TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Covid-19 and T&T's continued border closure - Do you agree?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Do you agree with keeping our borders closed?

Yes! to everyone including citizens, keep covid-19 out!
27%
Yes to foreigners, but citizens can return and stay quarantined for 14 days
48%
No we can safely open borders to everyone by adopting similar measures the rest of the Caribbean (world) is taking
25%

Total votes: 52

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Covid-19 and T&T's continued border closure - Do you agree?

Postby Habit7 » January 30th, 2021, 10:32 pm

You shifting goalposts. First you saying corporate exemptions shouldn't occur if Trinis are stranded. But in July 2020 5,539 ppl requested exemption. But by 21 Jan 2021, 11,682 exemptions have been granted. So who are these ppl who stranded?

If you demanding transparency with the process, then be transparent with your business. There are a lot of holes in many ppl stories who are demanding exemptions when they are lying about their wait time. Example being the woman who wants to sue the state with Chag West MP as her lawyer. She was so busy preparing to sue the state, she forgot to actually apply for exemption. But she still going to sue on principle. :roll:

Devant Maharaj sued to know the policy, it was revealed.
Sasha Singh sued accusing the state of bias in the process, she lost.
Realising, that courts not helping, the play is now for hearts and minds by crying out as if nobody getting exempted but only foreigners.

Yet 100,000 Australians stranded abroad, but they bringing in foreigners for the Australian Tennis Open. They have to bring in a foreign crew to sail the Buccoo Reef to Trinidad.
Ppl complaining that the TTCG Damen vessels down, but the engineers have to come from Netherlands to service them. Do you want every Trini on the exemption list granted first before those engineers come?
There was an outbreak of covid on a Repsol offshore platform a couple weeks ago and they are short of workers for the next rotation. Should the platform remain understaffed and unsafe until Tantie can come back home first?

I really don't have the time to argue back and forth with you. There is a state sponsored exemption and quarantine system and there is exemption and quarantine system for corporate bodies that is totally funded by them to ensure that we have an economy to fund the former. The very same thing exists in Australia https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/crit ... nd-sectors
Keyboard warrioring and actually running a country are two different things. Citizens are coming home, the manufacturing and energy sectors keeping us afloat while our Caribbean siblings are sinking with no tourism income. Our virus spread is low the situation is being managed, relax yourself.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 30th, 2021, 10:41 pm

Stop using Aus as a yardstick, they are failing and floundering badly and their government will face the consequences of these policies.

It comes to this, you don't think tanty's life and comfort as important Blue Waters.

We ain't talking about critical offshore rigs etc. We talking about a f*cking bottle water company.

If you can't see why that is BS then I can't help you.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 30th, 2021, 10:51 pm

when sasha singh sued, her suit was that there was bias. to know if there was bias, u would have to know what the process was, and who would have benefited. at that time, there was no public release or public knowledge of how individuals woudl be selected. only the process of application. she cant say there is bias if doesnt know the process.

and she could not know the process, cause there is none. he does grant according to vaps, if is someone of their cohorts or if someone involving a lawyer.

the damen vessels provide security service to the state, that is paramount. blue waters is replaced by paying ur wasa bill and opening ur pipe. ur really try to equate bottle water to the coast guard? i not sure which one of them would take the greater offence

while ur demonstrating the value of the exempted to sustaining the economy, demonstrate the value of the pm and the ag chirren to the economy too.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 30th, 2021, 11:03 pm

Question,

What are you Trinis doing to stand up to your Govt?

How long will you bobolees be taken advantage of over and over?

Yunno if it was Machel Monday or Kes playing allyuh out and about in large numbers using every last drop of energy....and this next one O2 park allyuh does go crazy over.

Come on Trinis, GET out there and let your voices be heard.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 31st, 2021, 3:53 am

MaxP: You are a BAWSE troller when yuh ready! BAWSE!!!

MaxPower wrote:Friends,

It is imperative that we trust in the winning party, the PNM, to make the right decision to determine that our 38 guests’ role and purpose in our society was more important than those locals who are trying to come in.

We must understand T&T’s top priorities.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 31st, 2021, 6:56 am

bluefete wrote:MaxP: You are a BAWSE troller when yuh ready! BAWSE!!!

