Forums

was vex..... but happy now

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nismotrinidappa
I LUV THIS PLACE

was vex..... but happy now

Postby nismotrinidappa » January 25th, 2006, 2:17 pm

MY LOGITECH Z640 5.1 PC SPEAKERS I HAVE I LOVE THEM BAD.
LAST WEEK MY SUB BLOW ON ME.... SO MIH PADNA CAME TODAY TO TAKE IT TO FIX...... HE OPEN IT UP AND CALL MIH ONE TIME.....IT SUPPOSE TO HAVE A 8 INCH IN IT..... HE SAY HE SEE A 4 INCH....SO I DO SOME RESEARCH ONLINE AND THIS WHAT I FOUND

Pros: The satelites are light so when they fall off the wall they wont crack_the_sub_makes_a_good_footstool.
Cons: Breaks, harsh sound quality, not really an 8" sub, trashy satelites, undefined bass
Ok where d i start,

The logitech 5.1 has quite a bit of volume if your tone deaf , the subwoofer is not really an 8" sub, if you open it up theres really a little small 5" in there and the 8" you actualy see is just a passive radiator to actually make the little 5" have low bass.

Remove the grilles on the satelites and the centre and you will find a very little 2" or so speaker.These satelites do not sound good at any volume.

3 days ago i noticed the system wouldnt turn on, so the system is completly dead
I will never buy a logitech product again.

MIH PADNA SAY IZ LIKE LIKE A 8 INCH PIECE AH CARDBOARD IN D FRONT....THE SPEAKER FACING INSIDE THE BOX....I SWEAR IS D SPEAKER MOVING WHEN I PLAYING IT .. NOT KNOWING IS THE "CARDBOARD" MOVING...

SO I WONDERING NOW ABOUT ALL THE OTHER LOGITECH SUBS....BECAUSE THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME "SPEAKER" IN THE FRONT BY THE GRILL...... AND I WAS GOING TO BUY A Z 5500
:? :?
Last edited by nismotrinidappa on April 8th, 2006, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeo
TunerGod

Postby Yeo » January 25th, 2006, 2:21 pm

I will never buy a logitech product again

and before you discovered this, didn't you love it?

ProjectAlteredBeast
Street 2NR

Postby ProjectAlteredBeast » January 25th, 2006, 2:24 pm

now that's some fawked up sheit!!

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » January 25th, 2006, 2:28 pm

Before I got my X530 one of my friends told me they're not very good for continuous play and if u play MP3s thru it it can blow the sub. I've had it for almost a year now and I haven't run into any problems, to me the speakers sound fine (not excellent but good enuff for me) and still going strong.

Is the amp still good for the sub? Last set of PC speakers I had, when that sub blew I just used a 10" wid a box and it sounded surprisingly good. If the amp is good upgrade to a bigger speaker (might be a good idea to drop a lil PC fan on the amp to keep it cool as well)

Dr Zoidberg
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Dr Zoidberg » January 25th, 2006, 2:28 pm

Check Radio Shack for the Infinity Primus Subs - they kick a$$

SurGTR
Street 2NR

Postby SurGTR » January 25th, 2006, 2:36 pm

nismotrinidappa, its very Sly on logitech behalf selling it as an 8" but this is an actual design, Passive Radiator I think it is (music men help?) some box designs have say a 8-10" at back with a 12" front (thats not really a speaker) but the design shouldnt be much of a worry to you if you liked how it sounded before you knew, they achieved what they had set out to do which was to give u the illusion of big sound, so doh sweat it too much, Logitech makes some good stuff

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » January 25th, 2006, 3:12 pm

well i bring down a Z5500 set 4 myself in Dec 2004 when it now come out - more than worth $250US i paid 4 it .
It work boss 4 a whole yr but recently i played some low freq bass songs which unknowning 2 me was recorded higher (high kbp) than normal & like it make d sub bottom out .
Now if a rel heavy bass sound play u will hear a loud 'tock,tock' noise from inside d sub box - :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hmmm - maybe i should replace d sub :!: :?: ...... :?

