Forums

PM taken to hospital with 'cardiac issue'

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: PM taken to hospital with 'cardiac issue'

Postby j.o.e » January 11th, 2021, 10:40 am

Ben_spanna wrote:So how come he was not admitted to POS Gen??? not good enough for him? Our own government does not trust our Public health service? Says alot about them.. what a band of crooks!
And then our money foots their medical bills? Lovely.... happy new year everyone!

You realize that you are contradicting yourself?
I don’t go to public health institutions because I have chosen to pay for that out of pocket/insurance etc.
The Govt provides free healthcare that is available to EVERYONE rich or poor. A millionaire can lie done in the general hospital if he wants.
So if your issue is with paying for the PM health care ... why do you want him to go public hospital?
If your issue is that he should experience what the public experiences are you suggesting that the PM would have the identical experience as a citizen who was displeased at the general hospital?
PM or not pretty sure Keith could afford private care and one of the perks of the office is medical care.
Stop being obtuse

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 11th, 2021, 10:48 am

Team,

You Trinis should be happy and grateful that your PM is recovering nicely.

This is the man T&T voted for.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 11th, 2021, 10:48 am

lol public health care had nothing if rowley desperately needed it over the weekend.
i realize i hadda start to be real ambiguous with how i getting or posting info

but if rowley went a public hospital and needed a stent, they wouldnt have been any available.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 11th, 2021, 10:55 am

Animal Farm makes more sense as an adult in Trinidad now than when I was a child and did it for Form 1 Lit.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » January 11th, 2021, 11:21 am

Who is Fuad Khan?
elec2020 wrote:Because i don't want the thread to get too long i will create another post separately to respond to pugboy. Idk about any practicing doctors that go up on political platforms and speak about how great whoever is. If you have that information please share it. You included lawyers in your statement to try to deflect, but for the sake of the discussion i shall respond. Lawyers do not take a Hippocratic oath. They do take an oath of following the ethical guidelines of the jurisdiction that they operate within. If those ethical guidelines allow them to act as quasi-politicians while still practicing then so be it. Thats the law. Through my research I have seen nothing along those lines for doctors (that is, they can act as quasi-politicians) particularly when they have the Hippocratic oath as well as NDAs (for those who not doctors and shouldn't be leaking patients info as this technician did). The research link i posted in fact showed that physician partisan bias (with respect to political affiliation) can in fact lead to unwarranted variation in patient care. Something that can be quite harmful or even dangerous for unsuspecting patients. As such it is foolish to have someone in medical care proven to be anti pnm to continue to operate in that sector as past research shows that individuals like that are inclined (consciously/subconsciously) to not carry out full due care (case in point my boy post up Dr. Rowley info in his group normel normel... while his lawyer can argue he did not say Rowley's name directly we don't know if there are additional media posts which may come up later as is usual in these cases... for example Sawh). In closing here is a quote from the TTMA following the Sawh ordeal

'As such, we urge all healthcare providers to continue providing the expected standard of care to all patients regardless of ethnicity, gender, age, orientation and any other basis."

https://www.looptt.com/content/tt-medic ... estigation

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » January 11th, 2021, 11:29 am

supercharged turbo wrote:Who is Fuad Khan?
elec2020 wrote:Because i don't want the thread to get too long i will create another post separately to respond to pugboy. Idk about any practicing doctors that go up on political platforms and speak about how great whoever is. If you have that information please share it. You included lawyers in your statement to try to deflect, but for the sake of the discussion i shall respond. Lawyers do not take a Hippocratic oath. They do take an oath of following the ethical guidelines of the jurisdiction that they operate within. If those ethical guidelines allow them to act as quasi-politicians while still practicing then so be it. Thats the law. Through my research I have seen nothing along those lines for doctors (that is, they can act as quasi-politicians) particularly when they have the Hippocratic oath as well as NDAs (for those who not doctors and shouldn't be leaking patients info as this technician did). The research link i posted in fact showed that physician partisan bias (with respect to political affiliation) can in fact lead to unwarranted variation in patient care. Something that can be quite harmful or even dangerous for unsuspecting patients. As such it is foolish to have someone in medical care proven to be anti pnm to continue to operate in that sector as past research shows that individuals like that are inclined (consciously/subconsciously) to not carry out full due care (case in point my boy post up Dr. Rowley info in his group normel normel... while his lawyer can argue he did not say Rowley's name directly we don't know if there are additional media posts which may come up later as is usual in these cases... for example Sawh). In closing here is a quote from the TTMA following the Sawh ordeal

'As such, we urge all healthcare providers to continue providing the expected standard of care to all patients regardless of ethnicity, gender, age, orientation and any other basis."

