TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Are you taking the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Yes, I am already vaccinated.
67%
Yes, I am awaiting vaccination.
10%
No, I don't want it.
16%
I am not sure.
7%

Total votes: 121

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates)

Postby paid_influencer » March 25th, 2021, 10:05 pm

Microsoft has a cloud scheduling system for vaccinations available for governments/healthcare systems.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/industr ... management

Keith, if you don't already have a vaccination system set up, check out the link above.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » March 25th, 2021, 11:22 pm

paid_influencer wrote:Microsoft has a cloud scheduling system for vaccinations available for governments/healthcare systems.

Keith, if you don't already have a vaccination system set up, check out the link above.

Them boys from Microsoft locally should be aware and should have been pitching this to the government.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 26th, 2021, 1:03 am

Dohplaydat wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:Microsoft has a cloud scheduling system for vaccinations available for governments/healthcare systems.

Them boys from Microsoft locally should be aware and should have been pitching this to the government.

Once Salt War could get a cut, they go gt :wink:

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » March 26th, 2021, 7:02 am

De Dragon wrote:
elec2020 wrote:
eliteauto wrote:UNC press release

UNC ain't shame. urgh. anything for some fame eh. what they did to help trinidad and tobago get the vaccines? cause last i check the letter from india's PM was to trinidad's PM. i haven't seen any article where india replied/acknowledged receipt of an email/letter from UNC.

Yes, while you may be right that they didn't, well more accurately, couldn't access vaccines form India, they did by their rabble rousing, was show up JUHN Scarfy and Salt War's incompetence, false pride and ego, so the political capital is priceless.
Now Salt War is thanking JUHN Scarfy for making it happen :roll: I've never seen such sycophantic praise for incompetence since Trump's GOP.

i keep on saying. till we reach barbados like levels of failure will we get proper representation in government. it soon come though as debt to GDP has recently crossed 90 per cent. I think I read that that means every citizen in TnT owes about 90000. Don't talk about when its time to devalue. lol. hard times are a coming

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 26th, 2021, 10:01 am

De Dragon wrote:
redmanjp wrote:So now that we getting the first batch next week anyone know if u can get an appointment at a Public Health facility if u are not a normal NCD patient (e.g. have a private doctor) ? or will they make those elderly ppl line up for hours

No that will be a next few months based on JUHN Scarfy and Salt War's record :roll:
This of course after they have wrung the most bribes, political mileage, and spite out of it.

they did say they will allow walk-ins but that may only be for if they have doses which will expire and no one is getting it

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » March 26th, 2021, 2:32 pm

For Biden, a New Virus Dilemma: How to Handle a Looming Glut of Vaccine

As U.S. manufacturers hit their stride, vaccine scarcity will soon turn to plenty as much of the world goes begging. And vaccine makers need answers now about what to do with the coming surplus.

March 26, 2021

WASHINGTON — Biden administration officials are anticipating the supply of coronavirus vaccine to outstrip U.S. demand by mid-May if not sooner, and are grappling with what to do with looming surpluses when vaccine scarcity turns to glut.

President Biden has promised enough doses by the end of May to immunize all of the nation’s roughly 260 million adults. But between then and the end of July, the government has locked in commitments from manufacturers for enough vaccine to cover 400 million people — about 70 million more than the nation’s entire population.

Whether to keep, modify or redirect those orders is a question with significant implications, not just for the nation’s efforts to contain the virus but also for how soon the pandemic can be brought to an end. Of the vaccine doses given globally, about three-quarters have gone to only 10 countries. At least 30 countries have not yet injected a single person.

And global scarcity threatens to grow more acute as nations and regions clamp down on vaccine exports. With infections soaring, India, which had been a major vaccine distributor, is now holding back nearly all of the 2.4 million doses manufactured daily by a private company there. That action follows the European Union’s decision this week to move emergency legislation that would curb vaccine exports for the next six weeks.

Biden administration officials who are inclined to hold on to the coming U.S. surplus point to unmet need and rising uncertainty: Children and adolescents are still unvaccinated, and no one is certain if or when immunity could wear off, which could require scores of millions of booster shots.

“We want to, largely, be a part of the global solution here,” Jen Psaki, the White House press secretary, said this week. But she added, “There are still a number of factors that are unpredictable that we need to plan for to the best of our ability, including the variants and the impact and what will be most effective, as well as what will work best with children.”

