Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby mragoobir » October 4th, 2020, 11:08 am

Tired to keep up with a Colorado driving j32 v6 going up maracas
Buy he gap me by overtaking 2 cars up hill

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 4th, 2020, 11:41 am

agent007 wrote:Phone surgeon, a Tucson speed cut is way past 180. I'm guessing it can pass 200 according to some YT vids.

ive gotten 200 out of it, incredibly steady/smooth at that speed
and thats the 1.6

i think theres a 2.4 version abroad

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » October 4th, 2020, 11:47 am

Power is one thing... It will allow you to run the traffic light grand prix. In the end however it is how far the other driver is willing to push/punish their vehicle.

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » October 4th, 2020, 11:50 am

agent007 wrote:Lol loving the comments.

Tucson has 175hp and 195ft-lbs of torque routed through a 7-speed dual dry-clutch transmission. It’s relatively light and with that amount of power, it moves! Think Lexus IS250 which has a 2.5 V6. Well that Tucson has more torque than that. But the market will be flooded with used ones for sale as engines get unreliable due to excessive carbon build up and as the transmissions slowly implode.

I thought carbon build was generally sorted out on post 2016 DI engines

Loving this thread so far though

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 4th, 2020, 12:03 pm

one thing tho, ive had issues from day one with the 2019 tucson, that dual or dry clutch transmission isnt suited for our traffic

always get this terrible jerking motion when driving in traffic, you know how normally you could roll or coast forward on your brakes, thats apparently destructive and a big no no for that vehicle.
every single service they have to do a ecu relearn or remap or reset on mine\\

another MAJOR issue is going up any wet hill where you end up braking, like if theres a hump on the hill or traffic etc.
real wheel spin, transmission jerking scene when you press back gas to continue

Supra GT-FOUR
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Supra GT-FOUR » October 4th, 2020, 12:04 pm

Could be a 4A GZE 1.6 (corolla gt) supercharged or 3S GTE 2.0 turbo (caldina) if he kept it toyota. Also 4EFTE 1.3 turbo (starlet) possibly.
nervewrecker wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:The corolla men is a next set like the tiida men.

Hello nervewrecker,

Permit me to correct you.

The AXIO men is a next set like the tiida man.

Local NZE 121 and 141 are in a more respectable category.

NZE 121 men can be some pests sometimes. The Axio GT is a next kettle of fish, hoping to meet one real bad, hoping to drive on as a matter of fact. Looks like a fun car.

https://www.car.info/en-se/toyota/corol ... 6998/specs

there is either an ae101 or 110 that frequents santa flora with a TMIC, always wondering what he has under there and if it came so.

agent007 wrote:Chances of an encounter is very slim and the more they press, it's the more they lose range. So dont wild him up, ensure the man make it home in whatever charge he has left.

Electric motors aid in nice acceleration. I won't get into the mechanics of why because if people still don't understand how electric motors work, they shouldn't be driving period. Those vehicles eventually lose steam so theoretically, a Leaf might take the dig but on the top end, he could get reeled in.

I would love to see an Accent 1.6 obliterate the smile off the face of a Vezel owner who feel his car is a hybrid version to a Civic Si hatch.

JDM people, the speedometer stops at 180kmph. Most of your speed cuts are at that point so you better make sure you can land your point and take the next exit after the 180 mark because if you not careful, there is a geedem fyaz raj ready to do the flyby and you know deep within yuh can't handle it.

In other words, you've achieved top velocity just before couva flyover and yuh ride can only go up to 180, start indicating left early to show him that this is where you exit the highway so you can alert your opponent that you've won and you're over n out. We know fully well you live further south, just make the loop and planass your speedometer back to 180 until claxton bay exit and repeat as necessary.
nervewrecker wrote:How about the nissan leaf? Something I wanna take a crack at real bad, might get a proper cut ass from that.

how about this fella?

https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/releas ... -leaf-plus

some of them triton with cng that NGC had out on the roads does run like bat outa hell.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 4th, 2020, 9:02 pm

Phone Surgeon, I was cautious about that Hyundai dual dry clutch setup from since day 1. When key people who working at Massy tells you that they would never buy one new or used, it tells you the kind of skepticism in the atmosphere. Case in point, Best Auto Ltd. they are now fully absorbed by Massy Automotive but the dealers of VW vehicles got a massive hit in sales. The problem with VWs is their reliability and it was poor even before the introduction of DSG. But the stain of dual clutch remains and that is something a lot of people are not willing to put up with.

