Forums

Who Agree with Gabriel Faria?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: Who Agree with Gabriel Faria?

Postby zoom rader » June 19th, 2020, 3:30 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Monkey know which tree to climb... Growley knows who and who not to rough up.
WAT?

How dare you call Rowlee a monkey.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 19th, 2020, 4:16 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kamla go send the man to Salybia on a retreat to bring down that blood pressure just now.

Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar has advised Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley to take a “chill pill” and stop bullying citizens.

In a Facebook post yesterday, the former prime minister noted Rowley’s attack on T&T Chamber president Gabriel Faria, saying this was not the first time he has launched scathing attacks.

“PM Rowley’s infamous rage also seems to be in overdrive in the wake of the upcoming elections. Perhaps it’s because he knows that the population is patiently waiting to vote out his corrupt, dictatorial, failed Government.

“In the meantime, however, he would do well to ‘take a chill pill’, as the young people say, and stop bullying, harassing and attacking our citizens at once,” stated Persad-Bissessar.

“Over the past five years, PM Rowley has also reserved the worst of his shameless attacks, bullying, harassment and character assassination for my good self and other UNC members. This after we exposed the blatant corruption and failed policies of his destructive, incompetent regime,” stated Persad-Bissessar.

She recalled she has since sued Rowley for slander and defamation.

Persad-Bissessar stated the Prime Minister’s action is a deliberate election propaganda strategy. “By harassing, demonising and intimidating any citizen who dares to criticise his failed regime, PM Rowley is seeking to silence all dissenting views,” she stated, adding that this can have very devastating consequences for T&T.

“By deliberately attempting to pit citizens against each other, the Rowley regime is creating unnecessary social tensions. Their sustained, unwarranted attacks on the business sector can also seriously damage its integrity and credibility, thus further destabilising our fragile economy,” she stated.

Persad-Bissessar said Rowley must remember he’s an elected public official of a democracy, not a dictatorship.

“All citizens therefore have a constitutional right to question the policies and actions of his Government. After all, as Prime Minister, he’s paid by taxpayers to do the people’s work. He’s therefore duty-bound to account to everyone in a decent, civilised and transparent manner,” she stated.
https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/k ... 232a1.html

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » June 19th, 2020, 4:42 pm

pugboy wrote:The problem is them politicians except the corporates to keep towing the line and being good to govt in exchange for whatever favours whilst the man in the street bawling

The business community bawling right now as much as the poor man so Faria just echoing those sentiments and rowlee gutterness come out

elec2020 wrote:I saw an article in the guardian i think stating that Faria handed in a letter of resignation as well following his apologies... it has not been accepted as yet... but when i read Faria's comments is nothing different to what the man on the street says... politicians are greedy... all they do is tax the hell out of us... and both parties are rubbish... sad to see people clamoring for his resignation based on comments we always say... thats why u gotta be anonymous Mr. Faria when u making comments u know politicians wouldnt like... people solemnly wanna see u rise... but when it comes to seeing your downfall... tickets for that sell out quick quick

True... i also like your point on favors... thats why i feel no guilt/sympathy when businesses bawling now in these times and ranting about governments... they are eqially responsible for the political hydra's that are the PNM and UNC... now when things bad u wanna say something... its a bit too late and too convenient for that... i not hoping for Mr. Faria to lose his position... i dont want that at all... but i will stand behind those from the business community for better governance if they openly admit that they responsible for making the PNM and UNC into these nasty monsters because of their willingness to take hush money or contracts to split up with the boys... till then Faria, Aboud, etc can hush up

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 19th, 2020, 8:36 pm

Kamla / Rowley same difference.

The business owners will always cover their behinds.

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » June 19th, 2020, 11:13 pm

Totally agree with Faria but of course as said before he is also part of the problem.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 19th, 2020, 11:51 pm

bluefete wrote:Kamla / Rowley same difference.

The business owners will always cover their behinds.
Don't get catch with these two tun tuns they playing a game and the dumb arse public lapping it up from the 1% media houses.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 20th, 2020, 1:00 am

zoom rader wrote:
antlind wrote:TT is a banana republic ruled by a wanna be dictator. And the sad thing is the opposition is so woefully inept that we will continue to live in this banana republic and be ruled by this wanna be dictator for another 5 years.
Becareful bro mods in here will say you are a self hater

And a threat to society .. :D

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 23rd, 2020, 4:07 pm

Redman wrote:Maybe.
With DNA like yours floating around.....I will happily keep mine.

