Forums

Chinese Business Owners Refused To Serve Trinidadian Man In His Own Country

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Chinese Business Owners Refused To Serve Trinidadian Man In His Own Country

Postby MaxPower » April 26th, 2020, 1:30 pm

88sins wrote:allyuh kno, many of Chinese nationals here discriminate not only on the basis of ethnicity but also on color & other factors right?

Heck some Chinese even discriminate against Japanese and Koreans etc

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » April 26th, 2020, 1:38 pm

sMASH wrote:
Rovin wrote:whats d other side of d story though ? ...

he resemble sumbody that rob them last week,,, :lol:
allyuh eh see the veejo with the two oman and the cheese.

imo its poor reporting , did they call d chinese ppl to get their side of d story , is how they jes hear 1 side & ran with it , supposing d guy & d chinese ppl had some kinda issue b4 it cud be any kinda minor thing who knows, so they had told d man b4 we dont want to business with u, but nowadays everybody have a cell phone so u cud jes blab anything & get ppl to believe u .... in america lawyers wuda done be gearing up

yea i see d 1 with d 2 big block of cheese , imagine yuh mammy or big sister saying to d kids allyuh is macaroni pie or cheese paste or anything allyuh want with cheese & d others eh know where d cheese was b4 they got to eat it ....... :sick:

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » April 26th, 2020, 1:44 pm

Never said all wealth isnt but enough of it is. Just earlier this week we see a case of a man subletting his Hdc accommodation while if have people waiting for the chance to acquire one themselves. But nah no corruption there. It have men who tendering for jobs for years and losing the contracts to competitors who then have to come back and subcontract out because its not worth the hassle. But no corruption there ent? Race is as far as you guys can see so I'm not surprised by your response.
MaxPower wrote:
nemisis wrote:Locally how much people you feel doing better than you and being law abiding at the same time?

All wealth is not necessarily associated with corruption.

Trinis have to stop the macooin and counting other ppl money and start working harder rather than living in permanent oppression.

If Trinis put in the effort, they wont feel that Chinese, Syrians, Venes etc OWE them something.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » April 26th, 2020, 1:50 pm

Why don't we talk about the syrian owned drughouse down the islands? Why don't we talk about local businesses can't access usd while Syrian businesses getting it freely.

Lets talk about discrimination in the legal system.

Trinis are asked to work harder to fill the pockets of drug running Syrian and corrupt government.

Before you talk crap about trinis, make sure you not lying to us.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » April 26th, 2020, 1:52 pm

Shipments of good placed in September reach the country mid November and cant get cleared although all paper work in order until the 22nd of December. But the competitors get theirs in and cleared early December. Due to the model of the product and date of manufacturing you know they couldn't have ordered it before you did but got it cleared before by over two weeks. No corruption involved it that either I'm sure. Losing sales on a popular item because while your goods stock in limbo your competitor clearing shelf.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » April 26th, 2020, 1:55 pm

Sad but true
Attachments
92707461_10158371021523343_2852833809055875072_n.jpg
Last edited by matr1x on April 26th, 2020, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » April 26th, 2020, 1:55 pm

Even local doctors who legally speaking operate not much different to doubles men. No corruption ent max

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 26th, 2020, 2:22 pm

this country is one big cocaine fulfillment center and we getting to see now, also is a oil laundromat.
dragon gas and ghana yam... bridging the continental gap.

half billion dollars in cocaine does get cetch every so often, but we lock down lavantee to get back imburt junior cell fone.

the happiest person in this country is the man dat by half six in the morning done max out he puncheon budget out the road.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » April 26th, 2020, 2:54 pm

Trinidad is not a major transshipment point for cocaine. That's a lie Manning said to explain crime in Trinidad. Blame it on location and not gov't inefficiency. A major transhipment point is Venezuela. Tonnes of cocaine move through there. Every added location is added cost so drug shipments not going to add unnecessary routes to pass drugs on to the developed world. Trinidad is too lawful and exposed to move plenty drugs. So what they do is move from Colombia - Venezuela - haiti/dom republic and then on to final consumer destination.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 26th, 2020, 3:00 pm

Lol!!!