Then the Veloster came and that turned out to be headache for many owners. That too is dual clutch. The Tucson 1.6T with DCT combo was dropped from the North American market after suffering major setbacks due to high failure rates. Enjoy them while they new, but be warned, get rid of them while you still can, because as they increase in age and plummet in value, it may end up like Daewoo Cielos, VW Boras, Rovers, MGs, Peugeot’s, Renault’s and Citroen’s etc..ie. Parked up in an empty lot of land with bush growing around it and slowly rotting away.

Scotty, from a design perspective, I don’t understand how post 2016 DI Motors would not build carbon because fundamentally the concept remains the same which is, fuel is injected directly into the combustion chamber. The injectors is after the intake valves and not before it. The only DI motor I trust is Mazda’s Skyactiv. Outside of that, it’s a no no for me.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 4th, 2020, 9:14 pm

agent007 wrote:Phone Surgeon, I was cautious about that Hyundai dual dry clutch setup from since day 1. When key people who working at Massy tells you that they would never buy one new or used, it tells you the kind of skepticism in the atmosphere. Case in point, Best Auto Ltd. they are now fully absorbed by Massy Automotive but the dealers of VW vehicles got a massive hit in sales. The problem with VWs is their reliability and it was poor even before the introduction of DSG. But the stain of dual clutch remains and that is something a lot of people are not willing to put up with..

i only find out about that dual clutch scene when collecting the vehicle loll

hear na.,...even to come out off fcb san juan underground parking lot is a small headache, because there always wet for some reason and people always walking in front

endless times you halfway up the ramp and hadda slow down because someone crossing in front,so all power gone once you mash brakes/let go gas....and hadda roll back to the bottom to try again

its really alot of unexpected headache

a padna of mine have the same model,
he gone up maracas a day with it, in heavy traffic he had to pull aside because he get warnings that the transmission overheating
i guess from coasting forward on brakes
had to wait for it to cool down

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 4th, 2020, 9:48 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
agent007 wrote:Phone Surgeon, I was cautious about that Hyundai dual dry clutch setup from since day 1. When key people who working at Massy tells you that they would never buy one new or used, it tells you the kind of skepticism in the atmosphere. Case in point, Best Auto Ltd. they are now fully absorbed by Massy Automotive but the dealers of VW vehicles got a massive hit in sales. The problem with VWs is their reliability and it was poor even before the introduction of DSG. But the stain of dual clutch remains and that is something a lot of people are not willing to put up with..

i only find out about that dual clutch scene when collecting the vehicle loll

hear na.,...even to come out off fcb san juan underground parking lot is a small headache, because there always wet for some reason and people always walking in front

endless times you halfway up the ramp and hadda slow down because someone crossing in front,so all power gone once you mash brakes/let go gas....and hadda roll back to the bottom to try again

its really alot of unexpected headache

a padna of mine have the same model,
he gone up maracas a day with it, in heavy traffic he had to pull aside because he get warnings that the transmission overheating
i guess from coasting forward on brakes
had to wait for it to cool down

You wont have those issues with stick shift, just sayin

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » October 5th, 2020, 12:08 am

Hyundai Tucson 1.6GDi-T:
Unless you driving something from Germany with a 2.0T motor or perhaps a CRV 1.5T or Equinox 1.5T, or Kuga 1.5/1.6T then don't waste your time. That hyundai will embarrass you and it doesn't matter if your very rare RAV4 is the 2.4 or 2.5 version, or your older CRV is the 2.4 version or your Xtrail T31 is the 2.5 version or even the Outlander 2.4....you will get plenty licks. The CX5 2.5 might have a chance but I'm leaning more to a no for that one too. If you happen to have a CX7 2.3T or a Forester XT 2.0T then hooray for you.

hehehhee...HAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAA *wheeze... I have a 2011 2.0 Tobo Deezel van that has consistently surprised this idiotic van, it's variants that yuo've mentioned and its drivers with their false sense of superiority on our nayshun's roads.

untuned too!! #BrokkoStyling.

Good ched.. light sunday reading.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » October 5th, 2020, 8:50 am

Ent vezel is dry clutch? What about hyundai and kia ketching fire jus so and u have to park outside? Idk if that is merica only.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » October 5th, 2020, 8:55 am

How those Nissan xtrail hybrid 2.0 rated for racing ?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 5th, 2020, 10:05 am

Nissan in their press release back in 2015 did indicate that the Xtrail Hybrid 2.0 is superior to its non hybrid equivalent (referencing the QR25DE) motor across the entire rev range.

But we never got any T32s with a QR25DE motor, so comparing a local 2.0 to a grey market import XH would spell embarrassment for the local which has about 142hp?

