TriniTuner 24-7

Re: COVIDIOTS in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby The_Honourable » November 22nd, 2020, 5:41 pm

Meanwhile... alleged to be the Valsayn wedding

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » November 22nd, 2020, 5:50 pm

Haha.... let the beat up start about the Valsayn wedding and the zesser party for a 10 days like the tax exemption of Member of Parliament vehicles.....

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » November 22nd, 2020, 6:34 pm

rebound wrote:Haha.... let the beat up start about the Valsayn wedding and the zesser party for a 10 days like the tax exemption of Member of Parliament vehicles.....

Doubt anything will happen to them in Valsayn.

But seriously, I've mentioned a few times how I've seen weddings happening right now. Those were in at temple near my friends home and their loophole was religious ceremonies can take place once it's less than 50% capacity.

Masks aren't mandatory in these events which is ludicrous, but yea wear your mask in your car. freaking BUGWAAANAAA hole idiots.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » November 22nd, 2020, 6:39 pm

Leave the RICH ALONE haven't they been through enough.

Don't you know how hard they've had it???

COVID has profoundly affected them many of them have had to close down a branch of their businesses or even...gasp...two....

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 22nd, 2020, 6:47 pm

gg say they can’t touch private functions
only if it is a paid entry function

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » November 22nd, 2020, 7:09 pm

So the "zesser" party was a paid event?

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » November 22nd, 2020, 7:28 pm

I think people trying to blur the lines between right and wrong. Some saying that both events violated the 10 people gathering rule so both participants should be arrrested. The ttps essentially said in their statement that the zesser party was on private property but it had paid entry thus making it a public gathering and as such breaking the rules. While no statement from ttps was made on the wedding some say it was a private event with no paid entry amd as such they could basically do what they want. I look forward to see what the PM and COP have to say on this matter as it real kicking up a fuss on social media. Also the ttps video on the arrests was not well received imo as many comments asking about what happen with the valsayn wedding.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » November 22nd, 2020, 7:50 pm

Screenshot_20201122_194953.jpg

Just wondering, is a wedding a public event? Is any lime considered a public event? Free fete by ppl house allowed?
Last edited by Dohplaydat on November 22nd, 2020, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » November 22nd, 2020, 7:56 pm

How the police knew the Kelly village party wasn't free entry?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 22nd, 2020, 8:00 pm

a wedding with registry technically ain’t free eh

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » November 22nd, 2020, 8:10 pm

How many guests were at the wedding? Same as the "zesser" party?

What constitutes public and/or private?

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » November 22nd, 2020, 10:00 pm

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » November 22nd, 2020, 10:11 pm

Numb3r4 wrote:How many guests were at the wedding? Same as the "zesser" party?

According to Gary Corvid does only spread in public zessar party not stoosh zessa party

Devourment
Trinituner Peong

Postby Devourment » November 22nd, 2020, 10:16 pm

Gladiator wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:How many guests were at the wedding? Same as the "zesser" party?

According to Gary Corvid does only spread in public zessar party not stoosh zessa party

I don't believe this is Gary's fault, there is clearly something legally that allows for private events like weddings and not for paid parties.

Which I should say is BS. Especially with Christmas approaching, I cannot for the life of me see how a wedding is allowed while a party isn't.

They are EXACTLY the same thing.

For that matter, anyone throwing a wedding right now is scum. How selfish and irresponsible can you be to disregard a pandemic, and think your lil stupid wedding is important?

Have they not seen how many people have died from contracting covid-19 from weddings in the US?

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » November 22nd, 2020, 10:45 pm

Have a read:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6945a5.htm

Multiple COVID-19 Outbreaks Linked to a Wedding Reception in Rural Maine — August 7–September 14, 2020
Weekly / November 13, 2020 / 69(45);1686–1690

Parag Mahale, MBBS, PhD1,2; Craig Rothfuss, MPA, MPH1,3; Sarah Bly1,3; Megan Kelley1,3; Siiri Bennett, MD1; Sara L. Huston, PhD1,3; Sara Robinson, MPH1 (View author affiliations)

View suggested citation
Summary
What is already known about this topic?

Large gatherings pose a high risk for SARS-CoV-2 transmission.

What is added by this report?

