Forums

Funding Cepep as important as awarding scholarships

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Mirage
Ricer

Funding Cepep as important as awarding scholarships

Postby Mirage » December 3rd, 2020, 7:20 am

INCREASING funding to Cepep is part of government’s social support programme and is just as important as awarding a scholarship to the brightest child in the class, according to the Prime Minister.

Dr Rowley came out swinging in defence of government’s contentious decision to increase spending on the Community-Based Environmental Protection and Enhancement Programme Company (Cepep) even as it reduced allocations to education

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/12/03/pm-fun ... olarships/

I'm really struggling with his point of view.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: Funding Cepep as important as awarding scholarships

Postby zoom rader » December 3rd, 2020, 7:27 am

Jah bless Rowley , black man must find his place .

All non black folk should be in school by however means

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 3rd, 2020, 7:31 am

cepep helps immediately feed the lower income/ no income families in Trinidad. money coming in every 2 weeks

scholarship eh feeding nobody immediately.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » December 3rd, 2020, 7:45 am

Too add to this a lot of these people on cepep are low to no skill. That's a reality that cannot change any time soon. Better they are managed than left up to their own devices. This is a problem that needed to be fixed 20 -30 years ago.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » December 3rd, 2020, 8:25 am

yes this should have been fixed a long long time ago ... but i personally know a few people who were working urp , then cepep and went to school and are successful now ones a lawyer and the others work in offices

nemisis wrote:Too add to this a lot of these people on cepep are low to no skill. That's a reality that cannot change any time soon. Better they are managed than left up to their own devices. This is a problem that needed to be fixed 20 -30 years ago.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 3rd, 2020, 8:36 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:cepep helps immediately feed the lower income/ no income families in Trinidad. money coming in every 2 weeks

Jobs were not in short supply when Cepep was formed. We have all heard about the issues low wage jobs had in attracting possible workers. The CEO of Pizza Boys Groups a few years ago in the Business Guardian said he would hire 200 ppl immediately if he could get them, all other service based industries perpetually had vacancy signs up.

Cepep artificially skewed an already small workforce size wherein ppl only needed to "work" a few hours a day to get 8hrs of salary. So we have had successive years of less than 5% unemployment, nothing was done to address any labour supply issue and now a contracted economy.

Lower income families can be fed if they so choose to without what amounted to essentially a handout.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » December 3rd, 2020, 8:50 am

CEPEP has replaced URP?

URP was the mechanism to help bridge employment. I think it was supposed to be short/fixed term but people made careers out of it.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 3rd, 2020, 8:55 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:CEPEP has replaced URP?

URP was the mechanism to help bridge employment. I think it was supposed to be short/fixed term but people made careers out of it.
Goes all the way back to 10 days and dwed.

Only red Goverment supporters got those jobs.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 3rd, 2020, 8:59 am

Poor ppl getting something is the sideffect of CEPEP. Its main aim is to reward party hacks.
One of my good friends wife works for an accountant in Tacarigua that does the accountancy for a number of CEPEP contractors. Apart from the fact some ppl out there have multiple contracts they also make quite a nice living. And some of the clients names very surprising.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » December 3rd, 2020, 9:02 am

The road to election 2025 looking as smooth as the nation's roads, except it shall be adorned with painted stones.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » December 3rd, 2020, 9:06 am

men like elec and reddo supports this wastage of tax dollars, it is value for money like swimming pools for bandits.
Watch at how much trillions poured into URP and CEPEP since they inception and how much gangs an murders it fuelled yet somehow kamala 3-4 years of corruption outpaces this.
who said you can't fool fools all the time, lol.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » December 3rd, 2020, 9:27 am

daxt0r wrote:men like elec and reddo supports this wastage of tax dollars, it is value for money like swimming pools for bandits.
Watch at how much trillions poured into URP and CEPEP since they inception and how much gangs an murders it fuelled yet somehow kamala 3-4 years of corruption outpaces this.

please indicate where i have stated that i am a supporter of PNM? or is it because i do not support UNC/PEP i am immediately deemed a pnm supporter. if so:

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 3rd, 2020, 9:33 am

All yuh just want to fight down de Blackman wuk.

Injun done getting education, leave Cepep for red Goverment people nah.

Everybody have to live and find an equal place.

Blackman =cutting grass, garbage collection
Vene =store clerk, sales
Injun = Doctar, Engineer , lawyah
1% = Elite Bussiness & Scum

Caste system is in full place in TT

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 3rd, 2020, 10:12 am

elec2020 wrote:
daxt0r wrote:men like elec and reddo supports this wastage of tax dollars, it is value for money like swimming pools for bandits.

please indicate where i have stated that i am a supporter of PNM? or is it because i do not support UNC/PEP i am immediately deemed a pnm supporter. if so:

https://www.trinituner.com/v4/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10067236#p10067236

There so now shut da Fvck up as you have voted the Red goverment.

Voting means you support the red Goverment

Dumb kant

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 3rd, 2020, 10:38 am

So Zoombindranath you saying that once you voted PNM at anytime in your life you cant change?

If you didnt vote PNM does that make you a smart kant?

Ive Voted UNC COP and the PNM

Ive contributed to all 3.

What exactly is your concern with how people vote- how do you vote?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 3rd, 2020, 10:48 am

Redman wrote:So Zoombindranath you saying that once you voted PNM at anytime in your life you cant change?

If you didnt vote PNM does that make you a smart kant?

Ive Voted UNC COP and the PNM

Ive contributed to all 3.

What exactly is your concern with how people vote- how do you vote?
I never voted the red Goverment.

