Study spaces

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Victory_Specification
Chronic TriniTuner

Study spaces

Postby Victory_Specification » July 4th, 2020, 5:20 pm

Hi Tuners

Have a big exam coming up. Usually a library person, but due to covid, NALIS study spaces are closed until further notice.

Thought about day passes for hotel rooms but this might be a little pricey on aggregate but would still consider it as a last resort.

Not an option to attempt to study at home.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Study spaces

Postby maj. tom » July 4th, 2020, 5:27 pm

:lol: :lol:

Which hotel yuh going to study in bai? :lol:

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » July 4th, 2020, 7:33 pm

Victory_Specification wrote:Hi Tuners

Have a big exam coming up. Usually a library person, but due to covid, NALIS study spaces are closed until further notice.

Thought about day passes for hotel rooms but this might be a little pricey on aggregate but would still consider it as a last resort.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Very good point . People actually don’t appreciate for some of us how important a library is when you are doing actually real studies. Most homes don’t have that quiet space. Uwi is salt still because they housing the quarantined students there . Stupid relatives at home will not understand the need for quiet and want to watch tv loud and Radio

Lou Screuz
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Lou Screuz » July 4th, 2020, 7:50 pm

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

a man name philliprock

on another thread

might be looking for an apartment soon

you could ask him

if he want a housemate to share rent

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 4th, 2020, 10:31 pm

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Some public spaces does be kinda quiet.

Palmiste Park, cool areas, can be kinda quiet. Stick to open area

San Fernando Hill, can be breezy and have tables etc. walk with paper weights for loose papers. Stick to open areas. Down the hill by the guard booth in the open space is a nice area and the little basketball court or whatever that is in the back.

That stadium there before Gasparillo, is Brian Lara? Carpark is wide open and some places have some decent breeze. Again, walk with paper weights.

South Park, The tables outside Linda's. Breezy, cool, quiet early in the day and before most places open up for business. Buy something to drink in the bakery and occupy a spot. Used to sit and read there to kill time before the ex gf got off work to hit the movies.

Barakah Grounds, safe, secure, you can have some foodstuff to eat depending on time of day, washroom facilities available (leave it as you meet it), walk with paperweights.

Found myself killing some time outside the exit by heartland plaza today. Have some trees offering some shade. Had lunch there

Have a spot at the end of the road in grant trace that runs alongside the NGC line. Plenty people come to walk on evenings so it gets busy then.

Have a friend with a vacant apartment in south. But we have to do a lil work inside it.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » July 4th, 2020, 11:06 pm

in my days, people used to go rituals and buy expensive drinks, camp out and study. That was more than a decade ago, so I really doh know if they allow that now. Large mall food courts would work, albeit with some noise to contend with. Bars in the daytime could work too, though it depends on the bar

now, this is an unpopular option, but in times past people went to church, temple, etc - and that provided a support network. Once people in the church know you and the pastor or pundit know you and so on - you could find a place on faith and goodwill with the congregation.
Last edited by paid_influencer on July 4th, 2020, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 4th, 2020, 11:12 pm

By the abandoned sugar thingy in couva when you swing in from the main road heading towards UTT. Has a nice space to sit and relax as well.

Kinda sketchy area is opposite the bus terminus in san Fernando. has some tables and chairs there. A lot of pple come and park up under the trees to chillax a bit. But i'd watch my back.

St Madeline, by the old sugar factory and by the water mass that was used for cooling. Police station in close proximity but I have head of pple getting robbed by the lake. Breezy, so walk with ye paperweights.

Under the flyover along the mon desir highway is a cool space to breeze as well. But the useless TTPS does be under there with speed gun sometimes. Have a road that runs parallel to the westbound lane with a small muddy spot linking it to the highway right before the flyover. Nice open spot at the end but humans mess it up with rubbish.

The decommissioned bridge at the mosquito creek looks like a nice spot as well.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 4th, 2020, 11:17 pm

paid_influencer wrote:in my days, people used to go rituals and buy expensive drinks, camp out and study. That was more than a decade ago, so I really doh know if they allow that now. Large mall food courts would work, albeit with some noise to contend with. Bars in the daytime could work too, though it depends on the bar

now, this is an unpopular option, but in times past people went to church, temple, etc - and that provided a support network. Once people in the church know you and the pastor or pundit know you and so on - you could find a place on faith and goodwill with the congregation.

Plenty times these study groups does end up in fight and argument. Now, these sheltered kids have study groups at each other houses under mommy and daddy supervision.

This generation dont work, we used to have study evenings at each other work place if they allowed it. I used to use the library at school when work shut down for no ac or the underground carpark. Many an evening i'd get the park in front the school and take in an hour or so before class. G5 days, they used the car park next door, sexy chicks used to check their reflection in the car glass and fix their clothes. Good times :drinking:

Victory_Specification
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Victory_Specification » July 5th, 2020, 12:25 am

Thanks for the suggestions! :mrgreen:

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » July 5th, 2020, 12:36 am

OP i advise open but not lonely places as nerve suggested. also consider active noise cancelling headphones....u dont need to play anything, just block out the noise with dead silence.

how many days u need until exam and what hours do u study? my office is usually empty cuz staff are working from home often....PM me if interested. it's a secure / quiet environment within a complex; i dont have a problem if u studying as i encourage that type of behaviour.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 7th, 2020, 1:18 pm

Food courts in the mall? Just have headphones with anc.

Rituals/starbucks, just make sure to buy coffee every couple hours which also double as study fuel. Be nice and ask the manager if you gonna spend more than 2 hours.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » July 7th, 2020, 2:22 pm

study when everybody is asleep- if an option..

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 9th, 2020, 9:57 am

16 cycles wrote:study when everybody is asleep- if an option..

easiest fix in d world, it's what most ppl do
op, unless you living in or next to a source of never ending noise, dedicate your study hours to when everyone in the house gone to sleep
If that's not an option, ask the other ppl in the house to keep the noise down for a few hrs a day while you in your room beating books. I sure they go help you out.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”