Forums

How to dispose of metal paint pans

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

How to dispose of metal paint pans

Postby fokhan_96 » January 31st, 2021, 7:07 pm

Did some painting and have about 15 metal paint pans to dispose of. The garbage trunk would not pick it up. Anyone knows how to get rid of these?

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Re: How to dispose of metal paint pans

Postby carluva » January 31st, 2021, 7:21 pm

The bulk garbage truck would usually collect that. That's the dump truck that passes about once a week (at least in CBC).

They usually pass early. If you give them some change, they should take it.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 31st, 2021, 7:35 pm

i usually just put garbage out piece by piece, mixing it in the normal rubbish. dont make it too obvious. but it have a farm across from by me, that usually does be like 5 and 6 bags, so if i put out a 2 bags, it will look odd to leave back one,
other times, if i didnt want to keep track of mixing piece by piece every bag, i made a rounds by a few gas stations. throw some here, bought someting, throw some in another... so it wouldnt take tooo long at a time

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 31st, 2021, 9:43 pm

find. dumpster, eg mall, supermarket

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 1st, 2021, 2:35 am

Nobody have a crusher and smelter?

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » February 1st, 2021, 5:17 am

Looks like this is what most people do. But it doesn't seem to have anything in place in this country to dispose of these kind of waste.
sMASH wrote:i usually just put garbage out piece by piece, mixing it in the normal rubbish. dont make it too obvious. but it have a farm across from by me, that usually does be like 5 and 6 bags, so if i put out a 2 bags, it will look odd to leave back one,
other times, if i didnt want to keep track of mixing piece by piece every bag, i made a rounds by a few gas stations. throw some here, bought someting, throw some in another... so it wouldnt take tooo long at a time

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 1st, 2021, 5:50 am

Well scrap iron places should take it also
But I don’t think any of them have the crushers or shredders
Lots of vids of does industrial shredders out there

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » February 1st, 2021, 7:43 am

You are right. I rented a 15 cum garbage skip in November for some demolition work at home. In the contract it is stated that paint pans cannot be disposed as they are considered hazardous chemicals. When I called to enquire further I was told that paint pans, whether plastic or metal, need to be cleaned thoroughly and documents submitted demonstrating proof of cleaning. Thereafter it will be handled for disposal. They are not treated as bulk waste. Hopefully the tins are submitted for recycling.

Why don't you call 800-JUNK and get some more information. I believe they offer recycling services. There is also Trinidad recycling in Chaguanas.
fokhan_96 wrote:Looks like this is what most people do. But it doesn't seem to have anything in place in this country to dispose of these kind of waste.
sMASH wrote:i usually just put garbage out piece by piece, mixing it in the normal rubbish. dont make it too obvious. but it have a farm across from by me, that usually does be like 5 and 6 bags, so if i put out a 2 bags, it will look odd to leave back one,

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 1st, 2021, 8:49 am

If ur worried bout the environment, clean them, and pong them with a piece of wood.

All those places will need to be paid to treat the waste.

Where I worked had separate waste paper recycle bins, as they generated a lot of paper ware in the office buildings.
Always wondered where or who dies paper recycle in Trinidad. Years I'm taking bout.

In a position that we made the permits fir vehicles to enter my specific site, but never fir paper waste.

One day I was near when the paper waste was removed, and went to look.
The normal cleaners took the bag and replaced the liner like a normal bin.
I asked what they do, thinking (hoping) it was treated separate. They said 5hey trhow it in the dumpster like normal.
Went to look, and they were, in the regular dumpsters as said.
Lol @ recycling and waste management in tnt
I have become a very cynical person over the years.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 1st, 2021, 9:32 am

at least paper is organic direct degradebable

wait til you find out the truth about all them
bio compostable food containers

sMASH wrote:If ur worried bout the environment, clean them, and pong them with a piece of wood.

Where I worked had separate waste paper recycle bins, as they generated a lot of paper ware in the office buildings.
Always wondered where or who dies paper recycle in Trinidad. Years I'm taking bout.

In a position that we made the permits fir vehicles to enter my specific site, but never fir paper waste.

I asked what they do, thinking (hoping) it was treated separate. They said 5hey trhow it in the dumpster like normal.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 1st, 2021, 9:49 am

pugboy wrote:at least paper is organic direct degradebable

wait til you find out the truth about all them
bio compostable food containers

sMASH wrote:If ur worried bout the environment, clean them, and pong them with a piece of wood.

They are only compostable in an industrial composter which Trinidad does not have!!
The waterproffing/grease proffing in the bio food packaging is also typically made of PFAS (per-polyfluoroalkyl substances), chemicals long linked to cancers and auto immune disorders. PFAS are bioaccumulative and we seen how rubbish is dealt with in Trinidad.

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » February 1st, 2021, 12:10 pm

Looks like the two simplest options are to flatten it and mix it with normal garbage and let the truck take it up orr, take it to those places that sells plants for them to use.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 1st, 2021, 1:41 pm

mix it in with ur regular garbage & make sure u tie d bags neat so garbage men wont suspect anything ...