Vaccine manufacturers and some top federal officials say decisions about what to do with extra orders must be made within weeks, or the uncertainty could slow production lines. The manufacturing process can take up to 10 weeks, and changes for a foreign market need time. The regulatory rules that govern vaccine shipments present another hurdle, as does the limited storage life of the drug substances that make the vaccine.

Vials in the nation’s bottling plants in Michigan and Indiana are being labeled for use at home. If their destination is unclear, either the production line must pause or vials directed for overseas may need to be relabeled.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/26/us/b ... ccine.html

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 26th, 2021, 3:00 pm

let them send we a gift then

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » March 26th, 2021, 3:23 pm

redmanjp wrote:let them send we a gift then
Gifts are US$20 per person.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 27th, 2021, 9:52 am

elec2020 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
elec2020 wrote:
eliteauto wrote:UNC press release

UNC ain't shame. urgh. anything for some fame eh. what they did to help trinidad and tobago get the vaccines? cause last i check the letter from india's PM was to trinidad's PM. i haven't seen any article where india replied/acknowledged receipt of an email/letter from UNC.

Yes, while you may be right that they didn't, well more accurately, couldn't access vaccines form India, they did by their rabble rousing, was show up JUHN Scarfy and Salt War's incompetence, false pride and ego, so the political capital is priceless.
Now Salt War is thanking JUHN Scarfy for making it happen :roll: I've never seen such sycophantic praise for incompetence since Trump's GOP.

i keep on saying. till we reach barbados like levels of failure will we get proper representation in government. it soon come though as debt to GDP has recently crossed 90 per cent. I think I read that that means every citizen in TnT owes about 90000. Don't talk about when its time to devalue. lol. hard times are a coming

Impsy's response? "we will keep on borrowing"
People need to realize that Impsy, JUHN Scarfy, Goebbels and all of them bizness fix, and it is oyr children and their children who will suffer when the bill comes due to the actions of this travesty of a GORTT

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » March 28th, 2021, 3:59 am

COVAX expects full vaccine supplies from India's Serum in May, says UNICEF

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - A World Health Organization (WHO)-backed programme to supply coronavirus vaccines to poorer countries expects that the Serum Institute of India (SII) will resume full deliveries of the AstraZeneca shot to it in May, UNICEF said on Saturday.

“Deliveries of SII/AZ vaccine are expected to begin fully again by May, with catch-up deliveries to reach every participant’s full allocation up to May, accelerating thereafter,” a UNICEF spokeswoman told Reuters in an email.

The spokeswoman added that the programme, known as COVAX, was in talks with New Delhi to secure “some supply” in April too. COVAX was expecting a total of 90 million doses from SII in March and April, of which it has received about 28 million.

UNICEF is the distributing partner of the programme, run with the GAVI vaccine alliance.

India, the world’s biggest vaccine maker, said on Friday it would make domestic COVID-19 inoculations a priority as infections surge, and had told international buyers of its decision.

WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Friday that India’s decision was “understandable” but that the WHO was in talks so it continues providing doses to other countries.

So far COVAX has delivered 32 million vaccine doses to 61 countries, but 36 countries still await vaccines to start inoculations, Tedros said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN2BK02H

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 6th, 2021, 4:03 pm

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 6th, 2021, 4:08 pm

covishield is AstraZeneca?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 6th, 2021, 4:18 pm

short answer is yes. long answer involves brand names, different manufacturing sites, as well as different developers collaborating

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 6th, 2021, 4:25 pm

Deyalsingh gets his shot

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 6th, 2021, 5:49 pm

^^^ water injection

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » April 6th, 2021, 6:22 pm

Lol zoom.

The amount of ppl said it was a distill water shot he was taking lol

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » April 6th, 2021, 8:55 pm

plenty people going on about gloves too (when Paula Mae-Weekes got hers today).

Folks, some facts on gloves:

1. Wearing gloves does not mean your hands are clean. If your gloved hand touches any surface, it picks up those germs. The only way to keep gloves "clean" is to use change them often and use a fresh one for every patient.

2. Washing with regular soap and water is very effective at keeping your hands clean. You can do this frequently and it costs nothing. Frequently washed hands will keep your hands cleaner than gloves over the course of a workday.

3. Gloves reduce tactile sensation and increase mistakes during procedures. Do you want a gloved hand making a mistake or a clean hand with better tactile response doing your injection?

tl:dr, gloves are disgusting things and you should not treat them as clean except for very special conditions (one-use and disposable). Frequently washed hands should be your #1 concern.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 6th, 2021, 9:45 pm

paid_influencer wrote:plenty people going on about gloves too (when Paula Mae-Weekes got hers today).

