COVIDIOTS in Trinidad & Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

drchaos
punchin NOS

Re: COVIDIOTS in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby drchaos » February 15th, 2021, 11:04 pm

Still awaiting the wall of new cases and deaths from this "KILLER VIRUS" :lol:

We had loads of gatherings from Christmas till now from limes/parties to protests. But still nothing???

Its almost as if the virus is waiting for us let our guard down so it can cause a mass extinction event here in sweet T&T

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » February 15th, 2021, 11:55 pm

drchaos wrote:Still awaiting the wall of new cases and deaths from this "KILLER VIRUS" :lol:

We had loads of gatherings from Christmas till now from limes/parties to protests. But still nothing???

Its almost as if the virus is waiting for us let our guard down so it can cause a mass extinction event here in sweet T&T

Honestly, at the risk of sounding like Kamla, it's possibly due to our weather. Friends in the US and UK said people were complacent for months (June to Oct 2020) in their countries and covid, while prevalent, was certainly not raging. However, when temperatures dropped in late Oct, covid grew exponentially.

New research has shown that covid spread during winter was worse than expected, combined with the vitamin D deficiency, it's made it mostly a cold country problem.

It's also quite possible we have and are currently having way more covid cases than we know, but the symptoms might be so mild that no one is bothering to get tested.

There are a handful of exceptions, Panama a country with 3X our population has had covid-19 pretty bad with 300k cases and 5600+ deaths.

I honestly can't say why we've been so lucky especially given the lackadaisical approach people are having toward covid-19 right now.

Perhaps our mask wearing habits are making a difference, but I've seen enough of chin diapers to know this isn't true.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 16th, 2021, 12:12 am

fauci said the effect of winter was really ppl staying indoors which means e.g. indoor dining instead of outdoors, thus breathing in that unventilated infected air. not so much the virus liking cold air. also lack of vitamin d from the sun means more likelihood of infections

otherwise how do u explain the 1st wave in spring?

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » February 16th, 2021, 1:48 am

redmanjp wrote:fauci said the effect of winter was really ppl staying indoors which means e.g. indoor dining instead of outdoors, thus breathing in that unventilated infected air. not so much the virus liking cold air. also lack of vitamin d from the sun means more likelihood of infections

otherwise how do u explain the 1st wave in spring?

The cold dry winter air has a lot to do with it. Do you really think trinis are the pillars of obedisnce when it comes to obeying rules?

Spring is also pretty cold and there were no restrictions back then, in addition to the virus now beginning it's spread.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/winter-off ... 1607111476

The virus causing COVID-19 has spread rapidly worldwide. It remains unknown whether summer weather will reduce its spread and justify relaxing political interventions and restarting economic activities. We develop statistical models that predict the maximum potential of COVID-19 worldwide and throughout the year. We find that UV light, in particular, is associated with decreased disease growth rate relative to other analyzed factors. Based on these associations with weather, we predict that COVID-19 will decrease temporarily during summer, rebound by autumn, and peak next winter. However, uncertainty remains high, and many factors besides climate, such as social interventions, will influence transmission. Thus, the world must remain vigilant, and continued interventions will likely be needed until a vaccine becomes available

https://www.pnas.org/content/117/44/27456

More studies here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7496593/

This one wasn't great but still:
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 20164152v3

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 472v1.full

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 16th, 2021, 7:10 am

Add to the mix, bigger countries have a larger population and is not just about percentages.More people equals more contact.Also because of warm country construction, a lot of our buildings are better ventilated in terms of fresh air. Foreign buildings have somewhat of an air lock in their buildings,double entryway doors and what not.If they have more mold problems than us, it stands to reason that their ventilation is shite

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » February 16th, 2021, 10:25 am

timelapse wrote:Add to the mix, bigger countries have a larger population and is not just about percentages.More people equals more contact.Also because of warm country construction, a lot of our buildings are better ventilated in terms of fresh air. Foreign buildings have somewhat of an air lock in their buildings,double entryway doors and what not.If they have more mold problems than us, it stands to reason that their ventilation is shite

Meh, the population density is what you need to look at. However, I agree that in a big city you come across far more people (especially when using public transport) that you do in Trini. Combine that with the ease of spreading in colder closed up climates (yes ventilation is critical as you said), you can see why the tropics has mostly escaped.

