wana-B-racer
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Official HiFi Thread

Postby wana-B-racer » November 5th, 2020, 10:47 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
wana-B-racer wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
wana-B-racer wrote:Good day All
H I'm looking for a 2.1 channel system for my sitting room TV. I recently acquired a vintage Marantz 4400 that i was going to use with some floor standing speakers but decided on a modern setup with maybe a bookshelf and sub combo. I'm trying to be as minimalistic as possible. Was looking at the SVS wireless sound base and I like the Jamo C103's. i can always choose a sub later on or maybe not according to how it sounds in the space I will have it in.

Marantz is a great brand
You opting not to use it?

Only reason im not using it is the space i have allocated is very small, maybe 18" wide X 12" high X 12" in depth so thats why im looking for compact pieces

Nice!!!
Is that tile on the wall or wall paper?

Reflection actually lol

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 6th, 2020, 12:48 am

It’s a textured paint?

GLANIMAL
3NE 2NR for life

Postby GLANIMAL » November 6th, 2020, 3:23 am

wana-B-racer wrote:Good day All
H I'm looking for a 2.1 channel system for my sitting room TV. I recently acquired a vintage Marantz 4400 that i was going to use with some floor standing speakers but decided on a modern setup with maybe a bookshelf and sub combo. I'm trying to be as minimalistic as possible. Was looking at the SVS wireless sound base and I like the Jamo C103's. i can always choose a sub later on or maybe not according to how it sounds in the space I will have it in.

The new elac unifi 2.0 bookshelves andrew jones design are getting rave and great HIFI reviews ..reputable reviewers are even classing them as the best hifi u can get below the 1200usd range.master switch is even saying they outclass the martin logans 35xti, svs ultras, bowers 606, kef ls50s etc....they go for 600usd a pair...but elac tends to throw their stuff on 50% sale all the time..so wait and see...it all depends on your tase for music..bright vs neutral..vs in between...i like the in between with wide 3d kike soundstage.....svs ultra bookshleves for me does the trick in stereo mode if i eva seldom listen to music alone.so good for lil hifi..bess for ht..electronic interuors are your bowers, paradigm, martin logans dealer and streamline systems is alot of everthing else at the best prices u can get new stuff for with warranty

Im not into all that hifi stuff...more into ht...running marrantz with full svs ultras surrounds as well as pair of jl e 112w subs...was really leaning toward bowers cm s2 series at the time with their shimmering highs which i liked...but i save a bundle with the svs ultras with a close enough performance

GLANIMAL
3NE 2NR for life

Postby GLANIMAL » November 6th, 2020, 3:46 am

Gladiator wrote:Thanks ED... glad to see HiFi is alive in T&T... Russel... I remember long ago men had Sansui and Kenwood top end stuff.

I started HiFi last year after giving car audio SQ a rest. I did some open baffle DIY floorstanders coupled with NAD and Behringer amps. But it takes alot of processing to get the peaks subdued via DSP with the open baffle.

I have since gotten some Monitor Audio Silver 100 speakers on stands and the Sound is very detailed and tonal accuracy and imaging is amazing with the NAD 326Bee.

I am thinking of upgrading the amplifier but reading online that the Japanese amplifiers tend to be more technical sounding while the European amps are warmer and natural sounding. Any experience from you guys would be appreciated...

Heard those MAs already..they are sweet

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » November 6th, 2020, 1:26 pm

Saw STREAMLINE has these... Heard them in the US and they sounded unbelievable ... you would swear its two 8" drivers in those. They also have like 200W RMS dual amplification in each or something so...

Polydor
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Polydor » November 6th, 2020, 3:04 pm

Gladiator wrote:Thanks ED... glad to see HiFi is alive in T&T... Russel... I remember long ago men had Sansui and Kenwood top end stuff.

I started HiFi last year after giving car audio SQ a rest. I did some open baffle DIY floorstanders coupled with NAD and Behringer amps. But it takes alot of processing to get the peaks subdued via DSP with the open baffle.

I have since gotten some Monitor Audio Silver 100 speakers on stands and the Sound is very detailed and tonal accuracy and imaging is amazing with the NAD 326Bee.