I would classify the XH as a mild hybrid where the EM kicks in less times than say a Toyota HSD system. Once the engine, motor and clutch are all aligned, the peak posted flywheel hp is at 176 and combined torque is estimated at 300Nm.

I was able to pass a Tucson turbo 2 yrs ago but I did not count that as a win for me because something was telling me that I had a lead start on him. Either way, he exited north to go Champs Fleurs and I exited west to enter the CRH. In other words, in a longer stretch, I expected the XH speed cut to kick in @ 180, which would allow the Tucson to eventually pass me with a guarantee.

So it ain't no slouch but I would be careful with CVT xtrails because of how weak Jatco automatics are in general.

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » October 5th, 2020, 5:37 pm

Drove a 2015 Q5, that thing is crazy quick..

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » October 5th, 2020, 7:01 pm

New cripple fight thread?

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » October 5th, 2020, 7:06 pm

Ulyuh sounding like the spectators from Initial D :lol:

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 5th, 2020, 7:21 pm

The Tofu-shop Eight Six?!

iM@st@1
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby iM@st@1 » October 5th, 2020, 7:22 pm

RS200 checking in, true talk about those accords, ran one but couldn't ketch him :lol:

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » October 6th, 2020, 9:03 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:one thing tho, ive had issues from day one with the 2019 tucson, that dual or dry clutch transmission isnt suited for our traffic

always get this terrible jerking motion when driving in traffic, you know how normally you could roll or coast forward on your brakes, thats apparently destructive and a big no no for that vehicle.

another MAJOR issue is going up any wet hill where you end up braking, like if theres a hump on the hill or traffic etc.

it's not a matter of not suited to 'our' traffic
For one thing, traffic here isn't unique or special
Dual clutch systems require a change in driving style. Like you said, you can't inch in traffic by lightly releasing the brake pedal, the way you would with an automatic
The clutches need to engage fully, which means fully letting off the brake
This means that in traffic, you need to let a bit of a gap open up in front of you before moving forward, so the clutch can fully engage, otherwise most DCTs will buck and hunt. And no, if you open a gap, people won't cut in front of you every time. I do it all the time
Also to avoid it 'hunting' between 1st and 2nd, try leaving it in manual mode in traffic so it won't try to upshift from 1st
US drivers can't make the mental change in driving style for DCTs so pretty much every economy car maker has gone back to auto. Ford had similar problems with the Focus, to the point they agreed to buy them back, but a lot of it had to do with people driving them like autos....kinda like how CVTs got a bad name because people assumed they were slipping, and therefore defective
Re humps on hills, I have that problem with my manual cars. The problem with humps on hills when it's wet is the road tends to be greasy from cars like mine :lol: that drip a bit of oil when they slow down for humps. There's one I avoid in Ste Madeline because it's virtually impossible for my rwd car to get traction both before and after the hump, once I come to a dead stop. Hill assist is supposed to help with that, and again try putting it in 1st / manual mode for moving off on hills

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 6th, 2020, 9:23 am

^i'm the one leaving 2 car lengths in front in traffic by changing my driving habits for a DCT. Also shift into L to fully engage the 1st gear up to 35km/hr and to charge the battery at the same time. When you press down on the brakes enough to stop the car to 0, the computer disengages the dual clutch completely. If there is any rolling movement like in creeping traffic, the clutch is always engaged and wearing out slowly. Same thing with an incline, holding the car with the 1st gear is bad because that force of the weight of the car on an incline is transferred unnecessarily to the clutch to hold it there, rather than the brakes... so given time with a continuous bad habit it will start to slip.

So when you see it on the highway or on the main road traffic "holding up traffic for impatient bushingholes who need to be 5 meters ahead", that's me.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » October 6th, 2020, 9:36 am

yeah holding a DCT in gear on a hill vs using the brakes is just dumb
Rolling is fine once you're completely off the brakes. 'Dragging' with the brakes will kill the clutch
Even with my manual cars, I always try as much as possible let a gap open so I can let off the clutch completely to roll
Both cars have enough tq to roll with the clutch completely engaged and foot completely off the gas. The MINI does a solid 9 kph on idle rpms

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » October 6th, 2020, 9:57 am