nismotrinidappa
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby nismotrinidappa » January 25th, 2006, 3:58 pm

yeo... i never said i wont buy another logitech system...its just tricks i say.....if i knew it had a 4 inch i wont have bought it... it was what i could have gotten at the point in time. dont worry though....i`m throwing out the logitech piece ah cardboard in front and installing a real 8 inch this time...maybe i may port the top also..in the same box.
i never got the true bass i wanted out of it.. now i know why :? :? ..

mr rovin i think the z5500 is a 12 inch logitech?...so that means it may have a 6 or 8 or if u lucky 10 inch inside....open it and let us now....:idea:

i installing a real 8inch this rounds.. :twisted: :twisted:

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » January 25th, 2006, 9:19 pm

booklet say its a 10" & it looks so - i trying 2 get it open but can't , i removed de 4 screws on de front grill & it not even coming off .
I not seeing any where else besides de back where de amp bolt onto & i doh want 2 mess with that ......

foots
3NE 2NR for life

Postby foots » January 25th, 2006, 10:34 pm

steups, i rush in thinking is something about DEX :|

nismotrinidappa
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby nismotrinidappa » January 25th, 2006, 11:15 pm

actually rovin.....it opens from the back by the connections and the amp.the grill probably covering the "speaker"...i thought mine could open from the front also

pioneer says its a 10"...i`m still going to open a z5500 up and see.. :idea:

ru$$ell
30 pounds of Boost

Postby ru$$ell » January 25th, 2006, 11:25 pm

this is the same reason why i stick to headphones, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: superior sound quality, private experience :lol: :lol: oh yeah and before allyuh hoes start to bash, this is my current setup .....

powered by headroom airhead headphones amp

Last edited by ru$$ell on January 25th, 2006, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neocyst
3NE 2NR for life
Location: lookin' for love in all the wrong places....and lovin' it!

Postby neocyst » January 25th, 2006, 11:27 pm

Hmm ... i have de Z-680 ....it looks like ah 8inch in it!

stewchicken

Postby stewchicken » January 26th, 2006, 6:38 am

ah was going to buy the z640.
I buy the T3000(no not the terminator :) ) Creative Labs 2.1 speakers.

wukin real nice.

Chiney
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Chiney » January 26th, 2006, 11:11 am

THIS IS THE 8" FROM THE Z-680!!!!

AND THIS IS THAT SWEET MAGNET!

ah open meh z680 jus for this thread.. i had a range of speakers from logitech.. the z2200 and z680 where the biggest i had.. the 680 is better for bass than the z5500.....i tested them all round!! i am sure of this.. but not vocals...

i not sure bout yall.. buh logitech out did themselves with the z680 and z5500..as well as the z2200 and z2300... real good for their prices(when bought in the USA)

srry fuh those who get fooled by the z640.. u get wha u pay for!

SurGTR
Street 2NR

Postby SurGTR » January 26th, 2006, 11:28 am

Still Say my Altec Lansing 641s with its Dual 6.5" topping the Z680 they dont make em anymore too. :(

Chiney
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Chiney » January 26th, 2006, 11:34 am

^^ u selling?? that.. i want it.. i go flong out meh 680 fuh that system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nismotrinidappa
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby nismotrinidappa » January 26th, 2006, 11:37 am

chiney u sellin the z680 subwoofer awah? the speaker alone.....you could do what i was going to do and put in a pioneer or mtx or sometin............ :idea: :idea:

SurGTR
Street 2NR

Postby SurGTR » January 26th, 2006, 11:43 am

remember to use the proper wattage and make sure the pioneer or mtx is 8ohms and not 4ohms car speakers eh, or you gonna kill the amp

Chiney wrote:^^ u selling?? that.. i want it.. i go flong out meh 680 fuh that system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah boy these play too sweet, it setup in full surround sound on meh walls, know how much people ask me if i selling when they hear it

noobie
Street 2NR

Postby noobie » January 26th, 2006, 5:30 pm

So people really use the whole "5.1" thing from their speakers?

Are they arranged properly around you at the computer, or are all 4 speakers placed facing you by the monitor?

