Forums

WTK: PREFAB HOBBIT HOME

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE

WTK: PREFAB HOBBIT HOME

Postby slickrick777 » April 15th, 2020, 4:16 pm

just a thought about this, I know no one has ever attempted one of these locally, but if 1 was to think about getting one of these done right, what or whom would be the right people, company etc that can execute such a task?

ScHoolboySoloQ
Trinituner Peong

Re: WTK: PREFAB HOBBIT HOME

Postby ScHoolboySoloQ » April 15th, 2020, 4:18 pm

Check Imbert.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » April 15th, 2020, 4:41 pm

slickrick777 wrote:just a thought about this, I know no one has ever attempted one of these locally, but if 1 was to think about getting one of these done right, what or whom would be the right people, company etc that can execute such a task?

Pics ?

daron
Sweet on this forum

Postby daron » April 15th, 2020, 6:13 pm

May help
FB_IMG_1586988800993.jpeg

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 15th, 2020, 7:26 pm

slickrick777 wrote:just a thought about this, I know no one has ever attempted one of these locally, but if 1 was to think about getting one of these done right, what or whom would be the right people, company etc that can execute such a task?

For starters, define "done right"
Those types of homes are ideal for minimizing costs like lot size, heating & to some degree maintenence costs. I doubt any serious builder or architect would work on such a design. Especially when you take T&C plan approvals as well as local building codes into consideration

A word to the wise, & I not trying to discourage, just a headsup what to expect here IF you gt with a builder & move forward.
Full sized ppl occupying those homes in countries where those types of residential buildings are found (& they are considered oddities in those countries btw) get real fedup of those types of strutures real fast, and soon find out there really isn't any local market for them. so when yuh fed up of the cramped conditions & ready to upgrade, even if they dig deep & get it to be relatively spacious inside, they ketch they ass to sell it if they get a buyer at all & so they get stuck in it.

Proceed at will & at your own risk
Good luck

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » April 16th, 2020, 8:12 am

There are modular versions you can buy online. I looked into. They're practical and beautiful, but was told they won't get passed by town and country

slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby slickrick777 » April 16th, 2020, 1:33 pm

i saw the green homes or sumin so, but the costing, they are prefab modular made out of fibre glass or summin so!

slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby slickrick777 » April 16th, 2020, 2:39 pm

but if there was someone local who could have prefabricates this structure and like just built it and dropped it off at my location and then bury with dirt etc would have been a nice venture, sure there has to be someone local who can handle.such a task...

slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby slickrick777 » April 16th, 2020, 2:39 pm

there are differner routes can be taken, joining of 2 20ft containers, bulind a steel structure ground up etc

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » April 16th, 2020, 3:48 pm

slickrick777 wrote:there are differner routes can be taken, joining of 2 20ft containers, bulind a steel structure ground up etc

Anyone ever got sheit down for container homes / offices yet that have a well maintained environment?i assume its the electrical and water connections are the catch if there is already a structure on the land

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 16th, 2020, 6:56 pm

slickrick777 wrote:but if there was someone local who could have prefabricates this structure and like just built it and dropped it off at my location and then bury with dirt etc would have been a nice venture, sure there has to be someone local who can handle.such a task...

ever walked barefoot in a concrete yard at all 9-10 at night & felt the warmth under your feet? Ever wondered WHY it was still warm, a3-4 hrs after the sun went down?
That's because dIrt even tho it insulates retains heat VERY well. So now, imagine, you, in a metal container covered with dirt, and limited capabilities for ventilation. Unless you running a/c in every room (which would defeat the look not to mention being expensive af) or build air vents/large windows you gonna know EXACTLY what a baked chicken feels like on a regular basis.

but go brave

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » April 16th, 2020, 8:24 pm

88sins wrote:
slickrick777 wrote:but if there was someone local who could have prefabricates this structure and like just built it and dropped it off at my location and then bury with dirt etc would have been a nice venture, sure there has to be someone local who can handle.such a task...

ever walked barefoot in a concrete yard at all 9-10 at night & felt the warmth under your feet? Ever wondered WHY it was still warm, a3-4 hrs after the sun went down?
That's because dIrt even tho it insulates retains heat VERY well. So now, imagine, you, in a metal container covered with dirt, and limited capabilities for ventilation. Unless you running a/c in every room (which would defeat the look not to mention being expensive af) or build air vents/large windows you gonna know EXACTLY what a baked chicken feels like on a regular basis.

but go brave

Actually once you go down a certain depth you can actually get cooler... google geothermal cooling. A while ago I worked on a prototype design with a guy but we never built it.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 16th, 2020, 9:08 pm

Yes, but you hadda go pretty deep to get that effect, and he not doing that.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » April 16th, 2020, 9:36 pm

88sins wrote:Yes, but you hadda go pretty deep to get that effect, and he not doing that.

Ok... I understand

What if he covers it with dirt and plants thick vegetation on top... like what they do in scotland and ireland. Maybe it could get cool inside? I know some people do green rooftops to assist with cooling.... not sure how it would work though.

slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby slickrick777 » April 16th, 2020, 9:37 pm

a 20ft container can be a start, prefab this into a hobbit like look and then dumb dirt around it making a hill over and around it to give the impression and also prefab the door and windows into circular looking ones etc..must have skilled persons that can handle this locally!

Tar Baby
Street 2NR

Postby Tar Baby » April 16th, 2020, 9:49 pm

Removed by user
Last edited by Tar Baby on September 17th, 2023, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 20th, 2020, 4:11 pm

Get the smallest prefab semi-circular unit you can, and then retrofit it Hobbit style. Comfort and longevity is up for question, but if you're looking at a little hobby house with a difference and you've got the space, have at it.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”