MaxPower wrote:hello Friends,

It is imperative that we trust in the winning party, the PNM, to make the right decision to determine that our 38 guests’ role and purpose in our society was more important than those locals who are trying to come in.

We must understand T&T’s top priorities.
:lol:

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » January 31st, 2021, 7:35 am

Dohplaydat wrote:Stop using Aus as a yardstick, they are failing and floundering badly and their government will face the consequences of these policies.

It comes to this, you don't think tanty's life and comfort as important Blue Waters.

We ain't talking about critical offshore rigs etc. We talking about a f*cking bottle water company.

I don't know what you call failing and floundering badly but Australia just had 2wks without local transmission, I want us to fail and flounder like that too. https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news ... irus-cases

Please show how restricting or allowing Blue Waters workers limit citizens from arriving.

You are just getting emotional and not factual.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » January 31st, 2021, 8:10 am

^ dohplaydat has a tendency to do that

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » January 31st, 2021, 8:45 am

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-31/ ... a/13106968

Quarantine hotel worker tests positive.

It's why many want the border closed until healthcare, police, first responders etc are vaccinated.
Habit7 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:Stop using Aus as a yardstick, they are failing and floundering badly and their government will face the consequences of these policies.

I don't know what you call failing and floundering badly but Australia just had 2wks without local transmission, I want us to fail and flounder like that too. https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news ... irus-cases

Please show how restricting or allowing Blue Waters workers limit citizens from arriving.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 31st, 2021, 9:01 am

Habit7 wrote:

u are effectively saying, once u could pay, the borders are open for u.
u havent demonstrated how necessary blue waters is to national security, or to the economy, that places its operation above that of other businesses, that justifies it pulling people from a high spread covid country here.

Greenday
Ricer

Postby Greenday » January 31st, 2021, 9:18 am

I read where the Government allowed the blue waters workers in because it's to save some 600 workers.

If blue waters have 600 workers and all they do is bottle water then Wasa is under staffed in providing water.

Then again the government sent home some 3500 staff Petrotrin and numerous Pt lisas workers but want to save 600 workers ?

Industrial workers earn more and pay more taxes, I don't believe that blue waters is a high paying company.

I am missing the logic here

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » January 31st, 2021, 11:33 am

the real joke is the plant upgrades are likely for more automation. once the current contracts expire, plenty not going to be rehired

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 31st, 2021, 12:06 pm

Habit7 wrote:

Anti-government sentiment for how it handled Covid is high. I wasn't referring to the actual cases there, I was referring to how upset the 39k stranded Aussies are about their system.

But at least their system is transparent, first come first served.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 31st, 2021, 4:15 pm

NOTE: I do not know if the "BUSINESSWOMAN" is a Photoshop or typo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/kickoutpnm/pho ... 6168963015

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 31st, 2021, 7:02 pm

bluefete wrote:NOTE: I do not know if the "BUSINESSWOMAN" is a Photoshop or typo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/kickoutpnm/pho ... 6168963015

Not Photoshop it's real.

Also, hearing about a Trini surgeon who was trapped for months, had patients die because she couldn't see about then.....but you know, Blue Waters is priority.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » January 31st, 2021, 8:24 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:Also, hearing about a Trini surgeon who was trapped for months, had patients die because she couldn't see about then.....but you know, Blue Waters is priority.

That surgeon is gifted hands? If the surgeon had died in March 2020, won't they have been in the same predicament?

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 31st, 2021, 8:49 pm

Habit7 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:Also, hearing about a Trini surgeon who was trapped for months, had patients die because she couldn't see about then.....but you know, Blue Waters is priority.

That surgeon is gifted hands? If the surgeon had died in March 2020, won't they have been in the same predicament?

Right but they didn't did they? An impending medical crisis is happening but a surgeon, a resource that's extremely limited in Trinidad, got stuck outside for months. But don't worry bottle water was our priority.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » January 31st, 2021, 9:31 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

Right but they didn't did they? An impending medical crisis is happening but a surgeon, a resource that's extremely limited in Trinidad, got stuck outside for months. But don't worry bottle water was our priority.

