TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Poll: Covid vaccine: When will you take it?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Covid vaccine when will you take it?

Immediately as it becomes available
30%
I'll wait to see how it goes.
54%
Never
8%
Covid is a hoax
8%

Total votes: 79

dogg
Riding on 17's

Poll: Covid vaccine: When will you take it?

Postby dogg » November 20th, 2020, 9:49 am

Me? I'm pushing and shoving to get in line!
Last edited by dogg on December 22nd, 2020, 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

teems1
punchin NOS

Re: Poll: Covid vaccine: When will you take it?

Postby teems1 » November 20th, 2020, 10:06 am

Once the vaccine becomes widely available it will be a requirement needed to travel or attend school/university etc. It's just a matter of time when you will get it.

I think frontline persons should get it first (nurses, doctors, police officers, health workers), then the rest of the population would eventually get it within the year.

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » November 20th, 2020, 10:12 am

teems1 wrote:Once the vaccine becomes widely available it will be a requirement needed to travel or attend school/university etc. It's just a matter of time when you will get it.

I think frontline persons should get it first (nurses, doctors, police officers, health workers), then the rest of the population would eventually get it within the year.

Yeah, frontline workers first, then the elderly and those with comorbidities then me.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » November 20th, 2020, 10:14 am

This is a nice poll. I look forward to the results

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » November 20th, 2020, 10:38 am

Most of tuner would be in the "wait to see" category since we won't be able to get it immediately.

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » November 20th, 2020, 10:40 am

teems1 wrote:Most of tuner would be in the "wait to see" category since we won't be able to get it immediately.

edited option

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 20th, 2020, 10:51 am

I say make it mandatory that ALL politicians take it first to ensure our safety, then once none of them drop dead then we can give the general public..........

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 20th, 2020, 11:12 am

[I'll wait to see how it goes.] ...

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » November 20th, 2020, 11:59 am

not that long ago.. polio was a killer disease ... thankfully for the vaccine its almost eliminated now.

on a side note ... All anti vaxers will NOT get it ... leh them dead

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 20th, 2020, 12:25 pm

dogg wrote:Me? I'm pushing and shoving to get in line!

u might hadda change that name to guinea pig
First rule of chess "let the pawns go first"

me personally I go take my chances & hang back a few years, lemme see the full range of side effects first before I decide if I wanna be a lab rat

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » November 20th, 2020, 12:59 pm

Wait and see? what allyuh waiting on?

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » November 20th, 2020, 1:11 pm

death365 wrote:not that long ago.. polio was a killer disease ... thankfully for the vaccine its almost eliminated now.

on a side note ... All anti vaxers will NOT get it ... leh them dead

Smallpox had an even higher mortality rate than polio and it has all been eliminated since the vaccine was created.

These anti vaxers have no idea of how bad things were.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » November 20th, 2020, 1:50 pm

After a few votes it seems like most people waiting to see. Go figure. Common sense prevails

SPK1983
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SPK1983 » November 20th, 2020, 1:56 pm

I'll give it some time to see how it proceeds. Maybe at least 6-8 months.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » November 20th, 2020, 2:00 pm

As early as possible , not old, not a frontline worker, no co morbidities so I’ll be anxiously waiting. Pushing for all my older family to get it so will have peace of mind knowing I’m not responsible for getting them sick.
They were sounding unwilling at first then a covid death of a distant family member made them realize this is not a game.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » November 20th, 2020, 2:08 pm

j.o.e wrote:As early as possible , not old, not a frontline worker, no co morbidities so I’ll be anxiously waiting. Pushing for all my older family to get it so will have peace of mind knowing I’m not responsible for getting them sick.
They were sounding unwilling at first then a covid death of a distant family member made them realize this is not a game.

I agree dude. I'm relatively young and healthy (so likely mild or asymptomatic), but I work with two older guys one of whom is diabetic. Plus I see my parents and elderly neighbor often enough.

I do not want to be the one who brings an early death to any of them due to carelessly spreading covid. My mom's friend died at 62 (male) from covid months ago. My friend's dad in NY died as well at 71. A friend who is only 47 had covid in August and she still can't walk upstairs without feeling exhausted (she used to do crossfit prior to this).

So covid-19 isn't a joke.

And to be honest, I'm totally fed up with restrictions and masks. I just want things back to normal because living like this has been depressing as hell for me.

The more people 'wait and see' the more long term restrictions, economic impacts, mental health decline, and impacts on education we'll suffer.

Do the right thing and take the vaccine. Once it's not the Chinese or Russian vaccine you can be reliably sure it's safe long-term.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 20th, 2020, 4:40 pm

Once u young and healthy u could wait a couple months, not more than 3 to see how it plays out, the older and high risk population should get it right away although they can see what happens in other countries who get it early. Its likely young ppl would have to wait anyway based on Government priority groups.

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » November 20th, 2020, 4:58 pm

Couldn't have said it better myself!! Up to now ppl still joking about covid.
Dohplaydat wrote:
j.o.e wrote:As early as possible , not old, not a frontline worker, no co morbidities so I’ll be anxiously waiting. Pushing for all my older family to get it so will have peace of mind knowing I’m not responsible for getting them sick.

I agree dude. I'm relatively young and healthy (so likely mild or asymptomatic), but I work with two older guys one of whom is diabetic. Plus I see my parents and elderly neighbor often enough.

I do not want to be the one who brings an early death to any of them due to carelessly spreading covid. My mom's friend died at 62 (male) from covid months ago. My friend's dad in NY died as well at 71. A friend who is only 47 had covid in August and she still can't walk upstairs without feeling exhausted (she used to do crossfit prior to this).

So covid-19 isn't a joke.

