https://www.facebook.com/pg/PNMTT/photos/

that mean more taxes on other vehicles

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: PNM in Gov't(2020-2025)

Postby aaron17 » August 11th, 2020, 2:45 pm

zoom rader wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
aaron17 wrote:Well the gov't have no money but the ppl have money. Guess what they gonna do.

budget day is close
There goes you bank balance in paying taxes
Likewise bro

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » August 11th, 2020, 3:10 pm

Congrats to the PNM for their victory. Normally I would give anyone a chance at the outset, but with the same incompetent, clueless and dangerous combo of JUHN Scarfy, Tight Shirt, Goebbels, Impsy etc, I have little to no hope.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 12th, 2020, 7:55 am

De Dragon wrote:Congrats to the PNM for their victory. Normally I would give anyone a chance at the outset, but with the same incompetent, clueless and dangerous combo of JUHN Scarfy, Tight Shirt, Goebbels, Impsy etc, I have little to no hope.

Congrats ?

No official results have be tabulated from EBC as yet. Hold your horses

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » August 12th, 2020, 8:21 am

De Dragon wrote:Congrats to the PNM for their victory. Normally I would give anyone a chance at the outset, but with the same incompetent, clueless and dangerous combo of JUHN Scarfy, Tight Shirt, Goebbels, Impsy etc, I have little to no hope.

Don't blame PNM. They are what they have been for the past 50 years and they not going to change.
Blame the membership of the UNC for voting in a weak leader.
It's either they want to put up a serious fight in which case they put in strong male leadership or they just care about keeping hold of leadership of the party and they stick with the ladies crew and condemn Trinidad to PNM forever.
You can't continue to lose most of the East west corridor and expect to win those seats with a woman from Siparia. It's like the UNC is run by a set of dinosaurs.

Furthermore look at the PNM. There isn't one woman with any kind of leadership role or power within the PNM.
The women in PNM just there for window dressing and other purposes.
Power in Trinidad comes from POS and is held by old boys clubs.
The UNC will never ever wrest power from the PNM ever in its current form.
Last edited by Skanky on August 12th, 2020, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 12th, 2020, 8:29 am

Ah lil birdie say expect that personal tax to go up

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 12th, 2020, 8:33 am

^As zoom would say "that is what we voted for!"
And we like it, we love it when PNM fcuks us and this country's future, so we vote for them again. Nobody eh riot yet.

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » August 12th, 2020, 8:35 am

The Voice of the people have spoken, but the thing is the majority of the voice went to the UNC (both is 2015 and 2020). This system we have is flawed.
I think Government should be chosen by Majority of votes for General Election and let Local Election handle M.P's and Councillors.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 12th, 2020, 8:41 am

maj. tom wrote:^As zoom would say "that is what we voted for!"
And we like it, we love it when PNM fcuks us and this country's future, so we vote for them again. Nobody eh riot yet.

Boy...anybody I hear complaining, I rubbing it in deh face..."ent yuh vote for that, hymc".....ah swear

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 12th, 2020, 9:12 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Ah lil birdie say expect that personal tax to go up
Awaits PNM budget day for this news .

I support more taxes under PNM.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 12th, 2020, 9:14 am

mad wrote:The Voice of the people have spoken, but the thing is the majority of the voice went to the UNC (both is 2015 and 2020). This system we have is flawed.
I think Government should be chosen by Majority of votes for General Election and let Local Election handle M.P's and Councillors.
Think all you want, dat not going to happen

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » August 12th, 2020, 9:15 am

zoom rader wrote:
mad wrote:The Voice of the people have spoken, but the thing is the majority of the voice went to the UNC (both is 2015 and 2020). This system we have is flawed.

I know. Was just wishful thinking.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 12th, 2020, 9:20 am

mad wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

PNM will never allow the popular vote

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 12th, 2020, 9:23 am

Complaining after the fact is useless. The system is what it is and all the parties went in knowing what it is.

However never forget there was once a 29-12 majority. Enough to make all these constitutional changes and more. Remember recall, term limits etc.??

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 12th, 2020, 10:01 am

Dizzy28 wrote:

Complaining after the fact is useless. The system is what it is and all the parties went in knowing what it is.

However never forget there was once a 29-12 majority. Enough to make all these constitutional changes and more. Remember recall, term limits etc.??

Exactly, they had a chance to change it and first pass the post looks like it gonna remain for a while

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » August 12th, 2020, 10:04 am

Dizzy28 wrote:

SO? NAR had a 33-3, PNM had absolute majorities in the past. You guys have to stop believing that any party will enact legislation that is likely to bite their own arses in the future.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 12th, 2020, 10:17 am

mad wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

The popular vote is irrelevant. And how would that even make sense? Because a population has to be proportionally represented by the area where they live. Imagine whole of POS area there are 5 constituencies. And 200,000 voters in that area voted PNM.

And only 100,000 in each of the other constituencies in the rest of country voted for UNC with no contest. Are you then saying that PNM would equally represent the voting choice of the rest of the population? That is why we have seats and polling divisions which ultimately comes from the population census.

I would say that we can reform it so that political parties would become less relevant and that a Government is formed from the winners of each seat and not a party. This would now make up the Electoral College. The members of the College would now choose a leader through votes, similar to how the US president is actually elected, or how Conservatives and Labour parties in the UK choose their leader and deputy leader. This happens within 1 week of a GE. The leader of Government then distributes the Cabinet portfolios. Obviously the written constitution to govern this process would be much more complicated than outlined here.

