Forums

PH private taxis in T&T - Discussing solutions

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: PH - Discussing solutions

Postby hustla_ambition101 » February 4th, 2021, 6:29 pm

First thing they need to do is operationalize the changing of number plates to the RFID, it is way too easy to go in a shop and say "gimme ah set of plates dey".
Same way maxis have to be a certain band colour, taxis should be one colour.
Your information as a taxi driver should be clearly displayed for passengers to see at all times.
Mandatory GPS for all taxis.
In areas serviced by ph, rather than have big ptsc buses run empty, procure smaller buses to service these routes.
If ph is your side hustle, hard luck, find another.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » February 4th, 2021, 6:45 pm

Country_Bookie wrote:Some good ideas here. I like the QR code suggestions. Only question is how to make it work for ppl who don't have data plans. We have to cater for the demographic who cannot afford to have data on their phones all the time.... those are likely to be the ones taking taxis as well.

For those who say just ban ph, they probably are not part of the daily travelling public. Hence have no idea of what it's like waiting in hot sun with 60 other ppl and it barely have any taxi working. Try explaining that when u reach to work late. Plus rural areas where there are no regular h taxis.

One party had promised nationwide free wifi iirc...can prioritize lower income locations to help with online learning as well...

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 4th, 2021, 6:46 pm

So someone can't fake a plates jess to put down a wuk?
In the night how u making out if thr plates fske or not... As a traveling public, not a ttps with special devices?
So u have official plates and switch them on another vehicle to put down a wuk.
Thst is significant inconvenience to the public with little actual benefit.

Better thing is the qr code idea. Any ody playing for higher register with a national database, trsveling public can snap it and send it to people, send it to thr national database to say 'I am in this vehicle'.
When they check the qr code the could veryfy of thr car and driver are actually thst in the database.

Up to u to go with a databased driver or not.

Rfid is jess to ticket ur backside.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: PH private taxis in T&T - Discussing solutions

Postby 16 cycles » February 5th, 2021, 3:49 am

Car on false H plates was an actual MO or put out there to as PR for PH?

MarlonSam
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MarlonSam » February 5th, 2021, 1:34 pm

Barcode scanner to enter vehicle proposed by PEA.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » February 5th, 2021, 5:14 pm

Country_Bookie wrote:Some good ideas here. I like the QR code suggestions. Only question is how to make it work for ppl who don't have data plans. We have to cater for the demographic who cannot afford to have data on their phones all the time.... those are likely to be the ones taking taxis as well.

I thought I wrote this in my post but seems like I didn't.
If they develop a specific app or buy/redesign an existing one, let digicel and bmobile allow free data for the basic features like the ability to get a car and the notifications and messages. You could download the maps home from wifi.

Let Ministry of National Security pay the bill.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » February 5th, 2021, 5:18 pm

As others have said. How about working on proper public transportation system that doesn't have persons needing to rely on private taxis in the first place. Cart before horse business.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » February 5th, 2021, 5:19 pm

meccalli wrote:As others have said. How about working on proper public transportation system that doesn't have persons needing to rely on private taxis in the first place. Cart before horse business.

Because that might require fixing the roads first.
No way a bus driving up Hard Bargain side.
It will actually flip over.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 5th, 2021, 6:11 pm

Quite frankly, it have plenty off route roads that people need to get to.

It's only the small car hustling, that would be able to flex to satisfy that demand

It will be a logistical amd maintenance nightmare.

Simpler thing is the database qr code idea, to track those willing to take on those jobs.

Public transport good fir the longer, more populated routes.

Cameras at the various transport hubs, and various popular routes would help...

If they have a missing persons report, they could simply see what qr code u try was uploaded from that person. Get the time date and pin point on the various cctv

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » February 5th, 2021, 6:20 pm

Ollor asking for them thing but you forgetting the main thing.

You could put up the most state of the art equipment from US/China/Israel.
The thing that going to make all this a waste of time and money is.........putting trinis to manage and operate it.

