Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 12th, 2021, 4:39 pm

Gerald Aboud and Gregory Lindsey arrested at protest

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLM2YHpAo-q/

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Protests and shutdown planned this weekend

Postby daring dragoon » February 12th, 2021, 4:46 pm

Fireflyrain7 wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:Screenshot_2021-02-11-22-42-54-690_com.facebook.katana.jpeg
if the owners of this business refuse to sell to PH drivers as a form of protest i will say yea. closing their door and heading maracas or down the islands for a 'carnival' long weekend looks like and excuse to me cause monday and tuesday we have to work and lent is on wednesday.
I live in a village and theres only ph taxis that work in our area to travel in and out and im guessing in many areas there a ph taxis that are the only transport system to get in and out. I agree that there should be proper regulation, identification and so forth for ph taxis, but you cant fault the entire ph taxi system becuase of 1 incident. There are many good people driving ph taxis to make a honest living

why cant the drivers put the cars H and get a taxi badge so that insurance can cover the passengers that travel in the car in the event of a passenger being injured in a traffic accident.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 12th, 2021, 4:55 pm

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 12th, 2021, 5:46 pm

timelapse wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:Keyboard warriors sitting at home and finding all the faults in why something shouldn't be done.

Seems legit!

Let the police kill another afro in the states and you will find them protesting in their masses.When is time for our own people,they don't care.

Oh, they care.
Problem is that they just too lazy, cowardly and self absorbed to do anything serious enough to make a real impact.

Observe
Not a soul calling for a protest where all citizens converge in a peaceful sit in at Min. Nat. Sec. or the PM's office or residence. Easier and less risky to make a pappyshow out of the poor girls funeral.

"Lessens not learned in blood are soon forgotten"

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 12th, 2021, 5:48 pm

daring dragoon wrote:
Fireflyrain7 wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:Screenshot_2021-02-11-22-42-54-690_com.facebook.katana.jpeg
if the owners of this business refuse to sell to PH drivers as a form of protest i will say yea. closing their door and heading maracas or down the islands for a 'carnival' long weekend looks like and excuse to me cause monday and tuesday we have to work and lent is on wednesday.
I live in a village and theres only ph taxis that work in our area to travel in and out and im guessing in many areas there a ph taxis that are the only transport system to get in and out. I agree that there should be proper regulation, identification and so forth for ph taxis, but you cant fault the entire ph taxi system becuase of 1 incident. There are many good people driving ph taxis to make a honest living

why cant the drivers put the cars H and get a taxi badge so that insurance can cover the passengers that travel in the car in the event of a passenger being injured in a traffic accident.

and that is the million dollar question. a reporter ought to go to ah PH taxi stand like Cleaver Road Arima taxi stand and ask them that!

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 12th, 2021, 6:22 pm

redmanjp wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:
Fireflyrain7 wrote:

and that is the million dollar question. a reporter ought to go to ah PH taxi stand like Cleaver Road Arima taxi stand and ask them that!

Check curepe junction also

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » February 12th, 2021, 6:35 pm

redmanjp wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:
Fireflyrain7 wrote:

TAXI DRIVER'S BADGE AND LICENCE

Facilitating Entrepreneurship

APPLICATION FOR
TAXI-DRIVER’S BADGE AND TAXI DRIVER’S LICENCE

FIRST ISSUE
In order to obtain a Taxi Driver’s Badge and Licence, the applicant must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age
The applicant must be the holder of a Class 3 Driver’s Permit and produce the following:Taxi-Driver-s-Badge-1st.png
* A valid Forms of Identification (National Identification Card and or Passport
* A valid Driver’s Permit . The Applicant must be driving for at least one year.
* A completed application Form No. 4
* Applicants must provide a proof of address
* A Certificate of Character
* Three (3) recent passport size photograph
* Completed Form No. 12 “Medical Test for Driver’s Permit” for which an applicant must produce a recent passport size photograph prior to application.

