Forums

Re: PNM in Gov't

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Re: Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby Redress10 » March 14th, 2021, 11:33 am

The system is mass producing hooligans. There are less "prestigious" schools than there are government schools so there will always be a fight for places. Not to mention the bribery that takes place.

Let us say that 20k students sit exams and only 3000 get to go to a "prestigious" school each year. Are we telling 17000 students at the age of 12 that their lives don't matter? They have no value?

How is it acceptable that we write off 15000+ of our children each year based on an exam. What happens when you attach stigma to their education and treat them like second class citizens at such a young age then obviously they gonna end up like hooligans. The prestigious schools are already breathing hooligans and that is with parental support and guidance. But Anal Roberts could go Fatima and act like a literal hooligan and be given a pass by society though.

My solution is this. Strictly based on merit. Same SEA exam for now but no more concordat and 20%. If the concordat remains then the 20% has to go. Zoning to be enforced so a child living South stays in south etc except for mitigating circumstances such as both parents working POS for example.

The purpose of SEA for me would be one to place students with likeminded students. That would determine the pace of the curriculum being taught at certain schools. So basically if 20000 students sit an exam then the best performing 100 end up in a school together then the second 100 end up in another school and so on.

The further down you go in list the less "prestigious" or academically rigourous the school becomes. Now note I don't mean less funding or attention would be given to those schools. All this means is that the smarter children would have an expanded and possibly accelerated school curriculum. There may be greater focus on STEM from a young age. Think about the same prestigious school system but based strictly on merit.

Now as parents it would be up to you and your child ro decide just how much pressure you are willing to accept to pursue academics.

I know a girl who passed for a jr sec and daddy made a call and she ended up in a Convent.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 14th, 2021, 12:29 pm

Amazing how many people feel that their children cannot succeed in a non-"prestigious? school,

teems1
punchin NOS

Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby teems1 » March 14th, 2021, 12:30 pm

Yes the 20% exists but that entire allocation isn't only for the 1%.

The real debate is "whether a rising tide raises all ships" vs "one rotten apple spoils the barrel".

When it comes to 11-20 years going through puberty and are impressionable, it's often easier to slide downward than upwards.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 14th, 2021, 12:31 pm

Redress10 wrote:The system is mass producing hooligans. There are less "prestigious" schools than there are government schools so there will always be a fight for places. Not to mention the bribery that takes place.

Let us say that 20k students sit exams and only 3000 get to go to a "prestigious" school each year. Are we telling 17000 students at the age of 12 that their lives don't matter? They have no value?

How is it acceptable that we write off 15000+ of our children each year based on an exam. What happens when you attach stigma to their education and treat them like second class citizens at such a young age then obviously they gonna end up like hooligans. The prestigious schools are already breathing hooligans and that is with parental support and guidance. But Anal Roberts could go Fatima and act like a literal hooligan and be given a pass by society though.

My solution is this. Strictly based on merit. Same SEA exam for now but no more concordat and 20%. If the concordat remains then the 20% has to go. Zoning to be enforced so a child living South stays in south etc except for mitigating circumstances such as both parents working POS for example.

The purpose of SEA for me would be one to place students with likeminded students. That would determine the pace of the curriculum being taught at certain schools. So basically if 20000 students sit an exam then the best performing 100 end up in a school together then the second 100 end up in another school and so on.

The further down you go in list the less "prestigious" or academically rigourous the school becomes. Now note I don't mean less funding or attention would be given to those schools. All this means is that the smarter children would have an expanded and possibly accelerated school curriculum. There may be greater focus on STEM from a young age. Think about the same prestigious school system but based strictly on merit.

Now as parents it would be up to you and your child ro decide just how much pressure you are willing to accept to pursue academics.

I know a girl who passed for a jr sec and daddy made a call and she ended up in a Convent.

As long as SDMS and ASJA around....nothing gonna change

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 14th, 2021, 12:34 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
Redress10 wrote:The system is mass producing hooligans. There are less "prestigious" schools than there are government schools so there will always be a fight for places. Not to mention the bribery that takes place.

As long as SDMS and ASJA around....nothing gonna change

Don't forget RC too......

