Making racist remarks? Lock Up

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Making racist remarks? Lock Up

Postby The_Honourable » September 1st, 2020, 8:30 pm

You can be jailed for those racist remarks

If you make comments with offensive racial overtones, you can be forcefully summoned by the Equal Opportunity Commission (EOC), tried and committed to prison for contempt.

The EOC also has the power to grant an injunction preventing people from using racial language.

And it’s all free.

The offended party does not have to pay for a lawyer. All they have to do is visit the EOC’s Ramsaran Street, Chaguanas, office and make a complaint.

Madam Justice Donna Prowell-Raphael, sole judge of the EOC, reminded citizens there was redress available for racism, during a national virtual symposium on Sunday on race relations in Trinidad and Tobago, hosted by the Faculty of Law, at The University of the West Indies, and the Catholic Commission for Social Justice.

Noting “we’re beginning to see some offensive language on social media”, Prowell-Raphael said this can result in racial hatred.

Newspaper columnist Raymond Ramcharitar, another panellist, like several others at the symposium, traced the recurring race factor in Trinidad and Tobago to politics.

“The State and social systems were designed to create racial strife for political purposes,” he said, “Anti-Indian racism is built into the State and has been from the 19th century.

“Indians have been treated as outsiders and faced a stream of racist rhetoric from the press, the leading citizens of creole Trinidad and other institutions.”

On the controversial topic of Ramsaran’s Dairy Products, he said: “A relative of the owners write a racial post on social media. People go in a frenzy and Ramsaran’s products are pulled off the shelves.”

He said, on the other hand, a stream of anti-Indian comments and articles were treated with significantly less outrage. Ramcharitar claimed the present racial circumstances are significantly driven by the international Black Lives Matter movement, which has found its way into T&T. However, the core of that movement, that blacks are racially victimised by whites, is inapplicable to Trinidad, he said.

“How can a group that has been in power for 48 or 58 years be racially disadvantaged?”

Ramcharitar said it’s because Indians are available to be painted as the oppressors in Trinidad. At the same time, he disembodied the notion that Indians in Trinidad are a disempowered minority. He said the reason the People’s National Movement (PNM) has been in power the longest was because of the absence of a viable opposition.

He quoted from the 1974 Hugh Wooding Commission.

“The opposition spent the pre- and post-Independence periods fighting itself, leaving the PNM to take and colonise the State.”

Ramcharitar said United National Congress (UNC) political leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar showed no compunction in sacrificing the national interest in favour of losing the August 10 general election to retain personal status. He said all her predecessors did it.

“Indeed, the Indian parties are characterised by insiders who, when rejected, return to destroy the party.”

Several testimonials from people who said they were victims of racism were read out at the symposium.

One Afro-Trinidad woman said after a general election which the UNC won, an Indian man told her and her family: “Is we time now to spit on n----r.”

She said, ironically, she and her family had voted and campaigned for the UNC.

Many others of mixed ancestry, particularly of Amerindian ethnicity, said they were victims of verbal racial abuse by both Indo and Afro-Trinidadians.

Source: https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/y ... 12257.html

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Making racist remarks? Lock Up

Postby pugboy » September 1st, 2020, 8:35 pm

Is this retroactive ?

Asking for some chinky eye friends I grew up with

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » September 1st, 2020, 8:46 pm

excellent , I hope it's utilised

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 1st, 2020, 8:51 pm

Don’t really mean to hot up allyuh head eh...

But....

Can a legal Venezuelan appeal to the EOC?

I think this will be a great step to eliminating racial discrimination from jealous Trinis....

and ofcourse vice versa.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 1st, 2020, 8:54 pm

Good.
Time for bigots to put their money where their mouth is.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » September 1st, 2020, 8:55 pm

Rofl.

I guess I have to stop bad talking injun ppl.
pugboy wrote:Is this retroactive ?

Asking for some chinky eye friends I grew up with

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 1st, 2020, 9:00 pm

PNM and unc are not races. gotcha

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 1st, 2020, 9:02 pm

Tbh this will likely never work

It will be a bit of work involved to see a judge who then has to make an order of some sort presumably to ttps to go summon the culprit, unless the judges order is strong I don’t see cops going on a beat to find somebody and charge them.