Even India, a place that is dense AF and overpopulated AF, has larger escaped a covid disaster, as well as most of SE Asia, the Caribbean and Africa.

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » February 16th, 2021, 11:12 am

You 99% who believe the world should be locked down because of a 0.016 death rate remind me of people who convert to a new religion.

The higher ups live like kings, while you the newly 'enlightened' mental slaves, fight their battles for them and we the people who can discern the difference between scientific fact and scientists/ doctors on the news/ newspapers/ internet ,have to suffer because of your herd immunity to logic.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 16th, 2021, 4:32 pm

You 1% Does talk big until you contract it and dead.Good luck with that...
Skanky wrote:You 99% who believe the world should be locked down because of a 0.016 death rate remind me of people who convert to a new religion.

The higher ups live like kings, while you the newly 'enlightened' mental slaves, fight their battles for them and we the people who can discern the difference between scientific fact and scientists/ doctors on the news/ newspapers/ internet ,have to suffer because of your herd immunity to logic.

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » February 16th, 2021, 8:43 pm

timelapse wrote:You 1% Does talk big until you contract it and dead.Good luck with that...
Skanky wrote:You 99% who believe the world should be locked down because of a 0.016 death rate remind me of people who convert to a new religion.

Go ask mummy or daddy if you've had the flu before at any point in your life.
If you did, chances are, it was the coronavirus.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » February 16th, 2021, 9:40 pm

redakkmooz58 wrote:hello conspiracy jackassboi drychaos dis killer virus is raging in d usa and uk n urope. the small n isolated countrys like most of d caribben n new zeland have it undr control but always hav 2 be careful and strict 2 keep it dat way. but dis killer virus is killlin hundrred n thousands like half million in usa alredy ded. r u dis stupid? australia n uk n canada lock down n dey fighting hard but it hav 2 much jackass lik u livin dey. u stupidie dgshit brain go n rub ur battam wid essential oils n go sleep. tmrw 500.000 ded in usa alone while u brayin like d jackass ur mudda make n send u jr sec.

yes, agree

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » February 16th, 2021, 9:49 pm

Fellas debating whether a lockdown is necessary is a tricky question. Most world governments erred on the side of caution.

However, my friends in Ghana and Nigeria have told me other than in government buildings where mask-wearing is needed, or schools being closed, life is basically normal.

I guess my theory of hot tropical humid climates are relatively safer, either by reducing the Rnaught or by having more asymptomatic cases due to high vitamin D levels.

I'd say we can safely open up a bit more, let's see how schools and reopening of bars affect things.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 16th, 2021, 9:58 pm

We’re just going in circles lads

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » February 16th, 2021, 10:01 pm

i think bars getting too much blame here. Ah lil secret - bars and restaurants basically open all over the country and putting alcohol in the drinks and the case load low low. Single digits.

this continued war on bars is just a way to oppress bar patrons

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 17th, 2021, 12:09 am

redakkmooz58 wrote:hello conspiracy jackassboi drychaos dis killer virus is raging in d usa and uk n urope. the small n isolated countrys like most of d caribben n new zeland have it undr control but always hav 2 be careful and strict 2 keep it dat way. but dis killer virus is killlin hundrred n thousands like half million in usa alredy ded. r u dis stupid? australia n uk n canada lock down n dey fighting hard but it hav 2 much jackass lik u livin dey. u stupidie dgshit brain go n rub ur battam wid essential oils n go sleep. tmrw 500.000 ded in usa alone while u brayin like d jackass ur mudda make n send u jr sec.

Who de fack talking bout USA and UK ???
You is one ah dem people who does piss your pants and run around screaming "we all going to die" when it have a Tsunami in South East Asia.

Man body in Trinidad and his disturbed mental state living in the US and UK.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 17th, 2021, 12:14 am

timelapse wrote:You 1% Does talk big until you contract it and dead.Good luck with that...

You come across anyone under 60 without any medical comorbidities that die from this "KILLER VIRUS" in T&T?
So why in gods name would I contract it and "Dead"?

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » February 17th, 2021, 7:24 am

apparently ome set ah ignorant krvnts showed up in the savannah for some organised party..should have dropped a dome over them all until they dead and then give the savannah some good soil nutrients after their bodies decomposed... what a bunch of faking cakaholes.........

