Legal Advice Needed- I was evicted

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pleb101
Riding on 13's

Legal Advice Needed- I was evicted

Postby pleb101 » February 8th, 2021, 11:00 am

Tuners,

I know a lot of knowledgeable persons are here or access to who can give me advice.

Problem - LAND

A property with house was verbally gifted to my wife and I by my in laws. There is an old house on it which we renovated. I initially raised the issue of ownership and it was agreed if we paid 10%, the title would be signed over to us. We did payments 6 months prior to moving in and continued after. While there was no receipts, the money was drawn from our bank accounts via chq and paid directly to the title owner.

We lived there for about 9 Months at the property in Chaguanas. The marriage started to become challenging because of the interference of my in laws. My wife told her family i was cheating as she wanted me out and an argument insued which was caught on DVR and camera. For the record i was not. Evidence now coming forward. She rekindled with a former lover.

My wife left the premises claiming i was unfaithful and resorted to livin by her mother who lived on the same street.

Last Friday, at 5am i was awoken by a pounding on the window and the alarm tripped. I got up in a real mess and scared. I looked at the cameras and realise that the front door was already open and lot of people were in the driveway.

I went to the front door since it was already open. I was approached by a bailiff who advised the owner wanted me out. I expressed i had no dealings with the owner for about a month and she never expressed any issues. I questioned the validity of the eviction and told them they didnt have permission to enter. I was secretly recording on my phone. At this point i heard guns cracking. When i looked up i saw 5 heavily armed officers holding guns.

I was told i couldn't pack anything and to step aside. I asked the bailiff how they know what to pack. They provided a list which was gave a detial breakdown of the things to remove.

In minutes 30 mins i was removed from the premises and alot of items damaged.

Anyone willing to give advice or assistance.Please DM me..

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: Legal Advice Needed- I was evicted

Postby zoom rader » February 8th, 2021, 11:49 am

Bro

Just walk away and don't look back.

Get a divorce and then claim what's your.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » February 8th, 2021, 11:51 am

Get a lawyer

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 8th, 2021, 12:02 pm

hustla_ambition101 wrote:Get a lawyer

X2

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 8th, 2021, 12:04 pm

Op you have no claim.

Lawyers will just milk you.

Just walk away

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 8th, 2021, 12:05 pm

only proper legal advice can help u .... then u decide what route u want to take

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 8th, 2021, 12:08 pm

Oral agreements hard to prove in court. Especially of this kind.

You got set up good and proper.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » February 8th, 2021, 12:09 pm

In a situation where it's a Woman vs Man, 99% of the time the woman will win. So best to walk away. It's tough luck, it isn't a man's world when it comes to things like these. Next time you'll hopefully learn and never get married.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » February 8th, 2021, 12:11 pm

sorry to hear that. But reality is you need to cut your losses and walk
In a few years when it dies down, we'll sort out how to let a fella in a tucson find her

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 8th, 2021, 12:13 pm

DMan7 wrote:In a situation where it's a Woman vs Man, 99% of the time the woman will win. So best to walk away. It's tough luck, it isn't a man's world when it comes to things like these. Next time you'll hopefully learn and never get married.

You sure this is not Zoom Rader's 2nd account? :D :D :D

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » February 8th, 2021, 12:16 pm

bluefete wrote:
DMan7 wrote:In a situation where it's a Woman vs Man, 99% of the time the woman will win. So best to walk away. It's tough luck, it isn't a man's world when it comes to things like these. Next time you'll hopefully learn and never get married.

You sure this is not Zoom Rader's 2nd account? :D :D :D

As I said last time.

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » February 8th, 2021, 12:28 pm

Sorry about your situation OP. I know this might be tough pill to swallow but follow the advice of the posts before. Cut your losses and walk. It might seem tough for you to do now but trust me you won't regret it later on in life.

If you do seek legal redress (or rather try to), what do you hope to achieve? There's an extremely high possibility that you'll get fcuked over a second time, not to mention more years of your life wasted.

