TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

CARNIVAL 2021 CANCELLED! - PM announces

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin
Posts: 22802
Joined: March 24th, 2003, 10:27 am
Location: T&T
Contact:

CARNIVAL 2021 CANCELLED! - PM announces

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 28th, 2020, 2:09 pm

There will be no Carnival celebrations in 2021, due to the current COVID-19 pandemic.

This was revealed by Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley, who made the announcement while speaking at the Spotlight on the Budget 2021 Forum hosted by the Ministry of Finance.

With October just around the corner, the PM said it “would be madness to be talking about Carnival in February.”

“I see no future for Carnival in Trinidad and Tobago in the months ahead and today I can put everybody on notice that unless there is some dramatic wind that will blow across us where by Christmas pandemic would have been a thing of the past, Carnival in Trinidad and Tobago in 2021 is not on,” he said.

Accepting that there would be significant economic fallout from the decision, the PM noted that the nation would have to incur it to avoid a major spread of COVID-19.

“Let us be thankful that we’re all still alive to see each other’s face. Let us remember what our country passed through in 1918,” he said.

https://ojoworldtt.com/breaking-carniva ... announces/

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14836
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby pugboy » September 28th, 2020, 2:10 pm

billions of dollars that woulda benefit economy lost now

User avatar
Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin
Posts: 22802
Joined: March 24th, 2003, 10:27 am
Location: T&T
Contact:

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 28th, 2020, 2:12 pm

PM: Carnival 2021 NOT ON!

THE PRIME MINISTER has definitively stated that Carnival 2021 is effectively cancelled.

"I see no future for Carnival in Trinidad and Tobago in the months ahead...unless there's some dramatic change in the wind that will blow across us by Christmas, Carnival is not on," Dr Rowley declared as he spoke on Monday at the Spotlight on the Economy forum at the Hyatt Regency.

It would be madness, he said, that in the throes of a global pandemic to be even be talking about staging a Carnival in a few short months time.

"With the coronavirus still a major issue in the world around us, it is just not on," he declared. Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, which also celebrates carnival at the same time as TT, has already cancelled its festivities but Venice Carnival was still on as of Monday.

This story is developing.

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/09/28/pm-car ... 21-not-on/

Dohplaydat
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1530
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby Dohplaydat » September 28th, 2020, 2:13 pm

Damn was hoping for a delayed carnival

User avatar
Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin
Posts: 22802
Joined: March 24th, 2003, 10:27 am
Location: T&T
Contact:

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 28th, 2020, 2:15 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:Damn was hoping for a delayed carnival

It may very well be delayed if there is no community spread and if the vaccine becomes widely available

User avatar
VII
punchin NOS
Posts: 3169
Joined: July 29th, 2003, 9:44 pm
Location: maraval
Contact:

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby VII » September 28th, 2020, 2:16 pm

Hope stupid entitled shallow Trinis learn something from this..

User avatar
pete
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 9731
Joined: April 18th, 2003, 1:19 pm
Location: Cruisin around in da GTi
Contact:

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby pete » September 28th, 2020, 2:17 pm

He did say that February would not be possible. Could mean they will be willing to allow it later in the year.

Dohplaydat
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1530
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby Dohplaydat » September 28th, 2020, 2:27 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:Damn was hoping for a delayed carnival

It may very well be delayed if there is no community spread and if the vaccine becomes widely available


Well Jamaica's is in April, I do think though May or late April might be better suited.

User avatar
maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7677
Joined: March 16th, 2012, 10:47 am
Location: ᑐᑌᑎᕮ

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby maj. tom » September 28th, 2020, 2:28 pm

so they going to riot now?

Lou Screuz
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 200
Joined: May 18th, 2019, 3:04 pm

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby Lou Screuz » September 28th, 2020, 2:45 pm

pugboy wrote:billions of dollars that woulda benefit economy lost now


:lol:

User avatar
grandprixtt
Ricer
Posts: 23
Joined: September 21st, 2020, 3:31 pm

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby grandprixtt » September 28th, 2020, 2:48 pm

The three, maybe four people who actually profit from carnival gonna be so vex.

User avatar
MaxPower
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6230
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby MaxPower » September 28th, 2020, 2:49 pm

VII wrote:Hope stupid entitled shallow Trinis learn something from this..


X2

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14836
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby pugboy » September 28th, 2020, 2:50 pm

alcohol companies too

grandprixtt wrote:The three, maybe four people who actually profit from carnival gonna be so vex.

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14836
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby pugboy » September 28th, 2020, 2:51 pm

was being sarcastic
lot of them party monies under the radar
incl boat rides

Lou Screuz wrote:
pugboy wrote:billions of dollars that woulda benefit economy lost now


:lol:

User avatar
MG Man
2NRholic
Posts: 22899
Joined: May 1st, 2003, 1:31 pm
Location: between cinco leg

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby MG Man » September 28th, 2020, 2:53 pm

respect to Rowley for making the tough / unpopular decision

User avatar
aaron17
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2279
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby aaron17 » September 28th, 2020, 3:13 pm

Carnival is still on once you turn it to car-nival.