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar has read the riot act to Health Minister Fuad Khan, saying he has to give up his private practice at the St Augustine Private Hospital or send in his resignation as Health Minister.Speaking to reporters after attending the launch of a Police Youth Club in her constituency of Siparia yesterday, Persad-Bissessar said it was inappropriate for Khan to continue as a Minister in her Cabinet, while continuing his private practice.Recalling a conversation with Khan, Persad-Bissessar said:"I spoke with Dr Khan today and I told him that such behaviour is not only inappropriate but it is untenable, so therefore he has to make a choice, as of today, as to whether he wants to be in private practice or whether he wants to be a minister."

https://www.guardian.co.tt/article-6.2. ... f9cc42d2e9

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 11th, 2021, 11:57 am

If private health care is a job perk, won't you take it too?
Do you go to a private dentist or public dental clinic?
Public health care is free and available (quality inconsistent and questionable), but private health care is an OPTION. If I have the option, I choosing the better one.
Gnomesane?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 11th, 2021, 12:10 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:If private health care is a job perk, won't you take it too?
Public health care is free and available (quality inconsistent and questionable), but private health care is an OPTION. If I have the option, I choosing the better one.
Gnomesane?

Its not a perk (at least not in the first instance)
According to the SRC the PM's medical allowance is as follows -
Capture.JPG

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 11th, 2021, 12:23 pm

Gnomesane?

makes sense

that is, until you realize, the same dr that you paying a hefty sum in his private practice that making sure you get treated well is the exact same doctor that is very flippant about you & would happily disregard you with less than a moment's thought.
Look an example of a racket
dr's in public hospitals would do what they could at the bare minimum, and if they feel like you look like you could afford to go private, they will refer you to one of their colleagues' private practice, said colleague working in that same hospital. the colleague in turn will return the favor down the line.

Yuh want to fix public healthcare?
Start with making it standard, no doctor employed in the public system should operate a private office and charge privately for work he is already paid to do in the public sector, because if he does then he is in conflict and competition with his employer, and has motive to fail to perform his duties in the public health care sector.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 11th, 2021, 12:25 pm

That's the free road, right?
I know that if you go public, they can send you private and cover the cost.

In my earlier post I was talking about "out of pocket" private care as the first option.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 11th, 2021, 12:38 pm

this is t he best definition of our healthcare system in a nutshell

another good example is the public cancer treatment
if you go private first and drop some dollars there
after awhile the docs there will refer you for urgent free treatment to get into the free chemo

88sins wrote:
Gnomesane?

makes sense

that is, until you realize, the same dr that you paying a hefty sum in his private practice that making sure you get treated well is the exact same doctor that is very flippant about you & would happily disregard you with less than a moment's thought.
Look an example of a racket
dr's in public hospitals would do what they could at the bare minimum, and if they feel like you look like you could afford to go private, they will refer you to one of their colleagues' private practice, said colleague working in that same hospital. the colleague in turn will return the favor down the line.

Yuh want to fix public healthcare?
Start with making it standard, no doctor employed in the public system should operate a private office and charge privately for work he is already paid to do in the public sector, because if he does then he is in conflict and competition with his employer, and has motive to fail to perform his duties in the public health care sector.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 11th, 2021, 3:39 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:That's the free road, right?
I know that if you go public, they can send you private and cover the cost.

In my earlier post I was talking about "out of pocket" private care as the first option.

you referring to social services to refer the patient that can't be done at the hospital. This is done regularly, the public hospital will have made arrangements with the private intitution.

but that's NOT what I meant

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » January 11th, 2021, 3:57 pm

Regular dental checkups is the one thing that usually not covered under NHS.

