TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Advice for cleanup of hoarder's residence.

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

SPK1983
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SPK1983 » July 28th, 2020, 10:35 pm

Does anyone have any familiarity with any agencies here (public/private sector) to deal with cleanup of a hoarder's house? A friend of mine recently had his dad committed to St. Ann's, and the house he occupied is in a pretty bad state due to hoarding.

Any advice as to whom to contact, and the cost of a cleanup job like this, would be greatly appreciated.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Advice for cleanup of hoarder's residence.

Postby De Dragon » July 29th, 2020, 12:34 am

SPK1983 wrote:Does anyone have any familiarity with any agencies here (public/private sector) to deal with cleanup of a hoarder's house? A friend of mine recently had his dad committed to St. Ann's, and the house he occupied is in a pretty bad state due to hoarding.

Any advice as to whom to contact, and the cost of a cleanup job like this, would be greatly appreciated.

That will be a challenge in these times. Maybe start with janitorial service companies?

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » July 29th, 2020, 8:20 am

Call your neighborhood Piper Association.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 29th, 2020, 8:22 am

you will have to tackle it as a two step process

firstly from a hygiene/dust cleanup process first and organize the junk
and then go thru the junk and decide what to do

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 29th, 2020, 9:17 am

SPK1983 wrote:Does anyone have any familiarity with any agencies here (public/private sector) to deal with cleanup of a hoarder's house? A friend of mine recently had his dad committed to St. Ann's, and the house he occupied is in a pretty bad state due to hoarding.

call 800 junk they coming & clear that out quick, but it may not be cheap eh. cater for a 3K maximum including labor & transport.
they will remove all the contents you want gone, but know that they will not clean the place from dust & cobwebs. you have to make other arrangements for that.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 29th, 2020, 10:40 am

suppose d old man had $$$ hiding among d stuff like how alot of ole ppl does do , then is a free bonus for d already paid clean up crew

family members shud go thru d man stuff then pile what they dont want outside in d yard & simply hire 1 of dem transport for hire vans to carry it by d dump ...

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » July 29th, 2020, 11:21 am

Agreed @rovin.

Cooper
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby Cooper » July 29th, 2020, 12:02 pm

Best option is for family to go through the stuff to make sure there are no valuables hidden in the junk.
Then call the borough corporation and request a "bulk garbage pickup". The service is free. You just have to make sure that the pile is close to where the truck can load the stuff. Preferably at the side of the road or in the driveway of the home.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 29th, 2020, 12:15 pm

Hello SPK1983,

Venes handling that scene brisk brisk...

Including the dust and cobweb etc...

Trini day wuk is what? 400-500?

Ok so $600 per Vene and yuh good to go.

You will not regret it OP, these people are willing to work.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 29th, 2020, 12:18 pm

Rovin wrote:suppose d old man had $$$ hiding among d stuff like how alot of ole ppl does do , then is a free bonus for d already paid clean up crew

family members shud go thru d man stuff then pile what they dont want outside in d yard & simply hire 1 of dem transport for hire vans to carry it by d dump ...

true old ppl does hide money in all kinda thing, gets worse when they become hoarders. some of them does be building some real bio-hazard zones in house.

but...

you hadda ask yuhself, you willing to go thru all those things (some of which might be truly disgusting, ting to make maggot vomit I mean, seen an episode of hoarders where is human feces & urine, rotten food, dog, cat & rodent urine & droppings, all over the place ) for the low probability chance that it MIGHT have something there of value? & how much $$ yuh go hadda find to make it worth your personal effort and risk? If yuh find a $5K & a ounce or two of gold it might be worth it, but what if yuh only find $6.00 for all yuh efforts?

my humble perspective, if it had money there & I hadda go thru any kinda bio-hazard scene, it eh mine & so I eh want it. whoever finds it deserves it. my health & peace of mind worth more to me than any small change I might find amidst the garbage.

nismotrinidappa
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby nismotrinidappa » July 29th, 2020, 12:20 pm

Dude its work but do it yourself. We found money and money and jewellery and travelers cheques fall down behind wardrobe etc. Open every envelope check everything. Took about a year

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 29th, 2020, 12:40 pm

nismotrinidappa wrote:Dude its work but do it yourself. We found money and money and jewellery and travelers cheques fall down behind wardrobe etc. Open every envelope check everything. Took about a year

i curious, ppl banks still honor/use those these days?