Fees
* Application fee - $70.00
* Knowledge (Regulations) and Driving Test - $175.00
* (An appointment for a driving test is scheduled at no cost upon passing the knowledge test or Regulations )
* Certificate of Competence - $35.00
* Taxi Badge and Licence - $40.00
* Insurance for passengers

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 12th, 2021, 6:45 pm

if they cyah get ah COC no woman or girl should be travelling with them.

how does the cost of the insurance for H compare with P?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 12th, 2021, 6:56 pm

funny how they could enforce and put deadline on ting like vehicle inspection and have entire population panicking and start ticketing ppl

yet they have to tiptoe and do nothing about ph drivers being made to be a properly registered taxi driver.
seems govt is afraid to pull up them fellas

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 12th, 2021, 8:48 pm

pugboy wrote:funny how they could enforce and put deadline on ting like vehicle inspection and have entire population panicking and start ticketing ppl

yet they have to tiptoe and do nothing about ph drivers being made to be a properly registered taxi driver.
seems govt is afraid to pull up them fellas

You ever try to pull up off duty popos for anything?
As I learned the hard way, dem fellas untouchable and will lash out especially when confronted with logic and laws.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » February 13th, 2021, 1:48 pm

WATCH: Tobago men marched in solidarity with women this morning. They say they are taking a stance against violence and abuse of women.

Video by GML's Loyse Vincent

TV6: Elizabeth Williams

Last edited by The_Honourable on February 13th, 2021, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » February 13th, 2021, 1:50 pm

Central business owners happy with closure

Heads of business organisations in Central said they are happy with the number of businesses which remained closed yesterday in support of calls to end violence against women.

President of the Greater Chaguanas Chamber of Industry and Commerce Vishnu Charran, said Charran’s Plaza, along with Adams Plaza and several other mid-sized businesses along the Chaguanas Main Road and Xtra Foods, which has two branches in the Central borough closed for the day.

He said the purpose was to send a signal to Government that enough was enough when it came to violence against women.

Charran said many businessmen have suffered at the hands of criminals in one way or the other.

He said women are an essential part of the backbone of the economy and the workforce for many small and medium sized operations.

Chaguanas businessman Rajiv Dipnarinesingh, who operates Busy Corner Mall, said the “ball is in now in the court of the politicians.”

Dipnarinesingh said, “It is a good initiative but at the end of the day both the Government and Opposition have to work on the necessary laws to keep criminals at bay.

At the end of the day all the silent protest is commendable, if the parliamentarian does not support the necessary legislation all the efforts of the thousands calling for change would be for nothing,” he said.

President of the Couva Chamber Ramchand Rajbal Maraj said he was pleased that businesses decided to support the cause.

Maraj said, “Some of the businesses that opened allowed the women working for them to stay away for the day as a sign of protest. Business in Couva has been hit hard by COVID-19, many have folded and some work with reduced hours. Its a struggle for many to stay afloat , yet they have risen to the cause. Enough is enough when it comes to violence against women. Many women are the bread-winners in many households seeing that their husbands have lost their jobs. Many are single parents, women must feel safe to come out and work, not having to live with a constant shadow over them that brings fear.”

Source: https://www.cnc3.co.tt/central-business ... h-closure/

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 13th, 2021, 2:18 pm

So someone say something to make dem lock d other thread?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » February 13th, 2021, 2:47 pm

Read the last couple of posts.

The thread lost its purpose a long time.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » February 13th, 2021, 3:28 pm

Yes well I told them many pages back to shift all the race/pnm/unc talk to the existing 'rachel' thread but ollor continue to tootz up in the girl thread.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » February 13th, 2021, 3:40 pm

redmanjp wrote:So someone say something to make dem lock d other thread?

Fitzgerald Hinds joined the conversation...

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Protests and shutdown planned this weekend

Postby MaxPower » February 13th, 2021, 4:06 pm

Hello redmanjp,

Yes,

Senior citizen and team member FordeG went on a racist rampage.

I would like to assume he was banned for his “dat lil indian girl” comments.