I will vote for who makes sense to me.
Maybe is the UNC wasn’t such an abject failure...we all would have a better choice.
Sadly they are unable up to this time to make a credible attempt.

Maybe you should come up for air and advise them how to do that.

I suspect if they turned water into wine, or made manna fall from heaven, it still wouldn't be good enough for your impossible "standards" Funnily enough, you continue to demand nothing from the PNM which you still after all this time, can only muster a tepid half assed "criticism"
Rumshop behaviour and the public dressing down of a public figure by gutter snipe, dragged up JUHN Scarfy surprises me no more than your expected non-reply to it. It is still massively disgusting and disappointing, but I guess "neutrals" like you console yourselves by throwing up your hands up and tell yourselves "dai how he is"

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 23rd, 2020, 4:24 pm

De Dragon wrote:

Maybe is the UNC wasn’t such an abject failure...we all would have a better choice.

I suspect if they turned water into wine, or made manna fall from heaven, it still wouldn't be good enough for your impossible "standards" Funnily enough, you continue to demand nothing from the PNM which you still after all this time, can only muster a tepid half assed "criticism"
Rumshop behaviour and the public dressing down of a public figure by gutter snipe, dragged up JUHN Scarfy surprises me no more than your expected non-reply to it. It is still massively disgusting and disappointing, but I guess "neutrals" like you console yourselves by throwing up your hands up and tell yourselves "dai how he is"
Don't get catch with these two tun tuns they playing a game and the dumb arse public lapping it up from the 1% media houses.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » June 23rd, 2020, 4:41 pm

De Dragon wrote:

So you agree with Faria?

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » June 23rd, 2020, 4:59 pm

Many business individuals would privately have extremely negative views of the Gov't response and attitude to the impact of covid19 and the same must be said about the Tobago business community who have been taking a licking for years pre=covid19.
The undisputable fact is that the Govt hasn't constructed any meaning strategic intervention to facilitate business recovery in our country and for those who view our business community as individuals who dont deserve support at this time, the horror of further business contraction may well hit home within the next 12 months.
The reality may simply be that the Govt are just out of their depth and really aint sure what to do, certainly the MOF cant be expected to deal with our crisis given his demonstrated limitations.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 23rd, 2020, 5:13 pm

lol but they looking to upgrade tobago airport, money dont put aside for that
doh mind hotels falling apart and no tourism marketing or upgrades done in years

toyolink wrote:Many business individuals would privately have extremely negative views of the Gov't response and attitude to the impact of covid19 and the same must be said about the Tobago business community who have been taking a licking for years pre=covid19.
The undisputable fact is that the Govt hasn't constructed any meaning strategic intervention to facilitate business recovery in our country and for those who view our business community as individuals who dont deserve support at this time, the horror of further business contraction may well hit home within the next 12 months.
The reality may simply be that the Govt are just out of their depth and really aint sure what to do, certainly the MOF cant be expected to deal with our crisis given his demonstrated limitations.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 23rd, 2020, 5:23 pm

Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

So you agree with Faria?

Yes, Impsy's creative accounting to claim only 2.7 % decline with 4.5% +ve growth for 2021 is nothing but folly, and fodder for simple minds in an election year. This was the crux of Faria's private thoughts on the matter, but JUHN Scarfy seems intent on not only perpetuating the folly, but stamping out any dissenting voices.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 23rd, 2020, 5:30 pm

aka election mode
aka silly season

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » June 23rd, 2020, 5:46 pm

De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

So you agree with Faria?

Yes, Impsy's creative accounting to claim only 2.7 % decline with 4.5% +ve growth for 2021 is nothing but folly, and fodder for simple minds in an election year. This was the crux of Faria's private thoughts on the matter, but JUHN Scarfy seems intent on not only perpetuating the folly, but stamping out any dissenting voices.

Whoever believe that we will only contract by 2.7 in a year where people losing their jobs left right and center... energy companies shuttering up... oil prices were negative... businesses were closed for essentially 3 months... must be foolish... also don't get me started on that 4.5 per cent growth in 2021... since oil prices decline in 2015 we catching we tail... aint record anywhere close to that level of economic activity... but in 2021 ... when we experiencing a bigger shock... we will come out on top... i swear imbert and them does forget that for a good long time tertiary education was free... the populace way more educated than they was in the 80s when NAR took us for a ride... i hope they lose... but not holding my breath... no viable opposition

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » June 23rd, 2020, 5:50 pm

De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

So you agree with Faria?