This was from my experience when living in the UK.

Gnomesane?
Last edited by teems1 on January 11th, 2021, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » January 11th, 2021, 3:58 pm

He still didn't give up his private practice while he was minister.She read the riot act and in 3 days everybody forgot about it and moved on
elec2020 wrote:
supercharged turbo wrote:Who is Fuad Khan?

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar has read the riot act to Health Minister Fuad Khan, saying he has to give up his private practice at the St Augustine Private Hospital or send in his resignation as Health Minister.Speaking to reporters after attending the launch of a Police Youth Club in her constituency of Siparia yesterday, Persad-Bissessar said it was inappropriate for Khan to continue as a Minister in her Cabinet, while continuing his private practice.Recalling a conversation with Khan, Persad-Bissessar said:"I spoke with Dr Khan today and I told him that such behaviour is not only inappropriate but it is untenable, so therefore he has to make a choice, as of today, as to whether he wants to be in private practice or whether he wants to be a minister."

https://www.guardian.co.tt/article-6.2. ... f9cc42d2e9

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 11th, 2021, 4:01 pm

pugboy wrote:this is t he best definition of our healthcare system in a nutshell

after awhile the docs there will refer you for urgent free treatment to get into the free chemo

fun fact for you
Some people prefer the private sector for cancer treatment, & are of the impression that they get better treatments privately, because they paying their money. & BIG money too eh, costs can range from anywhere between 10K-20K/dose, depending on the treatment options used. meem kno if they does feel like a bigshot or what.

Little do most of them know, ALL the exact same drugs they are spending so much money on, are available for literally free.

Just goes to show, people might have financial wealth from being business savvy, but that don't necessarily mean they smart

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 11th, 2021, 4:08 pm

yeah a padna whose wife was on chemo treatment went through the whole scenes and was explaining the ins and outs of the treatment center. She gets all her periodic scans at private but doesnt have to pay anymore as she is under the public cancer treatment group.

the doctor whom she dealt with privately told her he would get her enlisted in the public cancer system after she spent a couple hundred under him....

the thing is there is no guidebook/roadmap for a prospective patient on how to manouvre treatment wise
or any of the major health issues and getting straightforward access.

88sins wrote:
pugboy wrote:this is t he best definition of our healthcare system in a nutshell

fun fact for you
Some people prefer the private sector for cancer treatment, & are of the impression that they get better treatments privately, because they paying their money. & BIG money too eh, costs can range from anywhere between 10K-20K/dose, depending on the treatment options used. meem kno if they does feel like a bigshot or what.

Little do most of them know, ALL the exact same drugs they are spending so much money on, are available for literally free.

Just goes to show, people might have financial wealth from being business savvy, but that don't necessarily mean they smart

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » January 11th, 2021, 4:12 pm

@supercharged turbo. Thats unfortunate. The medical fraternity doesn't do enough as well to prevent/lunish these cases of clear conflict of interest. Even with the sawh case they dragging their foot. But irrespective the pm then said with her own words that it was wrong. So again it reinforces my point that if u have clear political biases that u shouldn't be in health care

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 11th, 2021, 4:44 pm

if allyuh knew some of the horror stories i know ppl went thru, both in public & private medical care allyuh might never go hospital again.

I saw a dr administer chemo on a patient literally up to the day he died, when even the man relatives could see he was dying in front their eyes, & the said dr was telling the man ", doh worry you go make it". the objective being, get the last dose in so you can get paid. bear in mind this patient in particular was stinkin rich, had a few hundred mil in cash & other assets to his play with up to the day he died

I know a woman who went in for a myomectomy in public hospital. they did a hystorectomy instead. Now that bad in, of & by itself, but what's worse is that she died from septicemia 9 days post op, leaving behind a then 7 year old orphaned daughter (father died in an accident not long after she was born). Apparently someone thought that the wad of gauze was fine where they left it, so they closed her up. poor girl blood was friggin green

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » January 11th, 2021, 10:54 pm

I think that last story made the local newspapers
88sins wrote:if allyuh knew some of the horror stories i know ppl went thru, both in public & private medical care allyuh might never go hospital again.