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » March 14th, 2021, 12:52 pm

One phone call...swish from jr sec to convent. Bypassing gov't sec and sen comprehensive and going straight to Convent.

They fooling people and telling them SEA is the way whilst them doing all kinda backroom deals to get their children an advantage and to further pull wool over the country's eyes each year they give out Sea "awards" to make it look like the system is based on merit.

The real SEA placement done take place depending on where the child living and who their parents know. Years before that child born they already have a place in a school of their parents standing.

Bullchit

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 14th, 2021, 2:24 pm

Redress10 wrote:One phone call...swish from jr sec to convent. Bypassing gov't sec and sen comprehensive and going straight to Convent.

They fooling people and telling them SEA is the way whilst them doing all kinda backroom deals to get their children an advantage and to further pull wool over the country's eyes each year they give out Sea "awards" to make it look like the system is based on merit.

The real SEA placement done take place depending on where the child living and who their parents know. Years before that child born they already have a place in a school of their parents standing.

Bullchit
It's not really 20% but more like 30%

Cause the church is 20 % then you have government minsters giving orders to Minster of Ed on who they want in .

So 30% who really deserve to be there will be getting to train with hooligans

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » March 14th, 2021, 2:58 pm

I feel it's probably more than that. Possibly over 50%.

Equality yeh

The real hooligans are all of those who didn't earn their place honestly. That's where the bad habits start.

sMASH
TunerGod

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby sMASH » March 14th, 2021, 3:41 pm

trinidad: first world restrictions and taxation, with fourth worth world debt and conditions.
thank u, rowliar

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 14th, 2021, 4:04 pm

sMASH wrote:trinidad: first world restrictions and taxation, with fourth worth world debt and conditions.
thank u, rowliar

Yet you have a couple twits here trying to make JUHN Scarfy sound like some economic genius for giving away a plant to an ex LFD RFD PNM lobbyist. If he shat out a turd directly on their heads, I suspect they'd cheer :?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 14th, 2021, 4:06 pm

sMASH wrote:trinidad: first world restrictions and taxation, with fourth worth world debt and conditions.
thank u, rowliar
Petrotrin made ah profit of 800mill but no account for where the money was spent or where it went.

On top of that 1.5 billion gone from HSF

I think we seeing Panama all over again

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » March 14th, 2021, 4:16 pm

De Dragon wrote:
thank u, rowliar

Yet you have a couple twits here trying to make JUHN Scarfy sound like some economic genius for giving away a plant to an ex LFD RFD PNM lobbyist. If he shat out a turd directly on their heads, I suspect they'd cheer :?

Your attempt to insult and namecall would land a harder punch if at least half of the time you were actually right.

"NiQuan reached final agreement on the commercial terms and all other outstanding issues on or about August 5, 2015. The proposal was accepted by the Board of Directors and the transaction was subsequently sanctioned by the Minister of Finance, (Corporation Sole)."
https://www.energy.gov.tt/wp-content/up ... roject.pdf

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » March 14th, 2021, 4:22 pm

zoom rader wrote:
thank u, rowliar
Petrotrin made ah profit of 800mill but no account for where the money was spent or where it went.

see goalpost change below

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 14th, 2021, 4:22 pm

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/03/13/associ ... ompletion/
newsday wrote:
Associated Brands CEO reports factory in Colombia nears completion
Ria Chaitram Yesterday

Trade and Industry Minister Paula Gopee-Scoon, Associated Brands Industries Ltd (ABIL) chairman Arthur Lok Jack, centre, and ABIL deputy chairman and CEO Nicholas Lok Jack at a tour of a factory on Monday. -
Trade and Industry Minister Paula Gopee-Scoon, Associated Brands Industries Ltd (ABIL) chairman Arthur Lok Jack, centre, and ABIL deputy chairman and CEO Nicholas Lok Jack at a tour of a factory on Monday. -

Associated Brands Industries Ltd (ABIL), a local snack foods and cereals manufacturer, is capturing new markets outside the Caricom region.

The company which manufacturers chocolate confectionery, biscuits, snack foods and breakfast cereals is nearing completion of a manufacturing factory in Bogota, Colombia.