Depends on your definition of Major I guess.
Redress10 wrote:Trinidad is not a major transshipment point for cocaine. That's a lie Manning said to explain crime in Trinidad. Blame it on location and not gov't inefficiency. A major transhipment point is Venezuela. Tonnes of cocaine move through there. Every added location is added cost so drug shipments not going to add unnecessary routes to pass drugs on to the developed world. Trinidad is too lawful and exposed to move plenty drugs. So what they do is move from Colombia - Venezuela - haiti/dom republic and then on to final consumer destination.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » April 26th, 2020, 3:43 pm

True

I'm talking cartel type activities. I also read a lot of country drug reports from state Department etc. They give you a breakdown of the quantity of drugs seized and estimated amount that is transhipped through the country. The major drug of choice in Trinidad is marijuana from up the islands. Cocaine isn't widely consumed here. Our politicians and law enforcement are widely viewed as cooperative in the fight against drugs. This country simply doesn't have the logistical support to be a major player in the illicit drug game. International crime is based along ethnic lines and territory divided as such. Eastern europeans are running europe and if they need to import cocaine then they would go straight to the source. Cut out all middle men literally.

The chinese in trinidad are capable of being major players in international crime. They have a global footprint and logistic system already in place (ports in africa) etc.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » April 26th, 2020, 4:50 pm

All these decades trinis being openly racist to Chinese but hiding behind the excuse that "All ah we is one" and "is we culture" "Is jes kicks nothing to be offended about"

In Trinidad people call dem "Chinee" and "Chino" etc.
I sure if the use of the word "Chink" was more widespread, you would hear that as well.
In the meantime we just have the nursery rhyme "Chinee Chinee never die flat nose and Chinky eye" and "Chinee Parang"

Can you imagine if a Chinese made up something bout
"Khu-Lee Khu-Lee only like fry, doubles, roti and greasy aloo pie"
or "Kree-old Kree-old doh want to wuk, only robbing chinee shop"

Or a song to be played on Chinese New Year name "Khoolee Reggaton" or "Kreeold Techno" ?

What would both groups have to say about that?
And the blatant robbery of Chinese groceries well BEFORE this Covid thing?

I think the real issue here , (not just in Trinidad) , is that most trinis think Chinese are "soff" docile people, so now when Chinese not being "soff" dey kinda shocked, coupled with the fact that if you jump on the "Look wey chinee doing Quami" bandwagon gets you more views or likes.

Same way how many 'darkman' from trini and non-african countries want to follow their American bredjrin and blame slavery for any disadvantageous situation they face, and then want to preach how "darkmen worldwide must unite to stop this"

Note that In no way am I saying that the discrimination of afros worldwide by Chinese is acceptable.
Some cases are really not justified, some you may need to hear both sides (which may still end up being unjustified)

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Chineses refuse to sell Trini Afro

Postby ruffneck_12 » April 26th, 2020, 5:07 pm

88sins wrote:
ruffneck_12 wrote:
rspann wrote:Watch who robbing them all the time , that is the real reason they skeptical . Is not a racial thing.

shhhhh, stop talking sense

People hate that

allyuh kno, many of Chinese nationals here discriminate not only on the basis of ethnicity but also on color & other factors right?

Factors like wearing your pants below your bottom like how they do in prison?
Factors like always watching around suspiciously as if you're gonna commit a crime?
Factors like wearing a hat low on your face and hiding it from the cameras?

Data is data. Who more likely to rob a place? A guy dressed like a criminal? Or a guy dressed in a suit?

Judging books by it's cover makes sense.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » April 26th, 2020, 5:13 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:Data is data. Who more likely to rob a place? A guy dressed like a criminal? Or a guy dressed in a suit?

I might have to disagree with you there
zoom rader wrote:Never trust an injun in ah suit

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 26th, 2020, 5:38 pm

Redress10 wrote:Trinidad is not a major transshipment point for cocaine. That's a lie Manning said to explain crime in Trinidad. Blame it on location and not gov't inefficiency. A major transhipment point is Venezuela. Tonnes of cocaine move through there. Every added location is added cost so drug shipments not going to add unnecessary routes to pass drugs on to the developed world. Trinidad is too lawful and exposed to move plenty drugs. So what they do is move from Colombia - Venezuela - haiti/dom republic and then on to final consumer destination.

Let's be real you are one of the biggest PNM Hack in history of mankind

I don't mean it in a bad way eh, I is a PNM also and I admire your PNM Activism I wish I could be like you one day. But we have to also face reality

I pray that one day I too become the embodiment of the PNM like yourself. I have started following your advice, I removed all the Hindu pictures in my house and replaced it with pictures of Rowley and Manning, I even have a Rowley picture in my puja place

God bless you and keep safe.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 26th, 2020, 5:56 pm

matr1x wrote:Why don't we talk about the syrian owned drughouse down the islands? Why don't we talk about local businesses can't access usd while Syrian businesses getting it freely.

