TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Got into a small accident. Person and police so far are saying it's my fault but I think otherwise.

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Penguin
3NE 2NR for life

Got into a small accident. Person and police so far are saying it's my fault but I think otherwise.

Postby Penguin » July 25th, 2020, 2:07 pm

This is what happened as shown in the pic above. Happened about 3 hours ago.

This is on a side street near me. I'm parked in front a minimart about to leave. A panel van making deliveries to the same minimart pulls up right behind me indicates that he's moving into my spot and signals me (flicking his lights) to come out.

Meanwhile Mr. speedy B13 is flying down behind the panel van and assumes he can overtake. A fair enough assumption.

I am pulling out moving onto the left lane when I see him overtaking and pull quickly to my right but it's too late and he slams into the left side of my car.

Now I'm willing to take the blame here, but in my defense I cannot see due to the panel van behind me, hence why I'm pulling out slowly.

The road is narrow and I don't expect someone to overtake the van as well.

Police and the B13 driver are saying I broke his lane hence it is my fault. The guy was speeding but there is no proof of that.

Insurance will decide, and I admit I should have been more careful, but it's nothing you expect, out of your field of vision.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Re: Got into a small accident. Person and police so far are saying it's my fault but I think otherwise.

Postby goalpost » July 25th, 2020, 2:24 pm

Nah OP, it's your fault

Insurance will confirm.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Got into a small accident. Person and police so far are saying it's my fault but I think otherwise.

Postby adnj » July 25th, 2020, 2:39 pm

Last edited by adnj on July 25th, 2020, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 25th, 2020, 2:45 pm

hard luck there bredz. u didnt ensure the the road way was clear to proceed. the other car didnt signal its safe for u to proceed, he tell u to come out cause he want that space to park.
we understand the limitations of that situation, but our laws aren't set up to accommodate all those circumstances.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » July 25th, 2020, 3:08 pm

Looks like your fault, he probably can't see your car and has right of way. You're parked illegally coming back onto the road, you have to be 1000% sure it's safe.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 25th, 2020, 3:34 pm

You could have drive up a bit and then merge when the truck finish park behind you and the lane is clear.

Hard luck.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » July 25th, 2020, 3:40 pm

you was on d rong side ah d road so u rong. fix d man car. even if you were still parked on the rong side of the road an someone hit you u wuda still be rong as you on the rong side of the road. yuh does see this everyday and d driver have a bonks meh attitude. u expect to do sheit on the road and still feel yuh right, it shuda be a 1% car yuh hit. same as reversing onto a major road, every effin day yuh see men reversing from a car park onto a major road jus cause men cyah reverse park.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 25th, 2020, 3:51 pm

OP let insurance decide, never admit it's your fault. Keep your mouth shut .

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » July 25th, 2020, 4:02 pm

OP this is one of them situations that is hard to assign fault, but legally you on his lane so hard luck. Next time pull faster so that you get hit from behind. Then it'll be his fault. Again stupid, but these are the rules.

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » July 25th, 2020, 4:54 pm

1)
The man who bounced you didn’t overtake anything. He proceeded in his correct Lane without departing it, how did he overtake?

2)
You stopped on the wrong side of the road. Your accident is a perfect example as to why it’s illegal to park facing incoming traffic. The fool who was in the middle of the road waiting to do the same thing you did shares the same mentality as you, no wonder you took his cue to go “all safe”

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 25th, 2020, 5:27 pm

screwbash wrote:you was on d rong side ah d road so u rong. fix d man car. even if you were still parked on the rong side of the road an someone hit you u wuda still be rong as you on the rong side of the road. yuh does see this everyday and d driver have a bonks meh attitude. u expect to do sheit on the road and still feel yuh right, it shuda be a 1% car yuh hit. same as reversing onto a major road, every effin day yuh see men reversing from a car park onto a major road jus cause men cyah reverse park.
This. If you have to pull over, legally you supposed to do so on the left.
Check the MVRTA, this falls under driving on the wrong side of the road

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 25th, 2020, 6:20 pm

even if everything might be in innocence dise ah case of bad\hard luck dey bai OP

if u hadda fix d man car u lucky it kinda cheap compared to say a toyota whose parts pricey to replace ....

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 25th, 2020, 7:48 pm

Well since we on reports, bandwidth expensive so no need to start a new thread.

In this instance, there is a white Nissan Tiida parked on the road along the pathway of the B13.

Statements taken, video evidence provided, eyewitnesses not called upon to give statements, B13 man insists the pickup truck swerved unto his path forcing him to swing to the left.

The police came and measured not where the accident took place but where the pained marker is in the pic provided, well a lil further up the road to be exact. They were informed they measuring the wrong place.

Insurance says they dont need to investigate, case is clear cut. They going with what the police statement says.

Police said they never say anyone right or wrong.

Police also said no written and signed statements were taken.

Police were again informed that the wrong spot was measured. WPC said she not pleased with the tone used and being accused of taking a false statement, she tends to take up this matter in court.

