TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

What common items can you order online that will be cheaper than if bought locally - including all charges

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

dogg
Riding on 17's

What common items can you order online that will be cheaper than if bought locally - including all charges

Postby dogg » November 27th, 2020, 1:25 pm

My wife's favourite soap is no longer available at Pricesmart. And it's almost twice the price at Pennywise.

On checking, I realised that it can be bought for a cheaper price - including charges - online. So I got to thinking there must be many more items I can buy online and save some moeny.

Have you come across any products that will be cheaper if bought online? With all charges included?

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Re: What common items can you order online that will be cheaper than if bought locally - including all charges

Postby Strugglerzinc » November 27th, 2020, 1:43 pm

I buy almost everything online except food and things I need immediately and it is 95% always cheaper.

Clothes, car stuff, hardware, shoes. All with the added benefit of getting exactly what you want delivered to you.

dogg
Riding on 17's

Re: What common items can you order online that will be cheaper than if bought locally - including all charges

Postby dogg » November 27th, 2020, 1:45 pm

Strugglerzinc wrote:I buy almost everything online except food and things I need immediately and it is 95% always cheaper.

Clothes, car stuff, hardware, shoes. All with the added benefit of getting exactly what you want delivered to you.

clothes and shoes?? what if they don't fit? Online sizes vary so much, I got burnt a couple times with that.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » November 27th, 2020, 1:50 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
dogg wrote:
Strugglerzinc wrote:I buy almost everything online except food and things I need immediately and it is 95% always cheaper.

clothes and shoes?? what if they don't fit? Online sizes vary so much, I got burnt a couple times with that.

Does not happen to me very often as I buy only certain brands that I'm familiar with, however a skybox with a return policy helps.

I'm on my 4th Skechers work shoes. Try explaining to the local skechers stores you want a steel tip work shoes and see what happens.

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » November 27th, 2020, 1:54 pm

Lots of stuff OP, you just have to factor frequent price changes, risk factor with warranty/defects/false advertising and such depending on the store, postal service and item. I actually find big retailers here like pricesmart and pennywise good with some prices to make it worth local purchase.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 27th, 2020, 2:36 pm

I buy almost everything online, even if it is significantly more expensive.

The service from online shopping especially with my Amazon Prime account is impeccable.

I am no longer tolerating disgusting Trini customer service.

Any items outside that will be purchased through 1% establishments, chinese shops and the very few local businesses with great service.

People have a right to choose.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 27th, 2020, 2:55 pm

When we have something thats comparatively cheaper and made locally i will support our local markets
whenever i can.
We have alot of locally made items that are very durable and last, and then we have those things which are not the best and even though cheaper to buy here dont last at all, I wish i could support more of our local clothing companies, but its hard whn you alot of the items you buy from abroad, wash better, stay good longer and dont stretch our or shrink after 5 times being in the dryer.

I have clothes from 7 years ago that still fit and look like new - but all imported. :oops:

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 27th, 2020, 3:05 pm

just bought a ninja air fryer grill from hand arnold website 25% sale
def cheaper locally
who looking for ninja blenders should check them

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » November 27th, 2020, 3:07 pm

Almost everything we buy is online. With the exception of groceries and most toiletries. Major Appliances and TV (when needed which is not frequently) are local primarily for warranty and as I don't want to chance buying these in case of damage or a dud.

In almost all cases it's cheaper.

I hate shopping around. Too much stress driving all over looking for a deal.

I hear what you say OP about supporting local, but Trini customer service and after sales service sucks, so even if cheaper, I won't even buy local due to those two factors.

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » November 27th, 2020, 3:09 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:When we have something thats comparatively cheaper and made locally i will support our local markets
whenever i can.
We have alot of locally made items that are very durable and last, and then we have those things which are not the best and even though cheaper to buy here dont last at all, I wish i could support more of our local clothing companies, but its hard whn you alot of the items you buy from abroad, wash better, stay good longer and dont stretch our or shrink after 5 times being in the dryer.

