Forums

ODPM's new Jeeps

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Re: ODPM's new Jeeps

Postby Dohplaydat » October 29th, 2020, 3:19 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:https://www.facebook.com/notes/odpmtt/media-statement-on-the-donation-of-jeep-wranglers-to-the-government-and-people-o/2641093332869649

They released a statement so the chessbun and frothup could ease up

Damn 10 facts they hit we with, someone was upset.

But I really still wondering the cost a civilian would pay for this config? I love these Jeeps.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 29th, 2020, 3:26 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:https://www.facebook.com/notes/odpmtt/media-statement-on-the-donation-of-jeep-wranglers-to-the-government-and-people-o/2641093332869649

They released a statement so the chessbun and frothup could ease up

Damn 10 facts they hit we with, someone was upset.

But I really still wondering the cost a civilian would pay for this config? I love these Jeeps.

well they was getting jammed in the court of public opinion, so i figure they hadda do their counter-philliping

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 29th, 2020, 3:27 pm

Them wranglers cutting it hard... I jess a lil jelly And want to stunt a bit too.

amd-dude
Sweet on this forum

Postby amd-dude » October 29th, 2020, 4:02 pm

Pack ah shix, will see them by vmcott in a few years, father has one, first 100,xxx kms were good after that was a rapid downhill decline, ignition/fuel problems, transmission issues. Off road stock yeah they are good but nothing a hilux or ranger can't do with a rear locker. Doh get me started on water waiding, the T6 ranger is better, but say what, we jammin still.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 29th, 2020, 4:23 pm

sMASH wrote:Them wranglers cutting it hard... I jess a lil jelly And want to stunt a bit too.

Hello sMASH,

Its quite normal to be lil jelly bro.

Its like when a Trini see a next Trini buy a new car or doing very well in life....but thas more like jelly hate jelly.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 29th, 2020, 5:27 pm

amd-dude wrote:Pack ah shix, will see them by vmcott in a few years, father has one, first 100,xxx kms were good after that was a rapid downhill decline, ignition/fuel problems, transmission issues. Off road stock yeah they are good but nothing a hilux or ranger can't do with a rear locker. Doh get me started on water waiding, the T6 ranger is better, but say what, we jammin still.

Careful, the "value for money" PNM sheep will not be pleased with your comments.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 29th, 2020, 5:43 pm

dem ting gonna be collecting dust...

y i ask mega who came up with the concept, is that if someone there detailed what they wanted done, it shows that they know a bit of what to do. but if they relied on mega dem to do the decision making that means them eh kno one arse and leff dem ting park up.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 30th, 2020, 12:23 am

Excellent choice of vehicles. Better they bought those Jeeps than say a Fortuner which is $824k which I am sure the MoNS paid less per Wrangler.
20201030_001941.jpeg

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » October 30th, 2020, 10:08 am

Wranglers were apparently donated by the US Govt, article out today. So don't see why the beat up there for?
I think most men just want one shrugs

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 30th, 2020, 10:11 am

ODPM: Jeep Wranglers were donated, needed for flood work

The Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management (ODPM) is clarifying their acquisition of two Jeep Wranglers after widespread criticism alleged that the government had purchased the vehicles.

In a lengthy statement, the ODPM revealed that the vehicles were actually donated by the United States government.

“The US Government, in its long-term goal to assist Trinidad and Tobago strengthen our disaster resilience at the national and local levels, graciously agreed to procure two Jeep Wrangler all-terrain vehicles for the ODPM among other items.

“This donation by the US Government of Jeep Wranglers and other items of disaster support to Trinidad and Tobago is not the first such donation,” they wrote.

The Office also assured that they went through all the relevant and appropriate measures for acquiring the vehicles.

“This Office complied with all protocols for the acquisition of the vehicles and accessories, and exercised due diligence throughout the rigorous procurement process. To ensure the national economy benefitted from the initiative, it was decided that the four principal local suppliers of these types of vehicles would be approached to obtain quotations.

“The multi-terrain Jeep Wrangler Vehicles met all the criteria, were available locally and the distributor was prepared to undertake the necessary modifications that would enable the vehicles to operate in difficult, multi-hazard environments,” they added.

Noting carefully the comments in the public domain, the Office also advised that the government is set to receive other high-water vehicles to improve the capabilities of the first response agencies and field tablets through the US government.

