Forums

The plan for opening back up after Covid lockdown

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » May 7th, 2020, 11:01 am

The government has not announced that non-essential businesses can reopen, but many businesses are opening up or already open anyway, what is supposed to be the plan?

UPDATE:
K74T wrote:Official Release

Prime Minister Dr the Hon Keith Rowley announced today that adjustments will be made to the COVID-19 Public Health Ordinance Regulations.

Dr Rowley said the adjustments will take place on a phased basis. Each phase will be determined by the results from the COVID-19 Community testing and monitoring done by the Ministry of Health.

Phase One: Effective May 11th–23rd May 2020

The Stay-at-Home measures for non-essential workers will remain in place with the following exceptions:

Food establishments, restaurants and vendors will be allowed to operate daily until 8 pm. Only takeout, curbside pickup, deliveries and drive-thru will be allowed. All street food businesses will be allowed to resume.

No in-house dining allowed.

Members of the public will be allowed to engage in restricted outdoor exercise - that is, no contact or team sporting events.

People will be allowed to walk, hike, run in groups of no more than five. Persons must keep six feet away from each other. Masks must be worn during all outdoor activities.

Hardware, plumbing supplies and electrical stores to operate during the hours of 8 am-4 pm.

Supermarkets to close at 6 pm.

Pharmacies to close 8 pm.

Approval has been granted for three of the country’s major commercial companies to operate. TCL, Nu Iron and WITCO have been allowed to restart operations.

If COVID- 19 numbers remain low, Phase 2 can commence - 24th May – 6th June 2020.

Reopening of the country’s whole manufacturing sector.

All Public Sector Construction can recommence.

50 percent capacity in public transport will continue.

Phase 3 (7th June – 20th June 2020)

All of the public service will return to work with elements of flexitime where possible.

All private sector construction may recommence at that time.

Consideration will be made for public transportation to resume to 75 percent.

These undermentioned phases will include the reopening of the following:

Phase 4: The reopening of malls and beaches

Phase 5: The reopening of cinemas.

Phase 6: The reopening of the country’s borders.

Last edited by abducted on May 7th, 2020, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: The plan for opening back up after Covid lockdown

Postby Musical Doc » May 7th, 2020, 11:07 am

I would've thought the PM would've announced guidelines by today but nothing yet so I guess everyone going by the assumption that things back to normal from monday based on the last stay at home extension.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 7th, 2020, 11:29 am

Today is Cabinet. We may get something after that concludes

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 7th, 2020, 1:23 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:Today is Cabinet. We may get something after that concludes

Lots of local news outlets hyping up a Sunday PM address. I think that is when we'll hear something definite.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » May 7th, 2020, 1:32 pm

so I have to wait till sunday to find out the plan for monday

:drinking:

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 7th, 2020, 1:37 pm

paid_influencer wrote:so I have to wait till sunday to find out the plan for monday

Grate is the PNM bro.
I am starting a self quarantine from Monday once that lockdown is eased, and will continue until at least a month passes. The absolute most dangerous time will be then.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 7th, 2020, 1:37 pm

paid_influencer wrote:so I have to wait till sunday to find out the plan for monday

Like u forget where's you is owa?
Dis is chinidad, last minute last 5 seconds and jit is we specialty boi.

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » May 7th, 2020, 1:38 pm

The relaxation of stay at home regulations would come as a welcome relief for many who have essentially been jobless for the pass weeks.
On the other hand many are nervous about many realities which must now be confronted on our journey forward.
Questions are many as they relate to kids and school (from day care up), also businesses now have to confront the damage already done and that which is expected to continue for the foreseeable future.
Interestingly, its also certain that many who have become jobless just wont be falling back into a job.
Govt when they do address efforts to return T&T to a new normalcy would be faced with having to deal with real volatile circumstances (and so will we all).

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » May 7th, 2020, 1:39 pm

chinidad is not a real place

- the prime minister of chinidad

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » May 7th, 2020, 2:21 pm

The stay at home was extended till May 15.
PM said he'd return to review on May 11 (Sunday) based on results of testing.
So idk what ppl on about opening next week.
This Gov't continue to sound so cautious I doubt they will try to open next week.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » May 7th, 2020, 2:22 pm

I suspect that there will be a final extension to the stay at home for non essential unless something is announced before Friday, you really cannot expect them to have an address on Sunday to say that from tomorrow is back to work as normal.
In addition, neither the chamber of commerce , nor the TTMA has given any proper and strict guidelines as to the reopening.
I’m sure we have another week or 2 extension coming.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 7th, 2020, 2:40 pm

This thread is a week early. Lock down is until May 15th. http://www.looptt.com/content/pm-extend ... til-may-10

So the PM will address the nation before that, maybe this coming Monday. I think a lot of places will re-open with new rules on social life and certain restrictions. Which Trinis will ignore and life will go on normal. Which may be ok because we'll be isolated as a small country. Just hope they leave the borders closed until USA is clean, or else all this would have been for nothing.

And after May 15, only time will tell if all this was a farce because they weren't even testing people and all the hidden unreported cases for fear of being locked up and treated very badly as a patient.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 7th, 2020, 2:58 pm

Gosh,

I cannot wait for us to fully re-open. Need you Trinis to go out there and carelessly spread your stink germs just as you always do to see exactly where the virus is.