Tuner CSI, tell me what yew guys think?
Attachments
pr.jpg
115977103_10158152641775225_216679354490651910_o.jpg
109545575_10158152710585225_2696330792901069449_o.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

Penguin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Penguin » July 25th, 2020, 7:55 pm

Alright, I'll take blame for this however, B13 man was speeding and driving dangerously but I did cross his lane so yes my fault. Next time I not listening to anybody trying to steal my spot.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 25th, 2020, 8:00 pm

Yup, don’t bank on anybody else, always look carefully and be sure even if their indicators on because many have indicators on by mistake and don’t turn or stop.

I once was coming out a minor road to turn right on major,
Car to my right slowed to stop and then car on left also slowed and flashed lights to give go ahead
I inched forward only to realize the car on right decided to drive forward and hit me and of course put me in wrong.

Penguin wrote:Alright, I'll take blame for this however, B13 man was speeding and driving dangerously but I did cross his lane so yes my fault. Next time I not listening to anybody trying to steal my spot.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » July 25th, 2020, 9:03 pm

Long time most South people used to drive with courtesy, but nowadays is a different breed of drivers. Almost nobody does use indicator at St Madeline intersection. At St Clements/Daisy Road junction one in 5 cars will indicate if turning. A morning I was at Brickfield T junction waiting to turn for Rio side, wagon coming opposing lane with indicator to turn but uncle cyatlal rolling thru straight heading Tabaquite.

No Country For Slow Reflex Drivers

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 25th, 2020, 9:05 pm

viedcht wrote:Long time most South people used to drive with courtesy, but nowadays is a different breed of drivers. Almost nobody does use indicator at St Madeline intersection. At St Clements/Daisy Road junction one in 5 cars will indicate if turning. A morning I was at Brickfield T junction waiting to turn for Rio side, wagon coming opposing lane with indicator to turn but uncle cyatlal rolling thru straight heading Tabaquite.

Hoss dem areas you calling, town ppl don't know what you speaking of.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 25th, 2020, 10:11 pm

op, so, yuh feel the other driver & the police is he padna an dey gyanin up on yuh owa? yuh cyah afford yuh excess owa?

short answer, yuh wrong.
all yuh had to do, was wait till it was safe to pull into the lane heading in the direction you going. yes, a man stop foir you & signal for you to go ahead, but it is still your responsibility to make sure that it its actually safe for you to do so. This includes looking out for other oncoming traffic from both directions. this you failed to do.

pay yuh excess, make this a learning experience, & move on with yuh life.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 25th, 2020, 10:36 pm

zoom rader wrote:
viedcht wrote:Long time most South people used to drive with courtesy, but nowadays is a different breed of drivers. Almost nobody does use indicator at St Madeline intersection. At St Clements/Daisy Road junction one in 5 cars will indicate if turning. A morning I was at Brickfield T junction waiting to turn for Rio side, wagon coming opposing lane with indicator to turn but uncle cyatlal rolling thru straight heading Tabaquite.

Nah . Town people does come by the red band Maxi load to Harry's so dey know Brickfield junction . The new gig now is Five Island Amusement Park though .

ScHoolboySoloQ
Trinituner Peong

Postby ScHoolboySoloQ » July 26th, 2020, 2:21 am

I do not go South often but every time I go I my blood pressure does rise. Last weekend I went Debe for a birthday party and I was coming out of South Haven plaza onto SS Erin road I see the person had the indicator to turn into South Haven coming on the northbound lane and the southbound lane was clear so I proceeded then suddenly the man just change his mind while I was coming out and mash gas :| good thing I have good reflexes and mash too he would've hit the side of the tray sigh

OP you supposed to check before you go regardless if a man give you signal so go fix the man car. He see the guy turning he did not see you coming out.

Bad Dog
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Bad Dog » July 26th, 2020, 9:51 am

Straight is Right. Although the panel van driver stopped and signalled for you to pull out that does not give you the right to drive into traffic. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are moving safely to merge.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » July 26th, 2020, 10:08 am

Town/central/east-west drivers have dey share ah madness as well... Is like nobody care to drive responsibly or courteous anymore
zoom rader wrote:

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » July 28th, 2020, 2:40 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Well since we on reports, bandwidth expensive so no need to start a new thread.

In this instance, there is a white Nissan Tiida parked on the road along the pathway of the B13.

Statements taken, video evidence provided, eyewitnesses not called upon to give statements, B13 man insists the pickup truck swerved unto his path forcing him to swing to the left.

The police came and measured not where the accident took place but where the pained marker is in the pic provided, well a lil further up the road to be exact. They were informed they measuring the wrong place.

Insurance says they dont need to investigate, case is clear cut. They going with what the police statement says.

Police said they never say anyone right or wrong.

Police also said no written and signed statements were taken.

Police were again informed that the wrong spot was measured. WPC said she not pleased with the tone used and being accused of taking a false statement, she tends to take up this matter in court.

Tuner CSI, tell me what yew guys think?

Nerve . you look like you on your side . thats sheit . ent the man crash into your doors?
if the man swerve to avoid you then your front will crash indo his side or back
he crashed into your broadside with his front ?

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » July 28th, 2020, 2:44 pm

do you have the whole video showing other cars and where they pass on the road ?
this will give an idea of where the middle is and who was where

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 28th, 2020, 9:53 pm

hong kong phooey wrote:do you have the whole video showing other cars and where they pass on the road ?

