Forums

ODPM's new Jeeps

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

ODPM's new Jeeps

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 28th, 2020, 11:42 am

Because ODPM really needs these high priced vehicles...but imballs could tell yuh how/what to eat
Attachments
IMG-20201028-WA0111.jpg
IMG-20201028-WA0112.jpg

goalpost
punchin NOS

Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby goalpost » October 28th, 2020, 11:50 am

lol, look at we money just spend wild nah....

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby maj. tom » October 28th, 2020, 11:59 am

They're sweet though.

Ok i can see how this can possibly be justified. It's for a government department, not a private vehicle. It's purpose is to reach serious off road terrain and flooded areas. I just hope that they have dedicated drivers who will be trained in such and will be able to handle the vehicle as intended, because real off roading requires some serious training in how to overcome dire situations. And the public expects to see these vehicles in action during the next flood, bringing relief to the residents. We don't want to be asking why they bought those things and they just sitting there... and we know that is exactly what going to happen. Or that they broke down and can't be serviced locally, so it will sit in a yard to rot.

Of course they could have got something cheaper and just as reliable off road. What happen to all the Prado style? But is not their money right?

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » October 28th, 2020, 12:02 pm

Is that a matte blue finish I seeing there??

Can you imagine the mark up LSM put on those accessories???

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » October 28th, 2020, 12:05 pm

Seems like the preference of MPs is extending to government agencies. I think at least 3 MPs bought Jeeps recently. Like lifestyle has a good sales rep. Hmmmm

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Re: Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby Dohplaydat » October 28th, 2020, 12:11 pm

maj. tom wrote:They're sweet though.

Ok i can see how this can possibly be justified. It's for a government department, not a private vehicle. It's purpose is to reach serious off road terrain and flooded areas. I just hope that they have dedicated drivers who will be trained in such and will be able to handle the vehicle as intended, because real off roading requires some serious training in how to overcome dire situations. And the public expects to see these vehicles in action during the next flood, bringing relief to the residents. We don't want to be asking why they bought those things and they just sitting there... and we know that is exactly what going to happen. Or that they broke down and can't be serviced locally, so it will sit in a yard to rot.

Of course they could have got something cheaper and just as reliable off road. What happen to all the Prado style? But is not their money right?

Yes but are they significantly better than a similar spec'd out Hilux?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 28th, 2020, 12:40 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Because ODPM really needs these high priced vehicles...but imballs could tell yuh how/what to eat

ODPM doh even be wakin when rain fallin, them goin outside to rescue people?

i would really like the transport commission to comment on these vehicles as the preface for the 'what' and 'how' off roaders can do and be guarded by the laws instead of targeted.
Last edited by sMASH on October 28th, 2020, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 28th, 2020, 1:15 pm

sMASH wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Because ODPM really needs these high priced vehicles...but imballs could tell yuh how/what to eat

ODPM doh even be wakin when rain fallin, them goin outside to rescue people?

i would really like the transport commission to comment on these vehicles as the preface for what and how can off roaders can do and be guarded by the laws instead of targeted.

ODPM falls under natsec.
Natsec has a lot of exemptions for govt vehicles, no?

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Re: ODPM's new Jeeps

Postby Monk BANzai » October 28th, 2020, 1:16 pm

I have no issue with what was chosen to be used or how its being outfitted. Govt agencies exist to benefit from special accommodations at times.. so stop whining about "oh dem have light bar"...DF yuh tink it is?....steups....

I do however, take issue with maintenance.

I know for a fact the person in charge of that ODPM project is no longer attached to ODPM nor is he in the country. He is an avid off-roader (has a Renegade CJ7 outfitted to do such). This person was also not tasked with training his successor in the ways of the Bish.

also the entire project was funded by the US Gubment. Not that that lends credence to some of allyuh "BUH DEM HAVE LIGHT BAR!!" ...

Ofc the above statements are made not knowing if ODPM has such personnel trained to do such eh. If so, le pie on le face is warranted.

I dont get it...zero succession planning. But as we love to say "we like it so".

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » October 28th, 2020, 1:27 pm

But it could peel out?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 28th, 2020, 1:31 pm

1% dealership gotta eat ah food

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » October 28th, 2020, 1:33 pm

Similarly kitted workhorse Landcruisers wouldve been better vehicles and would run forever without much special treatment....probably even more expensive though...but I dont see these jeeps lasting very long with local service history and modern Jeep reliability issues..

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » October 28th, 2020, 1:36 pm

They couldnt just buy Porsche Macans instead? would have been cheaper according to someone!

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 28th, 2020, 1:36 pm

trained or not, exempted or not, they dont do one fart when push come to shove. the most u does see is the corporation with their backhoe and dump trucks and peeps with thier lil boat and truck and rubber boots.

me eh mind they have light bar, even if they dont use them,,, #public servants could stunt too. but that same accommodation can be afforded to the citizen enthusiasts or those who actually use those mods for their own work.
#bushman could stunt too

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 28th, 2020, 1:42 pm

pugboy wrote:1% dealership gotta eat ah food

it have a 99% dealership?