MG Man wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:one thing tho, ive had issues from day one with the 2019 tucson, that dual or dry clutch transmission isnt suited for our traffic

it's not a matter of not suited to 'our' traffic
For one thing, traffic here isn't unique or special
Dual clutch systems require a change in driving style. Like you said, you can't inch in traffic by lightly releasing the brake pedal, the way you would with an automatic
The clutches need to engage fully, which means fully letting off the brake
This means that in traffic, you need to let a bit of a gap open up in front of you before moving forward, so the clutch can fully engage, otherwise most DCTs will buck and hunt. And no, if you open a gap, people won't cut in front of you every time. I do it all the time
Also to avoid it 'hunting' between 1st and 2nd, try leaving it in manual mode in traffic so it won't try to upshift from 1st
US drivers can't make the mental change in driving style for DCTs so pretty much every economy car maker has gone back to auto. Ford had similar problems with the Focus, to the point they agreed to buy them back, but a lot of it had to do with people driving them like autos....kinda like how CVTs got a bad name because people assumed they were slipping, and therefore defective
Re humps on hills, I have that problem with my manual cars. The problem with humps on hills when it's wet is the road tends to be greasy from cars like mine that drip a bit of oil when they slow down for humps. There's one I avoid in Ste Madeline because it's virtually impossible for my rwd car to get traction both before and after the hump, once I come to a dead stop. Hill assist is supposed to help with that, and again try putting it in 1st / manual mode for moving off on hills
I in manul mode in taffic....when U leave a 2 car gap and when it is time to move...and u then fully release the brakes to move .... do you have to press gas at a certain number (15kmph)or let it creep up by itself? Sorry for being technical.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » October 6th, 2020, 10:26 am

I just let idle revs move it forward. I'll only apply gas if traffic continues to move at faster than idle-speed crawl

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » October 6th, 2020, 10:30 am

MG Man wrote:I just let idle revs move it forward. I'll only apply gas if traffic continues to move at faster than idle-speed crawl

I does always try to avoid traffic in the first place(checking waze and google traffic)..so I jus wanna confirm what to do. Thanks.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » October 6th, 2020, 11:32 am

ZF to the world !!! None of those double clutch garbage.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » October 6th, 2020, 11:44 am

j.o.e wrote:ZF to the world !!! None of those double clutch garbage.

correct
ZF 8-speed is the one transmission to rule them all...it really makes a DCT pointless
DCT is all hype and marketing, but in reality they are complex, expensive and glitchy
Except for Porsche's PDK...oh by gawd it's wonderful, even in traffic...also it's a wet. clutch setup The one on our Focus is dry...guessing the Korean ones are dry as well
But yeah, unless you're Porsche, offering a DCT is just stupid when the ZF can do the same job better

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » October 6th, 2020, 11:46 am

MG Man wrote:

correct
ZF 8-speed is the one transmission to rule them all...it really makes a DCT pointless
DCT is all hype and marketing, but in reality they are complex, expensive and glitchy
Except for Porsche's PDK...oh by gawd it's wonderful, even in traffic...also it's a wet. clutch setup The one on our Focus is dry...guessing the Korean ones are dry as well
But yeah, unless you're Porsche, offering a DCT is just stupid when the ZF can do the same job better

Yea PDK sounds really good on reviews but the way my bank account set up I never experienced it.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » October 6th, 2020, 11:55 am

j.o.e wrote:
MG Man wrote:

correct

Yea PDK sounds really good on reviews but the way my bank account set up I never experienced it.

better it stays that way
Otherwise you'll be like me...broke with a taste of what life could be :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Meem gonna lie tho...that Carrera S tho....sigh

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » October 6th, 2020, 12:01 pm

MG Man wrote:
j.o.e wrote:
MG Man wrote:

correct

better it stays that way
Otherwise you'll be like me...broke with a taste of what life could be :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Meem gonna lie tho...that Carrera S tho....sigh

One day for me. Even though whenever I can afford a Porsche would go manual once I have the choice.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 6th, 2020, 12:55 pm

MG Man, I heard nightmares about the Ford PowerShift in the Focus 1.6 and Kuga 1.6T, however, I understand things got more stable with the 6AT replacements.

For those on the lower echelons who may never know the feeling of having a ZF transmission, kindly pay attention to Mazda’s Skyactiv Drive portfolio, it delivers all of the theoretical advantages of the CVT and DCT but without the loss in driving feel of the former and the headache attached to the latter.

Yuh gotta love this new Mazda rebirth. Their engineers are truly the descendents of samurai masters!

There is a YT video of a Mazda 6 2.5 running against an Audi A6 2.0T and the Audi just couldn’t beat it. In fact, the 6 reeled him in without the use of a turbo.

So on that note, I would like to see a new Mazda 3 1.5 run against an Elantra/Cerato 1.6. Let’s see if the Korean siblings can truly prove hp and torque superiority and let the Mazda transmission do the talking.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”