What's the point of all the expensive 5.1 stuff if you don't have speaker stands behind you for the two rear speakers?

neocyst
3NE 2NR for life

Postby neocyst » January 26th, 2006, 6:11 pm

I also waz considering to replace the sub in my z-680 !!(provided i'll get more out of it though)
Any sugestions?

SurGTR
Street 2NR

Postby SurGTR » January 26th, 2006, 6:20 pm

dazz why mine setup for true 4.1 on the walls, i never get people who get Home Theaters and juss slap all the speakers under the TV, wazz the sense

Chiney
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Chiney » January 26th, 2006, 7:31 pm

^^ now goin to tell him dat.. ever heard of tuning?? building a boxs to specs??

check out de ICE forum.. post up all yuh questions.. u will get GOOD answers!

SurGTR
Street 2NR

Postby SurGTR » January 26th, 2006, 9:40 pm

findout what the amp pushing and get a sub that is less power 200w amp better to use a 50-75 w speaker

nismotrinidappa
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby nismotrinidappa » January 27th, 2006, 11:48 am

noobie wrote:So people really use the whole "5.1" thing from their speakers?

Are they arranged properly around you at the computer, or are all 4 speakers placed facing you by the monitor?

What's the point of all the expensive 5.1 stuff if you don't have speaker stands behind you for the two rear speakers?

noobie they are arranged around you... the surrounds come with longer wiring and in some systems are wireless..
try playing need for speed ona good surround sound system :twisted: :twisted:

[quote="neocyst"]I also waz considering to replace the sub in my z-680 !!(provided i'll get more out of it though)
Any sugestions?

to neocyst:
chiney said the z680 sounds really well....i wouldnt really change it unless it went bad (like mine)

pioneer said:dude remember whichever sub you buy...the specs of the box have to be right...cant jus fling ah 8" in there and expect it to be all good.

pioneer for now i'm just missing my music :( :( so i`m putting in a temporary decent sub...and i`m sure the 8" will sound better than the 4" logitech with a 8" piece of passive radiator...eventually i`ll build a whole new box for it though.

noobie
Street 2NR

Postby noobie » January 27th, 2006, 12:41 pm

noobie they are arranged around you... the surrounds come with longer wiring and in some systems are wireless..
try playing need for speed ona good surround sound system Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Oh I know how they are supposed to be arranged. But I also know that most people don't arrange them that way.

And I'm wondering, if you don't have the rear speakers properly placed (and spaced) behind you, whether there is any point in a 5.1 setup. Is it possible to place the two rears facing outward, but infront of you,for example.

I recall Dell shipped a set of speakers (Cubes) which were 5.1 but the Rear could attach to the tops of the Front speakers, but would be at a 45 degree angle to the lower speaker. Does that setup make any sense at all?

Also, the only setup commonly used with Computers that I know of which has wireless remotes is from Logitech (The 5000 or 5500 or something like that?).
Do you know of any others?

nismotrinidappa
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby nismotrinidappa » January 27th, 2006, 11:10 pm

i think i know the dell cubes u talking about..i checked them out online ...bleh!
it has a surround sound effect but isn`t really 5.1.they arent that powerful and to stack them is basically to save space.

with the 5.1 you have the centre channel, front left and right channels, rear left and right. so encircling you that is the best way to install it. if all the speakers are in front of you they would never have the same effect.
i dont play my system out loud home when i am alone sometimes because the surrounds around me are so good i keep jumping up hearing imaginary extra sounds and noises.. :lol: :lol:
some systems have no remote (like mine), others have a wired remote eg altec lansing 641, and others have a wireless remote.... sometimes with wireless speakers (high end models though)

nismotrinidappa
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby nismotrinidappa » January 27th, 2006, 11:21 pm

i found a speaker i think could work.. 8 ohm 8 inch... brand is red sun or red fire or something like that. padna demo`ed it in the store and said it sounding good...small power too ,about 200watts max? will find out...

neocyst
3NE 2NR for life

Postby neocyst » January 28th, 2006, 2:12 am

^^Keep us updated bout ur lil project dey!

nismotrinidappa
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby nismotrinidappa » February 1st, 2006, 8:15 am

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”