At a tour of one of its factory in on Monday, with Trade and Industry Minister Paula Gopee-Scoon, the group’s deputy chairman and CEO Nicholas Lok Jack said the company’s modernisation and expansion was a natural part of its business growth.

“Despite significant investments in our Trinidad and Tobago factories our group has also been investing heavily outside Caricom and is in the completion phase of a Greenfield manufacturing factory in Bogota, Colombia, he said in a statement on Friday.

“While investment in a physical factory is important, investment in the marketplace in intangible assets like brands is also critical.”

ABIL currently markets and distributes products in over 45 countries which includes Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Costa Rica, Ireland, Taiwan, the US, the Middle East, the Mediterranean and Caricom countries. It employs over 1,000 people in TT in its four factories locally, ABIL also has two factories in Malta and now one in Colombia. Its headquarters is at Bhagoutie Trace, San Juan.

Gopee-Scoon said she was pleased with the group’s innovation, use of technology and continued investment in their manufacturing and production processes

“The growth and expansion of ABIL over the years is as a direct result of their ongoing drive to penetrate new markets and diversify their product offering. This current expansion will further aid this agenda and increase the global competitiveness of your various product lines," she said.

“The government remains committed to providing the necessary support to businesses seeking to meet international standards and quality, enter new markets and increase their exports.”

Also present at the tour was ABIL’s chairman Arthur Lok Jack.

read the tea leaves.

this shows this business is successful and doing the things right.
the problem is, to be successful, they found it necessary to open factories OUTSIDE of trinidad. when the push should be to produce things here and export, the numbers dictated that a local producer manufacture OUTSIDE of trinidad, and eventually ship it here.

isnt TCL doing sumting like that? producing outside, importing it and repackaging it here?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 14th, 2021, 4:24 pm

yeah, re invested in a few financiers pockets. like ngc funding train 1 turnaround.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » March 14th, 2021, 4:34 pm

You need to read an economics book and not tea leaves. Associated Brands sees it necessary to open factories where the market is to avoid import tarrifs. That is good.
However the profits are repatriated to T&T bringing in a source of forex.

In the same way a Mexican company CEMEX bought majority shareholding in Trinidad Cement Limited to repatriate the profits back to Mexico.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 14th, 2021, 4:38 pm

Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
thank u, rowliar

Your attempt to insult and namecall would land a harder punch if at least half of the time you were actually right.

"NiQuan reached final agreement on the commercial terms and all other outstanding issues on or about August 5, 2015. The proposal was accepted by the Board of Directors and the transaction was subsequently sanctioned by the Minister of Finance, (Corporation Sole)."
https://www.energy.gov.tt/wp-content/up ... roject.pdf

That's your rebuttal? :lol:
Wasn't Gill a LFD RFD PNM lobbyist?
Didn't Malcolm Jones all but ensure that we were on the hook for the Billions that WGTL couldn't secure by making PT the guarantor?
I eh know about your maths, but $2B (25 years to get that too :roll: ) minus the $400 million $USD that the plant eventually cost, isn't a model that I'd boast about :roll:
I only glad for the brethren who'll get jobs there, but the events surrounding this plant stink, and will forever remain so no matter how much spin you try to put on it.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 14th, 2021, 4:53 pm

Habit7 wrote:You need to read an economics book and not tea leaves. Associated Brands sees it necessary to open factories where the market is to avoid import tarrifs. That is good.

In the same way a Mexican company CEMEX bought majority shareholding in Trinidad Cement Limited to repatriate the profits back to Mexico.

Gasp! I actually with P*rnHabit7 on this one :shock: :shock:

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 14th, 2021, 5:09 pm

that is the bill for the plant, but not the actual worth of the plant. people who were there while it was building know the kinda ratchifie that that project was. u do a commission of inquiry into to that, and u will get the definition of Cat-in-Bag

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 14th, 2021, 5:30 pm

sMASH wrote:that is the bill for the plant, but not the actual worth of the plant. people who were there while it was building know the kinda ratchifie that that project was. u do a commission of inquiry into to that, and u will get the definition of Cat-in-Bag

When I saw "refurbished reactors" I cringed :lol:

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 14th, 2021, 5:39 pm

Habit7 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
thank u, rowliar

2 billion made and Trinidad have nutting to show for it .