Lets talk about discrimination in the legal system.

Trinis are asked to work harder to fill the pockets of drug running Syrian and corrupt government.

Before you talk crap about trinis, make sure you not lying to us.

Sure man,

Let’s talk about them, its a great topic.

And when everything is ALL perfect and everyone is brought to justice, THEN its time to work ent? So in the meanwhile just have a stubborn, complacent, doh-care attitude...in other words continue being a typical Trini.

Again, excuses excuses and more excuses.

I done say, i really dont know who allyuh fooling. Allyuh will get the prefect boss with the perfect working conditions and STILL reach to work late and go missing with a nancy story around Carnival time WITH an attitude....its that stink mentality that is embedded which is why allyuh will alwayssss be in the same damn spot.

I mean allyuh have no shame? To lower your job etiquette standard for others? To “choose” when and how to work at your convenience? No wonder most Trinis cannot even get referrals/recommendations from their previous employers because of their piss poor performance. You really feel people want to hear that the reason why Trinis dont want to work is because of the actions of those above?

You know matr1x, its those Trinis that study themselves, their families, and their OWN pocket that make it far. Those Trinis that know that life IS NOT FAIR, it never will be...the rich and powerful will remain rich and powerful...its always the small man ass to ketch. THIS is the world we live in and oppression should not be an excuse to not work hard, but a fuel to prove to yourself and optionally to others that you CAN do it.

Boi put me to work as a janitor for the the wealthiest, snobbish, most crooked employer and I will clean every last speck of sheit on that toilet bowl. The objective is to not clean toilets the rest of your life unless its a passion, but to work hard with the intention of promoting yourself. And padna if your hard work is not being recognized by your employer, respectfully resign and move on. That is determination padna, that is being grateful to have a job and doing it to the best of your ability. Its a mindset bro.

Allyuh Trinis too behind.
Last edited by MaxPower on April 26th, 2020, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 26th, 2020, 6:01 pm

Blaze d Chalice wrote:All these decades trinis being openly racist to Chinese but hiding behind the excuse that "All ah we is one" and "is we culture" "Is jes kicks nothing to be offended about"

In Trinidad people call dem "Chinee" and "Chino" etc.
I sure if the use of the word "Chink" was more widespread, you would hear that as well.
In the meantime we just have the nursery rhyme "Chinee Chinee never die flat nose and Chinky eye" and "Chinee Parang"

Can you imagine if a Chinese made up something bout
"Khu-Lee Khu-Lee only like fry, doubles, roti and greasy aloo pie"
or "Kree-old Kree-old doh want to wuk, only robbing chinee shop"

Or a song to be played on Chinese New Year name "Khoolee Reggaton" or "Kreeold Techno" ?

What would both groups have to say about that?
And the blatant robbery of Chinese groceries well BEFORE this Covid thing?

I think the real issue here , (not just in Trinidad) , is that most trinis think Chinese are "soff" docile people, so now when Chinese not being "soff" dey kinda shocked, coupled with the fact that if you jump on the "Look wey chinee doing Quami" bandwagon gets you more views or likes.

Same way how many 'darkman' from trini and non-african countries want to follow their American bredjrin and blame slavery for any disadvantageous situation they face, and then want to preach how "darkmen worldwide must unite to stop this"

Note that In no way am I saying that the discrimination of afros worldwide by Chinese is acceptable.
Some cases are really not justified, some you may need to hear both sides (which may still end up being unjustified)

Hello Blaze,

I admire your comments as always.

Those rhymes were so hilarious!

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 26th, 2020, 6:50 pm

It's only a matter of time before PNM sells out and it's citizens to blame

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/business ... 4mJNFajrBU

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » April 26th, 2020, 6:52 pm

Blaze d Chalice wrote:
ruffneck_12 wrote:Data is data. Who more likely to rob a place? A guy dressed like a criminal? Or a guy dressed in a suit?

I er gonna disagree with facts. That's true as well.

But leh me hit you with more facts. Who more likely to invade your house, tie up your whole family and take your car after they murder you?

