Gladiator
punchin NOS

Re: Man buys Licensing Office a typewriter to get taxi badge

Postby Gladiator » July 3rd, 2020, 7:06 am

How shameless....

Free Money for "Creatives" because ah COVID
Free Money for Churches because ah COVID
Free Money for Tobago Hotels because ah COVID

and dey cyar buy a frikin typewriter.... then again yuh cyar buy votes with a typewriter!!!

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 3rd, 2020, 7:29 am

"The man who donated the typewriter also did not want to be named. He said he did not want to be victimised along with the licensing officers. He told Newsday that he was informed that it usually takes three weeks to get a new typewriter, and the issue was not the first time, according to the licensing official and he was not the first donor. He added that he wanted to leave well enough alone."

umm... what?
So he bribed the License Office, the State entity (not just a License Officer). Does not want to be victimized.

And the licensing officers who accepted the bribe don't want to be victimized? What, these people are unsung heroes or something? Despite noting that this wasn't the first time they accepted bribes? Calling them "donors." Legally putting these reckless jackasses on our roads to drive taxi.

Of course there is no proof, no evidence, no witnesses. Investigation closed, the end.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 3rd, 2020, 7:32 am

by next week that typewriter "break down"

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » July 3rd, 2020, 8:19 am

once again i ask- why in the hell is our licensing office NOT computerized more??? Imagine depending on a Typewriter in 2020..backwards a55 country...............
Stop all the damn corruption and laziness and computerize.
We should be able to do most transactions ONLINE and just have to go to the office physically for a physical verification at which point they just print and stamp the online applications and youre done.
That place is a nightmare and an experience in hell.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 3rd, 2020, 8:27 am

We should also be receiving the License in the mail, like most other countries. Instead of sitting and waiting 2 hours for your picture to be taken.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » July 3rd, 2020, 8:49 am

was hoping that covid lockdown would have forced them to finally bring more online... maybe we need a second lockdown for these corrupt lazy fkurs to learn.............

antlind
Riding on 17's

Postby antlind » July 3rd, 2020, 8:55 am

I shared this story with my kids and their first question was ‘What is a typewriter?’
That the License Office is still so backward and inefficient is the real shame.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » July 3rd, 2020, 9:29 am

Ben_spanna wrote:once again i ask- why in the hell is our licensing office NOT computerized more??? Imagine depending on a Typewriter in 2020..backwards a55 country...............
We should be able to do most transactions ONLINE and just have to go to the office physically for a physical verification at which point they just print and stamp the online applications and youre done.

We get sick leave certs from SWRHA that have been photocopied since 1990s - .

They legit-but thats what the Public Service provides as their original documentation.

These things can end up in court etc and the doc is a half arsed doc off center,out or alignment and hardly legible with the doctors handwriting

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » July 3rd, 2020, 9:34 am

Some years ago a friend went NIB office everyday for a week straight for a read out to be told there was no paper. He brought his own but they didn't take it. Guess they would have had to do actual work then lol. So is not licencing office alone

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » July 3rd, 2020, 10:20 am

Redman wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:once again i ask- why in the hell is our licensing office NOT computerized more??? Imagine depending on a Typewriter in 2020..backwards a55 country...............

They legit-but thats what the Public Service provides as their original documentation.

These things can end up in court etc and the doc is a half arsed doc off center,out or alignment and hardly legible with the doctors handwriting

So what exactly is your point? leave the system as it is for fear of ???
We have to start modernizing it somewhere.. introduce Serious Fines and penalties for anyone caught trying to commit fraud...

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » July 3rd, 2020, 10:23 am

ive been saying this for YEARS, reform the entire Public service , all government workers should have to submit to job appraisals every month, strict time keeping and conduct, all cell phone usage by workers must be forbidden in their respective places of work.
Make them accountable without protection from the stinking union and they merry band of idiot leaders.
Then they will work!

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 3rd, 2020, 10:25 am

alfa wrote:Some years ago a friend went NIB office everyday for a week straight for a read out to be told there was no paper. He brought his own but they didn't take it. Guess they would have had to do actual work then lol. So is not licencing office alone
When I have to deal with these kind of things from goverment clerk workers I ingor them and speak to their supervisors and or make phone calls.

Don't waste you time with front line clerks, just speak to their supervisors. It brings results.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 3rd, 2020, 10:25 am

great is d pee on em & ronanny skinanan who like to boast so much about d progress under his govt & d humongous $$$ "savings" with each project ...

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » July 3rd, 2020, 10:28 am

Ben_spanna wrote:
Redman wrote:

So what exactly is your point? leave the system as it is for fear of ???
We have to start modernizing it somewhere.. introduce Serious Fines and penalties for anyone caught trying to commit fraud...

Well I thought I was continuing your point-implicitly agreeing with what you said, but based on your response...I not sure.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 3rd, 2020, 11:04 am

The PNM to blame or the management in licensing office the people required to oversee and ensure these things are working?

How Rowley would know if the typewriter working or not? look where he is, they employed people to see about this these people are being paid a salary. Who pocketing the money that was responsible for buying another typewriter as a backup? why isn't the manager fired?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 3rd, 2020, 11:11 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:The PNM to blame or the management in licensing office the people required to oversee and ensure these things are working?

How Rowley would know if the typewriter working or not? look where he is, they employed people to see about this these people are being paid a salary. Who pocketing the money that was responsible for buying another typewriter as a backup? why isn't the manager fired?
This is why you direct complains to management and above.

