Citizens should be charged for broadcasting roadblock information

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 17th, 2021, 12:17 pm

Friends,

Citizens should be charged for broadcasting on social media any roadblock information.

Too many “yeh ppl roadblock by so and so” advisories that are being issued and preventing the TTPS from intercepting the perpetrators. Delinquent citizens now pretend to be compliant only to revert to breaking the law when there is no longer any law enforcement present.

Bear in mind that criminals will also be in the loop thus able to evade the TTPS.

This has been going on for years but we must put a stop to this and let people be held accountable for their actions.

The flashing lights to alert opposing traffic must stop as well. Allyuh cannot be slowing down when u see others flashing lights only to speed back up when clear.

I know that some days we let our guard down and a little heads up is nice....but we must understand the results of our actions.

Ryan197912
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Citizens should be charged for broadcasting roadblock information

Postby Ryan197912 » January 17th, 2021, 5:59 pm

MaxPower wrote:Friends,

Citizens should be charged for broadcasting on social media any roadblock information.

Too many “yeh ppl roadblock by so and so” advisories that are being issued and preventing the TTPS from intercepting the perpetrators. Delinquent citizens now pretend to be compliant only to revert to breaking the law when there is no longer any law enforcement present.

Bear in mind that criminals will also be in the loop thus able to evade the TTPS.

This has been going on for years but we must put a stop to this and let people be held accountable for their actions.

The flashing lights to alert opposing traffic must stop as well. Allyuh cannot be slowing down when u see others flashing lights only to speed back up when clear.

I know that some days we let our guard down and a little heads up is nice....but we must understand the results of our actions.

Charged you say...for doing what...broadcasting real time traffic data...while you are it why not ban or deplatform waze and Google maps.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 17th, 2021, 7:02 pm

esp if you coming from far
at least you can know to not to bother

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 17th, 2021, 7:12 pm

Ryan197912 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Friends,

Charged you say...for doing what...broadcasting real time traffic data...while you are it why not ban or deplatform waze and Google maps.

Hello Ryan197912,

Yes, charge them for alerting the pubic for advising others when to comply with rules and regulations.

And i wont say “deplatform” waze or google maps but omit anything to do with law enforcement information. Would you alert those on the drug block that the police are coming? Any law abiding would not because you want them to get caught so they wouldn’t harm you or others.

You mentioned real time traffic data. We can have authorized apps and broadcasts to advise the public accordingly.

I get what you’re saying, but this is a lawless country. It’s all about discipline bro.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 17th, 2021, 7:20 pm

2 sides of d coin there , ppl go beat up cause they eh want d "inconvenience" to them but criminals online reading d play too so they using d info to their advantage to dodge d law :|

i bet if u post this on fb u get more cuss than support ... :|

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 17th, 2021, 9:15 pm

Rovin wrote:2 sides of d coin there , ppl go beat up cause they eh want d "inconvenience" to them but criminals online reading d play too so they using d info to their advantage to dodge d law :|

i bet if u post this on fb u get more cuss than support ... :|

Hello Rovin,

Yep, pretty much because we have more lawless than law abiding citizens.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 17th, 2021, 9:37 pm

road blocks should be illegal. this isnt the USSR... or is it?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 18th, 2021, 9:34 am

Road blocks are very necessary here.Tried and tested.
You cannot compare personal time lost with the potential loss of life that could be caused with some of the firearms recovered from these exercises.As long as you,your passengers and vehicle above board, you should not have a problem with roadblocks.
I know in your job, roadblocks could translate into less income and irate customers, but at the end of the day, you can't anticipate police road blocks.Fair is fair. Besides, a dozen police officers should add up to a whole brain between them, so less chance of TTPS folly.

On the other hand, I wish we had some sort of state appointed auditors that could stop and search police and other government vehicles.I would be interested to know what they find, seeing as they are seemingly exempt from roadblocks.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 18th, 2021, 10:53 am

timelapse wrote:Road blocks are very necessary here.Tried and tested.
You cannot compare personal time lost with the potential loss of life that could be caused with some of the firearms recovered from these exercises.As long as you,your passengers and vehicle above board, you should not have a problem with roadblocks.
I know in your job, roadblocks could translate into less income and irate customers, but at the end of the day, you can't anticipate police road blocks.Fair is fair. Besides, a dozen police officers should add up to a whole brain between them, so less chance of TTPS folly.

