TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Why does Licensing Office need this info for drivers permit?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Why does Licensing Office need this info for drivers permit?

Postby matr1x » October 24th, 2020, 4:58 pm

j.o.e wrote:
matr1x wrote:ent allyuh vote for this?

Political issue really? Accounting for where you reside while having the authority to operate a vehicle ? Lawlessness we love so ?

It is an issue of poor governance. Why they need that information? Accounting sounds real flimsy

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 24th, 2020, 5:31 pm

Kenjo wrote:
maj. tom wrote:Your mailing address. Where you collect your mail.

Lol I thought so too
Pure speculation but I would expected that Licensing will follow Passport Office - once your documents are complete, they are sent to you via TTPAK at your cost to the address that you have on record.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 24th, 2020, 7:04 pm

Kenjo wrote:

Lol I thought so too

what if i doh have a mailing address? TTPOST never deliver mail in my HDC development

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 24th, 2020, 9:01 pm

sMASH wrote:
88sins wrote:
sMASH wrote:sooo, if u dont get the ticket in the mail, it has no consequence? cause ttpost messes up mail delivery by us all the time.

Easy enough to find out for sure.
Get some tickets and when they come in the mail do like you never get them and wait and see what happens.

so all that address verification every 3 months wouldnt be necessary? cause if the fines still valid and accumulating, the address isnt the important part.

Not no every 3 months. . Is more about like if you changed address when you renewing your dp.
You are to some extent correct about your address not being the most important aspect of your getting a ticket by mail. Its important, but that is on a different tangent along the same plane.
If a person breaks the law in arima, but they live in penal, they can be detained and charged no matter where they are in Trinidad or Tobago, no matter where they live. Same premise, just cuz you no longer reside at the addy on your license that doesn't negate the fact that you broke a law and were ticketed for it. It just means that you may not get the ticket, and that isn't licensing office or TTPost fault.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » October 24th, 2020, 9:06 pm

Someone bounce your car and you have to be on fb asking people if they know the driver because when you pull the certified copy the police don’t know where the man living ? Men really does look for something to feel paranoid about . It’s inconvenient when people have to go licensing office but don’t complain if you get blank

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 24th, 2020, 10:50 pm

maj. tom wrote:Not updating your address is an offence for all those who didn't know:
http://www.trinituner.com/v4/forums/vie ... p?t=447698

And if they feeling nice, they can probably add a 2nd offence on giving false info to a Uniformed Transport/ Police Officer who requests the driver's permit and was lied to about the correct address.
Right, so to do this every time u hadda do a transaction is tedious... U know how much filing space they would need for all thise extra documents now? Little cause they will. Scan it and destroy the hard copy... Cause it's ONLY to confirm ur address is the same.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 25th, 2020, 7:03 pm

redmanjp wrote:
Kenjo wrote:

Lol I thought so too

what if i doh have a mailing address? TTPOST never deliver mail in my HDC development

the nearest ttpost office will have your mail

Hwells
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Hwells » November 2nd, 2020, 12:29 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
Kenjo wrote:

Lol I thought so too

the nearest ttpost office will have your mail

i wonder why? :| :|

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » November 2nd, 2020, 8:33 am

people having problems with this, but have no problem giving Facebook and google and most other apps they install access to their data. ok then !

Location, access to your account, camera, other sensors etc.

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » November 2nd, 2020, 4:47 pm

Renewed dp today in St James (apptment made online 3/9/20) and didnt have to produce documents referenced in the notice.
Actually except for the long lead time for apptment with earliest in St James as at 3/9/20 everything was quite easy.

hindian
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby hindian » December 6th, 2020, 7:57 am

Fellas seeing a post on social media about permits expiring in December valid until March 31st. Is there any official document from the relevant authorities stating such? I can't seem to find any

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 6th, 2020, 11:20 am

Its true
It was on the news.
Faris said they to do this to keep insurances legal until
hindian wrote:Fellas seeing a post on social media about permits expiring in December valid until March 31st. Is there any official document from the relevant authorities stating such? I can't seem to find any

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » December 6th, 2020, 5:21 pm

Did a transfer last week. Had the utility bill with me but it wasn’t requested

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » December 6th, 2020, 6:05 pm

Registered a vehicle Friday didnt ask for my utility bill
j.o.e wrote:Did a transfer last week. Had the utility bill with me but it wasn’t requested

hindian
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby hindian » December 6th, 2020, 9:29 pm

That was a scene for me the other day this utility bill issue. Gone to renew my dp on the 1st at the Guaico branch and walked with my t&tec bill which I get via email to do a change of address. Only to reach by the counter for the woman to tell me they don't accept the email version of the bill without it being stamped by t&tec. So end result is my address still saying chaguanas and I living Piarco. So just a heads up fellas wrt to the light bill emailed version...
hover11 wrote:Registered a vehicle Friday didnt ask for my utility bill
j.o.e wrote:Did a transfer last week. Had the utility bill with me but it wasn’t requested

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » December 6th, 2020, 10:46 pm

hindian wrote:That was a scene for me the other day this utility bill issue. Gone to renew my dp on the 1st at the Guaico branch and walked with my t&tec bill which I get via email to do a change of address. Only to reach by the counter for the woman to tell me they don't accept the email version of the bill without it being stamped by t&tec. So end result is my address still saying chaguanas and I living Piarco. So just a heads up fellas wrt to the light bill emailed version...
hover11 wrote:Registered a vehicle Friday didnt ask for my utility bill

Must we be so backwards ?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 7th, 2020, 5:30 pm

Use the old small piece of form that license office gives out when you go to do a transfer. It requires much less info and less documents. If you download the online one it asking for realllll info and excess documents

