Forums

Funding Cepep as important as awarding scholarships

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Funding Cepep as important as awarding scholarships

Postby Dizzy28 » December 3rd, 2020, 11:39 am

DTAC wrote:Scholarships are an investment in the future. CEPEP is a stay-put mechanism.

Scholarships being paid for by Govnt should be an investment in Trinidad's future. It's not currently set up that way.

Since 2005 the Govnt has been working with identified mandated sectors and industries for diversification. Scholarships and our GATE system should have tied in with these sectors. Just because you are the 500 smartest children in one academic year doesn't mean you should you get free tertiary education with stipends etc.

As much as I hate to use it as an example, the Trini national killed in the Al Shabab attack in Kenya - Ravi Ramrattan. His biography never had him working Trinidad at any time after finishing his studies in the UK which was done on an Open Schol. How did that investment help us (even if he repaid it, there was an opportunity cost in someone who would have actually come back being denied)

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 3rd, 2020, 12:01 pm

DTAC wrote:Scholarships are an investment in the future. CEPEP is a stay-put mechanism.

try this

First give a motivated child a scholarship and not give his parents a job, and while he in school trying to learn while he hungry see how much he retains of what's taught.

Then give a parent with a motivated child that cepep job so they can feed their kid, then allow the child to learn the same work the scholar recipient learning but on his own with encouragement and assistance from the parent, and see what happens.

kinda need both to some degree, but it shouldn't be long term. and some ppl actually prefer that than a regular day job. They like how they done work by 10-11 at the latest and could go home & scratch the rest of the day

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 3rd, 2020, 2:15 pm

i think he meant right now ppl who got laid off due to the pandemic need something in the mean time till this crisis is over- ppl who work in bars which not allowed to open except for takeaway & restaurants who had dining in banned or limited

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » December 3rd, 2020, 5:56 pm

88sins wrote:

try this

First give a motivated child a scholarship and not give his parents a job, and while he in school trying to learn while he hungry see how much he retains of what's taught.

Then give a parent with a motivated child that cepep job so they can feed their kid, then allow the child to learn the same work the scholar recipient learning but on his own with encouragement and assistance from the parent, and see what happens.

kinda need both to some degree, but it shouldn't be long term. and some ppl actually prefer that than a regular day job. They like how they done work by 10-11 at the latest and could go home & scratch the rest of the day

I live below my means, I honestly would probably be happier working cepep and getting home early and having time to work on personal projects than my 8-4 in the ministry. Lots of potential in that program if its shifted in the direction of sustainable agriculture, ie composting, orchard management, agroforestry etc.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 3rd, 2020, 8:00 pm

I see ppl complain about wastage of tax dollars.
Consider how much hundreds of millions wasting beyond public servant salary because they can't do covid testing properly and keep track of peoples results.

Have ppl home with full pay for 6 or 7 months since March.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » December 3rd, 2020, 8:39 pm

Is it the fault of the scholarship winners and what not if they don't get a commensurate job here?

If they get one (a job) abroad wouldn't that mean they are valued there and not here?

Shouldn't the real question be why we can't get jobs for the better qualified and the one's whose education we funded?

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » December 3rd, 2020, 8:53 pm

Why should you be awareded a scholarship and leave to go overseas to work and live?

Why should this country continue to educate people who leave and head overseas?

If you so want to be educated to better your life then fund your studies privately.

As long as you are funded by the state then your services should be utilized by the country.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » December 3rd, 2020, 10:47 pm

I don't think that was the point, if the state provided scholarships and the folks come back and many do they find that they can't get jobs within the state at that point the state is at fault, you knew how many scholarships you gave out shouldn't you have a follow up plan?

Those who do serve have one of 2/3 experiences generally, the work they are handed out is not to their level and or after the 2-3 year contract they don't get any sort of renewal so they leave or go to the private sector, or they just never get hired at all.

One guy said when e came back he did get placed within the government sector but he was effectively clerical.

Another was educated at UWI Med, then got a scholarship to study abroad and did so and completed some level of work there but on account of having a young family he came back, he tried to get a job with the public sector but to no avail he was able to get a job in the private health care sector and he (I think) works at a public facility on contract.

I don't think any young graduate would turn down the opportunity to work here, I'm sure they would sign a contract on accepting the scholarship that mandated they return and work but again the responsibility falls to the government to provide the placement.

The scholarship isn't to work and live though, it's to study and gain an education.

The whole point about leaving and going overseas it more due to the lack of opportunities here and the fact that more advanced levels of skills, experience and education may be valued more abroad or there are greater opportunities over there.

I'm not in dis-agreement with returning your skill to the state, I agree I think it's a good thing.

Shouldn't the real question be why we can't get jobs for the better qualified and the one's whose education we funded?