Impsbert talks and Rowlee lies after 6 years we have still have nutting but taxes and shoddy services

What the toco port feasibility study taking that money to make red government minsters and agents rich overnight

We living in North Korea now

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 14th, 2021, 5:44 pm

Habit7 wrote:You need to read an economics book and not tea leaves. Associated Brands sees it necessary to open factories where the market is to avoid import tarrifs. That is good.

Dummy these businessmen keep their money in offshore banks.

Very little Forex is brought here and only used for maintenance

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 14th, 2021, 5:52 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
thank u, rowliar

2 billion made and Trinidad have nutting to show for it .

Impsbert talks and Rowlee lies after 6 years we have still have nutting but taxes and shoddy services

What the toco port feasibility study taking that money to make red government minsters and agents rich overnight

We living in North Korea now

Creative accounting, when you don't pay SPT, it's easy to look like you're raking in money. Note how carefully Imbert skirts the issue and your antenna instinctively rises. So this moron wants us to believe that by not paying the SPT,(as is mandatory by LAW!) they're actually paying the SPT? :?
“As part of the re­struc­tur­ing of Petrotrin and the re­fi­nanc­ing of the US$850 mil­lion Petrotrin bond that was tak­en over by Trinidad Pe­tro­le­um and due for pay­ment in Au­gust 2019, the Gov­ern­ment gave an un­der­tak­ing to make eq­ui­ty in­vest­ments in Her­itage Pe­tro­le­um to fi­nance the ex­plo­ration and pro­duc­tion of oil, in sums equal to the amount of sup­ple­men­tal pe­tro­le­um tax that would be due and payable over the pe­ri­od Ju­ly 2019 to June 2021,” Im­bert said.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 14th, 2021, 6:01 pm

im totally in agreement that its good business.

what i am saying is, its more attractive to set up manufacturing outside tnt and import the products here more and more.

this comes following tcl, berger and unilever ceasing operation locally, to merely import and sell.

what i imply is, that those things resulted in job losses, far less for encouraging job creation.

if the profits are repatriated here, thats good for gortt, but not good for the skilled labourer lookin for a wuk. they will hadda buy a truck and sell products by the empty lot.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 14th, 2021, 6:06 pm

is there legislation which requires usd export earning companies to “cash back” usd to tt ?

zoom rader wrote:

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » March 14th, 2021, 6:28 pm

just beat ups and goalpost changes...

Rather than acknowledge that you were wrong about Dr Rowley "giving away a plant to an ex LFD RFD PNM lobbyist" you act like if anybody disputed he was a lobbyist. UNC wanted to liquidate the plant as scrap metal and thank God, it could have been the biggest flag-waving PNM, who cares, he fought the PP govt and bought it for much more than what we would have got for scrap. This was long before Dr Keith Rowley was PM. Now it is giving jobs, bringing forex and going to reduce the sulphur in our diesel... but the undying UNC in you must find something negative to say.

And the next one, "no account for where the money was spent or where it went" shows him an account of the minister accounting where the profit was spent...

goalpost change!

if anything, this is entertaining.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » March 14th, 2021, 6:34 pm

pugboy wrote:is there legislation which requires usd export earning companies to “cash back” usd to tt ?

Facts don't matter here. The idea is to convey that PNM is bad and reality has to fit that.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » March 14th, 2021, 6:48 pm

pugboy wrote:is there legislation which requires usd export earning companies to “cash back” usd to tt ?

zoom rader wrote:

there is no legislation. However, there are de-facto currency controls because the commercial banks have no currency to sell you and the only other option is going to the EXIM bank. The EXIM bank was set up a few years ago by the government as a 'work around' for the manufacturing sector to continue operating.

AFAIK, if you go through the EXIM bank, the overseas buyer must pay the EXIM bank (not you), and then the EXIM bank releases your earnings back to you in TTD only. Your manufacturing business never actually gets to keep the foreign currency it earns.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » March 14th, 2021, 6:53 pm

USD profits repatriated to t&t you say....Peter Pan is that you?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 14th, 2021, 6:54 pm

no doubt a big shot mfg wouldn’t bring back all their usd
they go cash in a token amount but no way them letting govt get full access to their funds

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”