I saw a dr administer chemo on a patient literally up to the day he died, when even the man relatives could see he was dying in front their eyes, & the said dr was telling the man ", doh worry you go make it". the objective being, get the last dose in so you can get paid. bear in mind this patient in particular was stinkin rich, had a few hundred mil in cash & other assets to his play with up to the day he died

I know a woman who went in for a myomectomy in public hospital. they did a hystorectomy instead. Now that bad in, of & by itself, but what's worse is that she died from septicemia 9 days post op, leaving behind a then 7 year old orphaned daughter (father died in an accident not long after she was born). Apparently someone thought that the wad of gauze was fine where they left it, so they closed her up. poor girl blood was friggin green

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 12th, 2021, 1:39 am

yup i've witnessed first hand with close friends and family the madness that goes on with both private and public hospitals

1) a very big local contractor wife , using private hospital to make her child, started to bleed profusely and they then realize they dont have enough of her blood type to use to save her. load her up in a ambulance and send her mt hope where she died en route or at the hospital

2) gynecologist at a popular private medical place in st joseph advise a relative that she need to immediately spend 40k to remove her womb or else she could die
2nd opinion from public health gynecologist say he dont understand why that gynecologist would even recommend that, it dont make sense, how it have another much simpler surgery to solve the issue. she end up doing it through sando general and all is well

3) wife get sick a carnival 2 years ago, gone same medical place in st joseph. after about 15k in tests (admed, so it cost us $1000)_
they couldnt give us a diagnosis, nuff drips and iv panadol iymc

4) pops was getting extreme belly pain for a few days, went public hospital and a senior doctor there tell him its gastro, small thing. pain persist, he went another hospital and do a xray and some other tests and they realize his kidney was very badly swollen because i think the xray showed it was a much darker mass than its suppose to be.

5) father had dengue, brother had dengue, i come down with the same symptoms so i assume it was dengue, went mt hope to get checked out, doctor insist its not dengue (without doing blood test) and prime up a needle to give me a ibuprofen shot. now i ent a doctor but i know the adds on tv always say never take ibuprofen if you suspect you have dengue. i tell the doctor i dont want the shot, he get vex and ask me whos the doctor, him or me.

you know what you does call a doctor who graduate 1st in his class and a doctor who graduate last in his class? same thing. Doctor.

always always hadda go for a 2nd and 3rd opinion

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 12th, 2021, 6:49 am

Private hospitals are businesses first and foremost. I'm sure at shareholders meetings they don't discuss how much patients they save but how much profit they make.

My father in 2015 went to a GP on El Socorro Main Road who suspected a heart attack, the GP called me and gave us a letter for admission to hospital. My father say to go SAPH. Reached there showed them letter and thing. They put us in the waiting area. 1 hour later we still there not a doctor or even a accounts clerk come. I insisted we go Mt Hope. They started triage immediately, gave him blood thinner shot etc. After the angiogram turns out was up to 90% blockage in some vessels. He ended up doing quad bypass 2 weeks later. Not sure he would have made it had he stayed private.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 12th, 2021, 7:54 am

One of the major problems we have in this country wrt the medical profession, is a simple one.
You see that arrogance almost all medical professionas have? Is a really big bad serious problem. And it stems from their training. They are taught and told to be that way.
If a doctor cures you, he did nothing wrong, no problem there.
If he doesn't cure you, he's done nothing wrong, not his fault.
If he neglects some aspect of your care and you died as a result, he's done nothing wrong.
If he makes a mistake and you die, he's not responsible, is your condition kill you, not his fvckinup.

And wrt the medical board, don't get it twisted eh. They don't exist to safeguard the public, or the profession. They exist for one singular purpose. To protect each other. This is no joke.

Ask yourself this, and then do the research.
Of all the doctors that screwed up and killed or severely worsened their patients through the last 50 years, how many have actually had their licenses to practice medicine in Trinidad and Tobago revoked?

