Forums

Servicing Gate Motors

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Servicing Gate Motors

Postby Premchand1976 » June 29th, 2020, 2:09 pm

Looking for persons that services / fixes issues with gate motor , San Juan and environs.

My motor is pulling the gate dead slow and sometimes sticking half way, the remote is clicking but like it's not connecting with the circuit board or the board is not responding

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Servicing Gate Motors

Postby pugboy » June 29th, 2020, 2:37 pm

Check wheel bearings
Jack up gate and spin them

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » June 29th, 2020, 4:41 pm

Thank you. Will try this

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » June 29th, 2020, 5:42 pm

So I powered off the unit for a few hours and just decided to try it back, it's working and rolling a bit faster now but the motor ( housing ) feels hotter than " normal ". Also, the remote seems to be working in reverse order , meaning, the open button is now closing the gate and vice versa.

The wheel bearings seem to be in order

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » June 29th, 2020, 6:55 pm

Check the cap...

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 29th, 2020, 7:06 pm

yes a possibility also

gastly369 wrote:Check the cap...

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » June 29th, 2020, 7:13 pm

pugboy wrote:yes a possibility also

gastly369 wrote:Check the cap...

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » June 30th, 2020, 5:27 am

what brand of motor ? i had one from a company called electromatic gate systems from somewhere in claxton bay area selling a strike 5 motor from profelment italy an it gave plenty problems and their service after installation was non existent, the motor was under a year and after a few calls and no tech ever came i simply gave up and call it loss money and got myself a TAU. i would never recommend anyone do business with that brand or company.

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » June 30th, 2020, 9:58 am

Bought it from pyramid enterprises about 3.5 years ago. No name on it as they put their logo on same .

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » June 30th, 2020, 7:15 pm

Premchand1976 wrote:Looking for persons that services / fixes issues with gate motor , San Juan and environs.

My motor is pulling the gate dead slow and sometimes sticking half way, the remote is clicking but like it's not connecting with the circuit board or the board is not responding

check tuner scoobert doo will send you his #

check pm

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » July 3rd, 2020, 8:25 pm

skylinechild wrote:
Premchand1976 wrote:Looking for persons that services / fixes issues with gate motor , San Juan and environs.

check pm
Thanks for the link bro, called him and sent him pics and videos of the gate opening and closing to highlight problem and he suggested the capacitor to change ....ironically I cleaned the roller wheels and really lubricated the wheels / bearings etc...gate worked really good between yesterday and today ( 1 day after cleaning ) and I changed the capacitor earlier today......working just as it was...before the issue surfaced. Thanks again. I eh have to skyline diecast eh.....lol

On a side note, the person I bought the gate from told me $150 to check problem, $150 to service and $ 300 for the capacitor.....

Capacitor cost me $90 @ Steve's electronics and I replaced it myself.

Safe to say , I'm done dealing with the supplier of my gate motor hence forth.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 3rd, 2020, 8:30 pm

wow man wanna rape u an easy $600 ...

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » July 3rd, 2020, 9:42 pm

Rovin wrote:wow man wanna rape u an easy $600 ...
They eh even offer to buy meh a lil dinner self first

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 3rd, 2020, 9:45 pm

caps do go bad but usually the motor won’t work at all

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby boxy » July 4th, 2020, 6:01 am

I regret ever picking up the phone to call these people since installation last year June I've had complete issues with my motor I've called them 6-7 times as on motor totally locks in place and won't open. they also advertise a German brand and they come with a Chinese self branded one. Already made up my mind to buy the quiko brand and bring it in myself.
Premchand1976 wrote:Bought it from pyramid enterprises about 3.5 years ago. No name on it as they put their logo on same .

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 4th, 2020, 6:46 am

OP has you tried (or contacted) Smart Alarms for an estimate ?

Address: Aranguez, El Socorro Access Road, San Juan
Opens 7:30AM
Phone: (868) 225-7221

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 4th, 2020, 7:07 am

check the price of replacement remotes or if after market clone remotes can be used
some motors like Tau are very expensive $550 and only their remotes can be used.

boxy wrote:I regret ever picking up the phone to call these people since installation last year June I've had complete issues with my motor I've called them 6-7 times as on motor totally locks in place and won't open. they also advertise a German brand and they come with a Chinese self branded one. Already made up my mind to buy the quiko brand and bring it in myself.
Premchand1976 wrote:Bought it from pyramid enterprises about 3.5 years ago. No name on it as they put their logo on same .