I am happy however to have the handful of responsible Trinidadians who will be compliant and safe as they continue to practice SD and hygiene.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » May 7th, 2020, 3:08 pm

the MoH used to give updates on the surveillance testing (outside of these submitted to CARPHA) at the press conferences. The last figure I heard some days ago was about 300+ and all are negative.

Here's the press conference (April 25) where they announced the surveillance testing and lockdown extension (till May 15 officially). The stated goal at that time was 700 tests done in 14 days (which would have been May 9), with the would tell the CMO if the virus is "extremely limited" by May 10.

https://www.facebook.com/15475853821000 ... 422208873/
the part around the 32:45 mark is what many of us are interpreting as a 10 May date for easing restrictions.

dean_spleen09
Riding on 17's

Postby dean_spleen09 » May 7th, 2020, 3:09 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:I suspect that there will be a final extension

like all the expo tent , every 2 weeks go be a final extension.
:|

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » May 7th, 2020, 3:16 pm

yea this is depressing. Looking more likely we have to wait until May 15 for no good reason. If it was really May 10 we would have some updates by now.

hope the PM knows what he is doing. Once you lose the good faith of the population, it will be impossible to get it back.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 7th, 2020, 3:38 pm

paid_influencer wrote:yea this is depressing. Looking more likely we have to wait until May 15 for no good reason. If it was really May 10 we would have some updates by now.

hope the PM knows what he is doing. Once you lose the good faith of the population, it will be impossible to get it back.

The majority of the population lost faith in themselves bro.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 7th, 2020, 4:01 pm

paid_influencer wrote:the MoH used to give updates on the surveillance testing (outside of these submitted to CARPHA) at the press conferences. The last figure I heard some days ago was about 300+ and all are negative.

Here's the press conference (April 25) where they announced the surveillance testing and lockdown extension (till May 15 officially). The stated goal at that time was 700 tests done in 14 days (which would have been May 9), with the would tell the CMO if the virus is "extremely limited" by May 10.

the part around the 32:45 mark is what many of us are interpreting as a 10 May date for easing restrictions.

May 10th is supposed to be the announcement of whether we can begin going back to normal. From the looks for it there are three schools of thought.

1. Only open back after 14 days of no new positives.
2. Open back when you're confident cases can be quickly identified and contact tracing done rapidly so that susceptible individuals are isolated.
3. Open back up when you bump up capacity to your health care systems (or reduced the load taken up by existing covid patients) to deal with infections

Option 1 is good theory, especially in an isolated island where we can supposedly control the borders isn't guaranteed, people aren't going in for testing due to mandatory state quarantines and the poor reported conditions.

Option 2 is the approach I think they're going with at the moment, which means they probably are confident there are undetected cases out there.

Option 3 seems to be our last resort

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » May 7th, 2020, 4:03 pm

paid_influencer wrote:the MoH used to give updates on the surveillance testing (outside of these submitted to CARPHA) at the press conferences. The last figure I heard some days ago was about 300+ and all are negative.

The lockdown expires on the 15th, the PM will let us know by the 10th if it will be extended or relaxing of restrictions to begin.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » May 7th, 2020, 4:06 pm

hidden option 4: open up when the lockdown becomes untenable from a social and economic perspective.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 7th, 2020, 4:15 pm

The information I have is that the country will slowly be returning to some form of normalcy from the 15th however there would be many changes in the way we do business from a social distancing and OSH standpoint.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » May 7th, 2020, 4:29 pm

I suspect that we going to see a few positive cases showing up next week and then the stay at home get extended to month end.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » May 7th, 2020, 4:43 pm

supercharged turbo wrote:I suspect that we going to see a few positive cases showing up next week and then the stay at home get extended to month end.

Why u suspect that?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 7th, 2020, 4:44 pm

Doh say that nah. Is only so much we can do with no kfc and doubles.

dean_spleen09
Riding on 17's

Postby dean_spleen09 » May 7th, 2020, 6:58 pm

goalpost wrote:
supercharged turbo wrote:I suspect that we going to see a few positive cases showing up next week and then the stay at home get extended to month end.

Why u suspect that?

mans woke

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » May 7th, 2020, 7:00 pm

I don't know why people misinterpreted and thought the stay at home was until the 10th. It is until the 15th.
Most likely the PM will address the Nation on the 10th.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » May 7th, 2020, 8:27 pm

We have a 5 minute memory span, you cant make a statement today and expect trinis to remember what was on it a week from now.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 7th, 2020, 9:09 pm

Gem_in_i wrote:I don't know why people misinterpreted and thought the stay at home was until the 10th. It is until the 15th.

He literally said exactly this.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » May 7th, 2020, 9:17 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
Gem_in_i wrote:I don't know why people misinterpreted and thought the stay at home was until the 10th. It is until the 15th.

He literally said exactly this.

The recording is on the PM FB page, if you listen to it, he mis-spoke and said the 10th a couple times and also the 15th but the 10th stuck because it was the first date he call.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » May 7th, 2020, 10:29 pm

My recollection and understanding is that until May 10, the testing regime would change. The SIQ extends until May 15 where, based in the information (gathers from the new testing regime) from the health officials on May 10, a plan will be put in place for how things will reopen on the 15th or whether the SIQ extends further.

So SIQ is until May 15th. Some time on or after May 10th, PM will revert with the plan for after May 15th.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”