TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Are you taking the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Yes, I am already vaccinated.
67%
Yes, I am awaiting vaccination.
10%
No, I don't want it.
16%
I am not sure.
7%

Total votes: 121

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates)

Postby zoom rader » April 14th, 2021, 8:34 am

elec2020 wrote:
jhonnieblue wrote:Smh, so it's PNM fault world over for very country that has astra zenica vaccine now?? Smh zoom

Anyway there is a lot more to that story than just saying the vaccine caused tht clotting. I think that particular story is being sensationalized.
As it stands what's the logical reason for not taking the vaccine? Get covid and have a chance of dying or passing it on to your loved ones who may also die.
Or take the vaccine and whilst you may get covid you and those who have taken it stand a much better chance of living.

I guess all these people lying too https://www.facebook.com/CVVTestimonies/
Here what Soilder, you got ahead and take the vaccine.

Idiots are born everyday

BUG
3NE 2NR for life

Postby BUG » April 14th, 2021, 8:53 am

If you are worried about taking the vaccine because of a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of developing a blood clot and dying, then you definitely should not get in your car and drive to work today, your female family members should stop taking the contraceptive pill and flights to Miami or New York are a no no as well. Your risk tolerance is way to low to partake in those activities.

The bottom line is everything you do every day of your life comes with risk associated with it. If you're a rational person, you assess that risk and base your life decisions around that. If you're an irrational person, you choose to not walk outside for fear of being struck by lightning (1 in 500,000 chance of that btw).

I've detailed my and my family's experience taking the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine last week earlier in this thread and I am so glad I'm fortunate enough to have taken it. Can't wait until the second dose and my life can get back to normal.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 14th, 2021, 9:13 am

BUG wrote:If you are worried about taking the vaccine because of a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of developing a blood clot and dying, then you definitely should not get in your car and drive to work today, your female family members should stop taking the contraceptive pill and flights to Miami or New York are a no no as well. Your risk tolerance is way to low to partake in those activities.

The bottom line is everything you do every day of your life comes with risk associated with it. If you're a rational person, you assess that risk and base your life decisions around that. If you're an irrational person, you choose to not walk outside for fear of being struck by lightning (1 in 500,000 chance of that btw).

I've detailed my and my family's experience taking the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine last week earlier in this thread and I am so glad I'm fortunate enough to have taken it. Can't wait until the second dose and my life can get back to normal.
Good for you Soilder

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 14th, 2021, 9:36 am

The govt should put the vaccines in darts and hunt down and shoot all those for the last 2mths complained about the lack of vaccines and why we were not #1 in the Caribbean for vaccination.

In March the lack of vaccines was apparently because of racism, lack of proaction and to ensure corruption and domination through public health orders.

Now in April, with vaccines rolling out, certain ppl afraid? This what you wanted. Take vaccine in your tail.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » April 14th, 2021, 9:41 am

BUG wrote:If you are worried about taking the vaccine because of a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of developing a blood clot and dying, then you definitely should not get in your car and drive to work today, your female family members should stop taking the contraceptive pill and flights to Miami or New York are a no no as well. Your risk tolerance is way to low to partake in those activities.

1 in a 1,000,000 but after receiving 33,600 doses which may or may not all have been used someone develop a blood clot. ooooook

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 14th, 2021, 9:42 am

Habit7 wrote:The govt should put the vaccines in darts and hunt down and shoot all those for the last 2mths complained about the lack of vaccines and why we were not #1 in the Caribbean for vaccination.

In March the lack of vaccines was apparently because of racism, lack of proaction and to ensure corruption and domination through public health orders.

Now in April, with vaccines rolling out, certain ppl afraid? This what you wanted. Take vaccine in your tail.

Yes I actually fully agree with you there. Trinis and their fearmongering.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 14th, 2021, 9:49 am

Habit7 wrote:The govt should put the vaccines in darts and hunt down and shoot all those for the last 2mths complained about the lack of vaccines and why we were not #1 in the Caribbean for vaccination.

The method of purchasing those vaccines and how and why needs to be transparent.

Some red government agent is making money from this

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 14th, 2021, 9:50 am

Dohplaydat wrote:

Yes I actually fully agree with you there. Trinis and their fearmongering.
You agree and not knowing how these vaccines was brought.

Carry on

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 14th, 2021, 10:04 am

zoom rader wrote:

The method of purchasing those vaccines and how and why needs to be transparent.

Some red government agent is making money from this

The only vaccines purchased thus far are with COVAX, a UN programmed that TT teamed up with Caricom to buy.

