TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Vehicles you should not race...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7620
Joined: August 5th, 2005, 9:50 am
Location: UP IN DA HEEZY!

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby *KRONIK* » October 8th, 2020, 6:01 pm

Deddddddddddddddddddd
coltspeed wrote:Confirmed OP is Shane Ali

User avatar
eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12997
Joined: March 10th, 2006, 1:36 am
Location: Feeding asparagus to dolphins
Contact:

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby eliteauto » October 8th, 2020, 6:14 pm

coltspeed wrote:Confirmed OP is Shane Ali


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so this is where he end up

User avatar
ruffneck_12
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6514
Joined: May 4th, 2008, 3:29 pm
Location: I doh live no wey
Contact:

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby ruffneck_12 » October 8th, 2020, 9:06 pm

Sundar wrote:So no one gonna mention/discuss the Laurels / Cefiros ?




it only popular as a 'race' car cuz it rwd with a big engine :lol:



Too long to do anything other than to drag or to do the skrrrks ting
Make sure you don't use a laurel with the missing B pillar. God forbid you flip without a roll cage.

I rather buy a honda hatch and bend a corner fast

Sundar
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1382
Joined: July 5th, 2012, 12:33 pm
Location: Rock Road
Contact:

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby Sundar » October 9th, 2020, 9:47 am

ruffneck_12 wrote:
Sundar wrote:So no one gonna mention/discuss the Laurels / Cefiros ?




it only popular as a 'race' car cuz it rwd with a big engine :lol:



Too long to do anything other than to drag or to do the skrrrks ting
Make sure you don't use a laurel with the missing B pillar. God forbid you flip without a roll cage.

I rather buy a honda hatch and bend a corner fast

The Lack of B Pillar is a concern, but i could remedy that. these corner like a beast.

User avatar
agent007
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1717
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby agent007 » October 9th, 2020, 10:49 am

Lol Meem know what alluh talking about nah, my first name is James!

Now since we on the topic of Laurels especially no post ones, to me they should win all street races by default because the driver and the car are usually both unstable.

Let me explain: When they get licks by 1/2JZ single turbo Altezzas for example, the white oak that did nothing to their heads from Caura all the way to the Solomon hochoy Highway will suddenly kick in at the beating point and that’s where erratic driving can turn deadly and they usually take out (apart from their own lives) that of oncoming traffic, cable barriers and light poles etc.

So leave them in they glee.

User avatar
MG Man
2NRholic
Posts: 22901
Joined: May 1st, 2003, 1:31 pm
Location: between cinco leg

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby MG Man » October 9th, 2020, 11:24 am

agent007 wrote:Lol Meem know what alluh talking about nah, my first name is James!

Now since we on the topic of Laurels especially no post ones, to me they should win all street races by default because the driver and the car are usually both unstable.

Let me explain: When they get licks by 1/2JZ single turbo Altezzas for example, the white oak that did nothing to their heads from Caura all the way to the Solomon hochoy Highway will suddenly kick in at the beating point and that’s where erratic driving can turn deadly and they usually take out (apart from their own lives) that of oncoming traffic, cable barriers and light poles etc.

So leave them in they glee.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: the Rajistan Nation frowns on your shenanigans

User avatar
viedcht
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 989
Joined: November 27th, 2014, 4:50 pm

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby viedcht » October 9th, 2020, 12:23 pm

So considering almost all imported sedan, hatches are FWD, are there any AWD cars in the list agent?

User avatar
agent007
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1717
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby agent007 » October 9th, 2020, 2:11 pm

What in terms of the naughty list for awd? If so, I don’t recall any idiots in anything 4motion, Quattro, 4matic or xdrive. I think the wildness honor belongs to the WRX/STi, Legacy GT, Forester STi, EVO and VR4 owners. More so the subies cause it have more on the road. But I not painting all in the same picture, it’s the occasional wild man that does spoil things. But I have no jokes for STi and EVO owners cause they own the roads, very few cars can literally beat them so wheneva I see that their Paul walker glands in full force, I usually pull to the left and let them be.