Nexus
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Nexus » February 1st, 2021, 2:00 pm

You can contact the likes of Piranha to collect and dispose. If you doing it yourself, triple rinse the containers and then as others said you can crush them

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 1st, 2021, 2:04 pm

them scrap iron men dont pass by you? they would gladly take it

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » February 1st, 2021, 6:33 pm

I not living on a main road so they don't pass by me.
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:them scrap iron men dont pass by you? they would gladly take it

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 1st, 2021, 6:44 pm

Upcycle before recycle. Plant something in it...Make a fire bucket to smoke out mosquito/jumbie.Or light fire on it, then leave it somewhere to rust out.Makes good nutrients for your plants.Buss carbide in it...Use your imagination..

https://www.haitimetalart.com/catalog/item/6186105/6019230.htm?desktop=true

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » September 13th, 2021, 4:19 am

how do i deal with a situation where a neighbor bring his rubbish of old couch and chair and bags of whatever and put on the pavement in front my place and he living about 2 houses down and a few hours later a van pull out from the same yard and drop a bed and box frame in front by me and lean it up to my wall. i feel calling the police is a waste of time as usual an they might only come if i fork up the neighbor an clout he with a 2x4. i have cctv footage of everything and want to fork up he kant legally and within the law cause i aint making a jail for no arsehole.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 13th, 2021, 4:39 am

Put them back

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » September 13th, 2021, 4:46 am

sMASH wrote:Put them back

i aint touching nobody dutty rubbish. i itching to clout he with a 2x4 but i sure i go kill he or damage he bad and i go end up making a jail. is like the devil does send minions to make you get in trouble and them police so dotish it not funny. i take a shovel and push all the rubbish in the middle of the road and everyone passing around it even the friggin police. them aint go even stop to ask who put that in the road. next time i go light it up with gasoline and three plumes.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 13th, 2021, 6:51 am

Put it in the road by him, kerosene and matches.Wait for him to protest with your 2x4 ready .Think of it as a workout.
All the Vene rubbish from over the road by me,I heap it up in cardboard boxes.Once the boxes full, I put it in their driveway and burn it.They start picking it up now

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » September 13th, 2021, 7:43 am

Dragoon is the neighborhood bobolee . First the music men now the garbage.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 13th, 2021, 5:37 pm

sam1978 wrote:Dragoon is the neighborhood bobolee . First the music men now the garbage.
Same conditions as me, except I izza arsehole

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » September 14th, 2021, 5:38 am

not a bobolee, i just see enof jail in my life and i not going to look for trouble over small thing but i guess men taking advantage now, so it look like time to unleash the inner arsehole

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » September 14th, 2021, 7:35 am

Like a part of the post was deleted?

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » September 14th, 2021, 10:21 am

daring dragoon wrote:how do i deal with a situation where a neighbor bring his rubbish of old couch and chair and bags of whatever and put on the pavement in front my place and he living about 2 houses down and a few hours later a van pull out from the same yard and drop a bed and box frame in front by me and lean it up to my wall. i feel calling the police is a waste of time as usual an they might only come if i fork up the neighbor an clout he with a 2x4. i have cctv footage of everything and want to fork up he kant legally and within the law cause i aint making a jail for no arsehole.

Have you tried asking him why he did that? Do that first so you'll know how to act.

Maybe he just put it there because the garbage truck doh pick up too much garbage by one house alone.
(this happen to us a lot, the capacity of the truck is limited so they don't like to full up by one man house)

I've honestly distributed my garbage along my road side when I clean my yard :lol:

Just keep a cool head dawg

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 14th, 2021, 10:27 am

Not paints tins but recently I was in a cat and mouse game with the garbage collectors. I had some cardboard to dispose and I ripped them an filled cardboard boxes but to a manageable weight.
Truck refused to pick it up. Put the exact contents of the boxes into bags and they were picked up. Seems the garbage collectors do not like to pick up boxes even if its no heavier than a garbage bag.

By next week I would have some paint tins to throw away but only two.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » September 14th, 2021, 10:36 am

Yeah they don't pick up boxes at all.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 14th, 2021, 10:41 am

on the topic of paint cans, how long does unused paint last? i have some cans 2 years old left over from some renovations 2 years ago (June 2019) and was wondering if the paint still good to use it to paint over my bedroom.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » September 14th, 2021, 10:57 am

redmanjp wrote:on the topic of paint cans, how long does unused paint last? i have some cans 2 years old left over from some renovations 2 years ago (June 2019) and was wondering if the paint still good to use it to paint over my bedroom.

Should be good tbh, try a test patch.
But note it would be much lighter than the coat u put before. Dried paint tends to darken over time.
Might need to repaint the wall even tho it has the same colour.

5-7 years miight be pushing it tbh.
2 years is baby ting :lol:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”