And to be honest, I'm totally fed up with restrictions and masks. I just want things back to normal because living like this has been depressing as hell for me.

The more people 'wait and see' the more long term restrictions, economic impacts, mental health decline, and impacts on education we'll suffer.

Do the right thing and take the vaccine. Once it's not the Chinese or Russian vaccine you can be reliably sure it's safe long-term.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 20th, 2020, 6:36 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:Wait and see? what allyuh waiting on?

Idk about people, but I waiting on the laundry list of side effects.

Vaccines different to drugs, but I not running for a vaccine that might not have a lasting efficacy or may not be effective in all patients that get it

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 20th, 2020, 7:07 pm

I like to travel but i wont be doing that in a hurry. Having the vaccine may very well be a pre-requisite for travelling....HOWEVER...this is one vaccine where Im gonna wait a while...as sins said, expect a list of side effects

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » November 20th, 2020, 10:50 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:I like to travel but i wont be doing that in a hurry. Having the vaccine may very well be a pre-requisite for travelling....HOWEVER...this is one vaccine where Im gonna wait a while...as sins said, expect a list of side effects
What if the vaccine is 99% effective but has that one side effect after 2 years where it makes you extremely susceptible to developing a type of cancer? Or worse, maybe kill d coco? How will we know? I'll hang back at least two years before considering taking a vaccine of any type.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 20th, 2020, 11:03 pm

Remember swine flu?? Took me 7 years to take that vaccine. Only took it because it was a requirement for going to Central America

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » November 20th, 2020, 11:06 pm

So if everyone adopts this wait and see approach, then who do you expect would be lining up for it?

Isn't that selfish of you? Modern vaccines have a minuscule chance (like a one in a million) of not having any long-term side effects.

Also, if long term side effects are your concern then how long will you wait? Remember tens of thousands of persons have already been through the trials, possibly more by now.

The entire point of all these phase 3 trials was to look for high-risk side effects to which there were none.

So again, why wait?

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » November 20th, 2020, 11:15 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:So if everyone adopts this wait and see approach, then who do you expect would be lining up for it?

Isn't that selfish of you? Modern vaccines have a minuscule chance (like a one in a million) of not having any long-term side effects.

Also, if long term side effects are your concern then how long will you wait? Remember tens of thousands of persons have already been through the trials, possibly more by now.

The entire point of all these phase 3 trials was to look for high-risk side effects to which there were none.

So again, why wait?
Technological advancements have significantly reduced the possibility of chronic side-effects. However, this is of course with adequate clinical trials and testing. 6 months to one year is not enough time for me personally. But when the world becomes desperate (which it has), shorter trial times suddenly become acceptable.

Nevertheless I'm glad that you are of this opinion. Go forth and take one as soon as it is available. If after two years you're good with no health issues, I'll consider being next in line. If you end up with cancer or ded cocolooks then I glad it wasn't me.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » November 20th, 2020, 11:57 pm

killercow wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:So if everyone adopts this wait and see approach, then who do you expect would be lining up for it?

So again, why wait?
Technological advancements have significantly reduced the possibility of chronic side-effects. However, this is of course with adequate clinical trials and testing. 6 months to one year is not enough time for me personally. But when the world becomes desperate (which it has), shorter trial times suddenly become acceptable.

Nevertheless I'm glad that you are of this opinion. Go forth and take one as soon as it is available. If after two years you're good with no health issues, I'll consider being next in line. If you end up with cancer or ded cocolooks then I glad it wasn't me.

I understand your concerns but actually, the Phase 3 trials have not been rushed or short-changed, in fact, this is the whole reason why we still don't have a vaccine available yet all these companies pretty much had it developed by May/June.

Secondly, this vaccine is of the utmost importance for us to get back to normal life. Hence why we've gotten so far with it.

I don't get why so many people don't understand if you pump money and resources into something you can get it done significantly faster than at regular business as usual pace.

Devourment
Trinituner Peong

Postby Devourment » November 21st, 2020, 12:06 am

I rarely voice myself on 2nr put this entire post is making me sick with the selfishness I'm seeing.

This is why I fully endorse mandatory vaccines for those who are well enough to take it.

If not, anyone responsible for spreading covid-19 which results in death, after a vaccine has been available for at least 3 months (giving you time to get immunized) should be charged with manslaughter. Now legally I know that's not going to happen, but effectively that is what it comes down to.

You can be contributing to the death of people. Remember many of these vaccines at not 100% effective, so maybe 1 in 15 persons who did take the vaccine won't have protection.

These 'wait and see' people want the privilege of going back to a non-lockdown lifestyle, without getting vaccinated. You are no different from the anti-vaxers in the US who are responsible for new measles outbreaks.

That is utterly selfish behavior and I need to stress that again. Making everyone else get a vaccine while you sit back on your a$$ and hope herd immunity protects you and your family is SELFISH.

Realistically, if you're not vaccinated you should not be allowed in public spaces like schools, churches, workplaces, cinemas, gyms, parties, bars and restaurants.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 21st, 2020, 3:11 am

^^

It's a trick 8-)

The Pharm Companies need to do field tests on people who NOT in First World countries .

Now THEY ( The Establishment ) injecting" inactive COVID 19 virus" in vaccine form into a perfect young body ..

Hmm .. " I see dead people ! "

Chances are Trini will get the cheapest vaccine since who really cares about the Bananas from a Banana Republic ?

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » November 21st, 2020, 6:50 am

Leave all the anti vaxxers alone.... None for them.... Let them get it an get worst long term issues.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 21st, 2020, 7:18 am

Allyuh doing like trinidad going and being in the top 10 countries to receive the first batch...by the name we get it, all them big boy countries would have been sharing it out like sweet bread

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » November 21st, 2020, 8:07 am

Yes.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”