On the other hand, I wish we had some sort of state appointed auditors that could stop and search police and other government vehicles.I would be interested to know what they find, seeing as they are seemingly exempt from roadblocks.

Hello timelapse,

Very nice post my top lad.

Permit me to add that we can retrieve more firearms, drugs etc and save lives if we reduce the means that advises the public including criminals of police roadblocks.

I mean i dont understand. Trinis will see a man speeding down the highway only to flash their lights alerting him that there is police. Let them get caught....they are putting many lives at risk.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 18th, 2021, 11:24 am

Yeah , thats real dotishness I find.Snitches should end up in ditches....

Ripe Chenette
Sweet on this forum

Postby Ripe Chenette » January 18th, 2021, 9:53 pm

timelapse wrote:Road blocks are very necessary here.Tried and tested.

For very 1 gun police find 20 more are already in circulation, roadblocks do next to nothing for crime and seem made to inconvenience regular people.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 19th, 2021, 12:13 pm

Seemingly so.But ask yourself this, should police stop doing roadblocks and random checks altogether.License officers too while you at it?
The people doing part of their jobs.If they weren't, we'd also be the same people saying that maybe they should carry out random searches to catch criminals unaware.You can't have it both ways.Increased police presence , whether you see it or not is a deterrent to criminal activities.
You saying it inconveniencing to regular people, how is law enforcement supposed to know that you normal and somebody else is a criminal? What does a criminal look like?
Random searches eliminates discrimination accusations such as racism etc.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 19th, 2021, 12:43 pm

Ripe Chenette wrote:For very 1 gun police find 20 more are already in circulation, roadblocks do next to nothing for crime and seem made to inconvenience regular people.

Hello Ripe Chenette,

This is exactly my point bro.

And you are absolutely correct....it’s a 1/20 as you said....but this is because the other 19 in circulation have the information to evade the roadblocks.

The more guns off the street, the less crime, the less roadblocks needed resulting in less inconvenience.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 19th, 2021, 2:44 pm

MaxPower wrote:Friends, Citizens should be charged for broadcasting on social media any roadblock information.

And they should charge those who also drive down the highway flashing their lights to alert speeding motorists and criminals about police traps.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 19th, 2021, 2:58 pm

bluefete wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Friends, Citizens should be charged for broadcasting on social media any roadblock information.

And they should charge those who also drive down the highway flashing their lights to alert speeding motorists and criminals about police traps.

Hello bluefete,

Yes i agree.

I also mentioned this in post #1588 in this thread.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 25th, 2021, 10:02 am

Is it illegal to flash oncoming traffic to let them know there is a speed trap and police are timing?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 25th, 2021, 10:42 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Is it illegal to flash oncoming traffic to let them know there is a speed trap and police are timing?

Hard to prove that's what you're doing. Could always claim you flashing the person in front to merge :)

ru$$ell
30 pounds of Boost

Postby ru$$ell » January 25th, 2021, 10:45 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Is it illegal to flash oncoming traffic to let them know there is a speed trap and police are timing?
Yes it is, dave brought this to my knowledge back in the day about it

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » January 25th, 2021, 11:45 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:

Hard to prove that's what you're doing. Could always claim you flashing the person in front to merge :)

then they wll charge yuh for using yuh headlights during the day :lol:

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » January 25th, 2021, 11:53 am

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » January 25th, 2021, 12:10 pm

Wow I not to long ago was asking bout this same thing...

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 25th, 2021, 12:34 pm

but what about ppl who want to avoid traffic caused by these road blocks? can ppl still be allowed to put a traffic jam alert without saying it's a road block? not everyone using the system to avoid a ticket and certainly 0.1% would be using it to avoid being found with firearms

i use waze everyday simply to avoid traffic- i don't think that u should take away this use of it which is probably what most users use it for. so if it can be modified for our location to restrict posting of police alerts while still allowing traffic and other alerts then that's fine by me.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » January 25th, 2021, 12:39 pm

They should charge people who flash lights to warn when they are timing on the opposite side...

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 25th, 2021, 12:56 pm

Hello The_Honourable,

Thank you for the articles, i read all of them.

Thats exactly what these Wazers are....snitches.

Again let me reiterate the convenience and awareness it brings to us all, but the law breakers are enjoying the advisories and not being caught to be disciplined.