You criticising without basis and procurement doesn't affect the efficacy of the vaccine.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » April 14th, 2021, 1:26 pm

Is PNM fault when vaccine late and PNM fault when vaccine has side effects. Allyuh too wicked

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » April 14th, 2021, 5:13 pm

^ also PNM fault for natural disasters, relationship infidelity, vehicle breakdown, increase in rents, etc.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » April 14th, 2021, 6:30 pm

Out of respect for the topic, I am asking that the politics post be kept to other threads. I am not going to post anything political in either thread anymore.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » April 14th, 2021, 6:32 pm

https://www.reuters.com/article/reuters ... SKBN2C10MU

EU Commission to end AstraZeneca and J&J vaccine contracts at expiry - paper

April 14, 20212:29 AM

MILAN (Reuters) - The EU Commission has decided not to renew COVID-19 vaccine contracts next year with AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson (J&J), Italian daily La Stampa reported on Wednesday, citing a source from the Italian health ministry.

“The European Commission, in agreement with the leaders of many (EU) countries, has decided that the contracts with the companies that produce (viral vector) vaccines that are valid for the current year will not be renewed at their expiry,” the newspaper reported.

It added that Brussels would rather focus on COVID-19 vaccines using messenger RNA (mRNA) technology, such as Pfizer’s and Moderna’s.

A spokesman for the EU Commission said it was keeping all options open to be prepared for the next stages of the pandemic, for 2022 and beyond.

“We cannot, however, comment on contractual issues,” the spokesman added.

Later on Wednesday the President of the European Commission said the EU was in talks with Pfizer and BionTech for a new contract for 1.8 billion doses, confirming a Reuters report from last week.

“We need to focus on technologies that have proven their worth. mRNA vaccines are a clear case in point,” she added.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 14th, 2021, 6:48 pm

paid_influencer wrote:https://www.reuters.com/article/reutersComService_2_MOLT/idUSKBN2C10MU

EU Commission to end AstraZeneca and J&J vaccine contracts at expiry - paper

April 14, 20212:29 AM

MILAN (Reuters) - The EU Commission has decided not to renew COVID-19 vaccine contracts next year with AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson (J&J), Italian daily La Stampa reported on Wednesday, citing a source from the Italian health ministry.

“The European Commission, in agreement with the leaders of many (EU) countries, has decided that the contracts with the companies that produce (viral vector) vaccines that are valid for the current year will not be renewed at their expiry,” the newspaper reported.

It added that Brussels would rather focus on COVID-19 vaccines using messenger RNA (mRNA) technology, such as Pfizer’s and Moderna’s.

A spokesman for the EU Commission said it was keeping all options open to be prepared for the next stages of the pandemic, for 2022 and beyond.

“We cannot, however, comment on contractual issues,” the spokesman added.

Later on Wednesday the President of the European Commission said the EU was in talks with Pfizer and BionTech for a new contract for 1.8 billion doses, confirming a Reuters report from last week.

“We need to focus on technologies that have proven their worth. mRNA vaccines are a clear case in point,” she added.

Wonder if the FDA will follow suit. I'd personally still take it given the risks are low, but it's good news that the authorities are prioritizing safety.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » April 14th, 2021, 6:50 pm

^ the AZ vaccine is not FDA approved

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 14th, 2021, 6:55 pm

j.o.e wrote:Is PNM fault when vaccine late and PNM fault when vaccine has side effects. Allyuh too wicked
They bought cat in bag.

This entire covid affair is a shamble, grossly mis managed

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 14th, 2021, 6:56 pm

paid_influencer wrote:^ the AZ vaccine is not FDA approved

oh right, well it'll never get approved. I wonder if WHO will re-tract approval.

Also, these Chinese vaccines Sinopharm and Sinovac will encounter similar issues.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » April 14th, 2021, 6:57 pm

Any way we could get Pfizer or Moderna ?

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » April 14th, 2021, 7:00 pm

Why allyuh like foreign ting so bai, support local.
gastly369 wrote:Any way we could get Pfizer or Moderna ?

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » April 14th, 2021, 7:11 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:^ the AZ vaccine is not FDA approved

oh right, well it'll never get approved. I wonder if WHO will re-tract approval.

Also, these Chinese vaccines Sinopharm and Sinovac will encounter similar issues.

nah, the chinese vaccines are essentially traditional vaccines produced in the same way as all the other vaccines we had growing up. These inject the killed or inactivated coronavirus particles for your body to make an immune response against.

The AZ vaccine is the first in a new type of vaccine, the "viral-vector" vaccine. It uses a genetically-modified adenovirus that is programmed to produce an mRNA strain, which your body then uses to make the Spike protein, which your body then further creates an immune system response against.

Both the viral-vector vaccines, AZ and J&J, are being investigated for possible blood clots in specific demographics.