Folks, some facts on gloves:

1. Wearing gloves does not mean your hands are clean. If your gloved hand touches any surface, it picks up those germs. The only way to keep gloves "clean" is to use change them often and use a fresh one for every patient.

2. Washing with regular soap and water is very effective at keeping your hands clean. You can do this frequently and it costs nothing. Frequently washed hands will keep your hands cleaner than gloves over the course of a workday.

3. Gloves reduce tactile sensation and increase mistakes during procedures. Do you want a gloved hand making a mistake or a clean hand with better tactile response doing your injection?

tl:dr, gloves are disgusting things and you should not treat them as clean except for very special conditions (one-use and disposable). Frequently washed hands should be your #1 concern.

X2

Also literally since mid-last year studies showed covid spread from surfaces via touch was very very unlikely (too little viral load).

Literally, covid-19 is almost exclusively spread within indoor areas.

All these media conferences where they're spaced out but not wearing masks are at high risk for covid spread.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 6th, 2021, 10:27 pm

nah. what the initial research had shown it wsa lasting long on on some surfaces, and shorter on surfaces and materials that dried it up. so like metals and plastics, it would stay very long. but on like woods and natural fabrics, it dried it up and died quickly. this was not like how hiv was, where it needed to be in the body to live, this had a good life outside the body. one of the reasons why it easy to spread.

but u see dat indoor ting, without masks, that is really a recipe for disaster, short or long life span.

out doors in open sun with natural breeze and reasonably spaced out, should be the IDEAL place to avoid covid.

the tests running of the concerts to measure the various arrangments for covid spread, those results should be gathering this week or next week as my guess. that will give more quantitative figures to work with than simply brow beating people on a public address.
u coudl get to see who talking sheit and who making sense.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 7th, 2021, 9:59 pm

outdoors safer, but distancing or masking still important, as we saw with the White House Rose Garden event.

most of the election campaigning before the spike last August was outdoors, not so?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 7th, 2021, 10:25 pm

redmanjp wrote:outdoors safer, but distancing or masking still important, as we saw with the White House Rose Garden event.

most of the election campaigning before the spike last August was outdoors, not so?

rose garden and our campaigns were like the arm wrestling session. u need to be a lil spaced out too.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » April 7th, 2021, 11:51 pm

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 8th, 2021, 1:22 am

moms got her shot in arima today, but that's after going in in person THREE times to organize her appointment. anyway that's 1 down 1 to go. hopefully that blood clot issue doesn't arise here.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 8th, 2021, 7:42 pm

MoH Release - High Public Demand for COVID-19 Vaccines in Trinidad and Tobago - 8th April, 2021.

To date, 4,777 persons in Trinidad and Tobago (including 1137 health workers who got their 1st shot from the small donation from barbados) have received the Oxford AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine.

so that's 3640 from this 33600 batch. or 1820 average per day, good but could be better once they ramp up- especially if they utilized private doctors/hospitals/pharmacies etc. the US is going so far as to allow dentists to vaccinate!

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 8th, 2021, 9:03 pm

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » April 11th, 2021, 7:28 pm

anyone tried going for a vaccine being under 60, no NCD, not following in any public health clinic, and no vaccination card (I really doh know where that is)?

last vaccine I get was flu vaccine by a private doc. She just chook meh and say pay $200

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » April 11th, 2021, 7:41 pm

paid_influencer wrote:anyone tried going for a vaccine being under 60, no NCD, not following in any public health clinic, and no vaccination card (I really doh know where that is)?

last vaccine I get was flu vaccine by a private doc. She just chook meh and say pay $200

You making that sound like some other kinda "transaction"

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 11th, 2021, 8:37 pm

paid_influencer wrote:anyone tried going for a vaccine being under 60, no NCD, not following in any public health clinic, and no vaccination card (I really doh know where that is)?

those have to wait. but u don't have to be a clinic patient to get it. if u doh have a card they supposed to make a new one. although in tobago i hear that taking adult of any age.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » April 11th, 2021, 8:51 pm

yea I saw that. The first person to get the vaccine over in Tobago was the leader of the PNM THA, a sprightly 20-something with no health conditions.
Attachments
tobagovaccines.jpg

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”