I never been to Jail or convicted

So my record remains clean

Elec2020 should have shut his arse

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 3rd, 2020, 10:54 am

What does his vote-and yours have to to with the content or accuracy of what he posted.

You never voting PNM or making a jail means what in the context of your record remaining clean?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 3rd, 2020, 11:00 am

In current pandemic times....all them companies firing people like peas...
Reallll ppl have no work and no income.

Cepep could fill the void for now.
What immediate benefit giving a scholarship doing?
Dizzy28 wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:cepep helps immediately feed the lower income/ no income families in Trinidad. money coming in every 2 weeks

Jobs were not in short supply when Cepep was formed. We have all heard about the issues low wage jobs had in attracting possible workers. The CEO of Pizza Boys Groups a few years ago in the Business Guardian said he would hire 200 ppl immediately if he could get them, all other service based industries perpetually had vacancy signs up.

Cepep artificially skewed an already small workforce size wherein ppl only needed to "work" a few hours a day to get 8hrs of salary. So we have had successive years of less than 5% unemployment, nothing was done to address any labour supply issue and now a contracted economy.

Lower income families can be fed if they so choose to without what amounted to essentially a handout.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 3rd, 2020, 11:01 am

Redman wrote:What does his vote-and yours have to to with the content or accuracy of what he posted.

You never voting PNM or making a jail means what in the context of your record remaining clean?
Voting for the red Goverment shows your dense state of mind and how guilable you was in your thinking patten.

Once you voted the red Goverment and now looking to vote non red Goverment then you need to be born again.

Let the Pundit perform a puja on you and be clean. Shiva bless

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 3rd, 2020, 11:03 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:In current pandemic times....all them companies firing people like peas...

Dizzy28 wrote:

But max said fire a Trini , hire a vene

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » December 3rd, 2020, 11:04 am

I stated that I became eligible to vote in 2010 but did not as I was uninformed about what was going on in TnT. I voted PNM in 2015 as it was clear as day that UNC was in a mess and COP were a bunch of sellouts. What else should I have done in 2015 ZR. Vote for a party where every week there was news about impropriety? I did not vote in 2020 as no one made sense. There is a method to my voting actions. If i am such a PNM supporter why did i not vote for the last GE? Why am i constantly throwing support for Mickela? So once u vote one party that's it for life? You being a hypocrite. Cause u keep screaming that people need to change their voting patterns. And when I did exactly that you on my case. Anyway why should i care about what a racist, narcist has to say.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » December 3rd, 2020, 11:06 am

what going to jail have to do with anything? who tell u i ever gone to jail? so wait because i voted pnm once in my life i had to have gone to jail before. Is that what you are saying? HA! U my friend are a colossal jack____.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 3rd, 2020, 11:07 am

Well yes for now it could act as stop gap social welfare scheme (however it also might be cheaper to administer social welfare via the actual social welfare mechanisms than allow contractors to earn a profit margin on each cepep contract)
However in general I was speaking on the 18 years of CEPEP programme. We really needed it during the years of greatest economic prosperity this country ever saw??

Phone Surgeon wrote:In current pandemic times....all them companies firing people like peas...

Dizzy28 wrote:

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 3rd, 2020, 11:08 am

elec2020 wrote:I stated that I became eligible to vote in 2010 but did not as I was uninformed about what was going on in TnT. I voted PNM in 2015 as it was clear as day that UNC was in a mess and COP were a bunch of sellouts. What else should I have done in 2015 ZR. Vote for a party where every week there was news about impropriety? I did not vote in 2020 as no one made sense. There is a method to my voting actions. If i am such a PNM supporter why did i not vote for the last GE? Why am i constantly throwing support for Mickela? So once u vote one party that's it for life? You being a hypocrite. Cause u keep screaming that people need to change their voting patterns. And when I did exactly that you on my case. Anyway why should i care about what a racist, narcist has to say.
Get a puja done bro, confession is good for the soul.

See Eliteauto he's knows good baabas

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 3rd, 2020, 11:15 am

elec2020 wrote:what going to jail have to do with anything? who tell u i ever gone to jail? so wait because i voted pnm once in my life i had to have gone to jail before. Is that what you are saying? HA! U my friend are a colossal jack____.
When you apply for a job they sometime require a police cert.

Vote for a non red Goverment and back ground checks need to be made, need to see your behaviour as what kind of character you are.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 3rd, 2020, 11:17 am

cepep suppose to be a temp wuk not a full time or a career ...

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 3rd, 2020, 11:17 am

You run your business having to think in different time lines- short medium and long term-however defined.
And you are sometimes required to weigh one against the other.

In the Govt context..
Scholarships and CEPEP are important in different ways to different segments of society-and there is overlap.

Its fashionable to parse out every statement and find a context that makes the statement incorrect/unjust etc.
Its stupid- but fashionable.

See ZRs comments.

Dizzy28 wrote:

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 3rd, 2020, 11:21 am

Rovin wrote:cepep suppose to be a temp wuk not a full time or a career ...
It's a con job

Workers are temps but not the contractor.

People need assistance and you can't just give them money like an employment benifit, so let dem do a lil wuk.

Intention was a good idea but the contractors are the skull men

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » December 3rd, 2020, 11:32 am

Scholarships are an investment in the future. CEPEP is a stay-put mechanism.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 3rd, 2020, 11:37 am

who second account is this bai?

n e who, taking the troll food; scholarship winners tend to move out of the country and cepep people tend to vote and campaign and rent-a-crowd according to their foreman.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”