Cops already treat persons with Domestic protection orders with scant disdain.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 1st, 2020, 9:25 pm

The_Honourable wrote:You can be jailed for those racist remarks

If you make comments with offensive racial overtones, you can be forcefully summoned by the Equal Opportunity Commission (EOC), tried and committed to prison for contempt.

The EOC also has the power to grant an injunction preventing people from using racial language.

And it’s all free.

The offended party does not have to pay for a lawyer. All they have to do is visit the EOC’s Ramsaran Street, Chaguanas, office and make a complaint.

Madam Justice Donna Prowell-Raphael, sole judge of the EOC, reminded citizens there was redress available for racism, during a national virtual symposium on Sunday on race relations in Trinidad and Tobago, hosted by the Faculty of Law, at The University of the West Indies, and the Catholic Commission for Social Justice.

Noting “we’re beginning to see some offensive language on social media”, Prowell-Raphael said this can result in racial hatred.

Newspaper columnist Raymond Ramcharitar, another panellist, like several others at the symposium, traced the recurring race factor in Trinidad and Tobago to politics.

“The State and social systems were designed to create racial strife for political purposes,” he said, “Anti-Indian racism is built into the State and has been from the 19th century.

“Indians have been treated as outsiders and faced a stream of racist rhetoric from the press, the leading citizens of creole Trinidad and other institutions.”

On the controversial topic of Ramsaran’s Dairy Products, he said: “A relative of the owners write a racial post on social media. People go in a frenzy and Ramsaran’s products are pulled off the shelves.”

He said, on the other hand, a stream of anti-Indian comments and articles were treated with significantly less outrage. Ramcharitar claimed the present racial circumstances are significantly driven by the international Black Lives Matter movement, which has found its way into T&T. However, the core of that movement, that blacks are racially victimised by whites, is inapplicable to Trinidad, he said.

“How can a group that has been in power for 48 or 58 years be racially disadvantaged?”

Ramcharitar said it’s because Indians are available to be painted as the oppressors in Trinidad. At the same time, he disembodied the notion that Indians in Trinidad are a disempowered minority. He said the reason the People’s National Movement (PNM) has been in power the longest was because of the absence of a viable opposition.

He quoted from the 1974 Hugh Wooding Commission.

“The opposition spent the pre- and post-Independence periods fighting itself, leaving the PNM to take and colonise the State.”

Ramcharitar said United National Congress (UNC) political leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar showed no compunction in sacrificing the national interest in favour of losing the August 10 general election to retain personal status. He said all her predecessors did it.

“Indeed, the Indian parties are characterised by insiders who, when rejected, return to destroy the party.”

Several testimonials from people who said they were victims of racism were read out at the symposium.

One Afro-Trinidad woman said after a general election which the UNC won, an Indian man told her and her family: “Is we time now to spit on n----r.”

She said, ironically, she and her family had voted and campaigned for the UNC.

Many others of mixed ancestry, particularly of Amerindian ethnicity, said they were victims of verbal racial abuse by both Indo and Afro-Trinidadians.

Source: https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/y ... 12257.html
This guy has said nothing new.

I have stated the same over and over again.

It's gonna be hard to prosecute PNM ppl for rascist remarks. Almost all state agencies to prosecute those ppl are all PNM fillied employees.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 1st, 2020, 9:28 pm

pugboy wrote:Tbh this will likely never work

It will be a bit of work involved to see a judge who then has to make an order of some sort presumably to ttps to go summon the culprit, unless the judges order is strong I don’t see cops going on a beat to find somebody and charge them.

Cops already treat persons with Domestic protection orders with scant disdain.
We gonna be faced with PNM police that will hinder the prosecution of PNM ppl. Files, edvedence and cases will go missing and lengthy delays to wear out the victims.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » September 1st, 2020, 9:36 pm

Is beginning they say they beginning to see cases of rachel remarks?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 1st, 2020, 9:45 pm

Interesting argument

(Click to enlarge and zoom)
Attachments
118541051_4565153840192066_5186260503839762561_o.jpg

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » September 1st, 2020, 9:54 pm

Nice, gotta support the victim complex of the 'oppressed' population

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » September 1st, 2020, 10:03 pm

The mighty CRO CRO and his colleagues are not pleased with these developments...

Now they can't "sing" their distasteful racist drivel for a national competition and be paid to ridicule person's of East Indian decent for the entertainment of the afro Trinidadian population

Oh wait... I forgot...this is PNM cuntry....carry on then!

