Forums

Anyone interviewed at Heritage TT?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ByTheWay2000
Riding on 13's

Anyone interviewed at Heritage TT?

Postby ByTheWay2000 » December 12th, 2020, 1:17 pm

I'm an engineer and applied for the Graduate Trainee position and they scheduled an interview for me.
Does anyone know what the interview process is like and what kind of questions they ask?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: Anyone interviewed at Heritage TT?

Postby zoom rader » December 12th, 2020, 1:42 pm

YouTube behavioural interviewing questions

They may ask questions that start off with--- tell me about a time you did this or that or how you dealt with a difficult co worker

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » December 12th, 2020, 6:07 pm

Basically..

Also you most likely have more knowledge than the ppl interviewing you btw... Js

Can alway quote this msg next few months when u inside ;)
zoom rader wrote:YouTube behavioural interviewing questions

They may ask questions that start off with--- tell me about a time you did this or that or how you dealt with a difficult co worker

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » December 12th, 2020, 6:50 pm

I have been asked a few times in interviews what is my greatest strength and weakness. I respond that my sttength and weakness is my tendency to worry alot. Its a weakness because i tend to overanalyse things and put undue pressure on myself. But its also a strength as my tendency to worry makes me put in extra on a task to ensure that i have meet or exceed the expectations of my supervisor. Thats basically how an interview is. U selling yourself. So sell yourself well. But say things about yourself that makes u unique to the others amd leaves a lasting impression on the interview panel

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 12th, 2020, 6:55 pm

elec2020 wrote:I have been asked a few times in interviews what is my greatest strength and weakness. I respond that my sttength and weakness is my tendency to worry alot. Its a weakness because i tend to overanalyse things and put undue pressure on myself. But its also a strength as my tendency to worry makes me put in extra on a task to ensure that i have meet or exceed the expectations of my supervisor. Thats basically how an interview is. U selling yourself. So sell yourself well. But say things about yourself that makes u unique to the others amd leaves a lasting impression on the interview panel
Well you just failed .

The weakness question is for you to acknowledge that you have one and what you are doing to Improve on your weakest. It shows if you are willing to learn new stuff.

The Strength question is see how this became your strength and how you accomplished this.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » December 12th, 2020, 7:13 pm

OP, I'm giving you some hard advice here, for your development and to prepare for the interview. If you are applying for a Graduate Trainee position, you are not an engineer.

What you have, I presume, is a degree in engineering. This does not make you an engineer. The latter comes with years of experience, training, development and possibly mentoring. The degree you likely possess enables the path to become an engineer.

So, for your interview, be prepared to demonstrate that you have an ability to learn, develop and be trained and do not go in with a know it all attitude that you are an "engineer". With the latter attitude, you will not do well in the interview. With the former, blended with the demonstrated history of being able to successfully work in a team, you stand a better chance.

PM me of you would like to chat some more and get some tips to prepare for an engineer GIT position.
ByTheWay2000 wrote:I'm an engineer and applied for the Graduate Trainee position and they scheduled an interview for me.
Does anyone know what the interview process is like and what kind of questions they ask?

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » December 12th, 2020, 8:26 pm

zoom rader wrote:
elec2020 wrote:I have been asked a few times in interviews what is my greatest strength and weakness. I respond that my sttength and weakness is my tendency to worry alot. Its a weakness because i tend to overanalyse things and put undue pressure on myself. But its also a strength as my tendency to worry makes me put in extra on a task to ensure that i have meet or exceed the expectations of my supervisor. Thats basically how an interview is. U selling yourself. So sell yourself well. But say things about yourself that makes u unique to the others amd leaves a lasting impression on the interview panel
Well you just failed .

The weakness question is for you to acknowledge that you have one and what you are doing to Improve on your weakest. It shows if you are willing to learn new stuff.

The Strength question is see how this became your strength and how you accomplished this.

I only failed one interview in my life. And i have gotten 5 different jobs in my short life. Every time i was asked that same strength and weakness question. Every time i gave the same response. So 5/6 implies that my response to said question was sufficient.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 12th, 2020, 9:49 pm

Find out when the water treatment plant at LB gonna start working properly. Or when they gunna implement the changes the consultant suggested.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 16th, 2020, 2:22 pm

elec2020 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Well you just failed .

I only failed one interview in my life. And i have gotten 5 different jobs in my short life. Every time i was asked that same strength and weakness question. Every time i gave the same response. So 5/6 implies that my response to said question was sufficient.

It's best not to highlight that too much. Unless you're listing summer jobs as an OJT :lol: for instance, this jumping around shows potential instability, and lack of commitment.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » December 16th, 2020, 2:39 pm

^^ I worked a short while (maybe 1 or 3 years i will not specify how long) before doing CAPE. Another short while before doing my Bsc. Another short while before doing my Msc. A short intership after my Msc. And after that internship I was lucky to get a permanent job in another organization. I worked every time before pursing a higher level of education as, coming from a single parent home, I wanted to ease the financial burden. Given that I have plans to do a Phd i may end up having to find another new job after the fact.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 16th, 2020, 2:48 pm

elec2020 wrote:^^ I worked a short while (maybe 1 or 3 years i will not specify how long) before doing CAPE. Another short while before doing my Bsc. Another short while before doing my Msc. A short intership after my Msc. And after that internship I was lucky to get a permanent job in another organization. I worked every time before pursing a higher level of education as, coming from a single parent home, I wanted to ease the financial burden. Given that I have plans to do a Phd i may end up having to find another new job after the fact.
All dis and you still end up being an arse

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » December 16th, 2020, 2:50 pm

please have at least 7 perferabbly 10 yrs proper experience b4 that

too many .... way too many people with Phd/Dba with little or no experience - just pieces of paper

elec2020 wrote:Given that I have plans to do a Phd i may end up having to find another new job after the fact.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » December 16th, 2020, 2:52 pm

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » December 16th, 2020, 2:56 pm

death365 wrote:please have at least 7 perferabbly 10 yrs proper experience b4 that

too many .... way too many people with Phd/Dba with little or no experience - just pieces of paper

elec2020 wrote:Given that I have plans to do a Phd i may end up having to find another new job after the fact.

