Forums

Meetup

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ScHoolboySoloQ
Trinituner Peong

Re: Meetup

Postby ScHoolboySoloQ » August 10th, 2020, 12:12 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:Old school tuner limes were good before all the hate/bromance started on the forum. The doubles limes, the house limes, sunday afternoon wallers. A bunch of strangers acting like old friends.
Topic was always about cars and the culture, and most of the online personas didn't match the people behind it.

Then the cliques started, and a bunch of grown ass men started acting like teenage girls.

You'd find limes happening now, but more along the lines of smaller clubs centred around a particular car/brand.
Subie club, L200 club, vezel club etc.

Even in the particular brand meets men does segregate. I was in a WhatsApp Navara club group and I just responded to a post about women that lead to a heated argument. Then for the meet at Maracas beach these raj gang up on me about an argument that happened 4 months ago. Of course their girlfriends were around :lol:

Everyone was segregated into smaller groups and there was not any interactions like what took place on the group chat.

originalbling
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby originalbling » August 10th, 2020, 12:45 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:Old school tuner limes were good before all the hate/bromance started on the forum. The doubles limes, the house limes, sunday afternoon wallers. A bunch of strangers acting like old friends.
Topic was always about cars and the culture
, and most of the online personas didn't match the people behind it.

Then the cliques started, and a bunch of grown ass men started acting like teenage girls.

You'd find limes happening now, but more along the lines of smaller clubs centred around a particular car/brand.

yea true. I even remember going to one when bbq hut was down in la romain

Went to one in uwi and a few by valpark doubles man when pioneer and others were around. The slim chick from curepe was a regular too - cant remember her username. Bought stuff from quite a few powersellers back in the day.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 10th, 2020, 12:47 pm

alot of tuners migrated onto fb or simply dropped out of here

when i used to go carshows used to meet up some of u & sometimes some u come into my store

last 2 sq events saw some familiar tuners & met couple new faces

i use my real 1st name on here but 95% of u use a pseudonym so its kinda hard to remember who is their online name when we bounce up somewhere ...

Dragist
punchin NOS

Postby Dragist » August 10th, 2020, 12:50 pm

Ah the good ole days .

Rx
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Rx » August 10th, 2020, 1:17 pm

Old School Lime... always met good people. Never had a bad experience . Lots of car talk, old talk and some tuners whose screen name doesn't match their outlook or personality.
Things have changed tho... with C19 and all.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » August 10th, 2020, 1:21 pm

a few of the oldfarts usually turn up at cars and coffee, but general consensus is nobody wants to meet random tuner strangers anymore, because this batch just can't take jokes

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » August 10th, 2020, 3:21 pm

Topic was always about cars and the culture, and most of the online personas didn't match the people behind it.

Ditto.

I attended a few 2uner limes and they were fun. Most folks were cool despite all the noise they make on this forum. I attended my last event sometime in 2007/2008 I think. Still keep in touch with some folks I met.

2uner was much more fun back then. Less pantymen.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » August 10th, 2020, 3:30 pm

AbstractPoetic wrote:

Ditto.

I attended a few 2uner limes and they were fun. Most folks were cool despite all the noise they make on this forum. I attended my last event sometime in 2007/2008 I think. Still keep in touch with some folks I met.

2uner was much more fun back then. Less pantymen.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
also, hai AP :oops:

nismotrinidappa
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby nismotrinidappa » August 10th, 2020, 5:50 pm

Went a lot of tuner doubles limes. Even before I joined the forum.those were valsayn race days lol. Then I joined and bought stuff from them. Too many to mention. Never met a bad or smart man tuner as I normally call and see the vibes.bought most of my cars, car parts , turbo right here on tuner.
Also was football days with sharkie,ramps,bh,sinister,adrianosumnsumn, and big man from st James.rfari douglaboy Real fun
days.

Mgman is really nice

Now ..tuner different

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 10th, 2020, 7:13 pm

aye, brotherhood and steffy

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » August 11th, 2020, 8:07 am

nismotrinidappa wrote:Went a lot of tuner doubles limes. Even before I joined the forum.those were valsayn race days lol. Then I joined and bought stuff from them. Too many to mention. Never met a bad or smart man tuner as I normally call and see the vibes.bought most of my cars, car parts , turbo right here on tuner.
Also was football days with sharkie,ramps,bh,sinister,adrianosumnsumn, and big man from st James.rfari douglaboy Real fun
days.

Mgman is really nice

Now ..tuner different

that's insulting

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 11th, 2020, 8:44 am

originalbling wrote:
Topic was always about cars and the culture
, and most of the online personas didn't match the people behind it.

yea true. I even remember going to one when bbq hut was down in la romain

Went to one in uwi and a few by valpark doubles man when pioneer and others were around. The slim chick from curepe was a regular too - cant remember her username. Bought stuff from quite a few powersellers back in the day.

Pandora??

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » August 11th, 2020, 9:21 am

geeeed

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 11th, 2020, 11:14 am

MG Man wrote:geeeed

Lol!!

Because I never was into the car scenes that much, viewing a vehicle more as a means to an end I was late to the Tuner game. In Form 6 to UWI one of my close friend's father was in both TTRC and Autosports so my car stories were fun rallies in TTRC and ripping tickets in drags in Wallerfields.

From 2006 to 2007 I sat opposite a tuner mod in work and tried to sign up then having seen him on it, got a problem in registering and never bothered again for a few years.

The few tuners I do know are all from either work or school. I don't want to meet any of alluh in real life because for example if I find out MG Man is not really an overweight blank man in a trekkie uniform or Pugboy isn't really a boy with a pug's face my tuner world would crumble.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » August 11th, 2020, 11:18 am

Dizzy28 wrote:

Lol!!

Because I never was into the car scenes that much, viewing a vehicle more as a means to an end I was late to the Tuner game. In Form 6 to UWI one of my close friend's father was in both TTRC and Autosports so my car stories were fun rallies in TTRC and ripping tickets in drags in Wallerfields.

From 2006 to 2007 I sat opposite a tuner mod in work and tried to sign up then having seen him on it, got a problem in registering and never bothered again for a few years.

The few tuners I do know are all from either work or school. I don't want to meet any of alluh in real life because for example if I find out MG Man is not really an overweight blank man in a trekkie uniform or Pugboy isn't really a boy with a pug's face my tuner world would crumble.

tbqh I haven't worn the uniform since I put on a few pounds, so you can decide if that's better or worse

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » August 11th, 2020, 11:50 am

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 11th, 2020, 11:55 am

MG Man wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

Lol!!

tbqh I haven't worn the uniform since I put on a few pounds, so you can decide if that's better or worse

I well say by now you graduate to command Gold

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » August 11th, 2020, 1:01 pm

nah, I had a little holodeck scandal that hurt my career

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”