Forums

Air conditioned tents? Yay or nay?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Air conditioned tents? Yay or nay?

Postby nervewrecker » November 15th, 2020, 9:17 pm

The thought crossed my mind. Never did duct work before until last week and I have some left over material.

There is always funerals by the cremation site at the mosquito creek and people rent tents. This heat is unbearable and a small ducted system with clear plastic all-round is a good idea as an option for rental.

A 5 tonne inverter system with air handler can easily be mounted in the tray of a pickup. HO alternators are readily available (my choice the alts from team 2lo2flo) and a decent battery system. Diesel systems can do well on standby idle so you leave the system in the tray, truck idling and inverter is soft start so you looking at no more than 20A draw at max tilt with no inrush current draw for startup.

A duct system can be hung up easy and coupled to the air handler and boom shot, comfort.

It can be rented for small events as well.

What are your thoughts on such and is there a demand? Is it worth investing in?

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Re: Air conditioned tents? Yay or nay?

Postby Gladiator » November 15th, 2020, 9:25 pm

Definitely a good idea man... currently there are suppliers mobilizing two packaged 5 Ton on a small trailer with a generator for $12K a day rental. The only setback is the current COVID regulations have all events in general on the back burner. But its a good future prospect...

Hwells
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Hwells » November 15th, 2020, 9:26 pm

sounds good, would have a demand for it if bundled together with tent rental business i feel.

question on how much noise it gonna generate and will this affect the gathering you are providing the service for?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 15th, 2020, 9:45 pm

New 5 tonne units you can carry on a conversation next to.

Inverter units, you hear only the air coming out the fans.

Now talked to a friend of mine in the funeral business. May not be feasible in that aspect but the market exists.

Weddings and events sound like the shiz.

A major constraint is location of the tent as well as facilitating parking for the vehicle if it's mobile.

Longer distances may warrant a chilled water system.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 15th, 2020, 10:41 pm

How much would this rental cost nerve? I feel the cost may be prohibitive for most regular tent rentals

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » November 16th, 2020, 11:22 am

It sounds like a good idea but start up cost plus the below quote and obviously covid will have to be factored in somehow.

I still think it's worth a shot with this heat. It's just to target the right people/events for this.

Maybe you can offer to have the cooling part available separately from the tents. So for instance, someone wants to cool a very small venue there's the option.

Like someone said before, pair it with a tent rental aspect.

Maybe ditch buying your own tents altogether and just get the clear plastic sides to modify existing tent set ups. So you just basically come in when ppl have their tents set up, and just attach your cooling solution and charge accordingly.

Link up with a catering service and/or event planner and offer some sort of complete package for different types of events.

If it's weddings for eg, have a photographer and videographer/drone operator on standby as an offering. Just throwing random stuff out there.
VexXx Dogg wrote:How much would this rental cost nerve? I feel the cost may be prohibitive for most regular tent rentals

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 16th, 2020, 8:43 pm

^^^
you hit the nail on the head. A system as an add-on to tents so customers can choose their own supplier.

networking is the key here.

The thought came up watching some funerals by the creek, funeral is sure business. Cost will be the major factor here. The idea stemmed from a solution to a scenario someone presented to me some time back. he wanted to air condition a small space for a get together. I couldn't think of anything at that point.

For my younger sister wedding the heat was unbearable and they had opted to doing everything at home in our living room (makeup, dressing etc). Our gree 24000 btu couldn't even keep up with the amount of people and sheer heat load as place is now hotter compared to when it was installed by ronsin1 men. That system has always been a monster.

VexXx Dogg wrote:How much would this rental cost nerve? I feel the cost may be prohibitive for most regular tent rentals

Will obviously have to see what competition calling if it exists.

The idea came up to diversify myself and still keep people employed as I may be looking at racking up under my name and operating under a company name in the very near future.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 16th, 2020, 8:46 pm

^^

:D

Dude that idea is being used by EVERYBODY .. in the Tent Biz :roll:

It's used in the better neighborhoods by the 1% and some 99 % which is like the 10 %

( that is the first 10% of the 99% ) etc, etc.

If you are good @ Calculus it's a no brainer :|

They use the portable A/C ones and have the market lock down like border control in Cedros.

And the environs :wink:

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 16th, 2020, 9:25 pm

RedVEVO wrote:^^

It's used in the better neighborhoods by the 1% and some 99 % which is like the 10 %

They use the portable A/C ones and have the market lock down like border control in Cedros.

You know long time when big people talking and lil chiren butt eeen outa timing how they used to get a busy slap?

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » November 16th, 2020, 11:07 pm

nervewrecker wrote:

You know long time when big people talking and lil chiren butt eeen outa timing how they used to get a busy slap?

:lol:

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 17th, 2020, 1:34 am

nervewrecker wrote:

:D .. Small man listen up

When you have a biz idea , man up , finance it and succeed .. then talk and boast :!:

But - and hear this hard AC/DC Mrs Lennox ..

To come on Social M and step by step tell big stone men how you tabanca thinking is like a maricon move :D

If by 28 years you still asking big stone people "wah ya think ?" is another maricon move :drinking:

So clap and slap your MC in your flat maricon asset and go tell mama chula to make you a sada with salt butter .

Then .. listen close cause is slap ah slapping you with a toe nail ah just bite off - Tomorrow go by Modern Nature Electrical get a power inverter and sit on it in a tent and pass some cold wind :shock: while eating callolo bush with heavy coconut kuchela :fist:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”