TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Minister of Education on Covid measures

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Minister of Education: It seems impossible for schools to reopen before September 2020

Postby paid_influencer » August 30th, 2020, 9:20 pm

sMASH wrote:It's risking infection which may be risking life, and In line with the sentiments of the government concerning spread of the virus. Stay home, and stay safe.

the actual risk is tiny though. The school is empty, they have tons of room to socially distance, and they are all wearing masks.

sMASH
TunerGod

Re: Minister of Education: It seems impossible for schools to reopen before September 2020

Postby sMASH » August 30th, 2020, 9:25 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
sMASH wrote:It's risking infection which may be risking life, and In line with the sentiments of the government concerning spread of the virus. Stay home, and stay safe.

the actual risk is tiny though. The school is empty, they have tons of room to socially distance, and they are all wearing masks.
How menaynof them are in susceptible groups?

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » August 30th, 2020, 9:27 pm

sMASH wrote:How menayn of them are in susceptible groups?

I would guess their average age is less than that of doctors and nurses (i.e., the persons actually putting their lives at risk).

Some perspective would help TUTTA.

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » August 31st, 2020, 1:57 am

paid_influencer wrote:

Maybe I'd agree with you for high school. Dem donkeys big enough to understand. But primary school? Eh eh. Children will be children. Especially the younger age group.
By the end of the day something similar to the following might happen.

FB_IMG_1598799858114.jpeg

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 1st, 2020, 4:04 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
sMASH wrote:
bluefete wrote:Two young girls use Taco Bell's free Wi-Fi to finish their homework amid concern over 'digital divide' for low-income students

A photo shared to Instagram showed two young children in Salinas, California, sitting outside a Taco Bell so they can use the free Wi-Fi for homework (pictured)

The pandemic has exacerbated some students' ability to obtain adequate education resources.

Technology inequality has continued to be a problem nationwide for a plethora of school districts, but the pandemic showcased a significant hurdle in distance learning.

The Salinas City Elementary School District, one of the largest in Monterey County, identified the children as their students.

One student attends Sherwood Elementary School, and the other is a student at Los Padres Elementary School, The Californian reports.

The Salinas City Elementary School District said in a statement that they were aware of the photo and had provided resources to those children.

'Our district became aware of a post that is circulating on social media early this morning,' wrote Richard Gebin, public relations officer for the Salinas City Elementary School District.

'We immediately identified the students belonging to SCESD, and since then, have provided the family with a hotspot so that our students can safely access classroom instruction from home.

'We are aware of connectivity concerns and we have placed additional orders for hotspots to address the digital divide.'

Board President Amy Ish also acknowledged the digital inequality experienced by students in Salinas and neighboring areas.

'The digital divide is very clear and delays in receiving needed technology are a statewide concern, we are grateful the state is making technology a priority and look forward to receiving these hotspots in our district,' said Ish.

The school district is asking families to contact their school sites if they face similar problems with digital resources and distance learning.

Families who need internet access can contact their child's school Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 3:30pm.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... cerns.html

if u really want it, u will find a way.

Instead of wasting time with BLM those same outraged groups should be ensuring poor kids of all races have basic necessities for online learning.
More than $100K raised for girls who needed Taco Bell WiFi to do schoolwork

The photo posted to Instagram last week has sparked an online fundraising campaign as it highlighted the “digital divide” for low income students.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/mor ... o-n1238939

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 1st, 2020, 7:17 pm

On the local front, I really hope no child gets left behind. .
So much hurdles to overcome.

Laptop is one things but plenty people still don't have Internet.

ISPs should step up with schoolchild packages for underprivileged children. Low bandwidth, just enough for what they need.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 1st, 2020, 8:27 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:On the local front, I really hope no child gets left behind. .

ISPs should step up with schoolchild packages for underprivileged children. Low bandwidth, just enough for what they need.
Gg need job security, let the education chips fall where they may.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » September 14th, 2020, 3:15 pm

Listen to this piece of rubbish.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 14th, 2020, 3:38 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:On the local front, I really hope no child gets left behind. .

The ISPs need to stop with the unnecessary bumping of internet speeds every few months with its attendant price increases. Not every household contains gamers or people working in IT.

Flow's lowest package is 75down 10 up whilst Digicel's is 100 down 100 Up with each listed at $275/month (uncertain as to whether they prices are Vat Inc or Ex)

Some households would suffice with 25down/up.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » September 14th, 2020, 6:01 pm

I agree with the pricing of internet packages, I'm certain they can have low cost options.