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 1st, 2020, 10:24 pm

So the over sensitive over stupid blm crap has finally found its way down here... :roll:

What’s next.. there needs to be definitions of what offensive racist comments are.... :| :fist:

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 1st, 2020, 10:25 pm

As the I said many of times an African goverment in power for 80% of the time and yet still Indos are see as the oppressors.

Black man pressuring black man but indian taking that blame.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 1st, 2020, 10:28 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:So the over sensitive over stupid blm crap has finally found its way down here... :roll:

What’s next.. there needs to be definitions of what offensive racist comments are.... :| :fist:
I guess too many injun police killing black folk and state agencies pressuring black folk....BLM

Meanwhile 1% living it up while their true racist actions go unoticed

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 2nd, 2020, 7:15 am

MaxPower wrote:Don’t really mean to hot up allyuh head eh...

But....

Can a legal Venezuelan appeal to the EOC?

I think this will be a great step to eliminating racial discrimination from jealous Trinis....

and ofcourse vice versa.

I say so.... on election night Derek Ramsamooj had a chart with a racial breakdown....and had Spanish as a race.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 2nd, 2020, 8:10 am

“On the controversial topic of Ramsaran’s Dairy Products, he said: “A relative of the owners write a racial post on social media. People go in a frenzy and Ramsaran’s products are pulled off the shelves.”
He said, on the other hand, a stream of anti-Indian comments and articles were treated with significantly less outrage. Ramcharitar claimed the present racial circumstances are significantly driven by the international Black Lives Matter movement, which has found its way into T&T. However, the core of that movement, that blacks are racially victimised by whites, is inapplicable to Trinidad, he said.How can a group that has been in power for 48 or 58 years be racially disadvantaged?”

Raymond Ramcharitar better check his privilege

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 2nd, 2020, 8:13 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
“On the controversial topic of Ramsaran’s Dairy Products, he said: “A relative of the owners write a racial post on social media. People go in a frenzy and Ramsaran’s products are pulled off the shelves.”
He said, on the other hand, a stream of anti-Indian comments and articles were treated with significantly less outrage. Ramcharitar claimed the present racial circumstances are significantly driven by the international Black Lives Matter movement, which has found its way into T&T. However, the core of that movement, that blacks are racially victimised by whites, is inapplicable to Trinidad, he said.How can a group that has been in power for 48 or 58 years be racially disadvantaged?”

De man on point

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » September 2nd, 2020, 8:19 am

I killed a cockroach last night while brushing my teeth.

EOC sanitization auto correct:

I killed an insect from the blattodea family last night while brushing my teeth.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 2nd, 2020, 9:02 am

zoom rader wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

De man on point

d man onshit

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 2nd, 2020, 9:38 am

88sins wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

De man on point

d man onshit

Hence ZR's alignment.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 2nd, 2020, 9:57 am

lemme tell allyuh a real occurrence from a small part of my life.

I quite distinctly recall the first time the unc got into office with uncle basdeo at the helm. I was a younger fella, living at home in the country with my parents, in an area that was populated by predominantly into-trinis, and lemme tell allyuh sumn, d amount of "is we time now" I hear from that night throughout the next 5 years it wasn't funny.

Anyway, ffwd a couple weeks after silly season, and one evening I on my way walking home from work. A man of indian descent (who was later found to be in the habit of working T&TEC by day & teefing cow, goat, sheep and other animals by night, mostly animals that belonged to people that shared his ethnic background, & he was found by the owner & police carving up an animal in d bush next to it's pen several months later) was sitting on the side of the road drinking rum & smoking weed with another man when he see me walking. & this clown had nothing better to do at that point than to loudly make the statement, "I feel to kill all dem late fuh school mudda so & so around here", watching me square in my face when he say it whilst I walking by right in front of him. I ignored him & went on my way.