Don't waste your time dealing with front line clerks.

When u deal with clerks it stays with them so upper management kept out of the loop

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 3rd, 2020, 11:47 am

zoom rader wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:The PNM to blame or the management in licensing office the people required to oversee and ensure these things are working?

This is why you direct complains to management and above.

Don't waste your time dealing with front line clerks.

When u deal with clerks it stays with them so upper management kept out of the loop

Yup

knowing Trinidad those clerks would hide every complaint cause the more things break down the less work they have to do and that is how Trinis like things in this place.

I eh go doubt if they mash up that typewriter on purpose not to do work, I remember when I used to travel with PTSC buses one of the bus driver told me how he co worker did reverse a bus into a pole and mash up the back glass on purpose just so he wouldn't have anything to do for the day.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » July 3rd, 2020, 1:47 pm

Had a nice electronic toy typewriter once. Looked like the one in the Newsday story. Put it in the trash when the last remaining typewriter shops in Trinidad couldn't help me source the ribbon/eraser cartridge. That had to be at least 13 years now.

How was licensing maintaining a typewriter all this time?

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » July 3rd, 2020, 3:15 pm

as i have allyuh expertz here.... whats the latest on Permit renewals? hearing one camp saying "appointment but walk with yuh proof of appointment if yuh get stop"

and another cyamp saying "go to the office..yuh go get through..."

which is it?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 3rd, 2020, 3:31 pm

hahahahaha, renewal i had an appt this week. My name wasn't on the list. I had to show the woman my printed email confirmation. She say my name not on the list. First wdmc of the day.

I waited 3 hours before i could leave with my renewed license. People just walking in and they taking them and putting them in front we who had appointments. I sit down in that room for 2 hours. A woman stand up and start to cuss dem and asking what it have appointments for, and she still had to wait a whole hour again. Oh and doh forget lunch time they clock out till 1pm. Big sign printed on the desk saying 12 to 1 is lunch time.

Meh eh have nothing else to say because everything has already been said about this shithole system that we living in. Yuh done know the scene.

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » July 3rd, 2020, 3:46 pm

maj. tom wrote:hahahahaha, renewal i had an appt this week. My name wasn't on the list. I had to show the woman my printed email confirmation. She say my name not on the list. First wdmc of the day.

I waited 3 hours before i could leave with my renewed license. People just walking in and they taking them and putting them in front we who had appointments. I sit down in that room for 2 hours. A woman stand up and start to cuss dem and asking what it have appointments for, and she still had to wait a whole hour again. Oh and doh forget lunch time they clock out till 1pm. Big sign printed on the desk saying 12 to 1 is lunch time.

Meh eh have nothing else to say because everything has already been said about this shithole system that we living in. Yuh done know the scene.

Noted..walk with yuh healthy snacks and a fully charged phone with access to yuh Sharepoint and emails then...

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 3rd, 2020, 10:12 pm

Bobol is easier to facilitate when everything is manually done.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 4th, 2020, 7:18 am

^^

Fire ALL Trini workers in the L Office .

Hire Chinese workers for NEW technology .

Hire Vene workers to man the L office stations .

Within 3 days notice the happiness ..

Repeat with PSA ..

coltspeed
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby coltspeed » July 4th, 2020, 7:55 am

Went to Town & Country office Tunapuna just after Quartn lift to submit application via dropbox,
* they said they would email the receipt for the application,
* two weeks after nothing -called & they said they have to sanitize the package before processing,
* one week after that the scanner broke down, i told them i am more than willing to donate one to scan up to 11"x17" paper. No response : l
* one week further they said i had to come in to collect the receipt.
* Collected the receipt it was received and processed on 8th june, i droped it on the 4th
***WTF going on with them gov services.***

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Man buys Licensing Office a typewriter to get taxi badge

Postby MaxPower » July 4th, 2020, 8:02 am

RedVEVO wrote:^^

Fire ALL Trini workers in the L Office .

Hire Chinese workers for NEW technology .

Hire Vene workers to man the L office stations .

Within 3 days notice the happiness ..

Repeat with PSA ..

Exactly, this is the approach moving forward.

Time to GET RID of Trinis in public/private services.

Hire foreigners.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 4th, 2020, 10:07 am

coltspeed wrote:Went to Town & Country office Tunapuna just after Quartn lift to submit application via dropbox,
* two weeks after nothing -called & they said they have to sanitize the package before processing,
* one week after that the scanner broke down, i told them i am more than willing to donate one to scan up to 11"x17" paper. No response : l
* Collected the receipt it was received and processed on 8th june, i droped it on the 4th
You need to take names of the clerks and supervisors and escalate your problems up the chain.

I have done this before, don't complain to clerks it goes nowhere

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 4th, 2020, 10:22 am

The amount of bribe pass to get Venes driver’s license and registration eh...

A blessing

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 4th, 2020, 10:49 am

MaxPower wrote:The amount of bribe pass to get Venes driver’s license and registration eh...

A blessing
Yup venes are corrupted.

If I know or other trinis know they did this they should never employ these persons.

They are not trustworthy if they went that route

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 5th, 2020, 1:30 am

zoom rader wrote:
coltspeed wrote:Went to Town & Country office Tunapuna just after Quartn lift to submit application via dropbox,
You need to take names of the clerks and supervisors and escalate your problems up the chain.

I have done this before, don't complain to clerks it goes nowhere

You complaining to a Clerk ?

And a smallie clerk ?

Did you test positive for corvid 1919 ?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”