I have clothes from 7 years ago that still fit and look like new - but all imported. :oops:

I dunno man, I bought six 3packs of boxers from rattans 8 years ago that I still use. $25 per 3 pack.

But then I bought a dozen polo shirts at Gap at a Florida mall and they all frayed away in a less than a year.
Last edited by dogg on November 27th, 2020, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScHoolboySoloQ
Trinituner Peong

Postby ScHoolboySoloQ » November 27th, 2020, 3:10 pm

Vape.

1. Locals never have what I want.
2. They like to hype up certain brands.
3. It is cheaper to buy online.
4. Those guys are knowitalls and I dont have time to be told which one is better than which I HAVE MY PREFERENCE!

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 27th, 2020, 3:19 pm

I would love to support locals but they must improve their customer service and be competitive with the online shopping experience.

Its like i wont even go into Pennywise even if things were free to go through that piss poor service.

Alot of business fail to realize that people are gladly going elsewhere and paying more only because of a better service.

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » November 27th, 2020, 3:25 pm

dogg wrote:
MaxPower wrote:I would love to support locals but they must improve their customer service and be competitive with the online shopping experience.

Its like i wont even go into Pennywise even if things were free to go through that piss poor service.

Alot of business fail to realize that people are gladly going elsewhere and paying more only because of a better service.

I shop at pennywise as much as I can TBH. They do a LOT of charity work that isn't publicized. I know that FIRST HAND. I talking about the owners and immediate family doing the manual work.
Last edited by dogg on November 27th, 2020, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » November 27th, 2020, 3:27 pm

double post

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » November 27th, 2020, 3:28 pm

double dogg

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 27th, 2020, 3:50 pm

Clothes and shoes on sale, shipped thru seabox.
Works out lower than local.
Car parts too, to some extent.

Toys, not so much works out close.
Electronics, it depends.

With random re-valuing done by customs it's pretty much a crapshoot on anything I mentioned above.

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » November 27th, 2020, 4:05 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:Clothes and shoes on sale, shipped thru seabox.

Electronics, it depends.

With random re-valuing done by customs it's pretty much a crapshoot on anything I mentioned above.

Clothes and shoes? What if they don't fit? I've had issues with that in the past.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 27th, 2020, 4:09 pm

was cheaper for me to buy thermal paste for tt$60 from amazon, than to drive up westmorings to buy it at tt$97

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » November 27th, 2020, 4:11 pm

I barely buy local. During the lockdown i wanted to test my hand in baking. And things like a bread maker, proper pizza trays and baking trays u hadda pay out the nose for it. For example a store quote me 150 for a tray to bake 12 muffins in. Madness. I only buy groceries and pharmacy items in tnt. Businessmen and women too greedy. Down to work clothes i used to buy online. Van heusen never on sale and some places charging u 200 tt for a shirt that selling online for 18 US. While the customs and skybox fees does hurt sometimes i quicker buy most of my stuff on amazon. Another example i bought an office chair on amazon which all together came up to about 1800. A similar quality one would have cost 2500 or more in courts.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 27th, 2020, 4:16 pm

dogg wrote:

Electronics, it depends.

Clothes and shoes? What if they don't fit? I've had issues with that in the past.

I stick with brands that I know. They're fairly consistent. Levis, Clarks, Brooks.
Couple times I bought some cycling gear that failed miserably in terms of size. Couldn't get it resold locally, so I returned it and took the hit. Now I know that those kinda special clothes have to be tried on first because of size variance between brands.

To give you an idea - a cycling top online cost me 300 landed, locally they wanted 800 for it. The rear pockets are important af when I on the road

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » November 27th, 2020, 4:24 pm

Been burnt with online clothes.
I bought the self same size of dockers/levis at different times directly from Levi/Dockers and received clothes that were inconsistently sized. Never me again.
Try before I buy with clothes and shoes.

VexXx Dogg wrote:
dogg wrote:

Electronics, it depends.