A wedding reception with 55 persons in a rural Maine town led to COVID-19 outbreaks in the local community, as well as at a long-term care facility and a correctional facility in other counties. Overall, 177 COVID-19 cases were linked to the event, including seven hospitalizations and seven deaths (four in hospitalized persons). Investigation revealed noncompliance with CDC’s recommended mitigation measures.

What are the implications for public health practice?

To mitigate transmission, persons should avoid large gatherings, practice physical distancing, wear masks, stay home when ill, and self-quarantine after exposure to a person with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » November 22nd, 2020, 10:47 pm

And this one:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/vo ... h-n1248402

Vogue deletes article about Martha's Vineyard wedding after health officials link it to Covid cases
The out-of-state couple married at Lambert's Cove Inn in West Tisbury on Oct. 11.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » November 23rd, 2020, 6:25 am

imagine get ketch in that party with gary na, hadda remain till morning, rell antics.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » November 23rd, 2020, 8:37 am

Commissioner of Police Gary Griffith has responded to a question about a wedding held at a residence in South Valsayn on Saturday night.

Scores of guests turned up at the wedding of a relative of a businessman, including top Government officials.

The Express visited the location on Saturday night and observed ushers on the street instructing guests where to park.

Some guests were seen wearing face masks.

Griffith said: “Persons inviting their family and personal friends in small numbers to their home on private property is something totally different, as there is no law being broken, but they do have a responsibility to act in consideration of the Covid-19 guidelines and protocols. This is totally different to zesser parties where organisers are advertising prior to the event and patrons are paying a cover charge to enter the premises of people they do not even know, with a cash bar at the event. This takes away the ‘get out of jail free’ card of it being private property and as such the police would treat it as a violation of the legislation.”

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/z ... bf5f5.html

Its confirmed. The man is a puppet or has a deep hatred for those that appear to him to be on the lower levels of the social ladder. Look at the terminology he is using. About zesser party. That makes it seem like its only the low class events that breaking the covid rules. Cause the DDI event clearly wasn't a zesser party. This guy is one of the worst and most bias COPs we have ever gotten. He fell from grace sooooooooo quickly. I hope the PM will pull him up again but as government officials were alledged to be present in the event i doubt it. Sigh. What a banana republic we live in

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

COVIDIOTS in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby MaxPower » November 23rd, 2020, 8:52 am

I agree with GG.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 23rd, 2020, 9:06 am

Not supporting any gatherings as the virus does not care if it's 2 or 2000 people for it to spread.
But the law is the law and if there is not any ordinance or regulation for private property then the Police can only act within the law.
If people choose to be irresponsible in their own property, the Police can only advise. Maybe the regulations need to change.
With regards to the paid door entrance and paid bar - are there any other examples where this was done and the Police didn't act?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » November 23rd, 2020, 9:07 am

pete wrote:How the police knew the Kelly village party wasn't free entry?

I think I saw the video with a bag of money being found....this am on TV6 with GG.
I assume thats the cover charge.

Both groups are stupid.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » November 23rd, 2020, 9:42 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Not supporting any gatherings as the virus does not care if it's 2 or 2000 people for it to spread.
But the law is the law and if there is not any ordinance or regulation for private property then the Police can only act within the law.
If people choose to be irresponsible in their own property, the Police can only advise. Maybe the regulations need to change.
With regards to the paid door entrance and paid bar - are there any other examples where this was done and the Police didn't act?

In the UK the regulations don't distinguish between private and public but limits gatherings to no more than 8 I believe. That would be difficult here I am sure seeing that trinis live in extended families.

As GG said you can't police stupidity and that zesser larty just showed that we do have a lot of stupid people walking amongst us.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » November 23rd, 2020, 9:43 am

My irk is why one group get away with their stupidity and not being called out on it by those in authority. But the other being made out to be the scum of society for their similar actions. I hate to see classism. We will never realize our full potentials as a nation if we continue like this.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » November 23rd, 2020, 10:00 am

elec2020 wrote:My irk is why one group get away with their stupidity and not being called out on it by those in authority. But the other being made out to be the scum of society for their similar actions. I hate to see classism. We will never realize our full potentials as a nation if we continue like this.

But the zessers are the scum of society in this situation. Both events are in no way shape or form similar. One group held a private wedding that probably was too big. The other group held a public party with paid admission that was open to the general public. This was illegal.