If you don't want to be bothered with job placement I guess you can go to an individually funded system and let the person do (fund) it themselves.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 3rd, 2020, 11:29 pm

elec2020 wrote:I stated that I became eligible to vote in 2010 but did not as I was uninformed about what was going on in TnT. I voted PNM in 2015 as it was clear as day that UNC was in a mess and COP were a bunch of sellouts. What else should I have done in 2015 ZR. Vote for a party where every week there was news about impropriety? I did not vote in 2020 as no one made sense. There is a method to my voting actions. If i am such a PNM supporter why did i not vote for the last GE? Why am i constantly throwing support for Mickela? So once u vote one party that's it for life? You being a hypocrite. Cause u keep screaming that people need to change their voting patterns. And when I did exactly that you on my case. Anyway why should i care about what a racist, narcist has to say.

Ah boy Red Plastic Bag's how to support the PNM but appear "on the fence" lessons 101 have paid handsomely in this tadpole

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » December 4th, 2020, 2:42 am

The amount of tax payer dollars that gets siphoned through these cpep is staggering. Real corruption

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 4th, 2020, 7:09 am

Numb3r4 wrote:I don't think that was the point, if the state provided scholarships and the folks come back and many do they find that they can't get jobs within the state at that point the state is at fault, you knew how many scholarships you gave out shouldn't you have a follow up plan?

Those who do serve have one of 2/3 experiences generally, the work they are handed out is not to their level and or after the 2-3 year contract they don't get any sort of renewal so they leave or go to the private sector, or they just never get hired at all.

One guy said when e came back he did get placed within the government sector but he was effectively clerical.

Another was educated at UWI Med, then got a scholarship to study abroad and did so and completed some level of work there but on account of having a young family he came back, he tried to get a job with the public sector but to no avail he was able to get a job in the private health care sector and he (I think) works at a public facility on contract.

I don't think any young graduate would turn down the opportunity to work here, I'm sure they would sign a contract on accepting the scholarship that mandated they return and work but again the responsibility falls to the government to provide the placement.

The scholarship isn't to work and live though, it's to study and gain an education.

The whole point about leaving and going overseas it more due to the lack of opportunities here and the fact that more advanced levels of skills, experience and education may be valued more abroad or there are greater opportunities over there.

I'm not in dis-agreement with returning your skill to the state, I agree I think it's a good thing.

If you don't want to be bothered with job placement I guess you can go to an individually funded system and let the person do (fund) it themselves.
They does hadda put up collateral and thing as far as I hear.

Like parents hadda sign as guarantor on the "loan" (because the schol is basically a loan) in case the student decide he eh coming back.

Not 100% sure about that one tho

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 4th, 2020, 7:14 am

The whole thing online

www.scholarships.gov.tt › docsPDF
Web results
Understanding Your Scholarship Agreement - Scholarship and Advanced ...

Screenshot_20201204-071533_Drive.jpeg
Screenshot_20201204-071441_Drive.jpeg
Screenshot_20201204-071410_Drive.jpeg
Screenshot_20201204-071337_Drive.jpeg

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 4th, 2020, 7:17 am

That aside.

Cepep really have some nice corruption. The person with the contract does make a nice profit per month and there's all sort of arrangements and kickbacks. Plenty ministers kids and families have cepep contracts but I guess that's one of the reasons and benefits of backing your party.

Corruption exists every where in the world.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 4th, 2020, 8:00 am

You all have to understand that the Red Government way of practicing and thinking is to de-educate the population and the non red government people .

To many free thinkers are around and a danger to the Red Government.

First they kill off energy & Chemical Industries with thousands of Job loses as we have seen.

Then they attack education to lessen an educated population which is mainly non Red Government people .

They are placing a glass ceiling on the Non Red Government folk , they what you all to be like those in the Beetham, Laventille and east west corridor.

We have now been set back by 50 years , its like they want another cane cutting community of obedient workers who will not question the Status quo and just take what ever is pushed in their faces.

We will soon be an island of Store Clerks, Waiters & Cepep workers.

Yet still Kants on tuners fail to seen this

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 4th, 2020, 8:21 am

^ ZR meant to post this exact post in two different threads?

Had to recheck that I didn't open the same thread twice!!

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 4th, 2020, 8:30 am

Dizzy28 wrote:^ ZR meant to post this exact post in two different threads?

Had to recheck that I didn't open the same thread twice!!
Nah not the same, check agian

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 4th, 2020, 11:13 pm

I now remember a dred contract a neighbour had. His wife was unc health Minister sister, a longggg time ago.

They had a contract to give work to displaced/homeless persons to pick up plastic bottles. They were suppose to hire 20 people . Contract was like 30k a month.

You know the man and his son and one piper use to go out and pick up the bottles.

I guess probably the one piper alone use to do all the work.

They probably pay he a small money and pocket the lions share.

Talk about corruption

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » December 5th, 2020, 1:29 am

Imagine slacking off and playing the f0k in secondary school and then you still getting GATE.

