDIT
Or if you're under 18, they may be able to open the account for you.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » February 13th, 2021, 7:22 am

You can get a letter from your parents saying they give you X amount of money per wk/mth. They would provide their payslip and job letter.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”