Agreed.
As I said no meeting of the minds...no progress just posturing for elections.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 23rd, 2020, 6:25 pm

Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

So you agree with Faria?

Agreed.
As I said no meeting of the minds...no progress just posturing for elections.

Is Faria on the Recovery Team?

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » June 25th, 2020, 9:13 am

In case anyone didn't see Gabriel Faria's original message

Guardian Newspaper wrote:I think you are making assumptions about the responsible and ethical behaviour of politicians. I think that train has left the station. Their (sic) is no interest in being responsible or ethical or treating either the citizens or businesses with respect or fairly. Their (sic) is one interest: win the elections at all costs so the party in power can continue to life (sic) high off the backs of honest tax paying (sic) citizens. I am disgusted with the behaviour/disdain/apathy displaced by both parties.”

Idk why he apologised though. He was obviously expressing his honest view which, for someone in his position, is likely to have good reasons behind it. He should have just plainly laid out the facts that he was basing his opinion on and let Rowley open the discussion about it if he was really serious. The fact that a little tongue lashing could make someone in a position like Faria's retreat with his tail between his legs is very worrying.

elec2020 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

So you agree with Faria?

Whoever believe that we will only contract by 2.7 in a year where people losing their jobs left right and center... energy companies shuttering up... oil prices were negative... businesses were closed for essentially 3 months... must be foolish... also don't get me started on that 4.5 per cent growth in 2021... since oil prices decline in 2015 we catching we tail... aint record anywhere close to that level of economic activity... but in 2021 ... when we experiencing a bigger shock... we will come out on top... i swear imbert and them does forget that for a good long time tertiary education was free... the populace way more educated than they was in the 80s when NAR took us for a ride... i hope they lose... but not holding my breath... no viable opposition
Anybody see this Colm Imbert Mid Year Review? Curious on your guys' opinions.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 6959036608

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » June 25th, 2020, 9:24 am

^ while your points on Faria's drive for change are noteworthy... let's be fair here... if u dare chaenge the hand that feeds u... u out... no ifs, buts and maybe's (case in point a story on the express today notes that the COP suspended a police officer after he made a FB comment expressing his displeasure on how the COP responds to his critics)... so i fully understand why Faria walked back his comments... also with respect to the mid year budget review... i glossed over it... as i lost interest when i saw the estimates for 2020 and 2021 GDP... i fed up reading mickey mouse economics from this administration anf their lies... case in point the first point on the link is to bring debt levels back down to previous levels... but just recently we floated (i think) a 5 million U.S bond (roughly u borrowing 2 per cent of GDP there)

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » June 25th, 2020, 10:19 am

I think you are making assumptions about the responsible and ethical behaviour of politicians. I think that train has left the station. Their (sic) is no interest in being responsible or ethical or treating either the citizens or businesses with respect or fairly. Their (sic) is one interest: win the elections at all costs so the party in power can continue to life (sic) high off the backs of honest tax paying (sic) citizens. I am disgusted with the behaviour/disdain/apathy displaced by both parties.”

Ive believed that the 2 parties have little differences between them-differentiating on cosmetics and not substance.

Faria isnt wrong- to nuance from being right.
What he said is correct...however he should know that WHAT he says will be taken on the basis of WHO he is.After all this is Trinidad in 2020.
His mistake was putting a controversial position into a realm where it can be leaked.
Whether that was intentional or not,biased or not is irrelevant.

Rowleys response is IMHO the same..
WHAt he said is accurate.-we need better quality people to enter the arena-but that is certainly an indictment on the PM.
The fact that he is the PM means that he needs to be less petulant in how he saying stuff.

Both of them are vocalizing two points of view that are shared by any level headed observer.

Both of them should know that based on their offices-it would carry in ways beyond their probable intent.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » June 25th, 2020, 3:36 pm

elec2020 wrote:^ while your points on Faria's drive for change are noteworthy... let's be fair here... if u dare chaenge the hand that feeds u... u out... no ifs, buts and maybe's (case in point a story on the express today notes that the COP suspended a police officer after he made a FB comment expressing his displeasure on how the COP responds to his critics)... so i fully understand why Faria walked back his comments... also with respect to the mid year budget review... i glossed over it... as i lost interest when i saw the estimates for 2020 and 2021 GDP... i fed up reading mickey mouse economics from this administration anf their lies... case in point the first point on the link is to bring debt levels back down to previous levels... but just recently we floated (i think) a 5 million U.S bond (roughly u borrowing 2 per cent of GDP there)

Yup. Things are the way they are. No argument there. I just wanted to point out that the way things are not not acceptable. I'm just tired of accepting the unacceptable because it is normal.

