TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Are you taking the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Yes, I am already vaccinated.
67%
Yes, I am awaiting vaccination.
10%
No, I don't want it.
16%
I am not sure.
7%

Total votes: 121

teems1
punchin NOS

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates)

Postby teems1 » February 24th, 2021, 11:22 am

redmanjp wrote:vaccine problems for small countries

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/02/22/caricom-blanked-from-access-to-covid19-vaccines/

Rowley added that the only other country which got assistance from India was Cuba.

India has given to many other countries since they have a neighbours first policy in place.

https://www.businesstoday.in/current/ec ... 28697.html

Nepal, Bangladesh, Maldives, Bhutan etc have all received millions of doses of the vaccine from India.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » February 26th, 2021, 12:36 pm

Israeli data suggest mass vaccinations led to drop in severe Covid cases, CDC study finds

KEY POINTS

-- By February, more than 84% of Israel's population 70 and older had received both shots of Pfizer's Covid-19 vaccine.

-- Preliminary data from the country suggest that the mass vaccinations have led to a drop in severe cases among the 70-and-older population.

-- While clinical trials have found the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine to be 95% effective in preventing Covid-19, the Israeli data offers an early glimpse into how effective the vaccine is in a real-world setting.

Data from Israel, which has vaccinated the overwhelming majority of its elderly population with the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine, suggests that mass vaccinations have prevented people from becoming severely sick, according to a new study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

While clinical trials have found the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine to be 95% effective in preventing Covid-19, the Israeli data offers an early glimpse into how effective the vaccine is in an uncontrolled, real-world setting.

The study, which was published Friday in the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, found that among the part of the Israeli population that has been vaccinated the most, the percentage of patients requiring ventilation drastically dropped, suggesting a reduction in severe sickness.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/02/26/isr ... finds.html

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 26th, 2021, 1:30 pm

WHO or COVAX supposed to make an announcement perhaps today on the exact dates of vaccine delivery to T&T

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » February 26th, 2021, 3:10 pm

redmanjp wrote:WHO or COVAX supposed to make an announcement perhaps today on the exact dates of vaccine delivery to T&T

Does anyone know what our vaccination plan is? If we plan to use our health clinics that is going to be a slow, painful (line up in hotsun) process.

We can easily set something up using schools (especially now that they're closed) to administer vaccines as quickly as possible.

At least try to get something right GORTT. Warp Speed!

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 26th, 2021, 3:46 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
redmanjp wrote:WHO or COVAX supposed to make an announcement perhaps today on the exact dates of vaccine delivery to T&T

Does anyone know what our vaccination plan is? If we plan to use our health clinics that is going to be a slow, painful (line up in hotsun) process.

We can easily set something up using schools (especially now that they're closed) to administer vaccines as quickly as possible.

At least try to get something right GORTT. Warp Speed!

i think so - those who are already patients will get appointments - others may walk in at specific times/days which probably go be long lines. trying to get moms on the NCD patient list but salt so far. calling the arima health facility but no answer.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 26th, 2021, 5:28 pm

rowlee putting out lot of excuses
dunno why he just don’t say they want regular folks to pay for their vaccine

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 26th, 2021, 5:29 pm

ANSA McAl says it will offer vaccines to all 6000+ employees of the group and their immediate family.

153228746_10159152027330120_1814999957496386080_n.jpg

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 27th, 2021, 1:51 pm

100k vaccines by end of March. I thought it was beginning of march

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/02/27/deyalsingh-tt-to-get-100800-vaccines-by-end-of-march/

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » February 27th, 2021, 2:05 pm

redmanjp wrote:100k vaccines by end of March. I thought it was beginning of march

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/02/27/deyalsingh-tt-to-get-100800-vaccines-by-end-of-march/

So only 50k ppl.....this far from over

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 27th, 2021, 2:44 pm

Yeah that wouldn't even cover the elderly and at risk population. There goes Carnival 2022.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » February 27th, 2021, 3:32 pm

I think we're also getting 226k from the AMSP.... Though the ETA hasn't been announced.

Either way, most of those at risk probably won't be vaccinated by summer.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 27th, 2021, 4:03 pm

Which is why I need to get my parents on that NCD clinic list somehow, there may be walkins but that's only for excess doses that about to expire or certain days but will probably have long lines.

I watched the MOH press conference today, the first phase does not include any private doctors or entities.

So if they don't get it in those few weeks when the first batch arrives is months again they waiting.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 5th, 2021, 2:18 pm

when we going to get ah donation from India?

https://www.103fm.tt/news/five-more-caribbean-nations-get-vaccine-donation-from-india/

Five more Caribbean nations get vaccine donation from India
By News Room -March 2, 20210

India vaccines arrive at Antigua. Photo from India at UN Facebook page
175,000 doses of Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccine sent from India arrived in Antigua and Barbuda yesterday.