I stick with brands that I know. They're fairly consistent. Levis, Clarks, Brooks.
Couple times I bought some cycling gear that failed miserably in terms of size. Couldn't get it resold locally, so I returned it and took the hit. Now I know that those kinda special clothes have to be tried on first because of size variance between brands.

To give you an idea - a cycling top online cost me 300 landed, locally they wanted 800 for it. The rear pockets are important af when I on the road

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » November 27th, 2020, 4:45 pm

So it seems that that the main consideration is not price but convenience?

I'm looking for price savings.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » November 27th, 2020, 5:13 pm

depends on what you looking for. Imo vex dogg put it best. if u looking for something immediately though best hurry quick before black friday sale done. Had some nice deals. For example i got a hair trimmer that was about 40 US for 16 US. Steal of a deal. also use https://reviewmeta.com/blog/why-does-am ... s-reviews/ to ensure that whatever item u getting is in fact greatly reviewed

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 29th, 2020, 8:08 am

dogg wrote:So it seems that that the main consideration is not price but convenience?

I'm looking for price savings.

Take what I telling you, the primary consideration is price and quality, service doesn't enter the equation.
Why pay premium prices for inferior products locally when you can get much better quality goods for less money?

One time, I was looking for a particular item, that usually comes with 2 parts to attach to it.
Found a cheaply made variant locally, but the local stealer wanted TTD $19000 +VAT for the main part, and the 2 attachments they selling separately.
Went online, got a better quality unit complete, landed at my door for US$700. Even went so far as to go and show the local vendor the item, and the bills, and I could see by the change in his expression he was vex that I bring it in myself for much much less than he would sell it for.

Is your money, spend it where and on what you feel you getting the best value for it, and to hell with the rest.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » November 29th, 2020, 9:27 am

^ another thing that turns me off local businesses is that they feel that u owe them. That your money is theirs and they doing u a favor for taking it off your hands. Thats another reason why alot of times i just refuse to buy local.

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » November 29th, 2020, 9:30 am

careful, innbutt or his handlers might be reading this.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » November 29th, 2020, 9:55 am

jm3 wrote:careful, innbutt or his handlers might be reading this.

I now thinking the same thing after reading through all the comments.

He so vindictive he might say is best I raise the online taxes on the small man again.

But when he and his pardners getting US$ by the millions, it is never an issue.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » November 29th, 2020, 10:03 am

jm3 wrote:careful, innbutt or his handlers might be reading this.

true eh.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 29th, 2020, 10:19 am

^^

To buy SOAP from foreign is a joke and people must be laughing their assets off :lol:

Shoes and shirts and pants and clothes in general is a total waste of US currency hence the Red G
to land a 7% online tax to discourage this waste of USD $$$$$$$.

If you living on and working for USD $$$ then you is Boss :D

Van Heusen shirts are the BESS quality . PriceSmart sell BESS jeans for about $100.

Tools and car parts is an excellent buy .

Friend checking on a vehicle alternator and Bamboo # 2 had it for $5,700

Let me repeat $5,700 :!:

Ordered for her online and total cost etc., was $900 - remanufactured .

You need to know prices :wink:

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » November 29th, 2020, 11:22 am

RedVEVO wrote:^^

To buy SOAP from foreign is a joke and people must be laughing their assets off :lol:

Shoes and shirts and pants and clothes in general is a total waste of US currency hence the Red G
to land a 7% online tax to discourage this waste of USD $$$$$$$.

If you living on and working for USD $$$ then you is Boss :D

Van Heusen shirts are the BESS quality . PriceSmart sell BESS jeans for about $100.

Tools and car parts is an excellent buy .

Friend checking on a vehicle alternator and Bamboo # 2 had it for $5,700

Let me repeat $5,700 :!:

Ordered for her online and total cost etc., was $900 - remanufactured .

You need to know prices :wink:

But when Imbert and them buying BRAND NEW LUXURY CARS IN US$, that is not a waste of US$$$$$$$$$, ent???????

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”