It was shown to the police, police says I my vehicle caused damage to the rear of the b13 so, therefore, I hit from behind and I wrong.

It was also pointed out to the police that they measured the wrong spot at the date of the accident. It was again pointed out last week, almost two months later. No attempt to rectify that. Instead WPC start to get hostile saying "you accusing me of making a false report, you saying I lying oh wah? I making note of this in the station diary and I will purse this matter. I eh like yuh tone yunno!". :drinking:

I will upload the vid in a few.

Wanted to know if I can legally post everything. Any lawyers in here?

Video, statement, police report and insurance conclusion with lack of investigation even with contradiction reports. Insurance saying they just going with the police report.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » July 29th, 2020, 6:37 am

^ i wouldnt... dont give ttps a reason to charge u... we all know they sensitive as 4k and willing to push charges on u just to put u through headache... in the long run u may win... but over that time your reputation will be marred... that is... for example how would employers look at you if when they do their background check they see u have a matter before the courts for reckless driving, misconduct and slander/libel... it hard eh but imo just leave the matter alone

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » July 29th, 2020, 9:52 am

nervewrecker wrote:
hong kong phooey wrote:do you have the whole video showing other cars and where they pass on the road ?

It was shown to the police, police says I my vehicle caused damage to the rear of the b13 so, therefore, I hit from behind and I wrong.

It was also pointed out to the police that they measured the wrong spot at the date of the accident. It was again pointed out last week, almost two months later. No attempt to rectify that. Instead WPC start to get hostile saying "you accusing me of making a false report, you saying I lying oh wah? I making note of this in the station diary and I will purse this matter. I eh like yuh tone yunno!". :drinking:

I will upload the vid in a few.

Wanted to know if I can legally post everything. Any lawyers in here?

Video, statement, police report and insurance conclusion with lack of investigation even with contradiction reports. Insurance saying they just going with the police report.

No, dont settle for sheit
take your case to the PCA if you think you right.
But ent the two of you was going in opposite direction ?
go back to the station and ask to speak to a senior officer

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » July 29th, 2020, 1:56 pm

brother man you sure you want to deal with headache from TTPS given the current time period? u want to pay lawyer fees... deal with constant case push back issues... bullying from TTPS, etc... just because you shouldn't settle for sheit... i know that this is exactly why tnt is in this predicament where police can freely infringe on our rights... but imo you have to know how to choose your battles... this case in particular if you win wouldn't net you any big money... as you have to prove damages caused by this incident... which in your case would be the insurance excess i guess... if you lose your work or potential business revenues due to TTPS slandering you that is another thing... you could earn hundreds of thousands their depending on what the take home from those income streams are... but again... chose your battles... look how long it take for the UWI students to be cleared... and even if they sue the state for the damage the case caused to their reputation (while they will win some good money) that will take time... imo i would leave everything alone

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 29th, 2020, 8:48 pm

elec2020 wrote:brother man you sure you want to deal with headache from TTPS given the current time period? u want to pay lawyer fees... deal with constant case push back issues... bullying from TTPS, etc... just because you shouldn't settle for sheit... i know that this is exactly why tnt is in this predicament where police can freely infringe on our rights... but imo you have to know how to choose your battles... this case in particular if you win wouldn't net you any big money... as you have to prove damages caused by this incident... which in your case would be the insurance excess i guess... if you lose your work or potential business revenues due to TTPS slandering you that is another thing... you could earn hundreds of thousands their depending on what the take home from those income streams are... but again... chose your battles... look how long it take for the UWI students to be cleared... and even if they sue the state for the damage the case caused to their reputation (while they will win some good money) that will take time... imo i would leave everything alone
I am my own boss.
No police coming to take bread out my mouth.
I am very much in support of ttps and the work they do.
The few police I have asked an opinion on this matter have frowned upon the behavior of their colleague.
Spoke to personnel in central bank today and they asking wtf is this? Is this a police report? What wrong with these people.
Bear in mind, the police did their job and recorded the info that was presented to them.
It's up to the insurance to investigate. As they rightfully said - unless someone get damage or die, the police job is just to take down the info given to them.
I called bankers Insurance today and asked if two vehicles travelling in opposite directions and one swing into the path of the other (which is what the police statement has) how would the damages be? They said head on. So I asked why I have a letter from you all saying one caused damages to the rear of the next vehicle? How that happened? They said they will get back to me.
Let's heat what they have to say

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » July 29th, 2020, 9:48 pm

^ as u said u a big man... and u have all right to do what u believe is fair for your justice... i never said u were in the wrong as i wasnt their and i dont know all the facts of what happened... i do know however that some men does drive like conts and when u hit them... somehow u in the wrong... because they known in the community or some other irrelevant shet... it tough... and it not fair... if u want to battle for what is right... u do u... i personally try to keep my interaction with ttps limited as i dont trust those guys at all... but i know that still shouldnt be the reason why u should just take injustices... i hope u able to rectify the situation... and find some peace out of this injustice... the system is broken... and its us law abiding citizens that suffer as a result

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”