These were further distributed to four other nations, including St Lucia, St Kitts & Nevis, St Vincent & the Grenadines and Suriname.

According to a report on the Associates Times, Antigua and Barbuda received 40,000 vaccines and St Lucia received 25,000 doses.

St. Lucia’s Prime Minister Alan Chastanet has lauded the generosity of India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi, adding that his country has arranged to obtain additional vaccines from India, according to a report on St. Lucia Times.

Vaccines arrive in St. Lucia
Mr. Chastanet, on his Facebook page, also said that St Lucia will be donating 5,000 doses to Grenada from the India allotment.

Meanwhile, the shipment of 20,000 doses of the vaccine from the India donation also arrived in St. Kitts and Nevis yesterday.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 8th, 2021, 7:32 pm

well this thing going to take real long, we only getting 33000 covax vaccines month end. apparently we doing too well to receive vaccines :roll:

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/03/08/33000-doses-of-covid19-vaccines-coming/

33,000 doses of covid19 vaccines coming
RYAN HAMILTON-DAVIS 39 MINUTES AGO

A shipment of 33,000 covid19 vaccine doses is now expected to reach Trinidad and Tobago by the end of March, Health Minister Terrence Deyalsingh said during a press conference on Monday.

The shipment is part of 100,800 vaccines secured through the Covax facility.

“We are now waiting on our first tranche of 33,000, which we are guaranteed at this stage,” Deyalsingh said. “The rest of the vaccines will follow between March and May.”

Deyalsingh said government had gone through all the requirements, including signing off on the Covax agreement, indemnification, getting a quotation and, most importantly, paying.

The Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) gave government a quotation for the 33,000 vaccines, which cost US$148,084.06.

“That money left on Friday. It has gone to Central Bank and between today and tomorrow it will go to PAHO.”

Deyalsingh said government decided to take part of the shipment, given the uncertainty in acquiring covid19 vaccines worldwide.

He said the supply of the vaccine is being outpaced by demand.

“We decided to take this route because you never can tell what could happen and an entire shipment could be delayed. We are simply not in complete control of the supply of vaccines.”

Deyalsingh added that because TT’s infection rates are so low, that could also add to the difficulty in securing vaccines.

Answering questions at the press briefing, Deyalsingh said the 33,000 vaccines would be enough to inoculate all health-sector workers, but a decision still had to be made as to how rigorously the vaccination roll-out would be done.

“We will sit down with PAHO and once we know for a fact when the other 67,000 doses are coming, we can take a decision to go full steam ahead and use all 33,000.”

Government is also in bilateral talks with Sinopharm, whose dossier on phase three trials of its vaccine is currently before the World Health Organization (WHO). Talks also continue with the Serum Institute and Bharat Biotech of India for the Covaxin vaccine, and talks continue with the African Medical Supply Platform (AMSP) for vaccines on multiple platforms including AstraZeneca, Pfizer and Johnson and Johnson.

Deyalsingh said TT was at first able to get 226,000 vaccines from the AMSP, but that figure was raised to 446,000 across the three platforms.

Deyalsingh said TT’s stance remains that it will only import vaccines approved by WHO, but noted that approval from other countries adds credibility to the vaccines being produced. Last week Canada approved the vaccine produced by Johnson and Johnson.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » March 8th, 2021, 8:20 pm

^ why that article didn't say which vaccine we getting? I guess the AZ one but if they could at least print it in the article.

I personally waiting on the Pfizer or Moderna ones. I OK with waiting a little longer and get one good vaccine and done.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » March 8th, 2021, 8:22 pm

also, the CDC says if you're fully vaccinated (two shots of Pfizer or Moderna), you can do lots of fun stuff again.

Fully vaccinated people can:

Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
Visit with unvaccinated people from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
Refrain from quarantine and testing following a known exposure if asymptomatic

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... dance.html

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 8th, 2021, 11:01 pm

but can they not still spread it if they are not in quarantine?
Last edited by redmanjp on March 8th, 2021, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » March 8th, 2021, 11:08 pm

paid_influencer wrote:^ why that article didn't say which vaccine we getting? I guess the AZ one but if they could at least print it in the article.

I personally waiting on the Pfizer or Moderna ones. I OK with waiting a little longer and get one good vaccine and done.

The Pfizer/BionTech one isn't easily feasible due to the -70c cold storage required.

The Oxford-AZ code name AZD1222 manufactured by Serum Institute of India with trade name Covishield is probably what we'll eventually get.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 8th, 2021, 11:11 pm

teems1 wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:^ why that article didn't say which vaccine we getting? I guess the AZ one but if they could at least print it in the article.

The Pfizer/BionTech one isn't easily feasible due to the -70c cold storage required.

