Forums

Learning House Plans

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

JewelF
Ricer

Learning House Plans

Postby JewelF » June 25th, 2020, 8:54 pm

So guys, I can delete this post after if its already been answered. I searched the forum and didn't find anything....

Anyways, I want to get into doing house plans. Is the draughting and construction course at Automation Technology College the correct course ?

Thanks in advance

Nexus
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Learning House Plans

Postby Nexus » June 26th, 2020, 9:51 am

Automation Technology College might be the way to go, but if you just want to get an idea or an introduction you can check out UWI short courses programme (name escapes me at the moment) but the lecturers usually solid and the cost is way less than other programmes.
Or you could download a copy of autocad and revit and watch some youtube vids or even check out a course online from like udemy

Good luck

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » June 26th, 2020, 1:14 pm

Nexus wrote:Automation Technology College might be the way to go, but if you just want to get an idea or an introduction you can check out UWI short courses programme (name escapes me at the moment) but the lecturers usually solid and the cost is way less than other programmes.
Or you could download a copy of autocad and revit and watch some youtube vids or even check out a course online from like udemy

Good luck

Good advice but not practical advice. Trinidad is so unique in its Town and Country process that I would say we have a standard that cant be learnt online or self-taught.

So the way of UWI or ATC might be the way to go, then further see how you can apply latest tech (AutoCAD and Design software applications).

However, I am also interested due to this being a way to make a quick easy buck as most designers charge around $12k for a plan.

JewelF
Ricer

Postby JewelF » June 26th, 2020, 2:33 pm

thelem-again wrote:
Nexus wrote:Automation Technology College might be the way to go, but if you just want to get an idea or an introduction you can check out UWI short courses programme (name escapes me at the moment) but the lecturers usually solid and the cost is way less than other programmes.

Good luck

Good advice but not practical advice. Trinidad is so unique in its Town and Country process that I would say we have a standard that cant be learnt online or self-taught.

So the way of UWI or ATC might be the way to go, then further see how you can apply latest tech (AutoCAD and Design software applications).

However, I am also interested due to this being a way to make a quick easy buck as most designers charge around $12k for a plan.

So the draughting and construction is the correct course? Yes, I think its a quick way to make some extra cash plus I want to build my own home. I'd rather learn it for myself so I can do it for myself.

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » June 29th, 2020, 1:56 pm

JewelF wrote:
thelem-again wrote:

Good luck

So the draughting and construction is the correct course? Yes, I think its a quick way to make some extra cash plus I want to build my own home. I'd rather learn it for myself so I can do it for myself.

Well I am currently building, and i can tell you that the process to go through Regional Corp is tedious as they are picky and know specifically what they are looking for. I used an experienced draughtsman and still had delays. So it all comes down to your own preference based on how much free time you have to go through the process on your own.

But what i did is when my draughtsman did the drawings, I was able to sit with him and do the digital designing and 3D rendering for myself using software.

cadman
Street 2NR

Postby cadman » June 29th, 2020, 3:47 pm

make a quick easy buck

if this is what you after.. hang your hat elsewhere.

there is a big difference between a well learned draftsman and an autocad technician who can trace a plan and use software..
however, check out UWI short courses programmes.
also check out the "how to architect" youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3IeweO0IyW2XUvuj5KYz_A
goodluck with your endeavors.

Source: 30+ drawing+design experience

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » June 30th, 2020, 8:48 am

^user name makes sense...nice work!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”