Lemme know what allyuh get.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 12th, 2021, 8:47 am

^ Down to 'Dr' Trevor Sayers still practicing, so go figure...

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 12th, 2021, 8:49 am

88sins wrote:One of the major problems we have in this country wrt the medical profession, is a simple one.
You see that arrogance almost all medical professionas have? Is a really big bad serious problem. And it stems from their training. They are taught and told to be that way.
If he neglects some aspect of your care and you died as a result, he's done nothing wrong.
If he makes a mistake and you die, he's not responsible, is your condition kill you, not his fvckinup.

And wrt the medical board, don't get it twisted eh. They don't exist to safeguard the public, or the profession. They exist for one singular purpose. To protect each other. This is no joke.

Of all the doctors that screwed up and killed or severely worsened their patients through the last 50 years, how many have actually had their licenses to practice medicine in Trinidad and Tobago revoked?

I'd love to know this as well.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 12th, 2021, 9:09 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:
88sins wrote:One of the major problems we have in this country wrt the medical profession, is a simple one.

I'd love to know this as well.

seek and ye shall not find
because that which ye seek doth not exist

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » January 12th, 2021, 9:51 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:yup i've witnessed first hand with close friends and family the madness that goes on with both private and public hospitals

1) a very big local contractor wife , using private hospital to make her child, started to bleed profusely and they then realize they dont have enough of her blood type to use to save her. load her up in a ambulance and send her mt hope where she died en route or at the hospital

2) gynecologist at a popular private medical place in st joseph advise a relative that she need to immediately spend 40k to remove her womb or else she could die
2nd opinion from public health gynecologist say he dont understand why that gynecologist would even recommend that, it dont make sense, how it have another much simpler surgery to solve the issue. she end up doing it through sando general and all is well

3) wife get sick a carnival 2 years ago, gone same medical place in st joseph. after about 15k in tests (admed, so it cost us $1000)_
they couldnt give us a diagnosis, nuff drips and iv panadol iymc

4) pops was getting extreme belly pain for a few days, went public hospital and a senior doctor there tell him its gastro, small thing. pain persist, he went another hospital and do a xray and some other tests and they realize his kidney was very badly swollen because i think the xray showed it was a much darker mass than its suppose to be.

5) father had dengue, brother had dengue, i come down with the same symptoms so i assume it was dengue, went mt hope to get checked out, doctor insist its not dengue (without doing blood test) and prime up a needle to give me a ibuprofen shot. now i ent a doctor but i know the adds on tv always say never take ibuprofen if you suspect you have dengue. i tell the doctor i dont want the shot, he get vex and ask me whos the doctor, him or me.

you know what you does call a doctor who graduate 1st in his class and a doctor who graduate last in his class? same thing. Doctor.

always always hadda go for a 2nd and 3rd opinion

#5 similar circumstances that cost my dad his life.

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » January 12th, 2021, 10:03 am

If I am seriously ill, I would prefer the Public Hospital.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 12th, 2021, 10:54 am

rebound wrote:If I am seriously ill, I would prefer the Public Hospital.

Pros and Cons.
My pops had a sudden and serious condition some years ago, happened at 1AM. Called Ambulance, they came quick - maybe 20-25 mins.
Took him to Couva Health Centre. Could not diagnose, so they took him to SFGH. We reached approx 3AM.
He was immobile, so we could not sit in a chair. He was in a trolley for over 18 hours, until we were able to get a bed, where he stayed for a couple weeks.

On the other hand, I know of at least one emergency delivery (childbirth) that the private system completely fcked, and the patient had to be sent to public in MT HOPE

No clear winner, tbh. Pick your poison

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 12th, 2021, 11:01 am

IMG_6210.JPG

Friends,

Our Commander and Chief is back out to work!

The Gods have blessed us once again.

The work must go on.....Trinis take note.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 12th, 2021, 12:38 pm

MaxPower wrote:IMG_6210.JPG

Friends,

Our Commander and Chief is back out to work!

The Gods have blessed us once again.

The work must go on.....Trinis take note.

The commander in Chief in T&T is the President.
Afaic all that one actually is is a overqualified ditch digger. he don't command squat.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”