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 17th, 2021, 7:27 am

Ben_spanna wrote:apparently ome set ah ignorant krvnts showed up in the savannah for some organised party..should have dropped a dome over them all until they dead and then give the savannah some good soil nutrients after their bodies decomposed... what a bunch of faking cakaholes.........

It’s totally fine ... it’s like back in the day when people used to have chicken pox parties to get immunity. Kill two birds with one stone, lime and immunity.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » February 17th, 2021, 8:05 am

drchaos wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:apparently ome set ah ignorant krvnts showed up in the savannah for some organised party..should have dropped a dome over them all until they dead and then give the savannah some good soil nutrients after their bodies decomposed... what a bunch of faking cakaholes.........

It’s totally fine ... it’s like back in the day when people used to have chicken pox parties to get immunity. Kill two birds with one stone, lime and immunity.
Except chicken pox has a fatality rate of about 0.005%.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 17th, 2021, 9:06 am

My dad actually had it as well as 2 very good friends.If you want to believe is the cold go right ahead...
Skanky wrote:

Go ask mummy or daddy if you've had the flu before at any point in your life.
If you did, chances are, it was the coronavirus.

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » February 17th, 2021, 9:27 am

0.016 death rate is because the world locked down

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectious ... id19/88692
The mask wearing and lockdown help a lot as it reduces viral load, that makes people who get infected either mild or asymptomatic, if we did not wear masks and did not lockdown and went about business as usual, viral load would be high and people would be more sick resulting in more death.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » February 17th, 2021, 9:43 am

coincidence that they giving 500 doses of the vaccine 2-3 weeks before the major shipment reach? are we watching to see what will happen to the 500 nurses that will take the vaccine ? will terry be guinea pig 1 for the vaccine?

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » February 17th, 2021, 10:05 am

@timelapse did the individuals have comorbidities? are they obese? high blood pressure? elderly? it is well documented that covid-19 affects the elderly and those with comorbidities and or lifestyle diseases more severely. for instance my 25 year old brother had it and he felt nothing. after being cleared he was back out and about like nothing.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » February 17th, 2021, 10:07 am

daring dragoon wrote:coincidence that they giving 500 doses of the vaccine 2-3 weeks before the major shipment reach? are we watching to see what will happen to the 500 nurses that will take the vaccine ? will terry be guinea pig 1 for the vaccine?

i think they said that the batch of vaccines here now is extra that barbados had. why is a country giving us extras of what has been touted as the all cure to the pandemic and lockdowns. idk

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » February 17th, 2021, 10:22 am

elec2020 wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:coincidence that they giving 500 doses of the vaccine 2-3 weeks before the major shipment reach? are we watching to see what will happen to the 500 nurses that will take the vaccine ? will terry be guinea pig 1 for the vaccine?

i think they said that the batch of vaccines here now is extra that barbados had. why is a country giving us extras of what has been touted as the all cure to the pandemic and lockdowns. idk
Six month shelf life...

Stability of vaccine

The MHRA Information for Healthcare Professionals on COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca states that unopened multidose vials have a shelf life of 6 months when stored at 2°C to 8°C.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » February 17th, 2021, 10:36 am

^noted with thanks. nice information. still, why ship it out. u telling me that the whole of barbados has been vaccinated? so they had surplus to give away.

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » February 17th, 2021, 12:01 pm

107bd0b9-2e2b-435e-aec5-02c20c07f8a8.jpg

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » February 17th, 2021, 12:05 pm

Hundreds turn up for Savannah lime

POLICE dispersed several hundred people who gathered to celebrate Carnival 2021 at the Queen’s Park Savannah in Port of Spain yesterday, even though the Greatest Show on Earth was cancelled this year because of the global pande­mic.

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... 2318e.html

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » February 17th, 2021, 12:10 pm

abducted wrote:107bd0b9-2e2b-435e-aec5-02c20c07f8a8.jpg

the beaches back on lockdown? or we in a police state?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 17th, 2021, 1:10 pm

if the public parking lots are full, the beach is full so people are rightly being turned back unless you living up there or going to a beach house

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » February 17th, 2021, 1:13 pm

You sure its just not just a regular road block? Not uncommon on that stretch of road

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”