My advice:

#1.
Cut your losses and walk. Anything you happen to 'win' from this will be held against / over you by them for the rest of your life. That's not something you want stuck on your reputation for a lifetime.

#2.
Always put pen to paper. Whether it's family, friend, lover, stranger etc, always make sure you have written proof of any agreements, loans, assets and basically any and everything in your life. Never know when (not if eh) sh!t will hit the fan. (or as the common saying goes, business have no fren in it).

#3.
Stay away from anything like marriage, common-law or similar. I not saying stay away from woman. But have your head on OP. Not tryna belittle women or anything eh but realistically; Ask yourself this, what can a woman offer / do for you outside of 10 mins of fun?

#4.
Build / focus on you. Starting over is always hard but it always pays off in the end. Everything you do / accomplish from a fresh start is solely from your hard work / account which no one can discredit. And once that happens, you'll be surprised how easy fish start to want to jump in your bucket. (doh be surprised if the ex-wife wanna be one ah dem fish too eh).
Last edited by killercow on February 8th, 2021, 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » February 8th, 2021, 12:32 pm

as stated b4, cut yuh loss an run... run far far away from the situation.

next time never go verbal again

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » February 8th, 2021, 12:41 pm

Leave it to Karma bro..and do not get married again or fully expose yourself to any future mate where they can leverage you like that..

Relationships are a power struggle,never put yourself in a position where your power can be challenged..

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 8th, 2021, 2:07 pm

go and bull she sister or best friend or cousin or some girl she hate

thats the only recourse you have.

mamoo_pagal
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mamoo_pagal » February 8th, 2021, 2:31 pm

Better to live on the street than get caught up in that mele. Cut losses, have a swift divorce and never look back. Reflect on the marriage "image" and never make that mistake again. Live free......

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » February 8th, 2021, 2:59 pm

If you must, seek to get the money you wasted on that property. Get far from that situation with your ex relatives. That drama real stink. No lie.

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » February 8th, 2021, 3:10 pm

Speaking from 1st hand experience. If you are a vindictive SoB and have $300k laying around doing nothing go ahead and lawyer up.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » February 8th, 2021, 3:12 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:go and bull she sister or best friend or cousin or some girl she hate

nah he ex family sound like the kind that like tuh chap

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » February 8th, 2021, 3:18 pm

Cut your losses and walk !!!

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 8th, 2021, 3:54 pm

pleb101 wrote:Tuners,

I know a lot of knowledgeable persons are here or access to who can give me advice.

Problem - LAND

A property with house was verbally gifted to my wife and I by my in laws
.this does not exist and you can't prove such a gift ever existed in court

pleb101 wrote: There is an old house on it which we renovated. I initially raised the issue of ownership and it was agreed if we paid 10%, the title would be signed over to us. We did payments 6 months prior to moving in and continued after. While there was no receipts, the money was drawn from our bank accounts via chq and paid directly to the title owner.

While no evidence of a gift exists, the chq payments lend credibility to the idea that there was an arrangement. if you have the receipts for building materials and they show that you paid for them & delivered them to the property you might be able to recover from this expenditure this and the payments you made

pleb101 wrote:We lived there for about 9 Months at the property in Chaguanas. The marriage started to become challenging because of the interference of my in laws. My wife told her family i was cheating as she wanted me out and an argument insued which was caught on DVR and camera. For the record i was not. Evidence now coming forward. She rekindled with a former lover.

grounds for divorce, but that's about it. during which marital assets will be divided, alimony/child support arranged etc.

pleb101 wrote:My wife left the premises claiming i was unfaithful and resorted to livin by her mother who lived on the same street.

she could use this to say she had to run from you in fear for her life. be careful

pleb101 wrote:Last Friday, at 5am i was awoken by a pounding on the window and the alarm tripped. I got up in a real mess and scared. I looked at the cameras and realise that the front door was already open and lot of people were in the driveway.