User avatar
MG Man
2NRholic
Posts: 22901
Joined: May 1st, 2003, 1:31 pm
Location: between cinco leg

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby MG Man » October 9th, 2020, 2:54 pm

agent007 wrote:What in terms of the naughty list for awd? If so, I don’t recall any idiots in anything 4motion, Quattro, 4matic or xdrive. I think the wildness honor belongs to the WRX/STi, Legacy GT, Forester STi, EVO and VR4 owners. More so the subies cause it have more on the road. But I not painting all in the same picture, it’s the occasional wild man that does spoil things. But I have no jokes for STi and EVO owners cause they own the roads, very few cars can literally beat them so wheneva I see that their Paul walker glands in full force, I usually pull to the left and let them be.



navara and luxylux drivvers...duh

User avatar
viedcht
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 989
Joined: November 27th, 2014, 4:50 pm

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby viedcht » October 9th, 2020, 2:56 pm

agent007 wrote:What in terms of the naughty list for awd? If so, I don’t recall any idiots in anything 4motion, Quattro, 4matic or xdrive. I think the wildness honor belongs to the WRX/STi, Legacy GT, Forester STi, EVO and VR4 owners. More so the subies cause it have more on the road. But I not painting all in the same picture, it’s the occasional wild man that does spoil things. But I have no jokes for STi and EVO owners cause they own the roads, very few cars can literally beat them so wheneva I see that their Paul walker glands in full force, I usually pull to the left and let them be.
Yeah I meant excluding the eurowarriazzez dem, I'm always happy to see an AWD Japan sedan aside from them subies and evomen

User avatar
juggernaught
Street 2NR
Posts: 97
Joined: March 25th, 2013, 3:50 pm

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby juggernaught » October 9th, 2020, 3:38 pm

agent007 wrote:What in terms of the naughty list for awd? If so, I don’t recall any idiots in anything 4motion, Quattro, 4matic or xdrive. I think the wildness honor belongs to the WRX/STi, Legacy GT, Forester STi, EVO and VR4 owners. More so the subies cause it have more on the road. But I not painting all in the same picture, it’s the occasional wild man that does spoil things. But I have no jokes for STi and EVO owners cause they own the roads, very few cars can literally beat them so wheneva I see that their Paul walker glands in full force, I usually pull to the left and let them be.




Soooo agent what you jiving???

User avatar
agent007
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1717
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby agent007 » October 9th, 2020, 3:54 pm

Toyota Rush with a k&n drop in and some rays light weight rims sourced by bolo to aid in p2w ratio. I removed the spare tyre and took the Aqua (my other ride) fix a flat kit to reduce weight as well. I also removed the 3rd row cause it makes no sense to me. I would say I’m up there in the quasi big boys club.

In movies, I drive an Aston Martin but this I think you already knew.

User avatar
MG Man
2NRholic
Posts: 22901
Joined: May 1st, 2003, 1:31 pm
Location: between cinco leg

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby MG Man » October 9th, 2020, 4:01 pm

agent007 wrote:Toyota Rush with a k&n drop in and some rays light weight rims sourced by bolo to aid in p2w ratio. I removed the spare tyre and took the Aqua (my other ride) fix a flat kit to reduce weight as well. I also removed the 3rd row cause it makes no sense to me. I would say I’m up there in the quasi big boys club.

In movies, I drive an Aston Martin but this I think you already knew.


how's the rwd dynamics of it? Seems a bit narrow for much shenanigans but who knows

RedVEVO
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6574
Joined: March 8th, 2017, 1:05 am

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby RedVEVO » October 9th, 2020, 4:21 pm

agent007 wrote:Toyota Rush with a k&n drop in and some rays light weight rims sourced by bolo to aid in p2w ratio. I removed the spare tyre and took the Aqua (my other ride) fix a flat kit to reduce weight as well. I also removed the 3rd row cause it makes no sense to me. I would say I’m up there in the quasi big boys club.

In movies, I drive an Aston Martin but this I think you already knew.


You own a Aqua ? Well that explains a lot :lol: :lol:

A car ( vehicle ) a man drives explains a lot .

Like how a man dresses . Likewise the GF, his wife , the babes.

When you drive The Euro there is no turning back ..

Only turning heads :lol: :lol:

User avatar
MG Man
2NRholic
Posts: 22901
Joined: May 1st, 2003, 1:31 pm
Location: between cinco leg

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby MG Man » October 9th, 2020, 4:24 pm

what wrong with an Aqua?
I really can't understand why so many trinis turn up their noses to them?
Is it a money / class / snob thing?
It's a nice practical car and offers good value for money

RedVEVO
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6574
Joined: March 8th, 2017, 1:05 am

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby RedVEVO » October 9th, 2020, 4:27 pm

MG Man wrote:what wrong with an Aqua?
I really can't understand why so many trinis turn up their noses to them?
Is it a money / class / snob thing?
It's a nice practical car and offers good value for money


Again ..