Didnt the surgeon come back before the Blue Waters ppl? How can you say they were a priority if the surgeon is here already? Should one of the 11,000 ppl who were repatriated through the state system have come before the surgeon, or was the surgeon paying for private aircraft, tests and 2wk quarantine like the other corporate exemptions?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 1st, 2021, 4:34 pm

Habit7 wrote:WASA industrial rate is ranged from $3.50 to $12 per cu metre

You are not factoring the price of processing, bottling, transport, marketing and taxes. Not to mention the competition, if bottle water had such large profits then their competitors would undercut them, but they are still one of the cheapest.

Al Rawi is not a director of Blue Waters.

timelapse wrote:So regular people lives don't matter?
Or just the rich and friends of the politicians?

I hear you and I sympathize, but no corporate worker is taking your father's space on the exemption list.
Even without the govt managing the exemption, the rich and the influential will get the limited seats on the CAL flights or pay for private jets, get the limited state supervised quarantine spaces and/or afford the nicer quarantine at one's own expense. But if this thing is not managed properly, we will see an explosion in cases again, more deaths and more on the breadline as we will have to deal with another lockdown like Barbados and St Vincent. Almost 10,000 got exempted, I hope your pops get through too.

Thanks and you are wrong on the first part,at least by what I was told by Ministry staff on the many occasions.
I was told that they HAVE a maximum number of exemptions granted at any given time so that they can manage numbers.Initially they did not advise that special arrangements would be made for chartered flights,there is a separate process altogether.My father's company could have organised one, as they have workers all over the Caribbean,US and Latin America.They kept this info on the down low.My father can afford to pay his way though,32 years of underwater welding, teaching it,supervising ,and other forms of industrial activity for a multinational company has it perks.But neither he, nor his friends have friends or contacts in the Ministry or dare I say the red government, so is salt for them. They have about 20 Trinis I think scattered across jobsites in the western hemisphere.All of them still outside.These men are highly qualified and experienced in industrial construction and repair, but I guessing Blue waters needed Hondurans specifically. Fren and famalee is the mantra of the PNM

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » February 1st, 2021, 5:14 pm

Sometimes some of allyuh want to come and playing the tiniest violin, crying about your personal situation. Then suddenly it turns political.

This was the MoNS in July 2020
Young said 35 foreign workers would also be granted exemptions to assist with "emergency repair works" for major energy and manufacturing platforms.

"Some of our manufacturing platforms and local manufacturers are asking for foreign workers to come in to upkeep the equipment."
https://newsday.co.tt/2020/07/16/young- ... -to-media/

I don't know you nor your father, but it seems like he will come back when he finish play himself. Expect to hear about new siblings.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 1st, 2021, 5:24 pm

Habit7 wrote:Sometimes some of allyuh want to come and playing the tiniest violin, crying about your personal situation. Then suddenly it turns political.

This was the MoNS in June 2020
Young said 35 foreign workers would also be granted exemptions to assist with "emergency repair works" for major energy and manufacturing platforms.

"Some of our manufacturing platforms and local manufacturers are asking for foreign workers to come in to upkeep the equipment."
https://newsday.co.tt/2020/07/16/young- ... -to-media/

I don't know you nor your father, but it seems like he will come back when he finish play himself. Expect to hear about new siblings.

He is not Keith Rowley.Here a Rowley,there a Rowley everywhere a Rowley Rowley.Far from.
You are right, you do not know my father.
I did his applications and I am the contact person.I am telling you from my experience.I guess there goes your theory...
As for crying about personal situation.If you have no family outside waiting to come home, Haul yuh balisier .Just like Jon Snow and the rest of PNM sheep, you know nothing.
I didn't say it political,hear me well.I said fren and famalee.That is nepotism.Something that the PNM ( who currently are overseeing this situation,so yes I will point frustration at them) is NOTORIOUS for.But I guess I should shut my mouth and blame Kamala

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » February 1st, 2021, 7:10 pm

Good, you cuss Rowley. While your father and his employer go about their business.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 1st, 2021, 7:37 pm

Habit7 wrote:Good, you cuss Rowley. While your father and his employer go about their business.