And also note I didn't say african or indian eh, I just talking bout dress here. Indians could dress like criminals too (albiet in fewer numbers)

It's a mentality, not a race.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 26th, 2020, 6:58 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:
Blaze d Chalice wrote:

But leh me hit you with more facts. Who more likely to invade your house, tie up your whole family and take your car after they murder you?

And also note I didn't say african or indian eh, I just talking bout dress here. Indians could dress like criminals too (albiet in fewer numbers)

And that's where folk akways get it wrong. I always point out behaviours and folk on here take it as been racist.

Run when you see injun in suits and Kwame with his jockey shorts showing

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » April 26th, 2020, 7:20 pm

zoom rader wrote:
ruffneck_12 wrote:
Blaze d Chalice wrote:

And that's where folk akways get it wrong. I always point out behaviours and folk on here take it as been racist.

Run when you see injun in suits and Kwame with his jockey shorts showing

People project their own thoughts onto what you saying :twisted:
Meaning that they have the racist thoughts but making it seem like you're the racist one.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » April 26th, 2020, 8:13 pm

It is true that Chinese grocery owners are victims of crime mostly by people of a certain demographic and are hence it is possible that they are apprehensive about letting in people who look like them. And seeing as they are soft targets I believe the police should give them extra protection. Now that being said tell me where in the United States or Europe could an illegal immigrant refuse service to a born and bred national and get away with it. In the US there would already be a hundred right wing patriots with confederate flags on their doorstep telling them to get out their country if you don't respect its citizens, but not us. I am beginning to think Max be right in that we Trinis are too slack and complacent about everything. An incident like this occurred where one of our own was denied service on OUR soil and no response from our citizens. We have a Venezuelan migrant crisis on our hands and the only person with enough balls to stand against it was the transexual boy/girl KIA something. Sadly we continue to worship the vene fair skin and Chinese char siu kai fan at the expense of our own.
At least the venes mix and breed with the locals and some learn the language. Do these Chinese ever give back anything to this nation? They do not interact with locals outside of their business and most times they don't even know what they have in their own grocery and you have to ask the local girl who's doing the wrapping. Where do they even go after hours?The venes still spend money in local businesses but not the Chinese, it's like they disappear after hours. Even when they are victims of crime they are reluctant to go to the police as Sgt Alexander once mentioned. They are the most secretive/illusive community in Trinidad and I don't like the looks of it or trust them. As I said before I have no problems with foreigners being here legally and contributing to our society but it seems like these Chinese aren't doing either and it's time we start putting our people first.
On a side note I do know of one Chinese restaurant who's owners have been here decades and their children go to local schools, have Trini friends and are completely acclimatized with our culture. That's the true spirit of how immigration to our country should be but sadly most Chinese are the opposite

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 26th, 2020, 9:00 pm

This ched

:popcorn:

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 26th, 2020, 10:05 pm

alfa wrote:It is true that Chinese grocery owners are victims of crime mostly by people of a certain demographic and are hence it is possible that they are apprehensive about letting in people who look like them. And seeing as they are soft targets I believe the police should give them extra protection. Now that being said tell me where in the United States or Europe could an illegal immigrant refuse service to a born and bred national and get away with it. In the US there would already be a hundred right wing patriots with confederate flags on their doorstep telling them to get out their country if you don't respect its citizens, but not us. I am beginning to think Max be right in that we Trinis are too slack and complacent about everything. An incident like this occurred where one of our own was denied service on OUR soil and no response from our citizens. We have a Venezuelan migrant crisis on our hands and the only person with enough balls to stand against it was the transexual boy/girl KIA something. Sadly we continue to worship the vene fair skin and Chinese char siu kai fan at the expense of our own.
At least the venes mix and breed with the locals and some learn the language. Do these Chinese ever give back anything to this nation? They do not interact with locals outside of their business and most times they don't even know what they have in their own grocery and you have to ask the local girl who's doing the wrapping. Where do they even go after hours?The venes still spend money in local businesses but not the Chinese, it's like they disappear after hours. Even when they are victims of crime they are reluctant to go to the police as Sgt Alexander once mentioned. They are the most secretive/illusive community in Trinidad and I don't like the looks of it or trust them. As I said before I have no problems with foreigners being here legally and contributing to our society but it seems like these Chinese aren't doing either and it's time we start putting our people first.
On a side note I do know of one Chinese restaurant who's owners have been here decades and their children go to local schools, have Trini friends and are completely acclimatized with our culture. That's the true spirit of how immigration to our country should be but sadly most Chinese are the opposite

Hello alfa,

I read your comments and im trying to understand why the behavior of our Chinese nationals matters to Trinidadians. Remember they have been around for years and are fully aware of the Trinidadian mentality. Why bother to associate with Trinis to tarnish their reputation? They are here for business and business alone, no small talk.