And then imagine you grind and buss book for 7 years and get a scholarship, and you telling me both people have to stay to pay back the gobbament?

Yeah the one who get it free should have to pay it back, but scholarship don't happen overnight.
(Unless your name is A.P.)

Scholarship winners or rather "earners" should be allowed to do wtf they want.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » December 5th, 2020, 4:11 am

Blaze d Chalice wrote:Imagine slacking off and playing the f0k in secondary school and then you still getting GATE.

And then imagine you grind and buss book for 7 years and get a scholarship, and you telling me both people have to stay to pay back the gobbament?

Yeah the one who get it free should have to pay it back, but scholarship don't happen overnight.
(Unless your name is A.P.)

Scholarship winners or rather "earners" should be allowed to do wtf they want.

Since when a scholarship is a reward for grinding book? Since when govt is obligated to provide tertiary education for free? Education worldwide is a private undertaking. Some of alluh really clueless.

You grind book for 7 years and let your parents reward you for the excellence. Why my tax dollars must fund you? Where are your parents?

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » December 5th, 2020, 8:35 am

nemisis wrote:Too add to this a lot of these people on cepep are low to no skill. That's a reality that cannot change any time soon. Better they are managed than left up to their own devices. This is a problem that needed to be fixed 20 -30 years ago.

But after even up to now this problem still hasn’t been fixed. Cepep is simply a way for PNM to funnel money to its supporters.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 5th, 2020, 10:33 am

toyota2nr wrote:
nemisis wrote:Too add to this a lot of these people on cepep are low to no skill. That's a reality that cannot change any time soon. Better they are managed than left up to their own devices. This is a problem that needed to be fixed 20 -30 years ago.

But after even up to now this problem still hasn’t been fixed. Cepep is simply a way for PNM to funnel money to its supporters.

Yes
Because cepep allocations dropped to zero under tanty Kamla. :roll: :roll:
In what year was CEPEPs highest allocation?

It’s a equal opportunity racket...for any govt to push money towards their people....and if you feel the real money going to the workers you would be wrong.

It’s a make work program where the target group gets less than 30% of the spend.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 5th, 2020, 11:04 am

Redman wrote:
toyota2nr wrote:

Yes

It’s a equal opportunity racket...for any govt to push money towards their people....and if you feel the real money going to the workers you would be wrong.

It’s a make work program where the target group gets less than 30% of the spend.
If so , why don't you advocate to scrap Cepep and the massive racket under your red Goverment.

You never speak out on the corruption coming from your red Goverment

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 5th, 2020, 12:23 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:I now remember a dred contract a neighbour had. His wife was unc health Minister sister, a longggg time ago.

They had a contract to give work to displaced/homeless persons to pick up plastic bottles. They were suppose to hire 20 people . Contract was like 30k a month.

You know the man and his son and one piper use to go out and pick up the bottles.

I guess probably the one piper alone use to do all the work.

They probably pay he a small money and pocket the lions share.

Talk about corruption

hoss i know is serious topic but i LOL'ed while reading dat .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 5th, 2020, 1:06 pm

toyota2nr wrote:

But after even up to now this problem still hasn’t been fixed. Cepep is simply a way for PNM to funnel money to its criminal supporters.

Fixed it for you

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 5th, 2020, 5:11 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Redman wrote:
toyota2nr wrote:

Yes

If so , why don't you advocate to scrap Cepep and the massive racket under your red Goverment.

Why is what I’m doing or not doing such a concern to you?

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » December 5th, 2020, 5:28 pm

^ he is a pyscophant. Can't reason with individuals like that. Idk if u realise but more and more people ignoring his rants these days.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 5th, 2020, 5:32 pm

Redman wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Redman wrote:
toyota2nr wrote:

Yes

It shows how one sided you are .

You let every currupt practise slide with your red Goverment. Then you turn it around and follow your leader in blaming kams.

Tuners are yet to see you point out the flaws and mis management of your red Goverment.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 5th, 2020, 6:13 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Redman wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Redman wrote:
toyota2nr wrote:

Yes

You let every currupt practise slide with your red Goverment. Then you turn it around and follow your leader in blaming kams.

Tuners are yet to see you point out the flaws and mis management of your red Goverment.

This coming from you is too rich.

its a good thing you are here to point out all the imbalances.

:roll:

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » December 5th, 2020, 6:31 pm

^ agreed. Tuner would fall into chaos without the racist narcissism from ZR

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 5th, 2020, 6:38 pm

Redman wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Redman wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Redman wrote:
toyota2nr wrote:

Yes

This coming from you is too rich.

its a good thing you are here to point out all the imbalances.

:roll:
Non red Goverments not in power and they not important.

However your red Goverment is in power and every detail of dem needs to be questioned.
Last edited by zoom rader on December 5th, 2020, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”