A MAN needs a car that distinguishes HIM ..

An Aqua defines a person who is ... and ... and ... etc.
An Aqua is for ... and ... and ..
Like a YARIS ..

Men dreaming too much about movies and Martin :D :D

Even the Movies get it correct :lol: :lol:

Get a Euro and 12 packs of condies.

And LIVE LIFE :roll: :roll:

User avatar
maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7677
Joined: March 16th, 2012, 10:47 am
Location: ᑐᑌᑎᕮ

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby maj. tom » October 9th, 2020, 4:39 pm

MG Man wrote:what wrong with an Aqua?
I really can't understand why so many trinis turn up their noses to them?
Is it a money / class / snob thing?
It's a nice practical car and offers good value for money


The Tiida is a fine car as well. I never turned my nose up at one, decent engine, lots of passenger space inside. But the statistics of jackassness on our roads concerning that name... has created a stereotype. A stereotype that naturally attracts one kind and repels another. Aqua is becoming the new Tiida.

User avatar
Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 15787
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 8:07 am
Location: playing with above and below
Contact:

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby Dave » October 9th, 2020, 5:15 pm

A person who is balancing their financial affairs drive what their budget says they can afford.
Would love to see what you drive? Them again it won't be a picture and it if an actual local picture pretty sure it isn't yours. Your reputation precedes itself!
RedVEVO wrote:
MG Man wrote:what wrong with an Aqua?
I really can't understand why so many trinis turn up their noses to them?
Is it a money / class / snob thing?
It's a nice practical car and offers good value for money


Again ..

A MAN needs a car that distinguishes HIM ..

An Aqua defines a person who is ... and ... and ... etc.
An Aqua is for ... and ... and ..
Like a YARIS ..

Men dreaming too much about movies and Martin :D :D

Even the Movies get it correct

Get a Euro and 12 packs of condies.

And LIVE LIFE :roll: :roll:

User avatar
agent007
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1717
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby agent007 » October 9th, 2020, 6:01 pm

Aqua is a descent flick but noted on the new Tiida thing. A lot of a$$wipes are drawn to it too as the club is indicative of same. But it also attracts people who were die hard fans of other brands into the Toyota brand who never for once thought they could afford Toyota (like one of Trinituner’s most ardent Mitsubishi fanboys) joined in too.

MG Man, It has body roll and handling dynamics similar to an np300 frontier LE because the rear suspension despite attached to a body on frame architecture, it uses coil springs as opposed to leaf. The factory tyres 215/60/17 are too narrow. 225/55/17 is a bit better and reduces CoG slightly. Take a roundabout or flyover exit too quick then yes you will definitely oversteer. In a world of bad roads, traffic and demerit points, the Rush is just right.

User avatar
ProtonPowder
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1136
Joined: April 2nd, 2018, 1:15 pm

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby ProtonPowder » October 9th, 2020, 6:20 pm

The first time i sat in an aqua, i was pleasantly surprised with the space inside compared to its external appearance.

Is a nice car at its own price point.

The best car is any car that its owner can afford and keep in good condition.

User avatar
rebound
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1446
Joined: July 2nd, 2010, 12:40 pm

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby rebound » October 9th, 2020, 6:39 pm

The real pretenders are the ones who buy the "highend" vehicles with all their money for image, and live month to month.

When you puchase a vehicle you can actually afford, life is so much easier and you can save for a rainy day..

User avatar
Rovin
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5036
Joined: January 23rd, 2014, 1:14 pm
Location: Heart of Chaguanas ...

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby Rovin » October 9th, 2020, 6:57 pm

tiida good grocery getter knockabout car , jes some happened to be owned by some backsides , same with backsides owning rajlux, navara, ranger & d rest of pickups

aqua nice inside out , suitable for smaller built shorter persons, ppl with bigger frames might find it a bit claustrophobic at 1st impression

same with note or march

all still good econo rides ...

User avatar
viedcht
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 989
Joined: November 27th, 2014, 4:50 pm

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby viedcht » October 9th, 2020, 7:02 pm

rebound wrote:The real pretenders are the ones who buy the "highend" vehicles with all their money for image, and live month to month


Or claim they own a euro, also enjoys bluefin tuna ceviche washed down with 2 Stella, or Japanese beers wit a sigurr to finish.