Lol @ "mickey mouse economics". That is really the best way to describe it. Colm Imbert just boasted about saving us a bunch of money by paying off an old $250M loan that became due with a new $250M loan because the new loan was taken out at a lower rate than the original loan.

All I want to say is that one day we going to wake up in Venzuela and wonder how we got there.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » June 25th, 2020, 5:26 pm

^ i like how u mentioned the restructured loan... fools dont understand that what they did their was just increase government debt again... they just continue to manipulate the facts and figures to suittheir agenda... this is similar to barbados... when the outgoing government stated that debt to gdp was like 120 per cent... or something so... and when the incoming government reached they was like guys things worst than we thought for example debt to gdp is really 160 per cent

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 25th, 2020, 11:20 pm

elec2020 wrote:^ i like how u mentioned the restructured loan... fools dont understand that what they did their was just increase government debt again... they just continue to manipulate the facts and figures to suittheir agenda... this is similar to barbados... when the outgoing government stated that debt to gdp was like 120 per cent... or something so... and when the incoming government reached they was like guys things worst than we thought for example debt to gdp is really 160 per cent

The two unqualified and arrogant fools that head the Cabinet and MoF respectively continue to assure us that "all is well". Impsy bases his ability to borrow as his yardstick :roll: JUHN Scarfy said Pt Lisas is better off today than when he first came in, never mind that Nutrien just shut down their O1 ammonia plant, citing gas prices among the reasons for doing so.
JUN Scarfy also took credit for successful deep water exploration and production although the PP initiated, approved and signed every single one of those agreements. The PNM led by financial wizards Impsy and JUHN Scarfy have had a total of ZERO deep water bid rounds, and the shallow water bid rounds were spectacular failures as admitted by BP/Shell.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » June 26th, 2020, 4:23 am

De Dragon wrote:
elec2020 wrote:^ i like how u mentioned the restructured loan... fools dont understand that what they did their was just increase government debt again... they just continue to manipulate the facts and figures to suittheir agenda... this is similar to barbados... when the outgoing government stated that debt to gdp was like 120 per cent... or something so... and when the incoming government reached they was like guys things worst than we thought for example debt to gdp is really 160 per cent

The two unqualified and arrogant fools that head the Cabinet and MoF respectively continue to assure us that "all is well". Impsy bases his ability to borrow as his yardstick :roll: JUHN Scarfy said Pt Lisas is better off today than when he first came in, never mind that Nutrien just shut down their O1 ammonia plant, citing gas prices among the reasons for doing so.
JUN Scarfy also took credit for successful deep water exploration and production although the PP initiated, approved and signed every single one of those agreements. The PNM led by financial wizards Impsy and JUHN Scarfy have had a total of ZERO deep water bid rounds, and the shallow water bid rounds were spectacular failures as admitted by BP/Shell.

Unless i am wrong both of our ratings are just one level above junk status and they both have negative outlooks (meaning a downgrade is lets say 60 per cent likely on the next review)... i dont think we ever found out what fitch's rating is... i remember imbert ranted about the need for a 3rd credit rating after moody downgraded us in 17 or 18... i sure money spent... and still up to now i aint see no articles on a fitch rating... with respect to the PM he now start the discussion on diversification... now ... in the middle of a crisis which may last at least till 2022 we talking about diversification... when revenue streams have been cut due to low oil and gas prices... plant closures... business closures... job loses... and lower production in trading partners... their is also the misconception that oil prices will recover soon when countries start back producing like before... no... that will not happen... one reason why oil prices were so slow to recover after OPEC's decision in 2014 was because countries were storing mass amounts of cheap oil... when supply high and demand low (due to hoarding and low production) your price will take a good while to recover... simple 4king economics... i never understood why u dont have an economist in a top position in your cabinet ... but whatever yes

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 26th, 2020, 4:39 am

^^

The ched ask a simple question .

And a good question .

Tuner Scholars - ole sufferers - going up and down and sideways with answers that do not relate .

Row Row just lost ALL Syrian Voters ..

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”