The cameras on CRH work at all?
Not the ones put up by private companies. The ones from CHOGM or whenever.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 5th, 2021, 6:49 pm

considering, the 800 cameras that not working as admitted in parliament.... well... lol.
qr code and database is the cheapest to do. so, at least.

MarlonSam
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MarlonSam » February 6th, 2021, 1:24 am

i'll go with Phillip Alexander's proposal. He is known for solving Road and Traffic issues.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » February 6th, 2021, 7:42 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » February 6th, 2021, 8:15 am

I'm scratching my head wondering why we're even entertaining the idea of finding a way to regularise an illicit activity.

A taxi badge & licence is by no means difficult to obtain. The key piece of documentation required is what stands in the way of many to become legal, that being a CERTIFICATE OF GOOD CHARACTER.

This said taxi badge and licence I believe is supposed to always be on display in a taxi with the driver's particulars contained therein.

So are you gonna regularise PH without said PH driver possessing a certificate of good character? If God forbids he ends up in an accident, who's covering the cost of injuries and repair? Surely no insurance company will honour a claim in which someone was using a vehicle for a purpose contrary to its registration / illegal activity.

H vehicles are subject to annual inspections to ensure the road worthiness of the vehicle and by extension the safety of the occupants.
And if this 'PH' is regularised, what's stopping every Tom, Dick and Harry from walking into a showroom and drive out with a brand new 'PH'? Plenty complications can arise for car companies out of that.

Someone mentioned above the lack of H drivers present at night. Ask yourself, why is that?
I believe also that there's a stipulated dress code for H drivers not so? Rural area or not, while I understand the transport woes and plight of many, I just don't see how finding a way to regularise PH make sense from a legal and safety standpoint when there's already a simple and effective method to this (jus get your cfc / taxi badge & licence and convert to H and done).

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 6th, 2021, 8:17 am

exactly how gg plan to compile this list of ph drivers ?
is he asking them to come forward ?

its like asking persons to submit to a certificate of character, you cant expect persons who know their ill standing to come forward and get one to show they have convictions

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 6th, 2021, 8:18 am

he is the bible of problem solving in this country

MarlonSam wrote:i'll go with Phillip Alexander's proposal. He is known for solving Road and Traffic issues.

Lou Screuz
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Lou Screuz » February 6th, 2021, 8:31 am

killercow wrote:I'm scratching my head wondering why we're even entertaining the idea of finding a way to regularise an illicit activity.

A taxi badge & licence is by no means difficult to obtain. The key piece of documentation required is what stands in the way of many to become legal, that being a CERTIFICATE OF GOOD CHARACTER.

This said taxi badge and licence I believe is supposed to always be on display in a taxi with the driver's particulars contained therein.

So are you gonna regularise PH without said PH driver possessing a certificate of good character? If God forbids he ends up in an accident, who's covering the cost of injuries and repair? Surely no insurance company will honour a claim in which someone was using a vehicle for a purpose contrary to its registration / illegal activity.

H vehicles are subject to annual inspections to ensure the road worthiness of the vehicle and by extension the safety of the occupants.
And if this 'PH' is regularised, what's stopping every Tom, Dick and Harry from walking into a showroom and drive out with a brand new 'PH'? Plenty complications can arise for car companies out of that.

Someone mentioned above the lack of H drivers present at night. Ask yourself, why is that?
I believe also that there's a stipulated dress code for H drivers not so? Rural area or not, while I understand the transport woes and plight of many, I just don't see how finding a way to regularise PH make sense from a legal and safety standpoint when there's already a simple and effective method to this (jus get your cfc / taxi badge & licence and convert to H and done).

i does scratch my head about how a councillor does get to carry out commercial activity in residential areas

i does scratch my head about how he son does openly hug up with know gangsters - picture on facebook and all

i does scratch my head about how basic rules about setback and road reserve and land use are treated like suggestions

i does scratch my head about how a man who have a trail of bodies behind him - and who mother was girlfriend to the head of a kidnapping ring in trinidad -could stand up on a soap box and blame other people for crime

let us sit down and scratch together

together we scratch , together we achieve .

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”