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » October 28th, 2020, 1:45 pm

sMASH wrote:trained or not, exempted or not, they dont do one fart when push come to shove. the most u does see is the corporation with their backhoe and dump trucks and peeps with thier lil boat and truck and rubber boots.

me eh mind they have light bar, even if they dont use them,,, #public servants could stunt too. but that same accommodation can be afforded to the citizen enthusiasts or those who actually use those mods for their own work.
#bushman could stunt too

I take your point. but, answer me this...are our local citizen's responsible enough? Who is going to govern "I need that for work" from "well i see PongRaj have so i must have it too!!" types?.... you do realize that is going to be a logistical nightmare to an already (at best) struggling system that is clawing its way out of an archaic state?

Then you have those who do use it for thier work and keep it in the bush out of sight being asked to document their mods for "proof of life" and having an issues with it ' IZ YEARS I HAVE MEH (enter random 4x4 mod) on my JIMNY DAN!!!"...

Again...i take yuh point...but you do see how an untrained administrative middle manager at ECIAF (Becuz dem used to have dem UN sponsored Prado and Unimog and dem does sell big patchoi for small money (talking that...hadda call and place meh orders yes)...so dem qualify to Certify ALL off-road "fit for Use Program" applications will simply take a money and say "heh yuh certified"?

I real Segway dey bhai.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 28th, 2020, 1:47 pm

you ain’t know who own lifestyle or wha?

the 99% dealership is inshan

Redman wrote:
pugboy wrote:1% dealership gotta eat ah food

it have a 99% dealership?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 28th, 2020, 1:47 pm

Monk BANzai wrote:
sMASH wrote:trained or not, exempted or not, they dont do one fart when push come to shove. the most u does see is the corporation with their backhoe and dump trucks and peeps with thier lil boat and truck and rubber boots.

#bushman could stunt too

I take your point. but, answer me this...are our local citizen's responsible enough? Who is going to govern "I need that for work" from "well i see PongRaj have so i must have it too!!" types?.... you do realize that is going to be a logistical nightmare to an already (at best) struggling system that is clawing its way out of an archaic state?

Then you have those who do use it for thier work and keep it in the bush out of sight being asked to document their mods for "proof of life" and having an issues with it ' IZ YEARS I HAVE MEH (enter random 4x4 mod) on my JIMNY DAN!!!"...

Again...i take yuh point...but you do see how an untrained administrative middle manager at ECIAF (Becuz dem used to have dem UN sponsored Prado and Unimog and dem does sell big patchoi for small money (talking that...hadda call and place meh orders yes)...so dem qualify to Certify ALL off-road "fit for Use Program" applications will simply take a money and say "heh yuh certified"?

I real Segway dey bhai.

what is the harm?

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Monk BANzai » October 28th, 2020, 1:48 pm

sMASH wrote:
Monk BANzai wrote:

#bushman could stunt too

I real Segway dey bhai.

what is the harm?

No harm..i just extending the thought process to your point. It looks good on paper. Executing it however.....and given the typical "me do quick" mentality of trinis....

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 28th, 2020, 2:16 pm

This is wat your house taxes will be Paying for while the pot hole in front your drive way will continue to grow.

Don't forget they plan to take taxes from injun areas and give to red Goverment areas.

Take bull all yuh dumb bunch of fools

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » October 28th, 2020, 2:26 pm

hope to never see them in the "Official accident thread" - or any accident thread...

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 28th, 2020, 2:34 pm

those would have full tax exemptions like what ministers benefit from ent?

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » October 28th, 2020, 3:03 pm

Boy I see govt ministries and agencies pay VAT and taxes all the time,but in that case is from one pocket and into the other so wont make a difference really .

Phone Surgeon wrote:those would have full tax exemptions like what ministers benefit from ent?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 28th, 2020, 3:25 pm

they better be driving through flood waters to rescue ppl

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » October 28th, 2020, 3:31 pm

You guys ain't stop to think that it may be the work of some technocrat that witnessed how effective the 4x4 enthusiast rescue response was with the bad flooding in greenvale etc?

Like it or not this may tantamount to a nod to the 4x4 enthusiast..

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » October 28th, 2020, 3:36 pm

Only time I ever saw an institution's SUV being used like this.
Was making the hike to Paria Bay in 2014 and was very much in the bush.
I doubt them ODPM jeep making it out of some big boy driveway.
IMG_0507.png

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 28th, 2020, 3:38 pm

Doh forget those vehicles are necessary for when they have to make the run up Salybia for the Cabinet's holiday retreat.

ScHoolboySoloQ
Trinituner Peong

Postby ScHoolboySoloQ » October 28th, 2020, 3:41 pm

Besides all the politics and foul play

Its so damn sexy omg :crazyeyes:

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » October 28th, 2020, 3:49 pm

When is the auction?

megadoc1