Talk is free
Just saying

User avatar
viedcht
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 989
Joined: November 27th, 2014, 4:50 pm

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby viedcht » October 9th, 2020, 7:06 pm

Only worry for aqua owners now is dey tiefin' dem quick. If deynot taking the car, dey digging out finishers an ting. man gone with my cuz emblem last month
Rovin wrote:tiida good grocery getter knockabout car , jes some happened to be owned by some backsides , same with backsides owning rajlux, navara, ranger & d rest of pickups

aqua nice inside out , suitable for smaller built shorter persons, ppl with bigger frames might find it a bit claustrophobic at 1st impression

same with note or march

all still good econo rides ...

RedVEVO
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6574
Joined: March 8th, 2017, 1:05 am

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby RedVEVO » October 10th, 2020, 2:28 am

Dave wrote:A person who is balancing their financial affairs drive what their budget says they can afford.
Would love to see what you drive? Them again it won't be a picture and it if an actual local picture pretty sure it isn't yours. Your reputation precedes itself!
RedVEVO wrote:
MG Man wrote:what wrong with an Aqua?
I really can't understand why so many trinis turn up their noses to them?
Is it a money / class / snob thing?
It's a nice practical car and offers good value for money


Again ..

A MAN needs a car that distinguishes HIM ..

An Aqua defines a person who is ... and ... and ... etc.
An Aqua is for ... and ... and ..
Like a YARIS ..

Men dreaming too much about movies and Martin :D :D

Even the Movies get it correct

Get a Euro and 12 packs of condies.

And LIVE LIFE :roll: :roll:


Owning a man's car has NOTHING to do with BUDGET :D :D

Ms Guided Green Jello Papi "balancing their financial etc.," above missing the whole point about MAN and HIS CAR !

If everybody thought YOUR way then EVERYBODY would be driving TIDA , YARIS , AQUA and NANO.

These are good cars but these are NOT a MAN'S CAR !! These cars were designed for specific people.

And THE MAN would have no dreams and live a / your DULL DULL life :roll: :roll:


And Tuner & Tuner Bad Boys with Bad A$$ Man Cars would NOT even exist :D :D

User avatar
juggernaught
Street 2NR
Posts: 97
Joined: March 25th, 2013, 3:50 pm

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby juggernaught » October 11th, 2020, 7:16 pm

I think there are some people who like euros but don’t have euro pockets....eg. a man who never owned one and gone to buy a old series bmw or Benz, now that’s headache if you don’t have the right contact for parts, but a lot of people like me can afford a euro-the latest one at that and still live comfortably and it’s not for status it’s simply because you like the quality as opposed to some Japanese and Korean variants.

User avatar
nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 22281
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 2:27 pm
Location: The world is fl4t

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby nervewrecker » October 11th, 2020, 7:21 pm

Rovin wrote:tiida good grocery getter knockabout car , jes some happened to be owned by some backsides , same with backsides owning rajlux, navara, ranger & d rest of pickups

aqua nice inside out , suitable for smaller built shorter persons, ppl with bigger frames might find it a bit claustrophobic at 1st impression

same with note or march

all still good econo rides ...


Correct is right, tiida is a very economical ride. parts cheap, spacious, dceent on fuel, has some alright speed for what it is. I hate the engine design to change lugs though.

Aqua is also nice but I cant drive in that silence nah.

User avatar
Les Bain
punchin NOS
Posts: 3622
Joined: May 17th, 2012, 9:46 pm
Location: Cruising for chicks

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby Les Bain » October 11th, 2020, 7:34 pm

MG Man wrote:what wrong with an Aqua?
I really can't understand why so many trinis turn up their noses to them?
Is it a money / class / snob thing?
It's a nice practical car and offers good value for money


Overcompensation for a poor childhood drives economies like you wouldnt believe.

User avatar
ScHoolboySoloQ
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 225
Joined: August 13th, 2018, 9:14 pm

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby ScHoolboySoloQ » October 11th, 2020, 9:08 pm

A Forester mash down on me today. I feel sick!

User avatar
agent007
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1717
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Vehicles you should not race...

Postby agent007 » October 11th, 2020, 9:16 pm

You mean a Forester XT because a regular 2.0 Forester might not be able to out-run the typical kakasplat aggressive Cerato driver. Yuh know the ones who drive with their blasted LED converted fog lights on and the the DRLs takes over for the low beam headlights at nights? Those types I'm referring to!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: redmanjp and 130 guests