All in all i have at least 7 years (i don't wanna give to much clues to what my age is so i excluded details on how long i worked before my bsc and alevel) working experience (5 after my msc and 2 before my msc). apart from my first ever job all my employment has been in the same field (which also bodes well for me). so i should be good if i decide to do a phd. I may decide to do one depending on what the next elections says. I think that elections will give a good indication of what will happen in tnt over the next 10 years. and as a result should i do one part time and stay in tnt or do it full time abroad and try to stay abroad. Your advise however is noted.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 16th, 2020, 3:18 pm

elec2020 wrote:
death365 wrote:please have at least 7 perferabbly 10 yrs proper experience b4 that

All in all i have at least 7 years (i don't wanna give to much clues to what my age is so i excluded details on how long i worked before my bsc and alevel) working experience (5 after my msc and 2 before my msc). apart from my first ever job all my employment has been in the same field (which also bodes well for me). so i should be good if i decide to do a phd. I may decide to do one depending on what the next elections says. I think that elections will give a good indication of what will happen in tnt over the next 10 years. and as a result should i do one part time and stay in tnt or do it full time abroad and try to stay abroad. Your advise however is noted.

Makes you more appealing to the ladies huh? :roll:
Like I said, it shows lack of commitment.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » December 16th, 2020, 3:20 pm

De Dragon wrote:
elec2020 wrote:

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 16th, 2020, 3:21 pm

elec2020 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
elec2020 wrote:

Add lack of maturity :roll:

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » December 16th, 2020, 3:24 pm

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » December 16th, 2020, 3:45 pm

elec2020 wrote:

Masters in what..

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » December 16th, 2020, 3:57 pm

economics. if you are interested the degree focused heavily on mathematics (micro economics, macro economics and econometrics are all studied in the programme and all require a good knowledge of principles in advanced mathematics). once u good in maths you will gt

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » December 16th, 2020, 6:24 pm

lol ah nex man make out this clown elec2020 with he masters from Saint Regis University where he intends to studiously persue his PHD.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » December 16th, 2020, 6:28 pm

I think i proved my high level of understanding when i showed someone step by step why the imf's stress testing results for tnt were questionable. And should not be taken as gospel. But hey what ever floats your boat.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » December 16th, 2020, 6:43 pm

elec2020 wrote:^^ I worked a short while (maybe 1 or 3 years i will not specify how long) before doing CAPE. Another short while before doing my Bsc. Another short while before doing my Msc. A short intership after my Msc. And after that internship I was lucky to get a permanent job in another organization. I worked every time before pursing a higher level of education as, coming from a single parent home, I wanted to ease the financial burden. Given that I have plans to do a Phd i may end up having to find another new job after the fact.

The only thing you'll get with that is lecturing where you'll end up training another bunch of future lecturers. Best to quit while you're ahead and get a permanent govt job or go into consultancy

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » December 16th, 2020, 6:50 pm

It depends eh. For instance I am in finance. And in finance they like people with phd to their names. Those people often on the fast track to promotions before u as to investors it looks good to have a management team comrpised of those with high level education. And honestly speaking imo finance is a field that pays well and has higher than average levels of job security. For example. During the covid period which financial institution cut staff? So thats my opinion. Whether or not i follow through with it in 2025 is another thing as honestly i was fed up with studying when i finished my msc. Still your advise is duly noted.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 16th, 2020, 9:14 pm

Do a phd in finding 10 mm sockets or where they go.

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » December 16th, 2020, 9:57 pm

When given the opportunity to ask questions to the panel, like 2/3 of the way through the interview, always ask something.

Ask what a typical day in the position would look like. Or how would the panel would define as success in that position while executing your duties. Ask what opportunities for further training and mentorship exist in that position.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 17th, 2020, 10:11 am

ProtonPowder wrote:When given the opportunity to ask questions to the panel, like 2/3 of the way through the interview, always ask something.

Ask what a typical day in the position would look like. Or how would the panel would define as success in that position while executing your duties. Ask what opportunities for further training and mentorship exist in that position.

Never ask about salary and benefits at this stage, never.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » December 17th, 2020, 10:12 am

But is de morney ah wha know bout fadda

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 17th, 2020, 10:17 am

De Dragon wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:When given the opportunity to ask questions to the panel, like 2/3 of the way through the interview, always ask something.

Trinidad is backward banana republic.

In the UK and Europe when they advertise a job they will state a range of salary with the job. It's up to you if you want to apply for that pay range.

Here is like a secret.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » December 17th, 2020, 10:53 am

That's called good corporate governance, that na be in sweet T&T since '56 to now
zoom rader wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Trinidad is backward banana republic.

In the UK and Europe when they advertise a job they will state a range of salary with the job. It's up to you if you want to apply for that pay range.

Here is like a secret.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”