I am sure there were no fire officials, police officers etc there to regulate the crowd and for public health and safety. Seeing that there are no parties allowed now I am sure that alcohol was being sold without a bar license. Another criminal act.

We need to make distinctions between irresponsibility and criminality. Both must be condemed but let us not place ppl who are overzealous in the hosting of a wedding or funeral with those who knowingly break the law for a "zess" in the same category please.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 23rd, 2020, 10:12 am

Could not have been more succinct.
Take bull!!
Screenshot_2020-11-23-10-07-39-656_com.facebook.katana.jpeg

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 23rd, 2020, 10:29 am

Had the Zessers been talking spanish and claiming to be Venezuelan refugees, they would not have been touched.Instead they would have gotten free hampers, health care etc. Dem Zessers need to think ....

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » November 23rd, 2020, 10:58 am

Redress10 wrote:
elec2020 wrote:My irk is why one group get away with their stupidity and not being called out on it by those in authority. But the other being made out to be the scum of society for their similar actions. I hate to see classism. We will never realize our full potentials as a nation if we continue like this.

But the zessers are the scum of society in this situation. Both events are in no way shape or form similar. One group held a private wedding that probably was too big. The other group held a public party with paid admission that was open to the general public. This was illegal.

I am sure there were no fire officials, police officers etc there to regulate the crowd and for public health and safety. Seeing that there are no parties allowed now I am sure that alcohol was being sold without a bar license. Another criminal act.

We need to make distinctions between irresponsibility and criminality. Both must be condemed but let us not place ppl who are overzealous in the hosting of a wedding or funeral with those who knowingly break the law for a "zess" in the same category please.

Both events were unwarranted. Both had large gatherings (the landscape of the wedding does not make it appear that they were going to have a small number of attendees). Both events i am sure had the consumption of alcoholic beverages around bars which i believe is still illegal. Both events would not have had fire marshals and police to separate the crowds to regulate the crowd and for public health and safety as a right thinking fire marshal and/or officer would have regulated the size of the wedding crowd. Why are you defending two groups that both did the wrong thing? In the past people have been arrested and charged for being over capacity for a funeral and weddings were postponed due to the bride and groom not being able to get the amount of guests in that they want. For the hoi polloi they have to abide by the rules but the few with the millions in their accounts can do what they want. That is foolishness

Devourment
Trinituner Peong

Postby Devourment » November 23rd, 2020, 11:28 am

The consumption of alcohol at the wedding was legal, it's mainly the size of the gathering.

What I'm utterly confused about is that during the beginning of these lockdowns we were explicitly told by Stuart and Terrance that gatherings at home could not exceed more than 10 people. I have vivid memory of that being all over social media.

Now, apparently, when covid-19 is definitely among us and again might be potentially growing again, we seemed to have found loopholes in that initial statement.

Was it just 'guidance' or was it law?

Cuz I remember, a friend explicitly asking TTPS about it for a birthday party he was throwing his wife and they told him, once the number of guests doesn't exceed 10 (including the persons who live there) it's allowed.

Aside from this, how stupid can people be to throw a wedding right now?

Morally, I see the zesser party being less wrong because at least they trying to make a 'honest' dollar. A wedding like that was purely just to bling and show off.....totally unnecessary.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » November 23rd, 2020, 11:29 am

But they are clearly two separate events. The wedding is a personal event for close friends and family whilst the zess is open to the general public at a fee. Ppl chose to attend the zess to rub up and frolic with strangers for a fee. The wedding commemorated a once in a lifetime event for a couple. The couple would have had their guest list and I am sure that plenty ppl would have been excluded as well just like any wedding.

The wedding needs to be categorised with other irresponsible events taking place such as private family limes and other family gatherings. It was a private event for friends and family.

Whilst it must be condemned as well let us not group these ppl with the neighbourhood zessers who didn't care about putting others at risk in order to zess. This was a public event at a door fee. It was an illegal party.

We need to stop playing foolish and making it out like both events are in some way or form equal. In the middle of a pandemic, people are trying to find loopholes in order to frolic. What madness is this?

Chances are there are more hidden zesses taking place all over the country and more being planned for the coming weekend. My problem with this is the culture of zessing that seems synonymous with lawbreaking now. Where having a "zess" is viewed as something defying authority. That is dangerous in these times

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”