*Note the mRNA direct vaccines- the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines that have been given out to over 160Million people in the USA, are going through much more smooth sailing in the roll out.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 14th, 2021, 7:13 pm

j.o.e wrote:Is PNM fault when vaccine late and PNM fault when vaccine has side effects. Allyuh too wicked
Off course they are to blame, they are power . The buck stops at them

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 14th, 2021, 8:06 pm

from a FB doctor friend in NY

Hi all,
I'm getting questions about what's happening with J&J so I'm putting it together in one place. I don't have the bandwidth to answer individual questions about this so if you have additional questions, please consult with your own healthcare providers. As always, if you are reading this, you are my friend or family, I am not your doctor, and this is not medical advice.
First things first, if you recently received a dose of the J&J: DO NOT PANIC.
The Background
- In the US, we have administered almost 7 millions doses of the J&J vaccine.
- The CDC and the FDA are reviewing the cases of 6 people who received the J&J vaccine and experienced a rare kind of blood clot called a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis. Even if the link between the vaccine and this kind of clot is real, it is very very very rare.
Who's at risk?
- The people most at risk seem to be young women (age 18-48).
What's happening to them?
- The mechanism for the blood clots appears to be an immune mediated thrombotic thrombocytopenia similar to Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia (HIT). In English, this means that the mechanism is similar to a known reaction that some patients experience as a consequence of receiving the blood thinner heparin. Patients with HIT make antibodies against a protein called platelet factor-4 (PF4), which in complex with heparin, then activate platelets. Patients with this condition present with low platelets and life-threatening blood clots. The treatment is a blood thinner other than heparin.
If I received the J&J vaccine, what symptoms should I worry about?
- Honestly, probably none, this is an extremely rare complication and it's very unlikely that you have it. However, for your own peace of mind, these are the reasons to call your own doctor if you experience them within 3 weeks after getting the J&J vaccine: severe headache, abdominal pain, leg pain/swelling, shortness of breath, tiny red spots on your skin (google image petechiae), new or easy bruising, new neurological symptoms.
- If you are concerned about your own symptoms, please call your own doctor and not me. This is the person who knows your history and should be helping you to make medical decisions.
Susy, it crazy that the FDA/CDC is doing this?
- I do not envy the good people of the FDA or the CDC right now. I wish medicine had less uncertainty and more easy decisions. Alas, we have to live in the world as it is and use the data available to us to make the most informed and reasonable decisions possible. I wish for grace, wisdom and compassion for ourselves and our leaders.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » April 14th, 2021, 9:04 pm

^Thank you redmanjp for that post. It is good info.

I will share something I found on my social media as well.

It's not 'blood clots', it's a specific type of blood clotting that most resembles Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia, wherein you simultaneously clot and lose the ability to clot, so you get a stroke but also bleed out at the same time. It's a whole different class of clotting risk.

Secondly, I suggest you also look into the complex balancing act involved with medical ethics, and the prevailing attitudes within medicine that are considered best practice by it. For example, it involves assessing the existing risk (which involves both likelihood AND consequence), alternative options for treatment and their potential risk-reward benefit, patient informed consent, etc. and is a lot harder to answer than just comparison some random probabilities.

Not surprisingly, this is why different countries are grappling with it in different ways, and did not just have a clear-cut decision to make.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » April 14th, 2021, 9:44 pm

so basically u playing the lottery when it comes to vaccination.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » April 14th, 2021, 9:59 pm

elec2020 wrote:so basically u playing the lottery when it comes to vaccination.

no no no. All the vaccines are safe and effective, but the science is finding that two of the vaccines - the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines - are safer and more effective than others.

We are getting to a point where richer countries can have a choice of vaccines. The AZ vaccine, being the least effective and the one with the most reported side effects, is being dumped because those countries can now switch over to the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines.

Sources:
AstraZeneca vaccine: Denmark stops rollout completely (BBC)
EU Commission to end AstraZeneca and J&J vaccine contracts at expiry (Reuters).

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 14th, 2021, 10:21 pm

172947995_1993385097479922_3183188894833895569_n.jpg

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 14th, 2021, 10:44 pm

Habit7 wrote:
172947995_1993385097479922_3183188894833895569_n.jpg
Why don't you admit the red government play this population.

They lied about the real cases and testing. Duped for elections while saying everything is okay when it was clearly not

Then we have an idiot as a red government PM flouting his own guidelines .

Not forgetting that his princess and she man was given preference to enter.

Keep licking this government arsehole dumb MF

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » April 15th, 2021, 3:14 am

Yea and they only ice skating uphill.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 15th, 2021, 5:47 pm

Indian vaccines arrive

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » April 16th, 2021, 11:09 am

Retiree dies after taking Covid vaccine, and suffering clots, paralysis:

Via the Express Newspaper
The 60 year old man who suffered a blood clot and paralysis after taking the AstraZeneca vaccine has died.
His family are currently preparing his body for the funeral which takes place today at 3.30 p.m. according to Muslim rites.
The man's nephew, Faleel Ali told the Express by phone that the man died just after 10 p.m. on Thursday.
Hospital officials contacted his son and informed him of his death.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”