Have you seen any Chinese acting like animals as the Trinis do in this pandemic?

Have you ever heard them annoyingly crying like Sauce doubles?

Have you ever heard of any Chinese robbing or killing anyone?

Have the Chinese ever made complaints about the daily harassing and mocking they receive at their restaurants/groceries from Trinis?

The Chinese keep to themselves for obvious reasons. One Trini kant get blank and everybody start to cry racism and bla bla. If Trinis jealous the Chinese so much then WHY bother to support them? Its because they will do anything for cheap food because they are just plain sufferers. Buy food, stuff guts and then bad talk after.

The Chinese have already made their contribution to society bro by providing a substantial amount of restaurants and groceries at reasonable prices.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 26th, 2020, 10:55 pm

alfa wrote:It is true that Chinese grocery owners are victims of crime mostly by people of a certain demographic and are hence it is possible that they are apprehensive about letting in people who look like them. And seeing as they are soft targets I believe the police should give them extra protection. Now that being said tell me where in the United States or Europe could an illegal immigrant refuse service to a born and bred national and get away with it. In the US there would already be a hundred right wing patriots with confederate flags on their doorstep telling them to get out their country if you don't respect its citizens, but not us. I am beginning to think Max be right in that we Trinis are too slack and complacent about everything. An incident like this occurred where one of our own was denied service on OUR soil and no response from our citizens. We have a Venezuelan migrant crisis on our hands and the only person with enough balls to stand against it was the transexual boy/girl KIA something. Sadly we continue to worship the vene fair skin and Chinese char siu kai fan at the expense of our own.
The original Chinese came here in the very early 1800s and it took them about 3 generations to fit in and become Trinis. They stilled lived a secluded live ,.some of them mixed and married locals.

The new wave we have here are not intent on living here or mixing ,.their main goal is to get in to the US. Nearly all these new wave are subjected to humans trafficking. They are here for a short time to pay back their debts to passage to the US. They will enter the US illegally. There was a documentary showing how they go about getting into the US. Those we see working in the shops are mere slaves working to pay back debt.

ScHoolboySoloQ
Trinituner Peong

Postby ScHoolboySoloQ » April 26th, 2020, 11:57 pm

Whenever they make money they HAVE to give a chunk to their parents. I went to Taiwan for a year on a student exchange program and their reaction to me was kinda bizarre.

The students at the university were fine with me however when I went for dinner over at a friend's house, her parents were friendly and nice but the next day she told me how they said to stay away from people like me, that I am a bad influence. They were a little racist towards me. Even when I went to the markets they gave me the "go back to your country" look. I honestly thought they would be welcoming to tourists but the population seems to feel a certain level of discomfort just like how we feel about Venes here. There are many good Venes here but one rotten apple spoils the barrel.

It will take quite a while for many Chinese to completely acclimatize with our culture. The ones who have done it already are the more open minded individuals.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 27th, 2020, 1:05 am

ScHoolboySoloQ wrote:

Whenever they make money they HAVE to give a chunk to their parents. I went to Taiwan for a year on a student exchange program and their reaction to me was kinda bizarre.

The students at the university were fine with me however when I went for dinner over at a friend's house, her parents were friendly and nice but the next day she told me how they said to stay away from people like me, that I am a bad influence. They were a little racist towards me. Even when I went to the markets they gave me the "go back to your country" look. I honestly thought they would be welcoming to tourists but the population seems to feel a certain level of discomfort just like how we feel about Venes here. There are many good Venes here but one rotten apple spoils the barrel.

It will take quite a while for many Chinese to completely acclimatize with our culture. The ones who have done it already are the more open minded individuals.
These new chineses are not here to stay, when one leaves another one comes in.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » April 27th, 2020, 2:18 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:Where else he gonna shop though.

George mini mart?
Frank parlour?

And why not? I don't know about George, but my palour pays taxes.

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » April 28th, 2020, 7:01 am

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 28th, 2020, 8:55 am

My prayers and thoughts are with the Chinese community.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”