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » January 25th, 2021, 1:16 pm

The TTPS has all the Intel and technology to capture criminals. Roadblocks are not needed for this.
Illegal Firearms are obtained how? That's were our Coast Guards need to get up and work.
Just like in the movies there are rogue officers in high positions that are funded by criminal elements here in Trinidad. If you don't believe this you're living under a rock.
These criminals are privy to these roadblocks before the law-abiding citizens.
Since the beginning of this year, I passed through a lot of these roadblocks and yes they are mainly geared to sharing tickets for unroadworthy vehicles.

As for those motorists who flash there lights to warn others, I salute you.
To the officers that risk there lives in removing Criminals from our society (not from roadblocks), I also Salute you.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 25th, 2021, 1:34 pm

mad wrote:The TTPS has all the Intel and technology to capture criminals. Roadblocks are not needed for this.
Illegal Firearms are obtained how? That's were our Coast Guards need to get up and work.
Just like in the movies there are rogue officers in high positions that are funded by criminal elements here in Trinidad. If you don't believe this you're living under a rock.
These criminals are privy to these roadblocks before the law-abiding citizens.
Since the beginning of this year, I passed through a lot of these roadblocks and yes they are mainly geared to sharing tickets for unroadworthy vehicles.

As for those motorists who flash there lights to warn others, I salute you.
To the officers that risk there lives in removing Criminals from our society (not from roadblocks), I also Salute you.

Hello mad,

Roadblocks do help and are proven to intercept many criminals. Yes, i agree that the TTPS has alot of intel, but how can they intercept a man with no criminal record who chooses to transport illegal firearms/drugs from point A to B? Will the vehicle beep on a radar with our state of the art technology?

How many vehicles are not inspected/road worthy and evade roadblocks only to continue to put the lives of others at risk?

What about your heroes that flash the speeding driver, who slows down before the radar gun, only to continue speeding and knock down your family member? You gonna salute them over your dead and mangled relative?

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » January 25th, 2021, 2:07 pm

Freedom of speech?

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » January 25th, 2021, 2:29 pm

Hello mad,

Roadblocks do help and are proven to intercept many criminals. Yes, i agree that the TTPS has alot of intel, but how can they intercept a man with no criminal record who chooses to transport illegal firearms/drugs from point A to B? Will the vehicle beep on a radar with our state of the art technology?
Where this person got the firearm from, usually a known criminal with links to the ttps. If this person going and transport drugs/illegal firearm without inside info then he not fit to be in that business anyway.

How many vehicles are not inspected/road worthy and evade roadblocks only to continue to put the lives of others at risk?
I agree there are derelict vehicles on the roads (which should be off the nation roads), but I also believe there are more derelict roads than vehicles. Until we have proper roads throughout the country, then would I support ticketing of minor vehicle offensives.

What about your heroes that flash the speeding driver, who slows down before the radar gun, only to continue speeding and knock down your family member? You gonna salute them over your dead and mangled relative?[/quote]
I don't know about you but I more concern about getting hold up in a robbery, killed by stray bullet or worst yet robbed/killed in your own house than a speeding driver. The odds of the former outweighs the latter. It have way more worrying things to worry about in Trinidad than a speeding driver.

But everyone is different, what may worry or concern you may not concern the other.
Although I don't support your views I respect it.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 25th, 2021, 2:47 pm

mad wrote:Hello mad,

Where this person got the firearm from, usually a known criminal with links to the ttps. If this person going and transport drugs/illegal firearm without inside info then he not fit to be in that business anyway.

I agree there are derelict vehicles on the roads (which should be off the nation roads), but I also believe there are more derelict roads than vehicles. Until we have proper roads throughout the country, then would I support ticketing of minor vehicle offensives.

What about your heroes that flash the speeding driver, who slows down before the radar gun, only to continue speeding and knock down your family member? You gonna salute them over your dead and mangled relative?

I don't know about you but I more concern about getting hold up in a robbery, killed by stray bullet or worst yet robbed/killed in your own house than a speeding driver. The odds of the former outweighs the latter. It have way more worrying things to worry about in Trinidad than a speeding driver.

But everyone is different, what may worry or concern you may not concern the other.
Although I don't support your views I respect it.
[/quote]

Thanks for your reply.

I agree with all your responses and i also respect your views, it’s just i’m looking at it from another angle.

With regard to your main concern, what about getting robbed, killed and the perpetrators use Waze to bypass roadblocks/police presence?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 29th, 2021, 11:30 pm

zander on d issue jes a few days ago ...

https://www.facebook.com/alertTandT/vid ... 6615734577

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”