They also revealed that an official and better-publicised handover ceremony for the vehicles and tablets will be held in due course.

http://www.looptt.com/content/opdm-jeep ... flood-work

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 30th, 2020, 10:12 am

Looking like the rubicon spec though

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » October 30th, 2020, 10:26 am

I love the blue... wonder if its a wrap.

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » October 30th, 2020, 10:33 am

^^painted by ventura apparently, it does look like a wrap though

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » October 30th, 2020, 10:49 am

Knew they took note and were impressed. 8-)

Fact 6: The ODPM also consulted with members of the Trinidad and Tobago Off-Roaders Club (TTORC) and other bodies in arriving at its decision. The TTORC is currently in discussion with the ODPM for the both organisations to form a partnership to assist citizens during disasters.

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » October 30th, 2020, 11:49 am

amd-dude wrote:Pack ah shix, will see them by vmcott in a few years, father has one, first 100,xxx kms were good after that was a rapid downhill decline, ignition/fuel problems, transmission issues. Off road stock yeah they are good but nothing a hilux or ranger can't do with a rear locker. Doh get me started on water waiding, the T6 ranger is better, but say what, we jammin still.

The US Gov't purchased the Wranglers for the ODPM. Naturally they would buy something that was built in the United States of America (Straight outta Ohio). Either way men get real butt hurt from this! Those Wranglers are sick AF! Also, it's not a wrap, it's a matte finish paint job. Haters gonna hate!

megadoc1
punchin NOS

Postby megadoc1 » October 30th, 2020, 12:49 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Looking like the rubicon spec though
They are

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 30th, 2020, 12:56 pm

Capleton wrote:

The US Gov't purchased the Wranglers for the ODPM. Naturally they would buy something that was built in the United States of America (Straight outta Ohio). Either way men get real butt hurt from this! Those Wranglers are sick AF! Also, it's not a wrap, it's a matte finish paint job. Haters gonna hate!

Asking for accountability is "hate?" :?

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » October 30th, 2020, 1:08 pm

De Dragon wrote:
Capleton wrote:

Did you not read the article released by the ODPM? Do you think that the US Gov't is accountable to you? Or did you believe the hot pile of stinking unsubstantiated drivel that the PEA brained man was spewing? Please clarify.....

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 30th, 2020, 1:13 pm

if you dont feel the need to scrutinise anything the US Govt does ....you have not been paying attention

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 30th, 2020, 2:37 pm

at the time, the source of funds for the wranglers was presumed to be the ODPM which is tax dollars. given the history of govt resources, if all this money was spent on these things that may not be used and even abused, was it value for tax money spent?

if other people want to spend up their own money on we, let them go right ahead. once it eh have not strings attached.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 30th, 2020, 2:47 pm

Capleton wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Capleton wrote:

Did you not read the article released by the ODPM? Do you think that the US Gov't is accountable to you? Or did you believe the hot pile of stinking unsubstantiated drivel that the PEA brained man was spewing? Please clarify.....

Free or not, the details need to be aired and clarified. Free sometimes costs a lot more ironically.

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » October 30th, 2020, 2:56 pm

Time to ask the UK government for a couple of the new Defenders- they don't look as aggressive as these but imagine will perform just as well without any mods. Anyway at the end of the day they need someone who has the expertise to make the most of them.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » October 30th, 2020, 4:46 pm

Could never understand how people see the Jeep wrangler as being luxury...went to check one the other day and everything was so hard. It too utilitarian...

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » October 30th, 2020, 7:42 pm

Cause it carries a price tag in the luxury vehicle range
Gladiator wrote:Could never understand how people see the Jeep wrangler as being luxury...went to check one the other day and everything was so hard. It too utilitarian...

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » October 30th, 2020, 7:44 pm

Who paid for the ventura paint job??

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » October 31st, 2020, 12:41 am

Sweet AF though.

Could do with one in that exact spec for the driveway.

amd-dude
Sweet on this forum

Postby amd-dude » October 31st, 2020, 11:28 am

Capleton wrote:

Well I wrote this before the article saying they were donated was known to me and I thought they wasted our money again for dohtishness, not hating, I could drive in one anytime, was just pointing out the fact that if we were the ones who bought it, it would have been a waste of money. As the US donated it, I have no problems. I just hope they get charged just like the rest of us for having light bars and "oversized" tires.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » October 31st, 2020, 12:14 pm

Once the vehicles have been given exemptions by the Licensing Office they have no tickets to get.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » November 10th, 2020, 7:40 pm

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » January 18th, 2021, 12:55 pm

FB_IMG_1610975040041.jpeg
FB_IMG_1610975045371.jpeg

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”