User avatar
Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin
Posts: 22802
Joined: March 24th, 2003, 10:27 am
Location: T&T
Contact:

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 28th, 2020, 3:15 pm

Guessing there will still be fetes in "private" locations.
Figure people gonna start asking if Monday and Tuesday before ash Wednesday is a holiday

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14836
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby pugboy » September 28th, 2020, 3:18 pm

only in the west and don’t advertise money fee
years ago parties used to use paper chits to get around liquor selling laws
wonder if that still works

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Guessing there will still be fetes in "private" locations.
Figure people gonna start asking if Monday and Tuesday before ash Wednesday is a holiday

User avatar
aaron17
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2279
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby aaron17 » September 28th, 2020, 3:21 pm

Stadium parties with cars on the fields.

User avatar
Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 15784
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 8:07 am
Location: playing with above and below
Contact:

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby Dave » September 28th, 2020, 3:27 pm

Absolutely. He may be more hated than Imbert at this time.
MG Man wrote:respect to Rowley for making the tough / unpopular decision

Kenjo
30 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2620
Joined: March 19th, 2009, 10:31 pm
Location: Home

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby Kenjo » September 28th, 2020, 3:30 pm

pugboy wrote:only in the west and don’t advertise money fee
years ago parties used to use paper chits to get around liquor selling laws
wonder if that still works

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Guessing there will still be fetes in "private" locations.
Figure people gonna start asking if Monday and Tuesday before ash Wednesday is a holiday

Wasn’t the paper chits just to secure their money easier? Also if you weren’t a big drinker you would always end up with extra chits

User avatar
MaxPower
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6230
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby MaxPower » September 28th, 2020, 3:38 pm

Just wanted to commend Commander Keith for his excellent decision in cancelling Carnival 2021.

This should be a permanent cancellation until the citizens of T&T prove to be responsible after a 5 year evaluation.

User avatar
De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 13240
Joined: January 27th, 2004, 3:49 am
Location: Enjoying my little miracles............

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby De Dragon » September 28th, 2020, 3:42 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:PM: Carnival 2021 NOT ON!

THE PRIME MINISTER has definitively stated that Carnival 2021 is effectively cancelled.

"I see no future for Carnival in Trinidad and Tobago in the months ahead...unless there's some dramatic change in the wind that will blow across us by Christmas, Carnival is not on," Dr Rowley declared as he spoke on Monday at the Spotlight on the Economy forum at the Hyatt Regency.

It would be madness, he said, that in the throes of a global pandemic to be even be talking about staging a Carnival in a few short months time.

"With the coronavirus still a major issue in the world around us, it is just not on," he declared. Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, which also celebrates carnival at the same time as TT, has already cancelled its festivities but Venice Carnival was still on as of Monday.

This story is developing.

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/09/28/pm-car ... 21-not-on/

That is not definitively :? Kudos to the PM still, for actually voicing and thus preparing people for the possible delay/cancellation of Carnival 2020. Better to get out in front rather than have people geared up for what may not happen in terms of band launches, fetes, gym fees, etc. etc.

User avatar
MaxPower
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6230
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby MaxPower » September 28th, 2020, 3:48 pm

Trinis...

Find allyuh ass to work Carnival Monday and Tuesday and fake sick Wednesday.

Get productive T&T.

User avatar
grandprixtt
Ricer
Posts: 23
Joined: September 21st, 2020, 3:31 pm

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby grandprixtt » September 28th, 2020, 3:57 pm

nice, can we talk about all the other diseases/addictions carnival propogates? ..not yet? ok.

User avatar
mero
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5536
Joined: September 29th, 2008, 6:16 pm
Location: The Life of Pablo

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby mero » September 28th, 2020, 4:00 pm

Go take a lil 4 days for 2022

alfa
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 333
Joined: January 19th, 2015, 4:15 pm

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby alfa » September 28th, 2020, 4:42 pm

maj. tom wrote:so they going to riot now?

Only if kamla did cancel it

abducted
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 634
Joined: April 10th, 2007, 9:35 pm

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby abducted » September 28th, 2020, 4:47 pm

Dave wrote:Absolutely. He may be more hated than Imbert at this time.
MG Man wrote:respect to Rowley for making the tough / unpopular decision

I wonder if the UNC had won the election and Kamla had to make that announcement, there would be rioting for sure, with people saying UNC don't like Carnival.

User avatar
aaron17
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2279
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby aaron17 » September 28th, 2020, 4:48 pm

MaxPower wrote:Trinis...

Find allyuh ass to work Carnival Monday and Tuesday and fake sick Wednesday.

Get productive T&T.
No friends to?

User avatar
rebound
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1446
Joined: July 2nd, 2010, 12:40 pm

Re: Carnival 2021 cancelled - PM announces

Postby rebound » September 28th, 2020, 4:55 pm

And babies...
grandprixtt wrote:nice, can we talk about all the other diseases/addictions carnival propogates? ..not yet? ok.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Redman and 153 guests