Forums

Samsung Smart TV Help

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Parvin
I LUV THIS PLACE

Samsung Smart TV Help

Postby Parvin » May 23rd, 2020, 6:04 pm

I’ve have the Samsung UN50RU7100FXZA with a direct Ethernet connection, however when I power on the unit and attempt to open Netflix or YouTube I get a network connection error about 2 out of 5 times. The troubleshooter does not fix it and the only solution is to disconnect the Ethernet cable and plug it back in.

I also input the IP address settings manually but I still get the error sometimes. Solution is same as mentioned above. The internet works fine for every other device though, WiFi for mobile and even direct connection for a PC.

Is there a solution or anyone experiencing the same issue ? Digicel is the service provider.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Samsung Smart TV Help

Postby Dave » May 23rd, 2020, 7:03 pm

Forget the network and try again. If not try a factory reset.
Had the same issue with a Sony unit. Forget network, agreed some settings and the apps came back.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » May 23rd, 2020, 8:13 pm

Make sure your date time and timezone properly set..and reboot ..

Oh I have a lil issue too,I can't download to update my browser,tried everything...keep getting warnings that my browser wont be supported much longer..

Parvin wrote:I’ve have the Samsung UN50RU7100FXZA with a direct Ethernet connection, however when I power on the unit and attempt to open Netflix or YouTube I get a network connection error about 2 out of 5 times. The troubleshooter does not fix it and the only solution is to disconnect the Ethernet cable and plug it back in.

I also input the IP address settings manually but I still get the error sometimes. Solution is same as mentioned above. The internet works fine for every other device though, WiFi for mobile and even direct connection for a PC.

Is there a solution or anyone experiencing the same issue ? Digicel is the service provider.

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » May 23rd, 2020, 8:49 pm

Probably the date and time zone.

Parvin
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Parvin » May 23rd, 2020, 10:05 pm

Kool. Manually set date and time. Will monitor and give feedback

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » May 24th, 2020, 12:28 am

You can also check online to see if your TV have a firmware update. Download on a flash drive and must be the only file on the flash drive. Plug it in the tv usb and go to system settings to update.

Parvin
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Parvin » May 24th, 2020, 11:23 am

The_Honourable wrote:You can also check online to see if your TV have a firmware update. Download on a flash drive and must be the only file on the flash drive. Plug it in the tv usb and go to system settings to update.

Checked all that. Even changed the cable and still same issue.

Still had the issue even after setting the date and time manually.

What I’m testing now is the dns setting. I was using the 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 manually. When I changed it back to obtain automatically I saw the dns was 192.168.xxx.x so I input that instead. Didn’t get to test it further yet though

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » May 24th, 2020, 11:45 am

could be a an internet speed issue for you both

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 24th, 2020, 12:23 pm

Try this. Turn off your router. Turn on the TV. Press and hold the power button on the remote pointed at the tv until it reboots. This is a hard reboot. Normally when you turn off your Smart TV off it just goes into a sleep mode that has to remain responsive to the network. You can also hard reboot by unplugging the TV from the outlet and wait a minute. After the TV reboots, leave it on then turn on the router and wait. Did it connect normal after the router booted up?

The TV is sometimes having problems getting a valid IP configuration. Make sure DHCP is enabled in the TV settings, as well as in the router. Don't set the DNS inside the TV. If you've set it manually, and a device connected to your router is already assigned the address....? This is why DHCP is better here than assigning a static IP. Set it in the router. Inside the router settings, you should use Google DNS. The IP provider default DNS is set through the default gateway of the connection which is usually 192.168.0.1. Change it to another public DNS within the router settings. If that option is not there in your Digicel router, leave it. DNS really don't give trouble.

**User Manual solutions**
Use a Cat7 cable. I dunno if it would make a difference, but it's in the TV manual under "wired connection."
" Use a CAT 7 (*STP type) cable for the connection.
* Shielded Twisted Pair"

Internet speed must be higher than 10Mbps, so multiple devices on your internet and different times of the day could bring your speed down to less than 10 Mbps.

Parvin
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Parvin » May 24th, 2020, 1:31 pm

@maj

I’ll look into it tmrw when I get home

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”