SPK1983
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SPK1983 » July 29th, 2020, 2:38 pm

88sins wrote:
Rovin wrote:suppose d old man had $$$ hiding among d stuff like how alot of ole ppl does do , then is a free bonus for d already paid clean up crew

true old ppl does hide money in all kinda thing, gets worse when they become hoarders. some of them does be building some real bio-hazard zones in house.

but...

you hadda ask yuhself, you willing to go thru all those things (some of which might be truly disgusting, ting to make maggot vomit I mean, seen an episode of hoarders where is human feces & urine, rotten food, dog, cat & rodent urine & droppings, all over the place ) for the low probability chance that it MIGHT have something there of value? & how much $$ yuh go hadda find to make it worth your personal effort and risk? If yuh find a $5K & a ounce or two of gold it might be worth it, but what if yuh only find $6.00 for all yuh efforts?

my humble perspective, if it had money there & I hadda go thru any kinda bio-hazard scene, it eh mine & so I eh want it. whoever finds it deserves it. my health & peace of mind worth more to me than any small change I might find amidst the garbage.

That concern re bio-hazard waste is true in this case. For a while it appears that his plumbing had not been working, so the guy had been keeping human waste in buckets and bags in various locations.

From what I've been told, it's very much similar to an episode of Hoarders - some rooms are packed full of stuff, there are pathways where you can walk within some rooms, and not much else.

From what I've found out since, they are getting access to a swmcol bin to load up, but the human waste disposal, I'm not as sure about.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 29th, 2020, 2:46 pm

xtech wrote:Call your neighborhood Piper Association.

$60 and they will more or less do anything, including cleaning up an entire nest of fire ants barehanded. $100 and their eyes glittering for all the crack that will buy and how long they could spend being high.

Only thing is that you have to personally supervise them at every moment.

nismotrinidappa
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby nismotrinidappa » July 29th, 2020, 4:49 pm

88sins wrote:
nismotrinidappa wrote:Dude its work but do it yourself. We found money and money and jewellery and travelers cheques fall down behind wardrobe etc. Open every envelope check everything. Took about a year

i curious, ppl banks still honor/use those these days?

Boi I can't remember what we did. Probably deposited them

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 29th, 2020, 6:58 pm

SPK1983 wrote:
That concern re bio-hazard waste is true in this case. For a while it appears that his plumbing had not been working, so the guy had been keeping human waste in buckets and bags in various locations.

From what I've been told, it's very much similar to an episode of Hoarders - some rooms are packed full of stuff, there are pathways where you can walk within some rooms, and not much else.

From what I've found out since, they are getting access to a swmcol bin to load up, but the human waste disposal, I'm not as sure about.

swmcol has units for human waste disposal, letthem know & they would advise you accordingly.

If not an option, you could get some painters suits, respirator masks, thick long vinyl/latex gloves & goggles for whoever going to clean it out, have them pick up all waste carefully & if possible dump contents of containers & bags directly into the sewer on the property.
This of course means you'd have to open the septic tank & see what going on in there, & if it already full of solids you'll need a truck to come empty it one time

I sorrry for whoever hadda do da wuk.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 29th, 2020, 7:12 pm

Hire about 4 spanish....200-300 per day.

Get proper gears for everyone including yourself and 2 family members to oversee.

Long gloves, boots, proper overalls or coveralls whatever you call it. Respirators

Open the doors and windows and run two or three fans and let plenty fresh air run through the place before you start.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » July 29th, 2020, 7:20 pm

This isnt the average hoarder situation. Hope everything works out. Especially for your friend's father.

SPK1983
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SPK1983 » July 30th, 2020, 12:24 pm

racedriverpro wrote:This isnt the average hoarder situation. Hope everything works out. Especially for your friend's father.

Well he passed away this morning, so I guess it worked out in the sense that he no longer has to suffer.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » July 30th, 2020, 12:50 pm

Damn

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 30th, 2020, 1:57 pm

them take the man out of his comfort zone....his house

and he die soon after......

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 30th, 2020, 2:01 pm

SPK1983 wrote:
racedriverpro wrote:This isnt the average hoarder situation. Hope everything works out. Especially for your friend's father.

Well he passed away this morning, so I guess it worked out in the sense that he no longer has to suffer.

Phone Surgeon wrote:them take the man out of his comfort zone....his house

and he die soon after......

I am sure it was not an easy decision to make. He was living in a very unhealthy environment.

Would you have left your own father there?

SPK1983
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SPK1983 » July 30th, 2020, 2:17 pm

The man was wandering the street, that's why they picked him up.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 30th, 2020, 3:17 pm

rough situation
i know ppl with alcoholic uncle in similar state

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 30th, 2020, 4:11 pm

sorry for your friends loss boi.
but at least he could take some small solace in knowing that he tried to help his old man live out the rest of his days in dignity, even tho he was a bit late. That's a lot more than some ungrateful children ever do for their parents.

when the mind starts to fail and mental disorders develop in old age it doh be easy nuh

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”