I am thinking of upgrading the amplifier but reading online that the Japanese amplifiers tend to be more technical sounding while the European amps are warmer and natural sounding. Any experience from you guys would be appreciated...

Well this brings me way back...had a Sansui Amplifier ( AU-717 )

Took a lightning strike, never did come out of protection mode, still have the chassis and the transformers.

Years later got back one ( AU-919) and still works on Celestion Ditton Studio 66ises...

GLANIMAL
3NE 2NR for life

Postby GLANIMAL » November 6th, 2020, 4:38 pm

Gladiator wrote:Saw STREAMLINE has these... Heard them in the US and they sounded unbelievable ... you would swear its two 8" drivers in those. They also have like 200W RMS dual amplification in each or something so...

160 watts rms total ....80 per speaker

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » November 6th, 2020, 6:08 pm

I use a pair of NHT super zeros....20 year old models and a polk audio powered 10" sub. Sherwood 2 channel integrated amp picked up locally new in radio shack for $1200. A few years ago. Have a bit of vintage stuff just packed away as well

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 6th, 2020, 6:32 pm

dj scoobie is selling a pair of klipschorns on fb

wana-B-racer
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby wana-B-racer » November 25th, 2020, 11:22 am

Just for info
Amazon has these for a really good price
https://www.amazon.com/KEF-Q150-Bookshe ... r=8-3&th=1

wana-B-racer
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby wana-B-racer » November 27th, 2020, 10:50 am

As well as these
https://www.amazon.com/ELAC-Debut-Books ... sin_0&th=1
really good reviews, as a safe speaker

GLANIMAL
3NE 2NR for life

Postby GLANIMAL » November 29th, 2020, 12:32 pm

Streamline have cyber monday sale on klipsch and some audio stuff..

The klipsch stuff are cheaper than u would buy at sale price in the USA and bring it in yourself..

Pair of klipsch rp600m os 3500 per pair....demo them already..they are really gr8 for the price..u can pusj them with about anything

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » November 29th, 2020, 4:48 pm

GLANIMAL wrote:Streamline have cyber monday sale on klipsch and some audio stuff..

The klipsch stuff are cheaper than u would buy at sale price in the USA and bring it in yourself..

Pair of klipsch rp600m os 3500 per pair....demo them already..they are really gr8 for the price..u can pusj them with about anything

Yeah boy ... the Klipsch prices are pretty good.

wana-B-racer
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby wana-B-racer » January 6th, 2021, 9:29 pm

Got My Wharfedale 11.2 today, pairing it with a NAD 1045 DAC, have to build some stands

Not really liking the magnetic grills

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » January 6th, 2021, 10:58 pm

Very nice man...waiting on a review of the speakers. Is it the NAD 1045 or 3045?

What amplifier you using?

wana-B-racer wrote:Got My Wharfedale 11.2 today, pairing it with a NAD 1045 DAC, have to build some stands

Not really liking the magnetic grills

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » January 7th, 2021, 1:46 am

What made you decide to go with the white finish vs the other ones, were they on special? Are you adding a sub or just going stereo? Looking forward to a review, bookshelves are so tricky, you can get it right and enjoy your setup and then something new comes out with so many great reviews and suddenly you're in the market again. I just refoamed a pair of 19 year old Paradigm Atom V3 and man they hit the sweet spot in my pared- down audio system. Currently breaking them in with a 20w per digital T amp will move to either my 65w Kenwood KA-501 or a 40w Dynaco SC-80 that I recently acquired

Conrad
punchin NOS

Postby Conrad » January 7th, 2021, 11:51 am

Anyone has an AVR for sale?

At least 5.1
4K60 or better HDMI pass through
at least 100Ws on the satellite channels

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » January 18th, 2021, 10:14 pm

Anyone using an eq in their system? Looking for recommendations for a good equalizer, alternatively looking for someone to service old eqs like the ADC Sound Shaper

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » January 18th, 2021, 10:57 pm

dbx and rane has some good units

if u lucky to get a realistic or bsr for a more old school look

wana-B-racer
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby wana-B-racer » February 23rd, 2021, 10:36 am

TEAC A-H01 Integrated Amplifier and DAC
Features
Two Line in
Subwoofer Out
Optical In
etc
Great for desk top use or can power a living room setup for two channel audio.

$2500.00
791-2345

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”