The Oxford-AZ code name AZD1222 manufactured by Serum Institute of India with trade name Covishield is probably what we'll eventually get.

we supposed to have a ultracold storage - also the latest data says u can store it in a normal freezer for 2 weeks. so that could mean weekly deliveries from the -70C storage to various centers with normal freezers

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » March 9th, 2021, 1:46 pm

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 9th, 2021, 10:37 pm

i feel d vaccine waiting for exemption to enter Trinidad

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » March 9th, 2021, 10:53 pm

redmanjp wrote:
teems1 wrote:

we supposed to have a ultracold storage - also the latest data says u can store it in a normal freezer for 2 weeks. so that could mean weekly deliveries from the -70C storage to various centers with normal freezers

I willing to pay extra for all that. it have to be better

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 10th, 2021, 10:47 pm

WTO Considers IP Waivers for COVID Vaccines; Deaths in Brazil Spike; West Bank ICUs Are Full

Members of the World Trade Organization are meeting today to discuss a waiver on intellectual property rights related to COVID vaccines. The People’s Vaccine Alliance said Tuesday that while rich countries are vaccinating one person every second, the majority of poorer nations have yet to administer a single shot.

COVID deaths in Brazil continue to spike, with nearly 2,000 fatalities reported Tuesday, its highest daily toll since the start of the pandemic.

As Israel moves to further open up — having vaccinated some 80% of its adult population — hospitals and intensive care units in parts of the occupied West Bank are at capacity with COVID-19 patients. This is a resident of Ramallah.

Tareq Jeberin: “Of course, Israel has opened because it has the guarantees. It has the vaccine, and all of its people have been vaccinated. Secondly, it has a lot of resources and can compensate everyone who was negatively affected by the coronavirus. Compared, the situation in the Palestinian Authority, it is a bad situation. Firstly, we don’t have vaccines. Secondly, we don’t have the resources to compensate all those affected by the coronavirus.”

Israel started vaccinating Palestinians working in Israel and in illegal settlements in the occupied West Bank this week — more than two months after launching its vaccination campaign for Israelis.

https://www.democracynow.org/2021/3/10/ ... s_are_full

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » March 11th, 2021, 8:09 am

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/covid-vaccination-doses-per-capita?tab=chart&stackMode=absolute&country=BRB~TTO&region=World

no ... of course not sweet T&T not failing and the Min of Health is the BESTEST in d world.... loves and hugs
1.gif

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » March 11th, 2021, 8:22 am

So first Deyalsingh insisted in the face of facts that we procured we own vaccine, then forced to retract as a lie when the actual donors said otherwise. Then the king and he team ah dunce vex da Kamala asking the source direct for help, meanwhile all other Caribbean island with grace accepting their donations and receiving vaccines.

Here though the dunce an dem still waiting for a promised 110000 vaccines by end ah February only to hear is by the end of March.
Wait for it, wait for it, it eh done, now to only hear we getting 33000, which is less than other Caribbean countries received in donations that we coulda humble we self and request.

Do these clowns know they ass from head, cuz i feel d ass is dey head and toots is dey brain. How much you want to bet when vaccine come in Party card holders and PNM friends and financiers first. It will be as transparent as the exemption process that only allows in the king daughter and PNM friends and family while stranding everyone else to suffer while turning a blind eye.
Red and blind bloggers like pronhabit, redman, elec will support this even if dem or they family ded waiting on vaccine cuz d MoH and the king have it lock and unda control. GrATE is D PeeNM

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » March 11th, 2021, 8:38 am

Other smaller countries are getting more in donations in a timely manner than we are from our Covax allocation.

Surely there must be some uproar. The longer we take to vaccinate the more our economy struggles.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » March 11th, 2021, 8:52 am

you all not seeing what dialsing doing? they have no money to buy the vaccine. the longer they procrastinate the cheaper the vaccine becomes as more brands on the market an more doses stock in a warehouse with no one to buy. they go tell we they spend USD$5 a dose when they spend in reality USD$1 an pocket the $4. expect more distractions.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 11th, 2021, 8:53 am

PAHO is focusing more on the harder-hit countries first
https://www.paho.org/en/news/10-3-2021- ... or-reports

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » March 11th, 2021, 9:27 am

daring dragoon wrote:you all not seeing what dialsing doing? they have no money to buy the vaccine. the longer they procrastinate the cheaper the vaccine becomes as more brands on the market an more doses stock in a warehouse with no one to buy. they go tell we they spend USD$5 a dose when they spend in reality USD$1 an pocket the $4. expect more distractions.

I highly doubt it's a money issue. Even though T&T has forex problems, if the government needs 5m USD for vaccines they can easily find that.

Antigua & Barbuda, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent & Grenadines and Suriname got 175k doses from India.

So that's approx 750k persons total getting 175k doses which is a fairly decent amount. 23% getting at least one jab is up there with the best countries who are rolling out vaccines.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 11th, 2021, 9:30 am

we hoping for more donations
don’t worry we will get from china russia and cuba who willing to take jabs of those ?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”