A couple nights later, my sister (she was about 17 @ the time) was walking home from school & when she reach home she was crying & bleeding from her leg. When I & my mother ask what happen, is because that same racist fella let loose a large mongrel dog he used to keep in his yard to bite her on the road. Short story shorter, that dog died that night when I severed it's head in the road in front it's owners house in full view of it's owner. He didn't like it, & I tell him one time, this "late fuh school" will wipe out yuh entire bloodline starting from yuh nani & nana all d way down to the last of his family's offspring in their crib if he ever come around my family or cause any form of a problem for us ever again. I believe he was of the mistaken impression that I was not serious, because he came outside on the road apparently to teach a "late fuh school" a lesson. He didn't think he would collect the blunt edge of a cutlass to he face & a cracked skull for he efforts. I beat that man like he was a miserable mischievous destructive red-headed horn child. After all that I left & went home, police came, I let them know said dog bit my sister earlier, and that I killed the dog on the road because it attacked me on the road & I was defending myself, and that he attacked me on the road for killing said dog, & I again defended myself. That was the end of that. My family never had a problem with him or anybody in his family or anybody in the village after that. I used to hear whispers from certain ppl occasionally after the incident, but other than that nothing.

Moral of the story
Racism is something that's usually embraced by idiots, and said idiots are often encouraged to embrace it by slightly smarter idiots, & they frequently become emboldened by the encouragement.
But when pain start to share like cook food where everybody who playin dotish guaranteed to get a portion 10x more than they could eat, all idiots & slightly smarter idiots alike does get real bright real quick & figure out is best that they keep that shite to themselves. They do not change their thinking, they too stupid to make that decision. They simply conceal their nasty ways until they know they are among those of a similar mindset where they can vent freely

now don't get it twisted, I like everybody, and try to live good with everybody. That is, until a person gives me a reason to not live nice with them. Right now in my area it's a 50/50 mix, and I have 4 confirmed racist neighbors, & they are all indo trinis. I don't study that they are racists, because they know to not bring that dotishness around me & mine, so I move just as nice with them as I do with everybody else. I got no use for useless things, and racism is as useless as it gets. It benefits a person absolutely nothing. If they have the time and energy to waste on something that nets them zero gains, daz dem problem.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 2nd, 2020, 10:00 am

Redman wrote:
88sins wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

De man on point

d man onshit

Hence ZR's alignment.
Then explain how are PNM ppl oppressed when 80% of the time since 1956 they have had a pro black goverment.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 2nd, 2020, 10:19 am

No racial group in this country can hold any high ground when it comes to being more or less racist.

It exists as we all know it does and instead of playing Ganges and Nile every time it comes up the country should instead have some level of discourse on the issue. Clearly there are many unresolved matters particularly between the two largest ethnic groups. Something akin to Mandela's Truth and Reconciliation Commission.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 2nd, 2020, 10:28 am

zoom rader wrote:Then explain how are PNM ppl oppressed when 80% of the time since 1956 they have had a pro black goverment.

zoomie bai, first off, Indo-trini's are black people, and BOTH pnm & unc are comprised of black people.
Secondly, you ever see a written law in T&T that starts with "this shall apply to indo/afro/chinese/arab trini's only" ?
What does a pnm person look like? What does a UNC person look like? Pull a stock photo of an actual PNM person off the web (no politicians eh), or even something that strongly resembles one of or actually is a part of the "PNM people" & post it here as an example. cuz last I observed, going by looks alone you could never know who supporting what political group.

me? I'm not a pnm person, or a unc person. if it were lawfully allowed & I were given the option I'd gladly drown them all in a vat of piss, two at a time, one from each group.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 2nd, 2020, 10:36 am

Dizzy28 wrote:No racial group in this country can hold any high ground when it comes to being more or less racist.

It exists as we all know it does and instead of playing Ganges and Nile every time it comes up the country should instead have some level of discourse on the issue. Clearly there are many unresolved matters particularly between the two largest ethnic groups. Something akin to Mandela's Truth and Reconciliation Commission.

So much truth.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 2nd, 2020, 10:43 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:No racial group in this country can hold any high ground when it comes to being more or less racist.

So much truth.

want some deeper truth?
Both Indians & Africans, were both brought here and abandoned by Europeans, a people who've since before they left ignored our petty stupid rivalries. & half a century later the idiots still squabbling & divided over literally nothing

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 2nd, 2020, 10:44 am

This is why I keep saying untill proper race and discrimination laws including LGBTs are put in place we shall remain a banana republic.

In the UK you dear not use racist terms in public or social media.

You can cuss up a UK police officer in public and they can't do jack, but if a member of the public complains then you get arrested for a public order offence .

Here in banana republic you can't cuss up an officer but you can use N & C words to your hearts delights and describe ppl as murky laggoon inhabitants.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”