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 8th, 2020, 6:47 am

hindian wrote:That was a scene for me the other day this utility bill issue. Gone to renew my dp on the 1st at the Guaico branch and walked with my t&tec bill which I get via email to do a change of address. Only to reach by the counter for the woman to tell me they don't accept the email version of the bill without it being stamped by t&tec. So end result is my address still saying chaguanas and I living Piarco. So just a heads up fellas wrt to the light bill emailed version...

that kinda stupid, but I guess I could see the reasoning behind it kinda
even tho all the information is on the online printed bill, probably the reason for not accepting it w/o a stamp from the utility company is they thinking that it could possibly be a fake, so you intentionally giving them a wrong addy.
question is who the hell would forge a utility bill to change address on a dp. :roll:

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 8th, 2020, 7:21 am

88sins wrote:question is who the hell would forge a utility bill to change address on a dp. :roll:

Same men who runnin "sou-sou"

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 8th, 2020, 7:57 am

88sins wrote:

that kinda stupid, but I guess I could see the reasoning behind it kinda
even tho all the information is on the online printed bill, probably the reason for not accepting it w/o a stamp from the utility company is they thinking that it could possibly be a fake, so you intentionally giving them a wrong addy.
question is who the hell would forge a utility bill to change address on a dp. :roll:

you would be surprised

the DP can't easily be forged but is accepted everywhere for business transactions, opening bank account, DP can even be used a proof of address moving forward

this thing where banks does insist on 2 forms of id to open an account isnt even enforced if you go to open a new bank account with a big enough deposit

so.

if you planning on running some big racket

you go to license office with a fake ttec bill, get your DP address changed

you now have a perfectly legit DP with a fake address,

you use said DP to open register company, open bank account, get bank account cheque books

run out those cheque books in fake cheques and rob nuff people
happily let them photocopy your DP when you presenting cheques.

go to buy a car a friday evening about 5pm when banks close, hit the seller a cheque and let them take a photo of your DP,
resell car for a dog cheap price the next day or sunday. tell buyer you will arrange to transfer down the line, appointment taking long, or even you let him sign a transfer form, tell him you organizing a backdoor transfer so he doh hadda fight up in license office. everyone like that arrangement.

the person who sell you the car never finding you. and the car done offload and you collect CASH from the buyer,

i never accept cheques anymore, even certified or bank drafts i dont accept.
you ever see my post in the other thread with the fake scotia bank bank drafts?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 8th, 2020, 8:01 am

plenty bills that available online have to be certified in the bank or government agency with stamp and date before anywhere will accept it.

so if you want to use your home printed credit card statement or bank statement as proof of address or proof of transaction, you need to go to the bank and get it stamped and certified (i think theres a fee)

but the next thing is

a self inking stamp is like $150.
nuff shops making that stamp for you in 30 minutes.

them fellas have their own TTEC, FCB, RBL, WASA stamps

and the person you presenting your fake documents to not going to be able to call the bank or organization to verify the validity of a stamped document instantly.
only when a massive fraud play off and money lose with false mortgage and false feed, fake cheques etc...months after....then they will look into all that.

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » December 8th, 2020, 11:24 am

I just did some transactions at licensing, walked with bills and they never asked for it

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » December 8th, 2020, 7:57 pm

The other day I carried a relative of a Vene tenant for license.
I think she has TT citizenship because she claim she had all the documents.

It was up Grande/Guaico and I never went there since that place open, but it not hard to find.
Anyway I stand up outside in case she not understanding something, but in less than 10 minutes she GT. She say yes they did ask for the utility bill.

Hard luck for all who sticking to make appointment because I seeing some offices booked until February

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 8th, 2020, 9:06 pm

saw alwaris trying to extend the extension dates for the expiry dates. didnt catch how long they gonna extend it too.
they also gonna waive the late fees for renewals.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 8th, 2020, 9:27 pm

March 2021
sMASH wrote:saw alwaris trying to extend the extension dates for the expiry dates. didnt catch how long they gonna extend it too.
they also gonna waive the late fees for renewals.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 17th, 2022, 12:39 pm

Can't even call this a 3-CXC problem nah. He eh ask for the supervisor though?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 17th, 2022, 12:50 pm

good thing he had the sense to ask for a supervisor

many persons would have left and go fight up in ttec to get their bill "corrected" to street

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 17th, 2022, 1:19 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:good thing he had the sense to ask for a supervisor

many persons would have left and go fight up in ttec to get their bill "corrected" to street

Hahaha

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 17th, 2022, 3:14 pm

maj. tom wrote:Can't even call this a 3-CXC problem nah. He eh ask for the supervisor though?

me a few years back:
I'd like to purchase a 'Highway Code' please
ah wah????
A copy of the Highway Code
We doh have dat here
Ok, well where can I purchase a copy?
Me eh know....mussy de government printer
*turns to walk away....has a thought...turns back to counter*
Amm.....yuh have de book dat people does buy tuh study for dey regs?
Yes...*proceeds to hand me a copy of the booklet with HIGHWAY CODE printed on the cover

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » November 17th, 2022, 8:01 pm

I went a few months ago with someone to get their learners in San Fernando, after waiting 4 months for the appointment. Form was filled out and all documents ready..... clerk look at it and say we can't get the learners that day and go have to make another appointment (which might mean another few months).

I asked what is the issue, he say the first name and middle name on the form in a different order than the birth certificate. Asked so why can't we just fill out a new form with the name in the correct order? "Well the cashier closing in half hour so I eh think the form could be completed by then" We got the new form and filled it out in 2 minutes and gave it to him.... finished by the cashier with time to spare.

A young person who lacking confidence to ask questions might have just accepted this nonsense and gone yes. He confirmed every stereotype there is about the public service.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”