this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Erkz
Street 2NR

Stolen - Toyota Hilux

Postby Erkz » September 10th, 2020, 7:19 am

Stolen - Toyota Hilux

TDY 243

Posting for a friend, owner got robbed at gunpoint coming back from work.

Stolen near the Diggity volcano in Debe.

If y'all see it, please report it or DM me.
Last edited by Erkz on September 10th, 2020, 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Stolen - Toyota Hilux

Postby Dave » September 10th, 2020, 7:26 am

What area did the theft originate?

Erkz
Street 2NR

Postby Erkz » September 10th, 2020, 7:32 am

Dave wrote:What area did the theft originate?

Close to the Diggity volcano in Debe.

Knew I forgot to post something. Will add to first post. Thanks for reminding me.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » September 10th, 2020, 8:06 am

No probs man. Hope something works out!
Apart from having full cover I am aware some insurance companies wait a few mths before paying a claim. What is someone to do wrt to any loans they may still have to furnish as well as trying to purchase something else.

Erkz
Street 2NR

Postby Erkz » September 10th, 2020, 8:22 am

Dave wrote:No probs man. Hope something works out!

Cheers

Dave wrote:Apart from having full cover I am aware some insurance companies wait a few mths before paying a claim. What is someone to do wrt to any loans they may still have to furnish as well as trying to purchase something else.

Suffer ;_;

Rainman
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rainman » September 10th, 2020, 8:36 am

That's why I always say "no diggity, no doubt"

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » September 10th, 2020, 8:49 am

sorry to hear that .... but thats why gps or carsearch is so necessary now a days ...

yes i kno that u can circumvent most things , but every little bit helps

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » September 10th, 2020, 9:26 am

I think I see that van before around by Duncan/Philippine area like last week or so.

That got stolen today, or a while now?
Also is there any description of the bandit?

A GPS won't protect you 100%.
If they rip it out, then it served 0% of its purpose.

The "cookeen" method, or remote controlled explosives also wouldn't protect you 100%, but it will make sure the bandit gets some kind of punishment.

Even better if the GPS wasn't destroyed and you can see when the vehicle arrives at the "new owner's home" and then detonate it, wiping out the entire cockroach nest in one go.

If police trace the vehicle back to you, well wasn't it stolen from you?
Say it look like them pest was planning to use the vehicle and explosive to rob some bank or something.

Erkz
Street 2NR

Postby Erkz » September 10th, 2020, 9:51 am

@rainman - lmao

@death365 - yeah, fr. He not too long bought it though, so idk if he got chance to sort it out. Worse part is he next partner used to work carsearch too.

@blaze d chalice - I think is around a week. Now hear bout the scenes. :(

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » September 10th, 2020, 8:12 pm

Dave wrote:No probs man. Hope something works out!
Apart from having full cover I am aware some insurance companies wait a few mths before paying a claim. What is someone to do wrt to any loans they may still have to furnish as well as trying to purchase something else.
Really like which one so? I would like to see this in a policy clause because outside of that, its sheit talk.

Once a vehicle is stolen, the owner must report same asap to the TTPS, it doesn't matter which station you go to.

Secondly, head straight to your insurance company to collect the claim form. When submitting said claim form, you need to submit 2 forms of ID, usually a DP and ID card will work, VAT letter or just provide your BIR # and they can print out your VAT status whether registered or not. Submit a CCO that is not more than 3-6mths old (it varies between companies).

Chances are the insurance certificate may have been in the vehicle's glove box at the time so just incase it was, simply go to a commissioner of affidavits and swear that the certificate was in said vehicle at the time of loss. Retrieve your spare keys for the vehicle and submit that and all documents to your claims dept.

The insurance co. may launch an investigation into said incident where some private investigators may contact you to obtain more info. I would also recommend you pay $50. and apply for a copy of the official PR, signed and stamped by the senior officer (usually the sergeant) in charge of the station you made the report. Wait 2 weeks for it. When you get same, make a copy and send to your insurance company (this is optional) but hey, you need to seek your interest and anything to speed up the process is not a bad thing.

The claims person will make you sign a transfer form so just incase the vehicle is recovered eventually, it becomes the property of the insurance company. They will proceed to authorize your claim less excess and depreciation and there you go.

Some people believe it or not, whilst they made the claim to the insurance company prefer to wait a little bit just incase it was a vehicle with huge sentimental value.

If you're anything like me, I would organize all paperwork, documents, CCO, spare keys, insurance certificate (because I never keep the original in my car for same reasons of having to go to a commissioner of affidavits...just in case nah) and sign transfer form in 1 day and tell them, call me when my cheque is ready.

This is a lesson for everybody. Never keep important stuff in your car like personal documents, mail, laptops and money etc. If you go in my car now, you get nothing except chewing gum, hand sanitizer and a used cloth mask. The glove box has a first aid kit and some napkins and plastic utensils etc.

Steal it for all I care, I dont want it back. But that's just me.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » September 10th, 2020, 8:20 pm

Dad waited 2 mths when his Corolla was stolen. Tatil was the insurer.
Have a client in the brokerage business and he advances clients their claim while the insurance processes and he mentioned 2-3 mths. Didn't ask who the companies were.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”