I think xfinity has a $25.00US options for 15Mbps

All things considered AT&T has a package of $50.00 for 100Mbps, which is kind of on par with us so not bad value.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » September 14th, 2020, 6:06 pm

Yes "the ole pull out a bress" teaching technique.

Good to see modern teaching methods being developed and applied in these times.
This technique was developed specifically to get young men interested in schoolwork.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 14th, 2020, 6:37 pm

Numb3r4 wrote:Yes "the ole pull out a bress" teaching technique.

Good to see modern teaching methods being developed and applied in these times.
This technique was developed specifically to get young men interested in schoolwork.
twas motivation for a commendation back in the day... :D 8-)

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 15th, 2020, 7:29 am

So now 2 weeks later the Ministry still cannot get their act together, they were supposed to supply printed packages for students to work together online... they still have not managed to do so.... mind you we can focus on buying a Boat yard and so forth..but childrens education? WTF is that, and then we look back and wonder why our future seems doomed!

:roll:

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » September 15th, 2020, 8:31 am

Ben_spanna wrote:So now 2 weeks later the Ministry still cannot get their act together, they were supposed to supply printed packages for students to work together online... they still have not managed to do so.... mind you we can focus on buying a Boat yard and so forth..but childrens education? WTF is that, and then we look back and wonder why our future seems doomed!

:roll:

The Ministry is NOT supplying any printed packages. That is the responsibility of the individual schools and it will depend on the funding available to them.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 15th, 2020, 9:04 am

i was told that the ministry was doing that. but i knew i didnt see any info for the govt doing that, so any initiative would be on behalf of the individual teacher.

they have an opportunity to get a standardized battery of teaching material for all children to benefit from. but they are missing this time frame to get that accomplished.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 15th, 2020, 10:14 am

The ministry is not responsible for providing printed packages. Individual schools will only provide students with printed packages who are unable to get online classes.

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » September 15th, 2020, 10:59 am

Some schools emailing packages to you and telling you that you need to print, complete work then attach to the respective books. In some instances you have to scan and email to the respective teacher. When asked, the schools are saying the ministry wants the students/parents to print.

What is really going on?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 15th, 2020, 11:08 am

^^ as duanne clarified, schools doing what they see fit, given the lack of support by the MoE... the bonus they gave the teachers to come out in the holidays for the children, that money could have been spent in the govt printry to print out packages for children without internet access. u could print ticket to charge 8 yro, but u cant print work books for them...
i know govt not obligated to go to that extent to service the children, but neither did they have to go all out to ticket them. in a world of options, choose uplifting, not punishment

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 15th, 2020, 11:27 am

^ how is it a lack of support from the MOE?
Depending on the work that is emailed, no printing may be necessary as it can be done on the computer and sent back.
The printed package is meant for students with NO devices or internet access at all. If schools have students like this then they are advised to print the packages for those students only and then collect them back each week.

sMASH do you have kids in school?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 15th, 2020, 12:41 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ how is it a lack of support from the MOE?
Depending on the work that is emailed, no printing may be necessary as it can be done on the computer and sent back.
The printed package is meant for students with NO devices or internet access at all. If schools have students like this then they are advised to print the packages for those students only and then collect them back each week.

that printry measure is because a printry will print a lot cheaper than a photocopier. they just making the schools eat up thier budget, unnecessarily.
me, chirren, nah.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 15th, 2020, 1:06 pm

sMASH wrote:

that printry measure is because a printry will print a lot cheaper than a photocopier. they just making the schools eat up thier budget, unnecessarily.
me, chirren, nah.

Figured so cause I realise you not familiar with the way schools ran online last term and this term.

wrt to the govt printery, I’m not sure what you think the schools need to print. A printery is for mass copies of the same material, like books, booklets, forms, etc. The students who need printed packages will each need different things printed based on the school coursework or what assignments the teacher chooses to give that week.
Remember, while there is a syllabus, each school and each teacher would use varying texts, methods and exercises to get the syllabus completed.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 15th, 2020, 2:05 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
sMASH wrote:

me, chirren, nah.