My father project finished since last year April.His company trying to send him home since.I repeatedly have to tell him not to board any planes because he doesn't have his exemption as yet.Stop pretending that you know me or my father hoss.
You know nothing other that the corrupt officials you defend
As with anytime Pnm get called out on their nepotism, the balisier brigade comes out to defend. Why Growlers daughter didn't have to wait on exemption?Or her companions?
You can't answer that...oh wait..Blame Kamala....
Or better yet,in typical PNM fashion, try to discredit any opposition.
Any time I query the status of the exemption is the same damn automatic response.Not even any confirmation as to your place in line.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » February 1st, 2021, 9:47 pm

on the bright side, we have vaccines coming and there should be no reasonable justification for denying travel to vaccinated persons. Maybe we even get commercial flights coming back at a decent scale.

the world needs to move on. covid will be here forever, just like influenza, zika, west nile, etc. This is no longer an urgent or emergency situation that justifies the arbitrary and indefinite suspension of constitutional rights (like the right to return to your home country).

and let me say I am sorry to hear about your situation timelapse. These COVID19 restrictions create real suffering that we should acknowledge, regardless of party or politics.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » February 2nd, 2021, 11:35 am

I don't know about that. More than likely they will set a %age of the population that will need to be vaccinated before restrictions are relaxed wrt quarantine. I don't know why they haven't increased hotel capacity for quarantine so that we can have more inbound passengers. Maybe the hotels don't want to be liable for people breaching the quarantine but if they just report persons who do that should stop that problem.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » February 2nd, 2021, 12:16 pm

pete wrote:I don't know about that. More than likely they will set a %age of the population that will need to be vaccinated before restrictions are relaxed wrt quarantine. I don't know why they haven't increased hotel capacity for quarantine so that we can have more inbound passengers. Maybe the hotels don't want to be liable for people breaching the quarantine but if they just report persons who do that should stop that problem.

Hilton was practically begging for it. Lots of them in Tobago want to be quarantine centers too.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » February 2nd, 2021, 2:29 pm

The issue is not a lack of hotel rooms, it is the capacity of the health care system to accommodate those who come.
We are bringing back 400 a week. Australia with 18x our size is bringing back 4200 a week. Proportionally, that is as if we were only bringing back 233, that is not even enough for 2 CAL 737-800. MoH said 20% of our cases are repatriates. If we bring in more, it will increase the risk of overburdening the healthcare and having another lockdown a la Barbados.

If this thing has to be managed properly, it won't please everybody. We could follow USA, Sweden, Barbados and St. Lucia and get their results or we could follow Australia and NZ and get their results.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 2nd, 2021, 2:34 pm

how much capacity they allocated for executive/professional exemption/quarantine spots?
60? 100? 500?

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » February 2nd, 2021, 2:48 pm

sMASH wrote:how much capacity they allocated for executive/professional exemption/quarantine spots?
60? 100? 500?

I don't know, but once they have travel insurance to pay for private healthcare or medivac them back to wherever the whole lot of them can come imho.

We could even host a multiteam cricket tournament. I think we did so recently.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » February 2nd, 2021, 2:58 pm

Habit7 wrote:The issue is not a lack of hotel rooms, it is the capacity of the health care system to accommodate those who come.
We are bringing back 400 a week. Australia with 18x our size is bringing back 4200 a week. Proportionally, that is as if we were only bringing back 233, that is not even enough for 2 CAL 737-800. MoH said 20% of our cases are repatriates. If we bring in more, it will increase the risk of overburdening the healthcare and having another lockdown a la Barbados.

If this thing has to be managed properly, it won't please everybody. We could follow USA, Sweden, Barbados and St. Lucia and get their results or we could follow Australia and NZ and get their results.

Their daily releases do not show anything close to 20% of our cases being repatriations. From December 1st to Jan 13th (when I stopped putting data in my sheet) We had 636 cases total and 26 being repatriations. That is 4%.
*edit* From December 1st to Jan 31st we had 895 cases total and 35 being from repatriated persons, 3.9% of our cases.

The other figure you need to factor in is what is the percentage of incoming passengers testing positive. The "we don't want to overburden our healthcare system" line is so annoying as:
1. Only severe cases need medical intervention
2. Having to produce a -ve PCR test result significantly reduces the risk of someone entering Trinidad while infected.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”