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 4th, 2020, 7:12 am

pugboy wrote:check the price of replacement remotes or if after market clone remotes can be used
some motors like Tau are very expensive $550 and only their remotes can be used.

boxy wrote:I regret ever picking up the phone to call these people since installation last year June I've had complete issues with my motor I've called them 6-7 times as on motor totally locks in place and won't open. they also advertise a German brand and they come with a Chinese self branded one. Already made up my mind to buy the quiko brand and bring it in myself.

TAU is one of the best on the market .

Have one now 6 years ..

All these Chinese produce from Wuhan batting zero .

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » July 5th, 2021, 7:57 pm

My gate motor started giving trouble where its not able to open or close the gate.When you press the button,you hearing the motor but you have to physically pull or push the gate for it to begin opening or closing.What could be the problem?

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » July 6th, 2021, 6:22 am

Premchand1976 wrote:
skylinechild wrote:

check pm
Thanks for the link bro, called him and sent him pics and videos of the gate opening and closing to highlight problem and he suggested the capacitor to change ....ironically I cleaned the roller wheels and really lubricated the wheels / bearings etc...gate worked really good between yesterday and today ( 1 day after cleaning ) and I changed the capacitor earlier today......working just as it was...before the issue surfaced. Thanks again. I eh have to skyline diecast eh.....lol

On a side note, the person I bought the gate from told me $150 to check problem, $150 to service and $ 300 for the capacitor.....

what did you use to clean and lubricate the roller wheels?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 6th, 2021, 8:36 am

could be capacitor
the capacitor helps the motor to start moving

supercharged turbo wrote:My gate motor started giving trouble where its not able to open or close the gate.When you press the button,you hearing the motor but you have to physically pull or push the gate for it to begin opening or closing.What could be the problem?

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » July 6th, 2021, 9:07 am

Yep cap bad.. Ah diy fix for under $100
pugboy wrote:could be capacitor
the capacitor helps the motor to start moving

supercharged turbo wrote:My gate motor started giving trouble where its not able to open or close the gate.When you press the button,you hearing the motor but you have to physically pull or push the gate for it to begin opening or closing.What could be the problem?

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » July 6th, 2021, 12:59 pm

Just to confirm,this is the capacitor that would need changing?
20210706_125534.jpeg

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » July 6th, 2021, 2:14 pm

supercharged turbo wrote:Just to confirm,this is the capacitor that would need changing?
20210706_125534.jpeg
Yeah, that happens to our gate around every year or so, sometimes it doesn't open all the way, it stops a few inches before maximum, and then to close it needs a push sometimes, there's how it starts, then it get progressively worse over the next couple months until it's dead.

Now I know to identify it from the first sign, which is actually happening a couple weeks now, so time to change out

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 6th, 2021, 2:41 pm

daring dragoon wrote:
Premchand1976 wrote:
skylinechild wrote:

check pm

I use CRC Power Lube.

what did you use to clean and lubricate the roller wheels?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 6th, 2021, 3:03 pm

they usually last at least a few years, maybe your motor is a bit marginal power for the gate weight.

Kronik wrote:
supercharged turbo wrote:Just to confirm,this is the capacitor that would need changing?20210706_125534.jpeg
Yeah, that happens to our gate around every year or so, sometimes it doesn't open all the way, it stops a few inches before maximum, and then to close it needs a push sometimes, there's how it starts, then it get progressively worse over the next couple months until it's dead.

Now I know to identify it from the first sign, which is actually happening a couple weeks now, so time to change out

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » July 6th, 2021, 3:09 pm

pugboy wrote:they usually last at least a few years, maybe your motor is a bit marginal power for the gate weight.

Kronik wrote:
supercharged turbo wrote:Just to confirm,this is the capacitor that would need changing?20210706_125534.jpeg

The gate is very heavy, built about 25 years ago, takes about 4 men to raise it up from the ground. Plus it does not have rollers for the upper track, we purchase some to do the chageout so it will roll more free. Have some work to do on it, will see if we need to upgrade the motor

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 6th, 2021, 3:34 pm

what size wheels you have?

i change my wheels from 3 inch to 4 inch and put 5/8 steel ontop the angle iron for it to run on when i installed the gate motor

a lot less strain

very heavy gate as well

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » July 6th, 2021, 6:36 pm

This is the first time its happening since we had our motor and our motor does get heavy use everyday.Something hadda be wrong if you changing that yearly
Kronik wrote:
supercharged turbo wrote:Just to confirm,this is the capacitor that would need changing?
20210706_125534.jpeg

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » June 7th, 2022, 2:39 pm

Bumping thread for a recent issue where the gate slides and stops, remote is non responsive for a few seconds ( 15-30 seconds) then it works and the gate continues rolling, then it stops .

The gate length is about 17-19 ft and it stops 3-4 times while opening or closing ? Capacitor again ???

Link me with numbers to service plz

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”