Figured so cause I realise you not familiar with the way schools ran online last term and this term.

wrt to the govt printery, I’m not sure what you think the schools need to print. A printery is for mass copies of the same material, like books, booklets, forms, etc. The students who need printed packages will each need different things printed based on the school coursework or what assignments the teacher chooses to give that week.
Remember, while there is a syllabus, each school and each teacher would use varying texts, methods and exercises to get the syllabus completed.
it could have been standardized, cause its the same syllabus; same cxc, same sea ur working towards.
i understand how it is, but it needs to be streamlined more. i talking with a few teachers and is chaos on their end, cause every one of them fiting up to do their own thing, but have a cadre of documents to present to ministry. the parents side is stress, but the teachers have it way worse, as they have to plan, design, roll out, then correct and follow up, for each topic of each subject, then fill out a mass of MoE forms... (MoE doing their own crap, and i tell them they ahve to stream line that via ttuta)

where i had worked (the thread u all mumforded, not locked but disappeared), there were different sites. most things were the same stuff that needed to be taught, only like 10% was unique to each site for the most. they came up with training material and online training courses to get every one up to scratch in as fast a time as possible.

im talking from the perspective of learning and administering, moving from individual tutoring to standardization with a bulk online format.

each teacher doing their own thing, but they all are working towards the same destination...

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 15th, 2020, 3:05 pm

^ teachers and schools have different methods
There are also multiple text books on the same subject and level
it has always been like that

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 15th, 2020, 4:26 pm

i understand dat, ever since i was helping somebody with school work, from siblings to cousins to friends and later their chirren. i know how it 'is'. we need to move away from that.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 18th, 2020, 4:49 pm

Covid: Children more likely to be infected in second wave

The number of school-age children with coronavirus has risen "significantly" in the second wave compared with the first, according to the government's scientific advisers.

Children are now more likely than adults to be the person bringing a Covid infection into a household.

But families with children are at no higher risk of severe illness.

The National Education Union (NEU) said it was "troubled" by the number of children testing positive.

The exact role children play in transmitting coronavirus has long been an open question.

It's clear young people as a group are at very low risk of becoming seriously ill from the virus themselves.

There is also some evidence younger children are less likely to even contract it in the first place.

But when it comes to older children, their role in passing on the virus has been much less clear.

A review presented to government and published on 13 November outlines the growing evidence older children can catch and transmit Covid-19 at similar rates to adults.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54937486

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » November 20th, 2020, 8:05 pm

Maybe we handed this thing all wrong.

Maybe we just weren't supposed to try to avoid it.

Maybe we were just supposed to let it "wash over us".

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » November 20th, 2020, 8:15 pm

Numb3r4 wrote:Maybe we handed this thing all wrong.

boss, the long-term effects of this virus are not known. The virus could make you impotent. Are you okay with having that 'wash over you'?

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » November 20th, 2020, 9:52 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:Maybe we handed this thing all wrong.

boss, the long-term effects of this virus are not known. The virus could make you impotent. Are you okay with having that 'wash over you'?

What if the proposed vaccine makes you impotent?????

What if this is it..."a natural extinction level event"???

We love to talk about Global Warming and the proverbial comet strike couldn't this be it??? Are we delaying the inevitable???

I mean it is ultimately the making of our human society, the overpopulation of small areas leading to densely packed cities which expose people to high viral loads.

The virus was reportedly able to settle and survive on plastic and stainless steel surfaces from 3hrs up to 3days, this is an incredibly smart virus one that is quite well adapted to the modern urban environment, environments that are used everywhere in construction (well maybe not structural but certainly in trimmings). Not to mention how long it can stay with us and move with us and not show signs.

This virus seems very well adapted to live alongside us dare I say with us.

You mentioned impotent well maybe if it doesn't kill you it may very well be a natural population check???
Natural systems do self-regulate.

As you mentioned impotency what about the rising stress levels that have brought about rising impotency levels in men in the western working world??? Could that be another form of self-regulation???

Even here in Trinidad and Tobago how many young couples are hiving trouble conceiving????

7,000,000,000 people...that's a lot any system stretched to its limit will adjust or....

We see it daily economic inequality, folks struggling for resources (now I admit there are other reason for this too but...) If we had less maybe we'd have more to share or distribute better, or have less competition overall.

Look at who were among the first to get infected, the elderly and infirmed, sound familiar???

In "the wild" from the herd who do the predators target, is it not the sink and infirmed???

We have defied nature and are taking a humanist point of view to solve it, in that we have prioritized human needs and values above natural, but it was prioritizing those human needs and values that got us here.

May be we should have considered a naturalist view???

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 5th, 2020, 4:39 pm

Schools will open virtually on January 4.

CXC’s January exams will take place in physical school from January 17 and February 4. (That is dependent on a good Covid numbers for Christmas).

Come February 8, primary school children- Standard 5 only, and Forms 4-6, can return to physical school. They will have to be masked.

Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley

#TTCovid19Response

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 5th, 2020, 7:11 pm

d letter of d day is "V"

for example V is for "VIKEY VIKE" meaning when things are disorderly, unplanned or chaotic.
:|

this thing sounding like it gonna lead to a decision that carnival might be back on ....

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”