Probably was on his bucket list before retirement.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » February 13th, 2021, 5:39 pm

Dave wrote:Read the last couple of posts.

Suggest cleanup and re-open as this case will continue to the courts.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 13th, 2021, 8:10 pm

The_Honourable wrote:
Dave wrote:Read the last couple of posts.

Suggest cleanup and re-open as this case will continue to the courts.

x2

to be fair it's true there wasn't this level of outage and candlelight vigils when ashanti died (there were some). but this one happened as many were still getting over the last one being ashanti so it could simply be a case of this being the last straw and many ppl feeling 'enough is enough', that's why this one got so much attention- is not about indian or african, is just we fed up of women being killed.

and in many vigils it wasn't just about andrea but about women in general
Last edited by redmanjp on February 13th, 2021, 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 13th, 2021, 8:15 pm

MaxPower wrote:

Hello redmanjp,

Yes,

I seriously hope so.
Last edited by bluefete on February 13th, 2021, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » February 13th, 2021, 8:18 pm

bluefete wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Hello redmanjp,

Yes,

I seriously hope so.

Lots of senior citizens on this site boi...

FordeG
3NE 2NR for life

Postby FordeG » February 13th, 2021, 8:20 pm

bluefete wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Hello redmanjp,

Yes,

I seriously hope so.

I don't see any reason my post was bad. I think people don't like facing the reality that people see blacks as expendable. They saying Andrea is an angel and RIP to her, she didn't deserve this fate. But aren't all the black women who have been killed angels too? God is using this to show how the nation sees us blacks.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 13th, 2021, 8:30 pm

how would u prefer be seen?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Protests and shutdown planned this weekend

Postby MaxPower » February 13th, 2021, 8:33 pm

FordeG wrote:
bluefete wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Hello redmanjp,

Yes,

I seriously hope so.

I don't see any reason my post was bad. I think people don't like facing the reality that people see blacks as expendable. They saying Andrea is an angel and RIP to her, she didn't deserve this fate. But aren't all the black women who have been killed angels too? God is using this to show how the nation sees us blacks.

FordeG,

Ashanti’s death bubbled the pot, and with Andrea it boiled over.

The protests were for ALL angels and not just one individual. If you cared to attend a protest you wouldve understood the cause.

By you referring to Andrea as “dat lil indian girl” says that all you can see is skin color.

Change your thinking old boy.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » February 13th, 2021, 8:43 pm

yea there was a ramp up in response from the first, to the second, and now to the third abduction and murder of a young woman (Andrea was the third). It wasn't like this island-wide response happened without the context of those before.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/a-dange ... 476767ac49

FordeG, read the above. This is fresh in the mind of everyone that went to the rememberances. Please do not see race in everything.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 13th, 2021, 8:49 pm

I agree totally with MaxP and paid_influencer.

FordeG: You seem to be walking with a huge chip on your shoulder. A huge chip on your shoulder.

If you cannot see beyond you own hair texture, you have a serious problem. Usually, people who only see race can spout nothing else but race. I feel sorry for you.

Ashanti's death was a spark but Andrea's death was the catalyst. That is what it took for this nation to wake up.

It is time you start seeing people as human beings and not as a colour. Stop speaking the language of your slave masters.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 14th, 2021, 10:17 pm

Team,

Ran late today.

Anyone went down POS?

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » February 15th, 2021, 7:38 am

heard there may be a planned massive shut down for Wednesday too, cant confirm but yes ill support again.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 15th, 2021, 9:14 am

Ben_spanna wrote:heard there may be a planned massive shut down for Wednesday too, cant confirm but yes ill support again.

Ben,

Thanks for the support man.

We need the entire nation to come together.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » February 15th, 2021, 2:55 pm

FordeG wrote:
bluefete wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Hello redmanjp,

Yes,

I seriously hope so.

Surprised they didn't ban you.

Also, agree with max. We need to band together. And while at it, send back the vene invasion

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”