I mean, this is literally what the people voted for: Members of Parliament to represent them in their district, not a party. So now the machinery of the country can work as intended, what the people voted for. No longer would winning MPs chosen by the people in their district end up in the Opposition and completely powerless and not getting funding to take care of the constituency. They literally have the right to make Government decisions empowered by the choice of the people.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 12th, 2020, 10:21 am

maj. tom wrote:
mad wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

The popular vote is irrelevant. And how would that even make sense? Because a population has to be proportionally represented by the area where they live. Imagine whole of POS area there are 5 constituencies. And 200,000 voters in that area voted PNM.

And only 100,000 in each of the other constituencies in the rest of country voted for UNC with no contest. Are you then saying that PNM would equally represent the voting choice of the rest of the population? That is why we have seats and polling divisions which ultimately comes from the population census.

I would say that we can reform it so that political parties would become less relevant and that a Government is formed from the winners of each seat and not a party. This would now make up the Electoral College. The members of the College would now choose a leader through votes, similar to how the US president is actually elected, or how Conservatives and Labour parties in the UK choose their leader and deputy leader. This happens within 1 week of a GE. The leader of Government then distributes the Cabinet portfolios. Obviously the written constitution to govern this process would be much more complicated that outlined here.

I mean, this is literally what the people voted for: Members of Parliament to represent them in their district, not a party. So now the machinery of the country can work as intended, what the people voted for. No longer would winning MPs chosen by the people in their district end up in the Opposition and completely powerless and not getting funding to take care of the constituency. They literally have the right to make Government decisions empowered by the choice of the people.

As I have said before once PNM in power perceived Indo areas are staved for funding and development . Most Indo arears look like some outback poor country areas in India

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 12th, 2020, 11:13 am

De Dragon wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

SO? NAR had a 33-3, PNM had absolute majorities in the past. You guys have to stop believing that any party will enact legislation that is likely to bite their own arses in the future.

As far as I remember NAR did not campaign constitutional reform. The PP did. It's one of the things that made them so popular to start with.

PNM would have last had an absolute majority in the year of the no vote and that predates our current constitution.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » August 12th, 2020, 11:36 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

As far as I remember NAR did not campaign constitutional reform. The PP did. It's one of the things that made them so popular to start with.

PNM would have last had an absolute majority in the year of the no vote and that predates our current constitution.

The discussion is still moot as Tight Shirt Arse Wari has shown consistently to play fast and loose with what a majority definition is

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » August 12th, 2020, 12:55 pm

maj. tom wrote:
mad wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

I would say that we can reform it so that political parties would become less relevant and that a Government is formed from the winners of each seat and not a party. This would now make up the Electoral College. The members of the College would now choose a leader through votes, similar to how the US president is actually elected, or how Conservatives and Labour parties in the UK choose their leader and deputy leader. This happens within 1 week of a GE. The leader of Government then distributes the Cabinet portfolios. Obviously the written constitution to govern this process would be much more complicated than outlined here.

You are doing the same thing like me; wishful thinking.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 12th, 2020, 1:10 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:So with Rohan saying he need to speak to family first to decide if to continue we can expect to see Arvin Kalloo as Minister of Works this rounds??

I call BS. Once there is money ... errm... food to eat, he dey. He might still have land to sell to the government.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 12th, 2020, 1:12 pm

aaron17 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:Lock this thread and start a new one.
Nope leave it
I doubt recount would help.

Talk about toting.

The margins are in the thousands of votes, except for St. Joseph. Recounts will do nothing to change that.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 12th, 2020, 1:13 pm

death365 wrote:so no goodies for a next 2 years (which is 3 budgets) , i guess ill have to wait for the no taxes on electronics an cell phones :( an that the only reason ah vote them

You take chain up from ED.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 12th, 2020, 1:18 pm

bluefete wrote:
death365 wrote:so no goodies for a next 2 years (which is 3 budgets) , i guess ill have to wait for the no taxes on electronics an cell phones :( an that the only reason ah vote them

You take chain up from ED.
Well PNM chain up ED to the max

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 12th, 2020, 1:26 pm

Skanky wrote:You can't continue to lose most of the East west corridor and expect to win those seats with a woman from Siparia. It's like the UNC is run by a set of dinosaurs.

Furthermore look at the PNM. There isn't one woman with any kind of leadership role or power within the PNM.

:icecream:

Very, very true.

Men rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great is the Lodge!!!

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 12th, 2020, 1:27 pm

Boy...anybody I hear complaining, I rubbing it in deh face..."ent yuh vote for that, hymc".....ah swear

Me too. But they will take it and not complain.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 12th, 2020, 1:31 pm

bluefete wrote:

Me too. But they will take it and not complain.
If it was non PNM then marching and portess would be the order of the day

Kewell35
Riding on 16's

Postby Kewell35 » August 12th, 2020, 1:55 pm

Skanky wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

If you notice, there's a recent trend in putting up indian women to garner votes. UNC with Kamla, COP with Carolyn, ILP with whoever that was. They all did poorly. I wonder if they will continue doing this.

In any case, you're wrong about the POS and old boys clubs. Panday won a couple elections and Kamla did. If someone comes with a lot of money to invest (like Warner did) they can do it possibly or even if they run an exceptional campaign.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 12th, 2020, 2:14 pm

Allyuh post the veejo of the PM saying how he gonna deal with wasa nuh...he say wasa like petrotrin...so they gonna deal with them...it was on cnc3 this morning.....

Allyuh vote fuhhhh dat

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”