I went to the front door since it was already open. I was approached by a bailiff who advised the owner wanted me out. I expressed i had no dealings with the owner for about a month and she never expressed any issues. I questioned the validity of the eviction and told them they didnt have permission to enter. I was secretly recording on my phone. At this point i heard guns cracking. When i looked up i saw 5 heavily armed officers holding guns.

I was told i couldn't pack anything and to step aside. I asked the bailiff how they know what to pack. They provided a list which was gave a detial breakdown of the things to remove.

In minutes 30 mins i was removed from the premises and alot of items damaged.

you can take them and the bailiff to court.
them for not following proper protocol (failing to serve you notice to vacate, not allowing you time to do so voluntarily), and the bailiff for destruction of property. be aware, it may not be worth it. might cost you more to fight it than the items that were damaged actually worth.

pleb101 wrote:Anyone willing to give advice or assistance.Please DM me..

my advice?
cut your losses and leave it as is & move on. but before you do, empty all your accounts that you share in joint and in your name only, even the ones you think she eh know about, immediately, convert to cash or cash equivalents, & hide it. she coming for that next.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » February 8th, 2021, 4:24 pm

OP this is good advice, take it.
zoom rader wrote:Op you have no claim.

Lawyers will just milk you.

Just walk away

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » February 8th, 2021, 4:26 pm

OP this is not good advice; if she devious enough to do you what she did so sneakily, that woman have more mental instability than you want to see.
Phone Surgeon wrote:go and bull she sister or best friend or cousin or some girl she hate

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 8th, 2021, 5:28 pm

viedcht wrote:OP this is not good advice; if she devious enough to do you what she did so sneakily, that woman have more mental instability than you want to see.

Ent.
OP, on a reals, you got set up. Sad, but sometimes these things happen. Like I said before, empty the accounts, ASAP.
Btw, I hope she has a job or some documented source of income, because if not and you is one of them fellas that like to play you minding a housewife, she might try to stick you with alimony in court when divorce proceedings are initiated. So you go end up minding she and she man, in the house you spend your money to renovate and pay she family for.

Sometimes life's a b!tch, and all you can do is say "screw dat" and walk away and leave dem crap behind you.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » February 8th, 2021, 5:49 pm

That is a tough situation, and without paperwork, you have no claim to the land. Deed or nothing. And most likely she was bulling behind your back .

When women get cuff down, don't automatically assume they are a victim

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » February 8th, 2021, 7:57 pm

Holy crap OP, when it come to land and inlaws, there’s no free lunch. Sounds like they made a smart play and you get the shaft.

Litigation will be long and expensive, talk to a legal clinic for an idea of just how long and how much you’ll be in for.

Just learn and walk yes

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 8th, 2021, 8:11 pm

I have Said time and time again do not get married or allow women to live with you.

The laws and the courts favor women.

After 5 years woman owns your arse and can take half of what you worked hard for.

Women offer nothing and marriage is a con job .

They bring nothing to the table

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 8th, 2021, 8:11 pm

if u have receipts it might help, but no way to say that was spent there... prenuptials became a thing for a reason pal.
inlaws like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs4sOAqriaY

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 8th, 2021, 8:23 pm

sMASH wrote:if u have receipts it might help, but no way to say that was spent there... prenuptials became a thing for a reason pal.
inlaws like

He has no claim

Lawyers will make him believe that he has a case but will milk him year after year. That case will drag and drag and Lawyer fees go up every year

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 8th, 2021, 9:05 pm

zoom rader wrote:
sMASH wrote:if u have receipts it might help, but no way to say that was spent there... prenuptials became a thing for a reason pal.
inlaws like

He has no claim

Lawyers will make him believe that he has a case but will milk him year after year. That case will drag and drag and Lawyer fees go up every year

Prenups are not considered as legally binding contracts here. So that's out.

I wouldn't say he doesn't have a valid case boi zoom, he could seek redress in court on a couple aspects of what he described. Problem is tho, in d long run it may cost him more money, time, and headache than it actually worth. Kinda like going to court and paying $1000 in legal fees to get back the $2 that was wrongly taken from you.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”